Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - jj22 - 03-13-2020

Key parts of emergency delcaration:

- Waive telehealth laws

- Ability to waive hospital bed and stay requirements

- Expedite FDA review of coronavirus tests — Trump says more tests will be available early next week

- Drive-thru tests available in critical locations

RE: Coronavirus - Arturo Bandini - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 02:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are sending a check to all the businesses to cover their losses?

They will while delaying tax payment for little businesses.

RE: Coronavirus - Arturo Bandini - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 02:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, here in the US we don’t get your five weeks of paid vacation. We can’t even get two weeks of paid sick leave to prevent the spread of the corona virus. So working people who are sick can’t afford to stay home as recommended thus putting others at risk.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e691016c5b68d61645ebff9?guccounter=1

That's the problem. 

And if they can't afford to be tested they won't go too. 

It's just the start. In one or two months it will be thousands of people infected every day. 

RE: Coronavirus - Yojimbo - 03-13-2020

Looks like Ohio is getting hit hard:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

RE: Coronavirus - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 03-13-2020

(03-12-2020, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, exactly. This is being overblown by the media. Is it serious? Of course it is, especially for the old people who smoke.

But the media has been trying to spread a panic, I think many should be ashamed of themselves.

Especially the experts who go on TV and say that the mortality rate is 10 times worse then the flu, blatant lies.

Flu kills about 0.1%.

Covid-19 seems to be killing at around 1-2%.

RE: Coronavirus - George Cantstandya - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 04:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Good to see that they're getting smart.

Up here, the schools will be off for two weeks, after our March Break next week.

Both good and bad; good because it will curb the spread tremendously, bad because my wife may not get paid for 3 whole weeks and we will NOT be able to make our bill, property tax and mortgage payments on my salary alone (we could, but then no fuel for cars and no food for us to eat).

Wish Canada would adopt one of the European, "models," of dealing with the closure of things...

The schools where I live have already closed for the next few weeks.  They are going to online education.  I'm sorry to hear about your income concerns.  I hope that most lending institutions will adopt some form of grace period due to the current circumstances and the amount of people that may be without work.  

"I don't take responsibility at all" - @realDonaldTrump

It's sad some people think this is leadership.

Also Trump:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 8 Nov 2013
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-13-2020

Virtually everything cancelled in our district for the foreseeable future.

Ten days with only online schooling.

Hope everything gets calmed down by mid-April.

RE: Coronavirus - Bengalzona - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 04:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not interested in the political stuff in this thread.  But since the thread appears to have moved from Jungle Noise to here I'll mention this.  I went to my usual appointment at the VA today that occurs every two weeks .  They told me that at least my next appointment and maybe more will be done via online video chat.  They were handing out flyers on how to set that up with the VA Telehealth system.  Not that I mind, I'd rather not spend time in a waiting room full of people that might be sick anyway.  They told me it is mostly to contain and reduce chances of exposure for both patients and providers and that makes sense to me.  I'm glad that the system is in place.

The two most simple and effective ways for a society to combat a pandemic virus: good personal cleanliness habits and avoiding/reducing situations where people are in close contact other people. And, surprisingly enough, most all of us seem to know these things already. It is called fear and, like pain, it tends to save more lives than it kills.

RE: Coronavirus - Bengalzona - 03-13-2020

[Image: 90118253_10107585924144210_3907384465046...e=5E8FD045]

What leadership.   Mellow

RE: Coronavirus - CKwi88 - 03-13-2020

The courts here aren't shutting down, but we are going to an extraordinarily light caseload for at least the next two weeks. This is one of the reasons I decided to stay in the public sector. I'm one of the lucky ones that wont lose my pay. But there is a ton of collateral damage here.

The typical group to talk about is parents that now need to scramble for childcare, food assistance etc. But I was talking to a private attorney who now has no idea where his money is going to come from over the next couple of weeks. Not really crying for him, but this stuff affects just about everyone on every level.

But hey, two week staycation at work.

(03-13-2020, 07:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The courts here aren't shutting down, but we are going to an extraordinarily light caseload for at least the next two weeks. This is one of the reasons I decided to stay in the public sector. I'm one of the lucky ones that wont lose my pay. But there is a ton of collateral damage here.

The typical group to talk about is parents that now need to scramble for childcare, food assistance etc. But I was talking to a private attorney who now has no idea where his money is going to come from over the next couple of weeks. Not really crying for him, but this stuff affects just about everyone on every level.

But hey, two week staycation at work.

I don't know if it was here or on Facebook but I said that this virus has helped highlight MANY of the problems we have in the US from inadequate healthcare for most people, to the people living paycheck to paycheck with no hope.  Two parents working and no day care.  No paid time off.

Maybe this will help us learn to beter to each other?

Pelosi made a deal with the WH (like DJT has a choice) but nothing can get through until McConnell gets back from a three day weekend.  He needs his rest I guess.

RE: Coronavirus - CKwi88 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 07:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know if it was here or on Facebook but I said that this virus has helped highlight MANY of the problems we have in the US from inadequate healthcare for most people, to the people living paycheck to paycheck with no hope.  Two parents working and no day care.  No paid time off.

Maybe this will help us learn to beter to each other?

Until Democrats have a supermajority in both houses and the presidency, I doubt it. It's a lot simpler, and cheaper, to simply say "stop being poor".

Edit: that's not meant to imply I expect said supermajorities. Things will largely stay the same.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-14-2020

So is DJT lying (again) or clueless (again) about what happens in his administration?

Pick your poison.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-14-2020

Can anyone imagine trying to get Trump to listen long enough to even begin to understand anything beyond the barest of surface information?

RE: Coronavirus - Dill - 03-14-2020

(03-13-2020, 06:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 90118253_10107585924144210_3907384465046...e=5E8FD045]

Would be great to have a second column to the right of statements by medical professionals contradicting the president every step of the way.