Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - fredtoast - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This situation is evolving daily, but you call adjusting your stance on matters "flailing". I think that's a great example of what Crenshaw was talking about in the interview. 

Actually the situation did not evolve at all.  He was never the one who had the "absolute authority" regarding when we reopen the economy.

Saying something completely false and then reversing your position when people show that you are wrong is more "flailing" than "readjusting your stance".  It had nothing to do with the issue "evolving".  It was just Trump being stupid and not having a clue what he was talking about.

RE: Coronavirus - bfine32 - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 06:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think he is flailing because he doesn't know what to do and doesn't understand how the government works, not because he "adjusts his stance" once he has been told he was wrong.

If you want to defend his poor leadership, fine. Just don't get sanctimonious about people having biases when your's shine so brightly.

As I said in my original I'll leave it up the poster to determine if this has brought out the best or worst in them. If standing behind the Nation is being "sanctimonious"in your book, so be it. 

My Governor is a Dem but I applaud his efforts. Many think he's going too far, but I feel he's doing what he feels is best. There's losts of folks suffering and there's an equal amount of folks trying to gain political points on their suffering. 

(04-23-2020, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What a clown.  He tries to defend Trump by saying "The American people would not have gone along with earlier lock down when there were only 102 case." when the main reason the people would not have gone for it was because Trump was telling them not to.

Then he tries to claim the Trumps ignoring scientific advice was just him being "positive" and then says "That is the way we want our SEAL leaders to be."  What a load of bullshit.  SEAL leaders are NOT trained to ignore expert advice and lie just to be "positive."  There is a huge difference between being "calm" (calm breeds calm) and ignoring expert advice and tell lies.

He complains about Pelosi not putting a Coronavirus emergency fund up for vote in early February, but at that time all the Republicans in congress were siding with Trump that it was "no big deal" so it was not Pelosi keeping them from taking action.

What one decision did Trump say that put one person in jeopardy? 

Was it being Xenophobic for the China Travel Ban?

If Biden wins (stops self from laughing) and this would have happened in 2021 it'd be much worse because

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump's positions have changed by the hour on some things, which includes his deference to governors. When he caught flak for trying to say he was the one with "absolute power" to make the determination about reopening the economy, he reversed course. He's just flailing.

And his pushing of a drug that has been shown to not help at all.

But his uncle was very smart so maybe Trump is something, something.

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems the updates I listen to Trump says he defers to Governors; perhaps, I missed all this "undermining". As to the whole situation; I view it a lot like Dan Crenshaw. He's be a good replacement for Trump in 2024:

Michigan is 7th in Covid-19 cases and 6ths in deaths related to Covid-19.  Georgia is 13th in Covid-19 cases and 15th in deaths related to Covid-19.  Michigan's governor hasn't lifted their shelter in place order while Georgia's governor has started to ease restrictions.  Trump has urged the Michigan governor to ease the lock down restrictions while telling the Georgia governor he disagrees with him easing lock down restrictions this week.  Despite the state of Michigan being hit harder by the coronavirus than Georgia.  Trump's advice completely flies in the face of the data.

If you don't understand how his comments undermine what both governors are trying to do in their respective states then you probably don't understand the importance of testing for disease surveillance so we can end the lock downs.

(04-22-2020, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Through all of this I've never really understood the obsession with testing; unless we plan on putting everyone who comes up negative under a bubble.

Oh, yeah . . . what are the odds?

But, I really don't think you believe either of those comments because you're like the Skip Bayless of PNR.  You just write crap you don't believe just to have crap to argue about.

RE: Coronavirus - Belsnickel - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What one decision did Trump say that put one person in jeopardy? 

Dismantling the pandemic response team. Pulling the CDC official from inside China's health ministry. Decreasing the U.S. health staffers in China after being warned that a lab was working with this virus in a risky way because they lacked resources.

That's just before this happened. After that played political favorites with resources going to the different states giving some far less than they asked for and needed with a delayed timeline while speeding up the response to others and giving them more than they asked for.

(04-23-2020, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said in my original I'll leave it up the poster to determine if this has brought out the best or worst in them. If standing behind the Nation is being "sanctimonious"in your book, so be it. 

The most patriotic thing to do is criticize your government when it is messing up. That's what I am doing. I am standing behind the nation by pointing out that this is being handled poorly.

RE: Coronavirus - HarleyDog - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The most patriotic thing to do is criticize your government when it is messing up. That's what I am doing. I am standing behind the nation by pointing out that this is being handled poorly.

Your fair. When Trump does something right, you do give him credit other than just finding a way to twist it in a leftist fashion and make it bad, bad, bad. That's refreshing. 

(04-23-2020, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What one decision did Trump say that put one person in jeopardy? 

Was it being Xenophobic for the China Travel Ban?

If Biden wins (stops self from laughing) and this would have happened in 2021 it'd be much worse because

Ignored the WHO's advice to mitigate the spread of disease issued 1/31/2020 until mid-March.  Just one example.

Relied exclusively on a faulty CDC test instead contracting with commercial tests until mid-March.  Just two examples.

Disbanding the NSC's Pandemic Response Team responsible for coordinating a federal response and eliminating CDC positions within China to monitor emerging diseases?  Just three and four examples.

Pushing an unproven drug combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin against medical advice with can result in fatal arrhythmias.  Example five.

Putting people in charge of positions of importance with little to no experience or credentials because they married his daughter or contributed to his campaign.  Example six.

