Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How Much Power Does ZT Have? (/Thread-How-Much-Power-Does-ZT-Have)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - NKURyan - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 02:39 PM)McC Wrote: So, a grand total of ONE.   One.  And Riley wasn't going to leave anyway, so you might as well have said Bill Walsh.  So that was just a non- choice.

EB had a title.  Woo Hoo.  Andy Reid did the job.  So he really has no track record at all either.  Zac had at least as much to do with the Rams offense as EB had to do with the Chiefs'.  But you conveniently ignore that, since it doesn't fit your narrative.

And your other choice was hired for another job.  So, basically, you had zero choices.  Your choice was actually this---anyone but the guy who got the job.

Just imagine if PB had felt that Sam Wyche was completely defined by is 3-8 record at IU.   Or if NE had decided that Bill Belichick was nothing more than a guy who got fired by the Browns.   And Pete Carroll went to USC because he had already failed in the NFL.  So Seattle did some creative thinking just to hire him despite his previous failure.

Let's say that the Bengals had hired LaFleur as head coach. We all know Pistons would be complaining about that hire, too. Same with EB. He'd just move the goalposts.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - fredtoast - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 02:47 PM)McC Wrote: No there weren't.  There actually weren't any.

Bienemy and LaFleur were both OCs.

You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - fredtoast - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 03:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Let's say that the Bengals had hired LaFleur as head coach. We all know Pistons would be complaining about that hire, too. Same with EB. He'd just move the goalposts.

And McC would be claiming that LaFleur was an offensive savant who was going to save the Bengals.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - THE PISTONS - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 02:39 PM)McC Wrote: So, a grand total of ONE.   One.  And Riley wasn't going to leave anyway, so you might as well have said Bill Walsh.  So that was just a non- choice.

EB had a title.  Woo Hoo.  Andy Reid did the job.  So he really has no track record at all either.  Zac had at least as much to do with the Rams offense as EB had to do with the Chiefs'.  But you conveniently ignore that, since it doesn't fit your narrative.

And your other choice was hired for another job.  So, basically, you had zero choices.  Your choice was actually this---anyone but the guy who got the job.

Just imagine if PB had felt that Sam Wyche was completely defined by is 3-8 record at IU.   Or if NE had decided that Bill Belichick was nothing more than a guy who got fired by the Browns.   And Pete Carroll went to USC because he had already failed in the NFL.  So Seattle did some creative thinking just to hire him despite his previous failure.

LOL - Classic. Downplays others success to pump up the Bengals mediocrity. Haters gonna hate.

ZT had the 123rd ranked offense as OC at U of Cincy. Lazor got fired in Miami and ZT took over AND THE OFFENSE GOT WORSE. Those are both facts.

(09-05-2019, 02:42 PM)McC Wrote: You see it.  You just refuse to acknowledge.

And what great choices they were--a college coach with no intentions of leaving, a guy hired by someone else and a guy with no more track record than the guy who got the job.  My bad.  Let me right here and now applaud the brilliance of those choices.

LOL - So Lafleur is a bad choice because a team actually wanted him and hired him.

Riley is a bad choice because you don't know if he would actually come here?

And Bieniemy actually has more Pro OC experience than ZT.

Funny. If we hired Bieniemy you'd likely be bashing ZT if someone wanted him.

(09-05-2019, 03:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Let's say that the Bengals had hired LaFleur as head coach. We all know Pistons would be complaining about that hire, too. Same with EB. He'd just move the goalposts.

That's a false narrative. Any objective person can see ZT is inexperienced with a poor track record.

You guys/girls would all be claiming LaFleur is great. Heck, some of you are all excited about how much Bobby Hart improved over the offseason because he did well in the preseason. Really, no matter what moves we make...some of you are on here trumpeting how great of a move it is.

Good thing you guys/girls hang on every word I say! You'd be bored if I didn't post. Look how many replies you've all made.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - McC - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 04:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bienemy and LaFleur were both OCs.

You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

LaFleur was hired almost immediately by the Packers, so never in play at all. So, for the love of God, take his name off the damn list.

Bieniemy really has no more experience than Taylor, so how is he a better candidate?    Who is the real OC in KC?  Who designed the offense and calls the plays there?

And what smarter team than the Bengals hired EB as their HC?  The Bengals were not the only team looking, yet no one hired him.  Wonder what that means.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - psychdoctor - 09-05-2019

This thread.....

:threadjack:

(09-05-2019, 05:00 PM)McC Wrote: LaFleur was hired almost immediately by the Packers, so never in play at all. So, for the love of God, take his name off the damn list.

Bieniemy really has no more experience than Taylor, so how is he a better candidate?    Who is the real OC in KC?  Who designed the offense and calls the plays there?

And what smarter team than the Bengals hired EB as their HC?  The Bengals were not the only team looking, yet no one hired him.  Wonder what that means.

Why couldn't the Bengals compete for him? Offer him more money? More power?

Bieniemy does actually have more experience than ZT. He was an OC for a full season in the NFL. That's more than ZT.

What other team was going to hire ZT as a HC? Yeah...none.

(09-05-2019, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL - So Lafleur is a bad choice because a team actually wanted him and hired him.

Riley is a bad choice because you don't know if he would actually come here?

And Bieniemy actually has more Pro OC experience than ZT.

Funny. If we hired Bieniemy you'd likely be bashing ZT if someone wanted him.
Way to make shit up.  This is how I know when a guy is getting flummoxed--when he refuses to stick to what is actually being said.

Never LaFluer was a bad choice, just that he was not a possible choice.  Can you not understand the difference?

Bieniemy has a title.  Andy Reid has the job.  Taylor was every bit as much involved in the Rams offense as Bieneimy did in KC's.  I'm repeating this  because you ignored it the first time I said it.

