Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Finley after the bye week? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Finley after the bye week? (/Thread-Finley-after-the-bye-week)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Finley after the bye week? - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 09:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Did you see his noodle of an arm?

There’s no velocity on Ryan Finley’s passes which is no issue if receivers are wide open. This is fixable. It would be good now that the Bengals’ season is essentially over to get Ryan in real games against first team NFL defenses. He’s going to get picked a lot at first — but it’s time to see him play.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - rfaulk34 - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 09:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Did you watch Today's game? Also when WRs are dropping passes left and right maybe it's not all on the QB.

No, i didn't watch every single second of that game today...

Of course i did!

I'm not talking about drops. I'm talking about skipping the ball feet in front of receivers, throwing balls way over their heads, throwing balls behind them, throwing into double coverage. 

Drops; 1 thing
Other stuff; 4 things

So that's, 80% Dalton, 20% receivers.

(10-20-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A lot is on Dalton. When there's no rush, he struggles. Can't win with this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah. He sucks. But Zac won't replace him because Zac is an idiot.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-20-2019

And Dalton has a canon? Please lol

RE: Finley after the bye week? - J24 - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 09:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, i didn't watch every single second of that game today...

Of course i did!

I'm not talking about drops. I'm talking about skipping the ball feet in front of receivers, throwing balls way over their heads, throwing balls behind them, throwing into double coverage. 

Drops; 1 thing
Other stuff; 4 things

So that's, 80% Dalton, 20% receivers.
There were 6 drops today including a perfectly placed  43 harder to Erickson. How is that not an issue?

(10-20-2019, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Dalton has a canon? Please lol

It's a lot better than Finleys.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 10:02 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There were 6 drops today including a perfectly placed  43 harder to Erickson. How is that not an issue?

One of Boyds drops was due to him having to adjust and come back to make the catch. If Dalton hits him in stride it’s probably a completion. Happens all the time with Dalton. Far too often huge WR’s like AJ and Tate have to make incredible catches on his passes. I guarantee Ross would have more success with a QB that could actually hit him at full speed.

(10-20-2019, 09:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There’s no velocity on Ryan Finley’s passes which is no issue if receivers are wide open.  This is fixable.  It would be good now that the Bengals’ season is essentially over to get Ryan in real games against first team NFL defenses.  He’s going to get picked a lot at first — but it’s time to see him play.

Where do you guys come UP with this shit??

Get ahold of some facts and stop pulling stuff out of your ass...jeez.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

(10-20-2019, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Where do you guys come UP with this shit??

Get ahold of some facts and stop pulling stuff out of your ass...jeez.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/
Watched the game homie dude has no arm.

(10-20-2019, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of Boyds drops was due to him having to adjust and come back to make the catch. If Dalton hits him in stride it’s probably a completion. Happens all the time with Dalton. Far too often huge WR’s like AJ and Tate have to make incredible catches on his passes. I guarantee Ross would have more success with a QB that could actually hit him at full speed.

1.) Boyd is being paid ten million a year he needs to make some tough catches .
2.) Tate and Green are some of the best contested catch makers in the league. Dalton is putting the ball where only they can catch them.

(10-20-2019, 10:02 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There were 6 drops today including a perfectly placed  43 harder to Erickson. How is that not an issue?

So the 20% issue is bigger than the 80% issue...

*sigh*

This is such a waste of time.....................................................................................................................................

(10-20-2019, 10:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's a lot better than Finleys.

One ***** mile per hour.

(10-20-2019, 10:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Watched the game homie dude has no arm.

He has more arm than you have....

Nvm. Maybe i should throw out my own proposal and take the Bengals this week. It would give me a damn good reason to avoid all this nonsense. 

#tryfacts

I'm done with nonsense. 

If i don't reply to your post, it's nonsense. 

#tryfacts

RE: Finley after the bye week? - bfine32 - 10-21-2019

There is currently only 1 QB in the NFL who has a lower passer rating than Andy and has started every game for his team...1.

In Andy's past 8 years I have never asked for him to be benched to start a game and have refrained from that until the last couple weeks this season. I have suggested that Marvin and Zac should pull him mid-game before (ala Wyche and Anderson), but the time has come to see what we have in Finley.

the good news about all this: The only QB with a worse rating that Andy who has started everyone of their team's games? Baker Mayfield.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - Socal Bengals fan - 10-21-2019

(10-20-2019, 10:12 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Boyd is being paid ten million a year he needs to make some tough catches .
2.) Tate and Green are some of the best contested catch makers in the league. Dalton is putting the ball where only they can catch them.

Dalton is overthrowing the ball luckily Tate n Green should be in the NBA and are saving his sorry butt from turnovers.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - fredtoast - 10-21-2019

(10-20-2019, 10:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So the 20% issue is bigger than the 80% issue...

*sigh*

This is such a waste of time.....................................................................................................................................

Why are you aorried about wasting time?

How long doe it take you to pull some made up stat like "80% Dalton", out of your ass?

RE: Finley after the bye week? - rfaulk34 - 10-21-2019

(10-21-2019, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why are you aorried about wasting time?

How long doe it take you to pull some made up stat like "80% Dalton", out of your ass?

I don't know. How long does it take you to not understand, or just completely make something up, when you don't know what you're talking about or when someone is blasting your ass with truth and facts?

You obviously don't even know what the 80% is in reference to.

RE: Finley after the bye week? - guyofthetiger - 10-21-2019

(10-16-2019, 04:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You need to give up your hope that Taylor gets fired. It just not is happening this offseason. It's not. We could be the first team to have negative wins and Taylor will still have a job next season. Short of killing someone or having sex with Katie, Taylor is getting another season.

Hue Jackson went 0-16 in Cleveland before they fired him. 

RE: Finley after the bye week? - fredtoast - 10-21-2019

(10-21-2019, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is currently only 1 QB in the NFL who has a lower passer rating than Andy and has started every game for his team...1.

In Andy's past 8 years I have never asked for him to be benched to start a game and have refrained from that until the last couple weeks this season. I have suggested that Marvin and Zac should pull him mid-game before (ala Wyche and Anderson), but the time has come to see what we have in Finley.

the good news about all this: The only QB with a worse rating that Andy who has started everyone of their team's games? Baker Mayfield.

As much as I defend Dalton I would have no problem with taking a look at Finley.

This season is a complete loss.  Even when Andy engineers one of his great fourth quarter comebacks the defense just gives away the game.