Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - Nately120 - 03-12-2020

(03-12-2020, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just cypher through and find the truth.

It isn't hard in these times. When someone lies and it is proven a lie, you say hey, quit lying to me...

When someone lies to you time and time again, you turn to someone who has told you the proven truth, do you not?

Ehh, the concept of truth is completely subjective.  The truth to someone is quite often what he wants to hear.  We seek out "truths" that fit our own established schema.  Plus, I'm no pathologist, but I would postulate that even thinking you know the actual real-life objective truth about a disease that has been around for mere months is impossible.

Who is speaking the truth about the corona virus in your opinion?

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2020

(03-12-2020, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, the concept of truth is completely subjective.  The truth to someone is quite often what he wants to hear.  We seek out "truths" that fit our own established schema.  Plus, I'm no pathologist, but I would postulate that even thinking you know the actual real-life objective truth about a disease that has been around for mere months is impossible.

Who is speaking the truth about the corona virus in your opinion?

NOT THE MEDIA. Mellow

(03-12-2020, 10:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: NOT THE MEDIA. Mellow

So where?  The media is TV, newspapers (do those still exist?), the internet, and so on and so forth.  You also need to realize that the media has been brainwashing people for generations.  Jaws is a movie, everyone knows it is fake, it is 45 years old, and yet despite it being old and 100% guaranteed to be not real it has done more to shape our society's views on sharks than all the ichthyologists combined.

How about action movies?  How many people can picture themselves disarming or fighting off "bad guys" using karate moves and wicked gunplay they don't actually have or know?

Our society wouldn't know reality if it bit us in the arse and that's how we like it, dagnabbit!

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-12-2020

(03-12-2020, 10:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: NOT THE MEDIA. Mellow

Translation:

"I'm too embarrassed to tell you"

Well, reading this thread, I now know who listens to Limbaugh and Hannity on the radio.

Please. I'm just an average, everyday ol' regular person.

If I'm not going to get news from the media, please tell me where the REAL news is. I'm tired of being out of the loop unlike you enlightened few. Please guide me to your ways of thinking. You might just get another voter for your cause. You constantly say you don't want to talk about politics and then won't shut up about right wing talking poin . . . I mean politics. Constantly bash the media while not revealing the source of your propgan . . . I mean REAL news seems kind of unfair

Anyway, quitting my second job at the University library due to too much contact with the public. 52, with lungs that have been diagnosed as "pre-asthmatic" and "nearly asthmatic" in pretty much every visit to a doctor since I was 12 and I'm also taking care of my Mom who is going through chemo for lung cancer. While typing this out, the first case in Alaska was announced

I'll believe the reports coming from my German family, their Doctors and their government over some political radio hosts in an election year. Expecting truth out of our White House right now is not possible. Now if you want to go back to playing "Fox News Bingo", be my guest.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-12-2020

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2020

(03-12-2020, 10:33 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Translation:

"I'm too embarrassed to tell you"

Well, reading this thread, I now know who listens to Limbaugh and Hannity on the radio.

Please. I'm just an average, everyday ol' regular person.

If I'm not going to get news from the media, please tell me where the REAL news is. I'm tired of being out of the loop unlike you enlightened few. Please guide me to your ways of thinking. You might just get another voter for your cause. You constantly say you don't want to talk about politics and then won't shut up about right wing talking poin . . . I mean politics. Constantly bash the media while not revealing the source of your propgan . . . I mean REAL news seems kind of unfair

Anyway, quitting my second job at the University library due to too much contact with the public. 52, with lungs that have been diagnosed as "pre-asthmatic" and "nearly asthmatic" in pretty much every visit to a doctor since I was 12 and I'm also taking care of my Mom who is going through chemo for lung cancer. While typing this out, the first case in Alaska was announced

I'll believe the reports coming from my German family, their Doctors and their government over some political radio hosts in an election year. Expecting truth out of our White House right now is not possible. Now if you want to go back to playing "Fox News Bingo", be my guest.

Sorry for what you are going through.

But don't cry to me, we are all going through shit FFS

Again, if you cannot see when the blatant truth is right in front of your eyes you never will. I hope you do and pray for you to.

I question everything put on me, every damn thing. Yet you question Rush and Hannity who actually I question every damn thing 
they say. I listen and learn and always will till the day I die. I question Fox news every time I hear them. The media is out of hand
and it is clear. You pick your side, I pick mine. In the end it is about the people and I will pray for them as I will you.