(04-23-2020, 07:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Michigan is 7th in Covid-19 cases and 6ths in deaths related to Covid-19.  Georgia is 13th in Covid-19 cases and 15th in deaths related to Covid-19.  Michigan's governor hasn't lifted their shelter in place order while Georgia's governor has started to ease restrictions.  Trump has urged the Michigan governor to ease the lock down restrictions while telling the Georgia governor he disagrees with him easing lock down restrictions this week.  Despite the state of Michigan being hit harder by the coronavirus than Georgia.  Trump's advice completely flies in the face of the data.

If you don't understand how his comments undermine what both governors are trying to do in their respective states then you probably don't understand the importance of testing for disease surveillance so we can end the lock downs.

But, I really don't think you believe either of those comments because you're like the Skip Bayless of PNR.  You just write crap you don't believe just to have crap to argue about.

Unsure why the insult; I'm no medical expert. It's why I asked the importance of testing. Folks gave their reasoning. 

As I've said: I've never seen Trump undermine any Governor. I've constantly seen him give his opinion and it often differs with local officials, but he always says I defer to the local official; they know what's best for their state. 

(04-23-2020, 07:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Dismantling the pandemic response team. Pulling the CDC official from inside China's health ministry. Decreasing the U.S. health staffers in China after being warned that a lab was working with this virus in a risky way because they lacked resources.

That's just before this happened. After that played political favorites with resources going to the different states giving some far less than they asked for and needed with a delayed timeline while speeding up the response to others and giving them more than they asked for.

Well I though most knew the question was directed to response to the pandemic. My apologies if you didn't get that. 

(04-23-2020, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I though most knew the question was directed to response to the pandemic. My apologies if you didn't get that. 

Did you miss the second part of the post?

RE: Coronavirus - HarleyDog - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure why the insult; I'm no medical expert. It's why I asked the importance of testing. Folks gave their reasoning. 

As I've said: I've never seen Trump undermine any Governor. I've constantly seen him give his opinion and it often differs with local officials, but he always says I defer to the local official; they know what's best for their state. 

Insult first, seek facts later, or not even bother with facts. Since many of the stations don't even carry the POTUS when he speaks, some just go by what CNN said their interpretation of what he said as truth. So before someone replies to this post, I'll go with the normal quote ending. I am right, right? Geez. 

Maybe some $13 a pint ice cream will make me feel better.

(04-23-2020, 07:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ignored the WHO's advice to mitigate the spread of disease issued 1/31/2020 until mid-March.  Just one example.

Relied exclusively on a faulty CDC test instead contracting with commercial tests until mid-March.  Just two examples.

Disbanding the NSC's Pandemic Response Team responsible for coordinating a federal response and eliminating CDC positions within China to monitor emerging diseases?  Just three and four examples.

Pushing an unproven drug combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin against medical advice with can result in fatal arrhythmias.  Example five.

Putting people in charge of positions of importance with little to no experience or credentials because they married his daughter or contributed to his campaign.  Example six.

Yeah, I've heard mixed responses on the WHO's advice. Is it your recommendation to follow everything they say?

Following CDC is bad, questioning WHO is also bad.. did I get your position right?

See response to Matt

Not sure of the act associated with him saying "he's seen some goo things" Did me mandate folks to use it and I missed that?

Yeah, that one's quite generic. I find his team to combat this to be well qualified.  

(04-23-2020, 07:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did you miss the second part of the post?

I didn't miss it. I just didn't think California's and New York's leaders were his personal favorites. 

(04-23-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure why the insult; I'm no medical expert. It's why I asked the importance of testing. Folks gave their reasoning. 

No, you didn't ask.

Quote:As I've said: I've never seen Trump undermine any Governor. I've constantly seen him give his opinion and it often differs with local officials, but he always says I defer to the local official; they know what's best for their state. 

I just explained how he did, so now you have.

(04-23-2020, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't miss it. I just didn't think California's and New York's leaders were his personal favorites. 

I was thinking more like how Florida got their stuff in an expedited fashion and at over 100% of their request while, say Colorado got enough supplies to last maybe a day.

(04-23-2020, 07:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Insult first, seek facts later, or not even bother with facts. Since many of the stations don't even carry the POTUS when he speaks, some just go by what CNN said their interpretation of what he said as truth. So before someone replies to this post, I'll go with the normal quote ending. I am right, right? Geez. 

I don't think Breech falls into this category, because many of his responses in this thread have been informative. I was just unsure why he felt the need for the personal attack. Perhaps it the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog

(04-23-2020, 07:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was thinking more like how Florida got their stuff in an expedited fashion and at over 100% of their request while, say Colorado got enough supplies to last maybe a day.

So you picked and chose. Imagine that 

(04-23-2020, 07:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Insult first, seek facts later, or not even bother with facts. Since many of the stations don't even carry the POTUS when he speaks, some just go by what CNN said their interpretation of what he said as truth. So before someone replies to this post, I'll go with the normal quote ending. I am right, right? Geez. 

(04-23-2020, 07:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Michigan is 7th in Covid-19 cases and 6ths in deaths related to Covid-19.  Georgia is 13th in Covid-19 cases and 15th in deaths related to Covid-19.  Michigan's governor hasn't lifted their shelter in place order while Georgia's governor has started to ease restrictions.  Trump has urged the Michigan governor to ease the lock down restrictions while telling the Georgia governor he disagrees with him easing lock down restrictions this week.  Despite the state of Michigan being hit harder by the coronavirus than Georgia.  Trump's advice completely flies in the face of the data.

Facts first.