Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow (/Thread-First-Take-says-Bengals-will-ruin-Joe-Burrow)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Nicomo Cosca - 01-18-2020

(01-18-2020, 11:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would say we are the worst run franchise in the NFL.  That doesn't mean we're the worst performing, but definitely the worst run.  I don't really see how anyone can argue against that.

Umm...we’re not even the worst in the state.

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Hammerstripes - 01-18-2020

(01-18-2020, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...we’re not even the worst in the state.

I'll disagree with that.  Their owner is worse, but they at least sign free agents and have drafted better than we have.

They have a scouting department, are active in free agency and have built a fairly talented roster.

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Bengalfan4life27c - 01-19-2020

(01-18-2020, 11:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll disagree with that.  Their owner is worse, but they at least sign free agents and have drafted better than we have.

They have a scouting department, are active in free agency and have built a fairly talented roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZHqHzmna0

Are you sure about that?

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Kingslayer - 01-19-2020

I'm just glad that Mike Brown is finally getting trashed by some big names in sports media.

It's about damn time

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Big Boss - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 12:10 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'm just glad that Mike Brown is finally getting trashed by some big names in sports media.

It's about damn time

It wouldn't surprise me if not a single member of the Brown family is aware of it.

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Nicomo Cosca - 01-19-2020

(01-18-2020, 11:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll disagree with that.  Their owner is worse, but they at least sign free agents and have drafted better than we have.

Great. And that has got them one winning season in the last 20 years...

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Go Cards - 01-19-2020

That scouting department drafted how many QB's that failed ? 

But yes after getting draft picks 1,1,15,12,8,6,3 with some extra 1st round picks sprinkled in they should be really good.   

Would have another good pick listed but Browns traded it for OBJ.  

Yet their effort is there. 

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Tomkat - 01-19-2020

(01-15-2020, 11:33 AM)Big Boss Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrS-mF0Xhs

"Cincinnati is gonna hate me."

Yep, definitely sounds like a guy that is totally unwilling to play here.

Are you being serious or sarcastic?
Can you please paraphrase the part where you think he said that? I don't have time to watch a 32 minute video and try to pick that part out.

(01-19-2020, 02:54 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Are you being serious or sarcastic?
Can you please paraphrase the part where you think he said that? I don't have time to watch a 32 minute video and try to pick that part out.

He’s just talking about not liking Skyline. It was a joke.

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Benton - 01-19-2020

(01-18-2020, 12:30 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Carson turned things around in 2005. He had that raw talent. But he didn't put in the game study and fixing his own problems until later in his career. That led to us not making the most of some of the most talented teams we've had in the last 30 years. 

RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - mikey6866 - 01-19-2020

Media has already brainwashed literally everybody that burrow is better than lawrence somehow. The hype is just getting unreal. Everybody knows I prefer tua. Ive already got in many debates about it. The people saying burrow is a better prospect than lawrence based on national championship game are just complete homers in my eyes at this point. I certainly undertand the concerns about tua from the fanbase, but for the people saying they would take burrow over tua healthy just did not watch 2018. Tua has been an elite talent since he stepped on field. Taking burrow over tua is gonna kill me. If burrow becomes the player you all think he is I promise you I will quote my own posts saying what an idiot I am. Im gonna be as pissed as the drew sample pick on draft day. And for the record I dont think burrow will be terrible. I think hes a slightly better version of dalton, while tua will be special. Save this post.

IF Tua is healthy...

IF Lawrence wasn’t only 19...

[Image: thumb_f-onlys-and-justs-were-candies-and...661819.png]

(01-18-2020, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...we’re not even the worst in the state.

Are you saying cleveland is worse? We won 2 games.  I absolutely hate cleveland and I loved when they drafted baker because I just didnt see him being a franchise qb.  Only team I hate more than cleveland is pittsburgh.  But to say they are worse than us is just homer talk.  They arent great but as of right now we are terrible.  We have so many holes its crazy.  We literally need 3 olineman and the "best" hope for our oline improving hasnt even played a snap in nfl yet.  We dont really have any starting caliber lbs on the roster desipte people somehow people feeling that pratt was good the 2nd half.  (he was not) but hes at least still young.  We need a serious upgrade at safety.  Without aj green the offense has struggled mightily and hes a free agent.  He is one of the guys that mike brown will never let go of so I do expect him to be back no matter what.  That will certainly help immensely, and joe mixon is severely underrated.  Joe mixon is an absolute stud despite the shaky start (mainly due to oline).  Chubb was one of rushing leaders so most people will even give cleveland the edge there since they really didnt watch mixon.  Ill stand on the table for mixon against him pretty much any back in league.  He is that talented, why we havent used him nearly enough in passing game is still an absolute mystery to me.  Clevelands roster is clearly ahead of ours at this point.  Maybe if we decided to actually use FA for once we could fill some of these huge holes but that is just wishful thinking.  Ever since mikey got burned on bryant he is just unwilling to make any type of significant moves in fa.  Hopefully all you guys are right about burrow because an elite qb is the only way this team has a chance to compete for a super bowl.

(01-19-2020, 05:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: IF Tua is healthy...

