Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - Dill - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: He actually took the time to tweet this.

Yes and I see Elizabeth Warren complaining that the 1.5 billion bail out and tax cuts will directly benefit the corporations now firing people--and businesses like the president's own Mar a Lago. Gov. Cuomo and others on the MSM are complaining that instead of coordinating the distributing of medical supplies, the Federal government is competing against states.

The Exec needs extra-judicial emergency detainment powers right now or this kind thing will spread faster than the virus. 

That should be Trump's immediate focus.

RE: Coronavirus - michaelsean - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: They still want that Matt.  They are still flooding social media with Trump2020 and the Democrats are blocking bills to help.

Anyway, I post the other day about my daughter.  She seemed to be okay all weekend but woke up this morning with trouble breathing.  She is going to a test site if she can't get a script from her doctor (she called in this morning).

She was a preemie (3 months early) and while minimal to say the least she had lung problems then that comes with that.  She has mild asthma and has had bronchitis and pneumonia in the past.  Also she can be a bit of a hypochondriac...lol...but it is best she get tested obviously.

Because of that *I* am quarantining...at least for today.  I told my boss that I was with her the first day she got sick (she didn't have a fever that day...doesn't seem to have one now either) and I feel fine but we both thought it best to give it a day at least and see.

But this cascades:  My wife works at a foodbank.  She helps take care of her 74 year stepdad with stage 4 cancer.  My daughter lives above her step grandfather with her husband who is in the National Guard.  So many people can be affected by ONE person.

[Image: giphy.gif]

And here is the bigger issue: even if they let us all go back to work in a month this virus will still be out there with no cure and no vaccine. Anyone of us can get it at anytime until they get the vaccine in a year or more.

Time to close the entire country for two weeks or a month, limit the spread and deal with it from there.

It's a once in a century event. No one is prepared. We're going to have to suffer and hope that when the history books are written they are kind to us for how we handled it.

I don't see how that changes anything.  It just puts it off for a month.   

(03-23-2020, 11:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Yes and I see Elizabeth Warren complaining that the 1.5 billion bail out and tax cuts will directly benefit the corporations now firing people--and businesses like the president's own Mar a Lago.  Gov. Cuomo and others on the MSM are complaining that instead of coordinating the distributing of medical supplies, the Federal government is competing against states.

The Exec needs extra-judicial emergency detainment powers right now or this kind thing will spread faster than the virus. 

That should be Trump's immediate focus.

We do need to help out businesses or there won't be any jobs to come back to.  I would start with small businesses, and let's not forget that a lot of national restaurants are actually franchises.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't see how that changes anything.  It just puts it off for a month.   

It allows the hospitals and people working on medicines and vaccines time.

Three months?  Six?

Make it a year and it might stop it altogether.  Want that?

A month would severely limit the spread.  But we don't have the guts as a nation to do it.  Elected officials wouldn't dare suggest it and too many would go all "sovereign citizen" to protes it.

A gun shop in PA sued the governor saying his directive for all non-essential business to close violated his second amendment rights.  Mellow

Like I heard on the radio last week, we are doing hal-measures and getting half results.

He's going to go against whatever the doctors and scientists say to try and save the "market" purely to save his ass politically.

That's it.

He doesn't care if you die as long as he can say the economy is good.

RE: Coronavirus - BmorePat87 - 03-23-2020

Republicans wanted Mnuchin to be able to hide which businesses were receiving how much from this relief package for up to 6 months. With a 60 day FOIA deadline, that means the administration could keep it hidden until the election was over.

Bernie Sanders was the only Senator not self-isolated to miss the Covid-19 procedural vote yesterday. He instead flew 500 miles to VT to live stream with the Gang.

This is the same man who responded to questions about his campaign by saying "I am dealing with a f***ing global crisis"... except he wasn't present to negotiate or vote on the bill because he was home holding a virtual campaign event...

He was the 2nd most absent Senator last year (absent for nearly 63% of votes) and is the most absent right now (60% missed).

(03-23-2020, 01:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Republicans wanted Mnuchin to be able to hide which businesses were receiving how much from this relief package for up to 6 months. With a 60 day FOIA deadline, that means the administration could keep it hidden until the election was over.

Is there an online version of that so I share it?

RE: Coronavirus - Belsnickel - 03-23-2020

I didn't need another reason to dislike this dude, but I have a new one.

(03-23-2020, 01:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is there an online version of that so I share it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/23/why-we-cant-trust-trump-big-bailout-slush-fund/

non-paywall story:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/virus-relief-bill-would-let-steve-mnuchin-hand-out-500-billion-slush-fund-to-secret-recipients-report/

(03-23-2020, 02:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't need another reason to dislike this dude, but I have a new one.

The whole thread on that tweet is good. 

(03-23-2020, 02:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't need another reason to dislike this dude, but I have a new one.

Until the whole thing with Hobby Lobby and that religious freedom thing happened, I had never heard of them.  When I see how big they are, I don't know how that was possible.

(03-23-2020, 02:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Until the whole thing with Hobby Lobby and that religious freedom thing happened, I had never heard of them.  When I see how big they are, I don't know how that was possible.

It was the same for me. Now we have one in my town; though I've never stepped foot in it.

Im sure I missed it, but does anyone know what say Governor DeWine is looking for where he would give the go ahead for people to go back to work? Is it cases going down? Is it a certain amount of people are already infected so now we know we won’t overwhelm hospitals? I just don’t know what success is supposed to look like. And when I say success I mean people can go back to work.

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-23-2020

The ******* in Chief is on TV right now repeating the BS he heard on Fox News last night.

RE: Coronavirus - Vas Deferens - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 07:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The ******* in Chief is on TV right now repeating the BS he heard on Fox News last night.

Debbie does not look well.

RE: Coronavirus - Vas Deferens - 03-23-2020

Shit you not. The number of times Debbie and Richard have touched their faces. UNBELIEVABLE. They REALLY do not look good.

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 07:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Im sure I missed it, but does anyone know what say Governor DeWine is looking for where he would give the go ahead for people to go back to work? Is it cases going down? Is it a certain amount of people are already infected so now we know we won’t overwhelm hospitals? I just don’t know what success is supposed to look like. And when I say success I mean people can go back to work.

You’ve already mentioned it. Flattening the curve.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0995-f1

Check out the graph. Social distancing reduces the number of people sick at one time so our healthcare system can keep pace, but the cases are spread out over a longer period of time. People who recover should gain immunity so they won’t get sick a second time which reduces the number of people who could potentially get sick. When the incidence and prevalence begin to decrease then you have it under control.

Think of it as a prescribed fire or a controlled burn versus a wild fire out of control. Each type of fire reduces the potential fuel for the fire, but the former fire is manageable and the latter isn’t.