Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief's PS game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief's PS game (/Thread-Chief-s-PS-game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Chief's PS game - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-11-2019

I hope Lou Anarumo is renting his place in Cincinnati. I’m not sure buying is his best option right now.

RE: Chief's PS game - BengalChris - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope Lou Anarumo is renting his place in Cincinnati.  I’m not sure buying is his best option right now.

He was like the 6th or 7th DC option. The others turned us down.

RE: Chief's PS game - Luvnit2 - 08-11-2019

Sad part is we have fans that saw our defense shredded and special teams play like crap. Yep, their focus and main concern is one ball thrown 1 yard short by AD on a long pass. His only miss BTW.

Geesh this is annoying.

If we don't fix the defense, our offense will have a record breaking year to win games, we will need over 30 points a game so not likely we will have  great/good year until defense is fixed.

RE: Chief's PS game - fortyyearfan - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How 'bout our boy, Auden Tate?  Making a nice, 26 yard grab, at the 1 yard line, setting up the TD.  Good to see him getting time with the 1st team, and making the most of it.

He for sure needs to be on this team.

(08-11-2019, 12:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sad part is we have fans that saw our defense shredded and special teams play like crap. Yep, their focus and main concern is one ball thrown 1 yard short by AD on a long pass. His only miss BTW.

Geesh this annoying.

If we don;t fix the defense, our offense will have a record breaking year to win games, we will need over 30 points a game so not likely we will have  great/good year until defense is fixed.

That ball really needed to be 5 yards further down field and it would have been a wide open TD. But yeah, that play has to be the least of our concerns. We still scored on that drive.

LBers and OL are still the problem areas for the 3rd year in a row.

RE: Chief's PS game - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He was like the 6th or 7th DC option. The others turned us down.

That’s right. I would have Jack Del Rio on speed dial just in case. Anyway, let’s give Lou another week to get the defense in position but keep in mind giving up 30+ points is getting dangerously close to Teryl Austin-caliber incompetence.

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you did not get a chance to whatch the chiefs last year, but Mahomes actually had more than a couple of incomplete passes over the course of the year.

He also had 5k yds and 50 TD’s. When Dalton can do that I’ll give him a lot more slack on the occasional miscue.

RE: Chief's PS game - kevin - 08-11-2019

Who was the starting LG that had 6 penalties in first half ? That is not acceptable, even in preseason. Missing a throw by an inch happens. I have seen my share of NBA preseason games and watched Michael Jordan and the greats throw the ball out of bounds. Preseason in all sports is sloppy and why they play preseason. However one player making 6 penalties in a first half may mean he is too stupid to be a starter. I saw that enough out of the guard we got from Giants last year. You can't keep putting team needing 20 yards, not 10 with O Line penalties all game. THAT is what Paul Brown NEVER tolerated, penalties. Bengals MUST reduce the penalties they put up.

Now I could be wrong on the 6 penalties by the LG, I was watching Reds also, but I thought I heard Bengals announcers say he had 6, and that is Too Many.

(08-11-2019, 12:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s right.  I would have Jack Del Rio on speed dial just in case.  Anyway, let’s give Lou another week to get the defense in position but keep in mind giving up 30+ points is getting dangerously close to Teryl Austin-caliber incompetence.

Yeah, I was hoping to see some of that new special coaching that fixes the team. Didn't see any of it in any area really.

(08-11-2019, 12:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sad part is we have fans that saw our defense shredded and special teams play like crap. Yep, their focus and main concern is one ball thrown 1 yard short by AD on a long pass. His only miss BTW.

Geesh this annoying.

If we don;t fix the defense, our offense will have a record breaking year to win games, we will need over 30 points a game so not likely we will have great/good year until defense is fixed.

Your reading comprehension is poor. My post that mentioned the missed throw (that triggered the army) had a list of multiple other non-Dalton things on it. You people make having an actual discussion on this board nearly impossible sometimes.

#leaveandyalone

RE: Chief's PS game - Luvnit2 - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your reading comprehension is poor. My post that mentioned the missed throw (that triggered the army) had a list of multiple other non-Dalton things on it. You people make having an actual discussion on this board nearly impossible sometimes.

#leaveandyalone

You are not getting grief for hating on AD in one post, you whine and whine and whine some more about him.

#quitfeeedingtheADtroll

RE: Chief's PS game - Whodey614 - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 12:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope Lou Anarumo is renting his place in Cincinnati.  I’m not sure buying is his best option right now.

I'm not sure why everyone is shocked. He was the last resort at DC and we made no upgrades to the worst defense in football. We're relying on yet another 3rd round linebacker to be a stud and a bunch of slightly average/poor linebackers to become more than they are. I remember everyone pounding the table for Darron Lee during the summer. Chiefs got him for a measly 6th round pick and he was out there making plays for them last night. Goes to show how much smarter the Bengals are than the fans.

Everyone bought into the possibility of Anarumo being a gem because the players said there's "more discipline" and "better teaching". We heard the same things last year with Austin. Being a good teacher and game planning a defense are two different animals.

I'm not saying throw Anarumo into the Ohio River right now because it's only week 1, most of our best players sat out, and it was against the Chiefs of all teams, but the most optimistic scenario for this defense is minimal improvement at best unless the DL and/or secondary can become elite units.

RE: Chief's PS game - Socal Bengals fan - 08-11-2019

Bengals strategy paying off. Top 3 pick next year draft OT Thomas from Georgia, top pick in 2021 Trevor Lawrence! I like it.

(08-11-2019, 12:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are not getting grief for hating on AD in one post, you whine and whine and whine some more about him.

#quitfeeedingtheADtroll

And see, I find YOUR bashing of players like AJ super annoying. Takes all kinds to make up a message board I suppose...

RE: Chief's PS game - chopperbobby - 08-11-2019

Dalton can’t through the ball over 30yards without the receiver having to stop and wait for it!

RE: Chief's PS game - GreenCornBengal - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 01:12 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Dalton can’t through the ball over 30yards without the receiver having to stop and wait for it!

Ya! He's NEVER thrown the ball far!!!  Ninja

RE: Chief's PS game - GreenCornBengal - 08-11-2019

Can we all agree that Malik Jefferson is a lost cause yet?

RE: Chief's PS game - Bengalitis - 08-11-2019

I'm sure he'll get the Carson home treatment if he doesnt fix things by game 1 in September. Hehe

https://247sports.com/Article/Fans-Trashed-Palmers-Yard-104775855/

RE: Chief's PS game - Synric - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 01:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope, didn’t forget, that’s what I expect out of an 8 year veteran QB. I just wish he could drop dimes in there like the one Mahomes did to Kelce down the sideline. THAT was pretty!

What was pretty was the play design. 

It was a rub play that created a step for Kelce over Williams that turned into a Wheel route that added another 2 or 3 steps because Shawn was trying to make up that step on what looked like a 15 yard out.

Andy Reid is really really good...too bad his teams always choke in the playoffs.

(08-11-2019, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: What was pretty was the play design. 

It was a rub play that created a step for Kelce over Williams that turned into a Wheel route that added another 2 or 3 steps because Shawn was trying to make up that step on what looked like a 15 yard out.

Andy Reid is really really good...too bad his teams always choke in the playoffs.

I’m sure if Dalton made that throw you’d be giving all the credit to Taylor...

And yes, Andy Reid hasn’t done much in the playoffs so far. That’s why they drafted Mahomes when they already had a decent starter in Alex Smith. And guess what? Mahomes won a playoff game in his first full season, and were only beat by the eventual SB winning Pats.