IF Lawrence wasn’t only 19...

[Image: thumb_f-onlys-and-justs-were-candies-and...661819.png]

I never said either of those things.  I say both qbs will be better pros.  No question in my mind.  I said I understand bengals fans questions about tua due to health.  Never once have I said anything about if tua is healthy or lawrences age.  I think they are both better right now.  I wont say that lawrence had a better game than burrow in national championship because he didnt.  It doesnt mean hes not a better qb.  Tannehill has had a better games and better season than brady but in no world would I say tannehill is better qb this year or ever.

(01-19-2020, 05:21 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Are you saying cleveland is worse? We won 2 games.  I absolutely hate cleveland and I loved when they drafted baker because I just didnt see him being a franchise qb.  Only team I hate more than cleveland is pittsburgh.  But to say they are worse than us is just homer talk.  They arent great but as of right now we are terrible.  We have so many holes its crazy.  We literally need 3 olineman and the "best" hope for our oline improving hasnt even played a snap in nfl yet.  We dont really have any starting caliber lbs on the roster desipte people somehow people feeling that pratt was good the 2nd half.  (he was not) but hes at least still young.  We need a serious upgrade at safety.  Without aj green the offense has struggled mightily and hes a free agent.  He is one of the guys that mike brown will never let go of so I do expect him to be back no matter what.  That will certainly help immensely, and joe mixon is severely underrated.  Joe mixon is an absolute stud despite the shaky start (mainly due to oline).  Chubb was one of rushing leaders so most people will even give cleveland the edge there since they really didnt watch mixon.  Ill stand on the table for mixon against him pretty much any back in league.  He is that talented, why we havent used him nearly enough in passing game is still an absolute mystery to me.  Clevelands roster is clearly ahead of ours at this point.  Maybe if we decided to actually use FA for once we could fill some of these huge holes but that is just wishful thinking.  Ever since mikey got burned on bryant he is just unwilling to make any type of significant moves in fa.  Hopefully all you guys are right about burrow because an elite qb is the only way this team has a chance to compete for a super bowl.

First of all, paragraphs are your friend...

Secondly, of course Cleveland is a worse franchise than us. They’ve had one winning season since their return up there. They’ve gone through like 86 HC’s, 37 QB’s, multiple GM’s, etc. At least we’ve had some stability, and were fielding some good teams in the 00’s and 10’s.

We’ve been been mediocre overall, but they’ve been downright terrible. If you’re going solely of this season then yes we were worse, as our record indicates. But going off just this season would mean SF is the most successful franchise in the league and that’s certainly not the case either.

Case keenum had better passer rating than aaron rodgers in 2017 is he a better qb?

(01-19-2020, 05:26 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: I never said either of those things.  I say both qbs will be better pros.  No question in my mind.  I said I understand bengals fans questions about tua due to health.  Never once have I said anything about if tua is healthy or lawrences age. I think they are both better right now.  I wont say that lawrence had a better game than burrow in national championship because he didnt.  It doesnt mean hes not a better qb.  Tannehill has had a better games and better season than brady but in no world would I say tannehill is better qb this year or ever.

LOL ok guy. Good luck selling that one considering he beat both of them.

And yes, at this point Tannehill might be better than the 42 year old Tom Brady.

(01-19-2020, 05:33 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Case keenum had better passer rating than aaron rodgers in 2017 is he a better qb?

Why are you pulling such a random and silly question out of your ass?

(01-19-2020, 05:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all, paragraphs are your friend...

Secondly, of course Cleveland is a worse franchise than us. They’ve had one winning season since their return up there. They’ve gone through like 86 HC’s, 37 QB’s, multiple GM’s, etc. At least we’ve had some stability, and were fielding some good teams in the 00’s and 10’s.

We’ve been been mediocre overall, but they’ve been downright terrible. If you’re going solely of this season then yes we were worse, as our record indicates. But going off just this season would mean SF is the most successful franchise in the league and that’s certainly not the case either.

If you want to talk historically cleveland has been much more sucessful based on their championships under paul brown.  I wasnt arguing that over the last 10 years we werent better.  I was clearly talking about currently which is all that really matters.  Im typing on my phone so I dont care about paragraphs.  Im about 99 percent sure you are the fella that was trying to tell me billy price was better than ragnow because I was disappointed detroit took him right before us.  Once billy price became a bengal I was really rooting for him and supported him like I will with burrow because im a bengal fan.  Anybody can cherry pick what they want to try and make their point.  I mean you said in the other thread joe burrow had a pretty good 2018.  You just havent decided to face reality yet

(01-19-2020, 05:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL ok guy. Good luck selling that one considering he beat both of them.

And yes, at this point Tannehill might be better than the 42 year old Tom Brady.

Have you ever played football?  Football is the ultimate team sport.  Brady is the best qb of all time so why has he lost games?  Lsu was without a doubt the best TEAM in the nation.  Joe burrow didnt do that by himself.  By this logic every great qb should be undefeated.

Here is a new paragragh for you.  Tannehill is not and never will be as good as brady.  Thats just a crazy statement.  Next thing your gonna tell me is dilfer is better than marino cause he got a ring.