Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
All the starters go Thursday Ross out - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: All the starters go Thursday Ross out (/Thread-All-the-starters-go-Thursday-Ross-out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - Trademark - 08-19-2019

Ross is out? What a shocker! Such a bust

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - impactplaya - 08-19-2019

Glenn has a concussion
Glad to see the front office is just sitting on their
Hands in terms of Glenn.
Glenn cannot be relied on to play 16 games this year.
Yet the front office doesn't have a Plan B in case Glenn
Goes down.
Knock knock front office ......TRENT WILLIAMS

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - SunsetBengal - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 05:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Glenn has a concussion
Hands in terms of Glenn.
Yet the front office doesn't have a Plan  B in case Glenn
Goes down.

Outrageously expensive, injury prone guy that also appears to maybe be a malcontent?  

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - SunsetBengal - 08-19-2019

Hands in terms of Glenn.
Goes down.

Outrageously expensive, injury prone guy that also appears to maybe be a malcontent?  

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - TheLeonardLeap - 08-19-2019

(08-18-2019, 10:21 PM)jason Wrote: I'm with you now. I gotta go with John Ross then. The guy is a rumor.

Only bested by the rumored-to-exist-HoFer Jason Allen.  (Don't ever forget his glorious 3 defensive snaps with the Bengals after signing a 2yr/$8.2m deal.)

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - rfaulk34 - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think what this whole Ross debate is Perception vs Reality.
When I hear people slandering Ross, I hear the words/phrases such as "appears" and "looks like." 
Basically, this confirms that they are taking their perception and believing it to be reality.

Now I get the notion of "perception is reality" and maybe Ross should be more aware of how things could be perceived to avoid misconception, but we ultimately cannot claim 100% whether he ran a wrong route, gave up on a route, is faking an injury, etc. unless he or the team explicitly confirms that.

Regardless of word, he's injured way too much and his production isn't nearly as much as it should be for a #9 pick, short of 7 TDs last year. Which is, honestly, pretty mediocre for such a high draft pick.

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - McC - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Only bested by the rumored-to-exist-HoFer Jason Allen.  (Don't ever forget his glorious 3 defensive snaps with the Bengals after signing a 2yr/$8.2m deal.)

And he still did more than Antonio Bryant.

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - rfaulk34 - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: Seriously, other than being essentially a punt on second down, what exactly was the intent of that pass?  Where was the window for a completion, with two defenders to the left of the receiver and one ten yards deeper than the receiver?

Do we want our QB making deep throws on second down where the best case scenario is the receiver breaks up the pass?   That's good football?

No way to really know unless someone from the team spills the beans. 

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - LebanonFan - 08-19-2019

Hands in terms of Glenn.
Yet the front office doesn't have a Plan B in case Glenn
Goes down.

All reports out of Washington say several teams have inquired and Snyder is not willing to trade him

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - sandwedge - 08-19-2019

To put this thread to rest, wishful thinking, Ross is only practicing the rest of preseason and will play week #1 according Coach Taylor....

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - pally - 08-19-2019

Hands in terms of Glenn.
Goes down.

what do you want to give up for Williams?  Right now it is going to be expensive especially since Washington has said they aren't trading him

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - impactplaya - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 07:47 PM)pally Wrote: what do you want to give up for Williams?  Right now it is going to be expensive especially since Washington has said they aren't trading him

I'd give up a 3rd 4th 7th rd picks for him.
Put him at RT next year.
Jonah is my LT and Jordan is the LG. Price at C 
Hopkins RG.
Now that's a OLINE 

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - Kingslayer - 08-19-2019

Too bad they can't trade Ross for an O lineman

RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - THE PISTONS - 08-19-2019

(08-19-2019, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Outrageously expensive, injury prone guy that also appears to maybe be a malcontent?  

Yep. His salary is HUGE and the Redskins would want decent compensation. And the kicker...it's not like he's some elite lineman any more. He's maybe above average AND he gets hurt.

He played 13 games last year. 10 the year before. 12 the year before that. 14 the year before that.

For all intents and purposes the guy is Cordy Glenn.

Plus, there's a good chance that our draft picks will be really high this year.

Package Gio, Ross and a 5th for him. I know, it's just for fun. Not that easy to do

Maybe Ross and Hart?

(08-19-2019, 06:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Regardless of word, he's injured way too much and his production isn't nearly as much as it should be for a #9 pick, short of 7 TDs last year. Which is, honestly, pretty mediocre for such a high draft pick.

Honestly...Ross should have NEVER been a Top 10 pick. I read a lot of 2nd Round things about him.

The Bengals got cute and went for the shock factor and went with the guy that broke the combine record...and it backfired bigtime.

Now, IF they hit on Ced and some of the other picks...this isn't as big of a deal, but they haven't.

I doubt they cut him, but there were rumors that they were trying to trade him that got denied. Then, you got guys like Tate and Willis that look like they deserve roster spots. Do you just give Ross a spot without earning it and cut a guy that's working hard?

(08-19-2019, 08:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'd give up a 3rd 4th 7th rd picks for him.
Put him at RT next year.
Jonah is my LT and Jordan is the LG. Price at C 
Hopkins RG.
Now that's a OLINE 

There's a great chance we pick Top 5 this year.

Hopkins was a TERRIBLE RG the year we played him there.

Jordan? Who knows how he'll play. Price was a bad C last year.

And the kicker is, Trent Williams misses 3-4 games a year and he's not some GREAT Tackle. Like 3-4 years ago he was. Not now.

You'd essentially be making the same mistake we made with Glenn with Trent. That mistake is paying for past performance when the present player is injury prone and in decline.

(08-19-2019, 09:58 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Package Gio, Ross and a 5th for him.  I know, it's just for fun.  Not that easy to do

Maybe Ross and Hart?

That's a Madden trade that doesn't happen in the NFL.

What value to do you think Ross has around the league? And Bobby Hart was one of the worst starting Tackles in the league. I doubt teams are lining up to acquire him.

(08-19-2019, 10:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's a Madden trade that doesn't happen in the NFL.

What value to do you think Ross has around the league? And Bobby Hart was one of the worst starting Tackles in the league. I doubt teams are lining up to acquire him.

Like I said, just for fun.  

I was not serious, just pitching ideas

(08-19-2019, 10:07 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Like I said, just for fun.  

I was not serious, just pitching ideas

If you're the Redskins and you dump Williams, then you'll have other guys try the same thing.