Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Are there any optimists left? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Are there any optimists left? (/Thread-Are-there-any-optimists-left)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Are there any optimists left? - HarleyDog - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 02:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The ship is sinking and Mike Brown is steering it with a business as usual attitude

[Image: raw]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-30-2019

That is some funny shit Harley lol

Hilarious

Sad too though. Cry

Needs to be sunk at this point, already hit the iceberg, now need to get the good folks off the ship.

Let the rest go.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Gamma Ray Tan - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems the Seattle game and the 1 point loss was the peak of our season. Taylor had showed that he was going to be successful. The Taylor naysayers were put in their place. Better days were coming.

A couple losses later and the optimists disappeared it seems.

Now at 0-8, the most optimistic thing I can recall is that a couple HOF coaches started out this bad...but the more games we lose, the less we can even say that.

Are there any optimists left? If so, lets see your take on reason to be optimistic.

Do you still think Taylor is a good coach?

Give us hope for the future...

No..... next question.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Nately120 - 10-30-2019

I do recall the "ZT and his system could revitalize Dalton's career" articles after the week 1 game looking very completely absolutely 100% wrong, now.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - fredtoast - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 03:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hopkins played well last season in the time he was out there.

I don't think so.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Pat5775 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you imagine if Mike Brown got his way and we drafted Ryan Mallet?

Sick Sick Sick

RE: Are there any optimists left? - rfaulk34 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our front office has produced a winning record over the last 15 years without even wanting or trying to win.

Do realize how brilliant that means they are?  They actually have a winning record against all those other teams who care and try so hard.  That is pure genius.

:andy:  Who Dey  Dancing  Happy  DingDing  Yes  Garfield  Who Dey

A 131-130-3 (0-7) record is genius? 

RE: Are there any optimists left? - fredtoast - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A 131-130-1 record is genius? 

If you do it without even trying.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - THE PISTONS - 10-30-2019

I feel like the people who went to Vegas to bet on the Bengals before the season to win the SB are regretting that decision now.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - I_C_DeadPeople - 10-30-2019

I am optimistic that I will be pessimistic for years to come.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - RunKijanaRun - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I do recall the "ZT and his system could revitalize Dalton's career" articles after the week 1 game looking very completely absolutely 100% wrong, now.

No, they were correct. If read in the proper context. 

The long game was moving him out of Cincinnati to a team more apt to succeed. 

RE: Are there any optimists left? - psychdoctor - 10-30-2019

Make this thread again or resurrect this thread (as you do with others) AFTER the 2020 draft. If management blows this up coming draft, then all hell will break loose and the apocalypse will be upon us.... Say What

RE: Are there any optimists left? - BengalChris - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to blame Turner for all that because all the O-linemen we have this year were great last year, right?

And Hopkins improving is just luck.

At least Mixon had room to run last season. And the team did win 6 games and had 5 games where it started Driskel at QB.

If this coaching staff were better than Marvin's then they should be a at least a 9 win team this year, only they blew that by going 0-8.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - WestCoastBengalsFan - 10-31-2019

(10-30-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems the Seattle game and the 1 point loss was the peak of our season. Taylor had showed that he was going to be successful. The Taylor naysayers were put in their place. Better days were coming.

Now at 0-8, the most optimistic thing I can recall is that a couple HOF coaches started out this bad...but the more games we lose, the less we can even say that.

Are there any optimists left? If so, lets see your take on reason to be optimistic.

There are pieces I'm optimistic about, like no more Dalton, Jonah when he gets healthy, and seeing what happens when Zac gets more coaching time under his belt. Besides that, I think Zac pretty much blew his wad in Seattle, everyone has figured us out. We should see if Finley can be something (probably not) and give Dolegala a few games at the very end just to try that out too. I'm still going to go to all the games cause I have season tickets and booked plane tickets before the season even started. At the very least I can hang out with buddies I don't see that often and eat some Skyline while in town.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - coachmcneil71 - 10-31-2019

I'm not optimistic at all for the remainder of this season. Ts, if we can just add two very good FAs, one on the O-Line, and one at LB. Vets! Leaders! Re-sign AJ, team friendly deal. Draft Chase Young. Pick up another young QB with upside, then spend the rest of the picks on LBs, O-Lineman, and DBs.
Get some skill players as UDFAs.
New defensive coaches. Hire a proven OC and O-Line coach.
We have young RBs , when healthy, and a solid WR corps, when healthy. If they can roll out something like that, my optimism may return.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Tiger Teeth - 10-31-2019

I am a fan of this team. I have grown tired of all the "labels" that get tossed around on this board; "homer, hater, realist, optimist, pessimist, delusional...and so on." I had low expectations going into this season, and they got worse as the injuries starting piling up. Anyone who really thought we were going to be competitive this year were kidding themselves.

But more than anything, I am really tired of coming here and seeing fans of this team constantly relish in the delight that they are "right" and post negative stuff. I remember an old member from the mothership, Bengals and Bassetts, once told me that if you don't enjoy something, quit doing it. And she left forever.

So I am asking for someone else to take over doing Birthday Threads in Klotsch, as I am going to be spending much less time around here. I have some changes in my personal life that will take up more of my time anyway. But I will still be a FAN of this team, and be around here, just not nearly as much.

RE: Are there any optimists left? - Catmandude123 - 10-31-2019

(10-30-2019, 02:36 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Since the Bengals drafted Palmer less than 33% of the 1st round QB last more than 5 years. Bengals have been very lucky or maybe ML actually knew what he was doing as a coach. 

Only time will tell.

Or maybe other teams recognize when they need a change sooner than our genius front office.

(10-30-2019, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some fans claim our front office never makes any moves, but the last two off seasons have seen us change coaches, signed the leagues leading tackler in free agency, and trade for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

After the 2010 season there was no optimism around here, but in free agency we signed THREE NEW STARTERS that transformed our defense from 24th in scoring to 9th and then in the draft we selected 2 Pro Bowl players with our first two picks (Dalton, Green) and also added a stalwart of our offensive line in the 4th (Boling).

We have done it before so we can do it again.  I choose to be optimistic.  I understand some people prefer being pessimistic, but what I don't understand is the pessimists that make stuff up to feed their pessimism like "Mike NEVER signs any decent free agents!" or "Our front office NEVER drafts any good players." or "Mike Brown NEVER pays offensive linemen."  You guys are entitled to squeal and whimper all you want, but you are not allowed to make up false claims.
All three have had zero impact on the team. League leading tackler who tackles 15 yds down field, 8th highest paid OT who hasn't played a down this year, and no wins from our new coach. Its not moves we need its good moves. Where have you had your head the last 28 yrs?

(10-30-2019, 07:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: At least Mixon had room to run last season. And the team did win 6 games and had 5 games where it started Driskel at QB.

If this coaching staff were better than Marvin's then they should be a at least a 9 win team this year, only they blew that by going 0-8.

If they would win seven they would be better than Marvin? If Marvin was so great why hasn't some other team hired him? 

RE: Are there any optimists left? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 10-31-2019

(10-30-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems the Seattle game and the 1 point loss was the peak of our season. Taylor had showed that he was going to be successful. The Taylor naysayers were put in their place. Better days were coming.

I think they are moving in the right direction.

I'd like them to move quicker (and that's probably more on the Front Office than Coach Taylor) but they are moving in the right direction.

Do you think they should be sticking with Dalton?