(03-12-2020, 10:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Again, if you cannot see when the blatant truth is right in front of your eyes you never will. I hope you do and pray for you to.

The Trump administration is cancelling events and travel and citing the coronavirus as the reason.  Are we going to just assume the Trump administration is drinking the leftwing media kool aid and trying to make Trump look bad? What would be a bigger middle finger to all this left-wing panic than Trump and a giant crowd of his followers fearlessly breathing all over each other in a confined space?

I'm not even trying to take the wind out of the sails of any right wingers here, I just find the notion that all this stuff is happening because of media hype to be hard to swallow.  Then again, the best case scenario is that everyone is overreacting so hope for the best but prepare for the worst, right?

Again . . . he won't say where he gets his news.

I'd probably be embarrassed by your selective news choices, also.

(03-12-2020, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Trump administration is cancelling events and travel and citing the coronavirus as the reason.  Are we going to just assume the Trump administration is drinking the leftwing media kool aid and trying to make Trump look bad?  What would be a bigger middle finger to all this left-wing panic than Trump and a giant crowd of his followers fearlessly breathing all over each other in a confined space?

I'm not even trying to take the wind out of the sails of any right wingers here, I just find the notion that all this stuff is happening because of media hype to be hard to swallow.  Then again, the best case scenario is that everyone is overreacting so hope for the best but prepare for the worst, right?

Don't be a Fred and take one sentence out of one of my posts and try and make some half assed point please?

I would never be so cowardly to do the same to you. I respect your ass, but less now.

(03-12-2020, 10:50 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Again . . . he won't say where he gets his news.

I'd probably be embarrassed by your selective news choices, also.

Get my news from God above, probably offends you doesn't it?

Liked you too before it got political, sucks.

(03-12-2020, 10:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't be a Fred and take one sentence out of one of my posts and try and make some half assed point please?

I would never be so cowardly to do the same to you. I respect your ass, but less now.

You are hung up on this concept of truth and the notion that you are seeing the truth in this situation.  I'm saying that I don't see how anyone can know the truth about a disease that has only recently been discovered and is being handled for the first time.

I'm saying that saying you know or see the truth in this case is an exceedingly bold, if not impossible statement to make.

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - seahawkscheat - 03-12-2020

I still like gstrings better then thongs

(03-12-2020, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Get my news from God above, probably offends you doesn't it?

Welp, that'll get 'er locked I reckcon!

RE: Corona Thread (Serious Discussion) - Big Boss - 03-12-2020

[Image: WarpedWarmheartedDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif]

(03-12-2020, 10:55 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I still like gstrings better then thongs

I think I've pointed out before how interesting it is that you have an avatar for a hockey team in LA and your user name is a shot at a team that is in the NFC and over 2000 miles from Cincy.  You sir are a mystery.

RE: Coronavirus - Nately120 - 03-12-2020

I've been futzing around in the coronavirus thread in jungle noise for some reason...what did I miss?

(03-12-2020, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Get my news from God above, probably offends you doesn't it?

It doesn't offend me, just tells me you're a bullshitter.

It didn't get political until you came in throwing bait in post #4 and #13. Go back and look. You've been in this thread all day talking politics.

(03-12-2020, 10:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You are hung up on this concept of truth and the notion that you are seeing the truth in this situation.  I'm saying that I don't see how anyone can know the truth about a disease that has only recently been discovered and is being handled for the first time.

I'm saying that saying you know or see the truth in this case is an exceedingly bold, if not impossible statement to make.

Yee have little faith.

(03-12-2020, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Welp, that'll get 'er locked I reckcon!

Well at least you know where I am coming from. Your origins still astound me haha

Its all good.

(03-12-2020, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think I've pointed out before how interesting it is that you have an avatar for a hockey team in LA and your user name is a shot at a team that is in the NFC and over 2000 miles from Cincy.  You sir are a mystery.

You should see his Mock draft...

(03-12-2020, 11:04 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It doesn't offend me, just tells me you're a bullshitter.

It didn't get political until you came in throwing bait in post #4 and #13. Go back and look. You've been in this thread all day talking politics.

Doesn't mean I am a bullshitter. You just disagree.

I gave a post to you saying how I was sorry for what you are going through and you post this?

This is what runs people away from you...

You say God gives you your news, I say you're full of shit. Your proof is your belief. Good luck with that.

You said sorry for what I'm going through . . . then in your next sentence said don't come crying to me.

Sorry I didn't praise you for your kindness as you completely missed the point.