Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How Much Power Does ZT Have? (/Thread-How-Much-Power-Does-ZT-Have)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - THE PISTONS - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 06:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, but in his half a season as OC, ZT called more plays as OC than Bienemy did in a full season as OC.  Mellow

Yeah...and ZT as OC of the Dolphins managed to actually make Lazor's offense WORSE.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Rubekahn29 - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I named 3 guys. Bieniemy, while you may not like him...has more NFL experience than Taylor. And I feel like IF we hired Bieniemy, you all would be talking about how great he is.

It is called supporting your favorite team. You should try it sometime, it's fun. 

(09-05-2019, 06:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So hire a coach with little experience and success? Kind of sounds like the Shula hiring if you're going to look at parallels of past coaches.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but expecting people to hate their favorite teams new head coach BEFORE he has even coached a game is pretty rediculous. 

(09-05-2019, 06:04 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It is called supporting your favorite team. You should try it sometime, it's fun. 

There are absolutely things I support about the team. I just give opinions. I feel ZT is underwhelming.

I think Green, Mixon, and Boyd are GREAT players. Mixon does amazing things behind a bad offensive line. <--- There's some positivity.

I'm not just going to be like, WOW - ZT is GREAT! He's going to turn us into a contender! If I don't believe it.

(09-05-2019, 06:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lafleur is the only one you've named who is actually coaching another NFL team. Lincoln Riley made it known that he did not want to go to the NFL yet. 

If you want coaches hired by other teams, I think Belicheck would be a good coach for the Bengals.  Hilarious

(09-05-2019, 06:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are absolutely things I support about the team. I just give opinions. I feel ZT is underwhelming.

I think Green, Mixon, and Boyd are GREAT players. Mixon does amazing things behind a bad offensive line. <--- There's some positivity.

I'm not just going to be like, WOW - ZT is GREAT! He's going to turn us into a contender! If I don't believe it.

Did you form those opinions prior to them playing a single regular season NFL game? Especially Boyd?? 

(09-05-2019, 06:06 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but expecting people to hate their favorite teams new head coach BEFORE he has even coached a game is pretty rediculous. 

Oh ZT has coached games...you guys just don't like to admit that the results of his track record are bad.

0 playoff wins in 28 years. Do you think this is our year to win 1?

In a league when most teams have won 5+ since we last won 1.

(09-05-2019, 06:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Did you form those opinions prior to them playing a single regular season NFL game? Especially Boyd?? 

Actually YES on Boyd. He grew up about 30 minutes from where I live and I followed him in college and saw him play in person. I wanted the Bengals to draft him.

I'll wait for your applause now.

(09-05-2019, 06:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh ZT has coached games...you guys just don't like to admit that the results of his track record are bad.

0 playoff wins in 28 years. Do you think this is our year to win 1?

In a league when most teams have won 5+ since we last won 1.

He has not been an NFL Headcoach before. Probably not, but I also do not expect him to work miracles with a subpar roster. I mean Marvin had 16 years why cant I give ZT 1? 

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - grampahol - 09-05-2019

Well he did turn Cincinnati into Rome at the height of the Roman empire so there's that..  Cool

(09-05-2019, 06:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Actually YES on Boyd. He grew up about 30 minutes from where I live and I followed him in college and saw him play in person. I wanted the Bengals to draft him.

I'll wait for your applause now.

Don't flatter yourself. 

(09-05-2019, 06:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He has not been an NFL Headcoach before. Probably not, but I also do not expect him to work miracles with a subpar roster. I mean Marvin had 16 years why cant I give ZT 1? 

Ok. So you think the roster is subpar.

Lets get to know you a bit:

How did you feel about the free agent signings? The draft? How about the coordinators?

Favorite external free agent signing? Webb, John Jerry, John Miller, or Kerry Wynn?

50% of our free agent signings were named John.

(09-05-2019, 06:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ok. So you think the roster is subpar.

Lets get to know you a bit:

How did you feel about the free agent signings? The draft? How about the coordinators?

Free agent signings: Meh... but expected. 

Draft: some good picks...injuries will take away some optimism to 1st rounder. Some good potential

Coordinators: cautiously optimistic. 

16 years of Marvin, I can give some grace to new staff. 

(09-05-2019, 06:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Favorite external free agent signing? Webb, John Jerry, John Miller, or Kerry Wynn?

50% of our free agent signings were named John.

Don't care for any of them but Miller and Wynn will probably contribute the most especially when Dennard is back and Webb moves back on Depth Chart. 

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - fredtoast - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote: Bieniemy has a title.  Andy Reid has the job.  Taylor was every bit as much involved in the Rams offense as Bieneimy did in KC's.  I'm repeating this  because you ignored it the first time I said it.

I did not ignore it.  In fact I commented on you making up stuff and claiming it was true.

(09-05-2019, 05:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: You're arguing for a guy we know for a fact that nobody else wanted.  Both guys were interviewed here.  Taylor got the job.  

Maybe Taylor was the only one willing to work under the terms mike Brown was offering.

Remember all of the DC's we tried to hire that turned us down.

(09-05-2019, 05:00 PM)McC Wrote: LaFleur was hired almost immediately by the Packers, so never in play at all. So, for the love of God, take his name off the damn list. 

He was absolutely in play.  Bengals just moved too slow.

(09-05-2019, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was absolutely in play.  Bengals just moved too slow.

And you know he wanted to come here....how? 

(09-05-2019, 06:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: And you know he wanted to come here....how? 

I have no idea.  All I know is that he was looking for a job and we had one to offer.

How do you know he wouldn't come here?