Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up (/Thread-Yes-The-Bengals-will-draft-Burrow-but-there-are-other-things-they-could-mess-up)

Pages: 1 2

Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - WeezyBengal - 01-16-2020

I don't think even the Bengals are stupid enough to NOT draft Joe Burrow - but I do think there are other things they could screw up.

I think they could mess up by NOT trading Andy Dalton before the draft or not trade him at all. I also think they could screw up by NOT having Joe Burrow play his rookie year and having him sit a year behind Dalton or someone else. They have already had a success case by doing it with Palmer. That's not how the NFL works anymore though with how rookie contracts are.

Burrow will be the pick - but just knowing how the Bengals operate I can see them screwing this up some other way.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 10:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think even the Bengals are stupid enough to NOT draft Joe Burrow - but I do think there are other things they could screw up.

I think they could mess up by NOT trading Andy Dalton before the draft or not trade him at all. I also think they could screw up by NOT having Joe Burrow play his rookie year and having him sit a year behind Dalton or someone else. They have already had a success case by doing it with Palmer. That's not how the NFL works anymore though with how rookie contracts are.

Burrow will be the pick - but just knowing how the Bengals operate I can see them screwing this up some other way.

I don't let things like this worry me: I just sit back and see how things turn out. I could be 2011 again or it could be 2015 again; we won't know until the end of next season at the absolute earliest.

(I agree that if Burrow is drafted, Any should be moved, but who knows if it really will have a negative effect? We'll see...)

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - PV Bengal - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 10:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think even the Bengals are stupid enough to NOT draft Joe Burrow - but I do think there are other things they could screw up.

The Bengals could screw up a wet dream.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Interceptor - 01-16-2020

Beginning of the 2020 season:

Wait. We only have 4 offensive lineman on the roster? What? All rosters combined?

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Nicomo Cosca - 01-16-2020

Oh good...I didn’t think there was enough threads to focus on negativity and worrying. Thank you so much for starting one!

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - higgy100 - 01-16-2020

Look, if this OL doesn't get better significantly then it would be a good idea to let AD be the QB and let JB explore for a season but, again, it's the Bungles so to expect the correct moves on the OL isn't near a guarantee...

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - EastCoastBengal - 01-16-2020

Overweight, possibly i_br3d, and disgraced son of the Great Paul Brown will **** this up. I know it. I hope someone in the Bengals organization sees how much I hate this guy. (Ban me from the stadium you morons, I live states away so you ain't getting my gate money anyway.)

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - XenoMorph - 01-16-2020

i think if dalton cant be traded before free agency he will be released as there is no dead cap money on his deal and i dont think the bengals will do him dirty

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - XenoMorph - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 12:08 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Overweight, possibly i_br3d, and disgraced son of the Great Paul Brown will **** this up. I know it. I hope someone in the Bengals organization sees how much I hate this guy. (Ban me from the stadium you morons, I live states away so you ain't getting my gate money anyway.)

hating mike brown doesnt make you cool...  

Infact calling him inbred is a direct insult on his father the legendary paul brown....  So if anything you should just ban yourself from talking.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - EastCoastBengal - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 12:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hating mike brown doesnt make you cool...  

Infact calling him inbred is a direct insult on his father the legendary paul brown....  So if anything you should just ban yourself from talking.

Was waiting to find Mike Brown's account. Hey buddy, you are the worst owner in the NFL. How about you sell your team and enjoy Tijuana for the last decade of your life.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Au165 - 01-16-2020

Dalton is going to bring a 4th most likely (Not the fantasy some people have of a 1 or 2), I don't see some massive mistake if they don't trade him or if they eventually just release him. Joe Burrow will play his rookie year, all indications are the Palmer sitting thing was a Marvin idea not a Mike idea.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - lone bengal - 01-16-2020

The Bengals would be idiots to keep Dalton. Getting rid of Dalton and Glenn is a no brainer and should free up a bunch of cap space. Now what they do with that money is where I start to worry. This roster has so many holes they can’t all be addressed with 7 picks. They have no excuse to not sign a quality free agent lineman or linebacker this offseason. My number one priority would be building the offensive line and protecting Burrow.

(01-16-2020, 12:22 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The Bengals would be idiots to keep Dalton. Getting rid of Dalton and Glenn is a no brainer and should free up a bunch of cap space. Now what they do with that money is where I start to worry. This roster has so many holes they can’t all be addressed with 7 picks. They have no excuse to not sign a quality free agent lineman or linebacker this offseason. My number one priority would be building the offensive line and protecting Burrow.

Need to protect Joe at all cost, get picks from Andy and get some guys who are willing to protect. Eagles got a good tackle on the roster that should start but doesn't.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - sandwedge - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh good...I didn’t think there was enough threads to focus on negativity and worrying. Thank you so much for starting one!

It's pretty sad

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Gdale_Bengal - 01-16-2020

Andy is going to get 18 million next year and the fanbase is going to demand burrow start real early. MIKE isnt going to pay him go sit on a bench for very long. If he doesnt trade Dalton, he is an idiot but I wouldn't blink if he didnt

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - depthchart - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 12:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Andy is going to get 18 million next year and the fanbase is going to demand burrow start real early. MIKE isnt going to pay him go sit on a bench for very long. If he doesnt trade Dalton, he is an idiot but I wouldn't blink if he didn't

Plus, the Bengals had no problem starting rookie Ryan Finley last season once the team was losing.

I would expect that Zac would want to give all of his attention and the snaps to Burrow before the season begins.

I really don't think Dalton will be here.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Gdale_Bengal - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 01:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: Plus, the Bengals had no problem starting rookie Ryan Finley last season once the team was losing.

I would expect that Zac would want to give all of his attention and the snaps to Burrow before the season begins.

I really don't think Dalton will be here.

I really dont think he will be either so I'm not too worried. I'd love to hear the phone calls in trade talks for him though

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Bengalholic - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 12:08 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Overweight, possibly i_br3d, and disgraced son of the Great Paul Brown will **** this up. I know it. I hope someone in the Bengals organization sees how much I hate this guy. (Ban me from the stadium you morons, I live states away so you ain't getting my gate money anyway.)

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Derogatory-Disparaging-terms-names-remarks

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Luvnit2 - 01-16-2020

Trump Derangement Syndrome is very real.

Dalton Derangement Syndrome is very real in this forum as well.

I hope we trade AD and get some value and dump his salary, but am smart enough to realize is by some small chance we have a shot at the playoffs in December, Ryan Finley stepping in for an injured Burrow likely kills our shot. We need a solid back up whether it is AD or another vet helping the rookie.

RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - jason - 01-16-2020

Zac Taylor thought it was a good idea to bench Dalton for Ryan Finley.... There's no way in hell Joe Burrow sits for a year.