Also never said Riley was a bad choice, just that he was not a possible choice because he repeatedly  said he was staying where he was.  Duh.  You might as well have said Bear Bryant.

So, to summarize--you had two choices who were not choices at all and a guy who was more or less the guy the Bengals hired.

I'm seeing a pattern of lack of comprehension on your part that is making my further participation in this conversation seem quite pointless.

(09-05-2019, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And McC would be claiming that LaFleur was an offensive savant who was going to save the Bengals.

You should give up lawyering and take up writng novels cuz you have a natural gift at fiction.  Never once have I called anyone an offensive savant.  You can't argue anything I actually say so all you can do is fabricate.  That's just sad.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - grampahol - 09-05-2019

(09-03-2019, 10:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: It must be true, I read an article on it!!! LMAO  I guess any shmuck  can write something and a few lemmings will believe it.....

Wait.. You can't say stuff on the internet if it's not true. They have lawz n stuff against it..  Hilarious

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Whatever - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why couldn't the Bengals compete for him? Offer him more money? More power?

Bieniemy does actually have more experience than ZT. He was an OC for a full season in the NFL. That's more than ZT.

What other team was going to hire ZT as a HC? Yeah...none.

Taylor had other interviews, so we hypothetically don't know if another team would have hired him.

We know for a fact that no other team was going to give Bienemy a HC gig because nobody else did.

You're arguing for a guy we know for a fact that nobody else wanted.  Both guys were interviewed here.  Taylor got the job.  No franchise just looks to see who has the best resume and hires that guy.

(09-05-2019, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote: Way to make shit up.  This is how I know when a guy is getting flummoxed--when he refuses to stick to what is actually being said.

Never LaFluer was a bad choice, just that he was not a possible choice.  Can you not understand the difference?

Bieniemy has a title.  Andy Reid has the job.  Taylor was every bit as much involved in the Rams offense as Bieneimy did in KC's.  I'm repeating this  because you ignored it the first time I said it.

Also never said Riley was a bad choice, just that he was not a possible choice because he repeatedly  said he was staying where he was.  Duh.  You might as well have said Bear Bryant.

So, to summarize--you had two choices who were not choices at all and a guy who was more or less the guy the Bengals hired.

I'm seeing a pattern of lack of comprehension on your part that is making my further participation in this conversation seem quite pointless.

I didn't realize you wanted a comprehensive list of EVERY candidate who would have been a better coordinator than ZT? 

Maybe the 122 offensive coordinators in college football who had a better offense than him. Maybe EVERY offensive and defensive coordinator in the NFL who has a Top 10 offense or defense.

(09-05-2019, 05:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor had other interviews, so we hypothetically don't know if another team would have hired him.

We know for a fact that no other team was going to give Bienemy a HC gig because nobody else did.

You're arguing for a guy we know for a fact that nobody else wanted.  Both guys were interviewed here.  Taylor got the job.  No franchise just looks to see who has the best resume and hires that guy.

I named 3 guys. Bieniemy, while you may not like him...has more NFL experience than Taylor. And I feel like IF we hired Bieniemy, you all would be talking about how great he is.

I also named Lafleur and Lincoln Riley.

I could come up with a bunch more guys too.

Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern did a great job with an irrelevant program and is worth a look. Jim Harbaugh was a heck of a coach in the NFL.

I could keep naming more. It's kind of fun watching you all try to discredit them all! I think I'll keep naming more. I'll bold them in Red so you can easily spot them.

Pete Carmichael, Offensive Coordinator - Saints.

Bob Stoops supposedly has interest in the NFL.

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Rubekahn29 - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I didn't realize you wanted a comprehensive list of EVERY candidate who would have been a better coordinator than ZT? 

Maybe the 122 offensive coordinators in college football who had a better offense than him. Maybe EVERY offensive and defensive coordinator in the NFL who has a Top 10 offense or defense.

We had one of the BEST coordinators in Marvin Lewis, and we have 0 playoff wins. We had a HOF coordinator in Dick Lebeau, that worked well didn't it? What's their excuse? I think it's been pretty well proven that great coordinators do not always make great head coaches. Why are you hating so hard on your favorite teams head coach who hasn't even played a regular season game yet? It sounds almost personal. Did he hurt you?  

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - PhilHos - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bieniemy does actually have more experience than ZT. He was an OC for a full season in the NFL. That's more than ZT.

Yeah, but in his half a season as OC, ZT called more plays as OC than Bienemy did in a full season as OC.  Mellow

RE: How Much Power Does ZT Have? - Rubekahn29 - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I named 3 guys. Bieniemy, while you may not like him...has more NFL experience than Taylor. And I feel like IF we hired Bieniemy, you all would be talking about how great he is.

I also named Lafleur and Lincoln Riley.

I could come up with a bunch more guys too.

Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern did a great job with an irrelevant program and is worth a look. Jim Harbaugh was a heck of a coach in the NFL.

I could keep naming more. It's kind of fun watching you all try to discredit them all! I think I'll keep naming more. I'll bold them in Red so you can easily spot them.

Lafleur is the only one you've named who is actually coaching another NFL team. Lincoln Riley made it known that he did not want to go to the NFL yet. 

(09-05-2019, 06:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We had one of the BEST coordinators in Marvin Lewis, and we have 0 playoff wins. We had a HOF coordinator in Dick Lebeau, that worked well didn't it? What's their excuse? I think it's been pretty well proven that great coordinators do not always make great head coaches. Why are you hating so hard on your favorite teams head coach who hasn't even played a regular season game yet? It sounds almost personal. Did he hurt you?  

So hire a coach with little experience and success? Kind of sounds like the Shula hiring if you're going to look at parallels of past coaches.