Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion (/Thread-Glenn-at-odds-with-Bengals-over-concussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-18-2019

(10-17-2019, 05:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's what we said about Carson Palmer. But then we traded for a 1st round pick! And that pick got us *checks notes* ...Dre Kirkpatrick...

Yea, you're right. Don't give this guy the satisfaction  Ninja

Palmer retired and passed on money to make a statement. BIG, HUGE difference in the two scenarios.

(10-17-2019, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say this...
Ever since Turner came to the Bengals, Boling has retired, Glenn has had a very lengthy concussion, and Westerman almost left the team before being cut.

Rather than slander every player for being "weak," perhaps point the blame at Turner. This isn't the first time he's had issues.

I'm no Turner apologist....but for the last time....BOLING HAD BLOOD CLOTS IN HIS LUNGS! Not you too Ocho! LOL

Jeez people, I get it, it's 2019 and we all gotta draw inferences....but Boling had a serious medical scare. He made a call. If it was just Turner, I would INFER (see what I did there) that Clint would have simply requested a trade, rather then pass up millions. Why would Westerman even come back if he hated Turner that bad? Is he playing elsewhere? (I seriously don't know). Only one, who had an issue in Buffalo, has been a ***** about it....

(10-17-2019, 08:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Try looking at it from his point of view. Say at your job you’ve been working for several years at the second highest paid position at your company, they hire a new guy straight out of college, hand him your job with no competition and demote you to a lesser position that impacts your future income significantly. Would you not get pissed? He probably handled it poorly if he was trying to force his way out, but I can’t fault a guy for getting upset in that scenario.

**** that Jimbo.....did Whitworth lay down when we drafted TWO Tackles?

Glenn is a sack of shit. We gotta stop rewarding behavior like his.....or justifying it.

(10-18-2019, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's from the comments section of a Deadspin article "why your team sucks" that they do every year for every team. 

It's satire.  Mellow

Hadn't you heard, Deadspin just got the Pulitzer for Journalistic Integrity!  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Stall 'eem out Debo!"  LMAO LMAO

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - WeezyBengal - 10-18-2019

Lol this entire franchise is a mess.

Only way to fix it is to trade or fire literally everyone. Hire a competent GM and go from there.

It will never happen, though.

(10-17-2019, 05:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm in their Ring of Honor. It doesn't take much. I just passed by and didn't LOL in the general direction of the stadium.

They put my bust right next to Rod Tidwell's (they think he was really a thing). 

Yeah - a few great years in Arizona, some playoff births, and an NFC championship game...but the Bengals got the last laugh for suuuuure...

(10-18-2019, 09:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lol this entire franchise is a mess.

Only way to fix it is to trade or fire literally everyone. Hire a competent GM and go from there.

It will never happen, though.

If this team was ran like most of the league, the first move would be to hire a legit GM. Let the guy evaluate everything and go from there.

Unfortunately, like you say, won't happen.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - RunKijanaRun - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 09:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah - a few great years in Arizona, some playoff births, and an NFC championship game...but the Bengals got the last laugh for suuuuure...

Congrats to him for those playoff "births." 

And I was poking fun at Arizona, not Palmer. That shouldn't have been that hard to follow. 

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - THE PISTONS - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's from the comments section of a Deadspin article "why your team sucks" that they do every year for every team. 

It's satire.  Mellow

It was added to the actual article. They took reasons a team sucks that people commented.

Like I said, maybe it's made up or not...but someone said it.

Here we are in Year 2 of Glenn being in Cincy basically forcing his way out. I'd say that evidence points to him not liking it here.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - BleedNOrange - 10-18-2019

Can someone please clear somethings up for me?

Did Glenn cleared by an independent nuerologist? If so, when? If he was cleared, was his symptons self-reported only?

I was under the impression that he did not cleared by a doctor until just a couple days ago but am reading people claim otherwise.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Whatever - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 12:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You can’t progress through the return to play protocol if you’re still having symptoms. So you’re suggesting a guy who claims he is being rushed back to play too soon doesn’t have any symptoms?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cordy-glenn-reportedly-wants-bengals-to-release-him-over-treatment-for-concussion/amp/

Look at the video.

Glenn isn’t in pads. Which means what? It means he has been cleared for step 4 of the return to play protocol. He has to complete step 4 without symptoms before he can progress to step 5.  Which means he hasn’t been cleared for full contact, yet. Which means he hasn’t been cleared to return to play by an independent neurologist.

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-head-neck-spine-committees-concussion-protocol-overview/

Step 4 of concussion protocol only allows the player to participate in non-contact drills. You just showed video of him in a contact drill.  

(10-18-2019, 03:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hadn't you heard, Deadspin just got the Pulitzer for Journalistic Integrity!  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Stall 'eem out Debo!"  LMAO LMAO

Yeah...make fun of it...but Glenn has been here just over a season and is apparently pushing his way out. I'd tend to say there is some smoke to that fire that he isn't happy in Cincy. 

(10-18-2019, 09:28 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Congrats to him for those playoff "births." 

And I was poking fun at Arizona, not Palmer. That shouldn't have been that hard to follow. 

I'm just dumb. 

(10-18-2019, 09:39 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Can someone please clear somethings up for me?

Did Glenn cleared by an independent nuerologist?  If so, when?  If he was cleared, was his symptons self-reported only?

I was under the impression that he did not cleared by a doctor until just a couple days ago but am reading people claim otherwise.

This is the million dollar question. Im not sure anyone truly knows the answer to it. 

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Yojimbo - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 03:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: **** that Jimbo.....did Whitworth lay down when we drafted TWO Tackles?

Glenn is a sack of shit. We gotta stop rewarding behavior like his.....or justifying it.

Me being empathetic to his state of mind, does not mean I approve of the way he's gone about displaying it. This is a situation that should have had Glenn, Taylor, Tobin and MB sitting in a room during training camp and figuring out a way to get Glenn off the team.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - RunKijanaRun - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 09:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm just dumb. 

I feel ya. I'm dumb as ****.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - CKwi88 - 10-18-2019

Sounds like more and more players are realizing they have more power over their situations than previously thought.

I doubt it works out the same way for Glenn as it did for bona fide stars like Ramsey.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - OBX Bengal - 10-18-2019

(10-17-2019, 10:46 PM)11 hours ago Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:03 pm)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wrote:I read some place after Glenn got traded here that he didn't like Cincy and was really unhappy to come here.

rfaulk34
As a side note...this is the kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way. 

If you're going to post something like this, back it up. Don't type shit like this and say "i heard" and leave it at that. That's how bullshit rumors get started and it's how misinformation goes from a kindle to a forest fire. 

I'm not trying to single you out...it was just an opportunity to state that this kind of post is unnecessary and potentially problematic. 

This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/

(10-18-2019, 10:12 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/

Yep. That's in line with the Deadspin blurb.

Wonder the affect on the team? The line sucks. We're down to like our 4th or 5th Tackle...and the starter from last year doesn't want to play.

I wonder how much his ego plays in? Getting yanked from your starting job while Bobby Hart is penciled in as the RT has got to suck.

RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - SHRacerX - 10-18-2019

(10-17-2019, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Glenn not happy how Bengals supposedly trying to rush him back from concussion and fining him $200k for conduct detrimental to the team. Paul Dehner Jr tweeted that Glenn isn't even at the facility today for practice.

Even a consensus top-tier FA pickup becomes worthless when he comes here.  At least the results are consistent.   Ninja