Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - bfine32 - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Facts first.

Insults later

(04-23-2020, 07:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No, you didn't ask.

I just explained how he did, so now you have.

Admittedly I didn't put a ? at the end of my post but most considering saying "I don't understand" being a statement of asking for clarity

So he undermines them by asserting they know best? 

RE: Coronavirus - Belsnickel - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you picked and chose. Imagine that 

You asked for a decision made that put one person in jeopardy. Well, that is an example of one.

(04-23-2020, 07:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You asked for a decision made that put one person in jeopardy. Well, that is an example of one.

Your example was allocating funds to states based on political bias. Then why give so much to Cali and NY? I simply questioned your incorrect assertion. Maybe they were more generally allocated to where they were needed.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 04-23-2020

Mellow

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 04-23-2020

Cool

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I though most knew the question was directed to response to the pandemic. My apologies if you didn't get that. 

LOL

If you eliminate the response team that affects your response.

This is like eliminating the Army and then claiming I thought most knew I was just asking about the President's response to the Russian invasion after the invasion.

(04-23-2020, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your example was allocating funds to states based on political bias. Then why give so much to Cali and NY? I simply questioned your incorrect assertion. Maybe they were more generally allocated to where they were needed.

These weren't funds, but supplies. And giving more than a state asked for while giving less than 10% of what another state asked for puts more than one person in jeopardy. Your request has been fulfilled, multiple times.

(04-23-2020, 07:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: These weren't funds, but supplies. And giving more than a state asked for while giving less than 10% of what another state asked for puts more than one person in jeopardy. Your request has been fulfilled, multiple times.

We're done. Enjoy the draft. 

Funds
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to funds: investment funds, Hedge funds, Mutual funds
fund (fŭnd)
n.
1. A source of supply; a stock: a fund of goodwill.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/funds

RE: Coronavirus - masonbengals fan - 04-23-2020

It's a real shame that the president isn't blessed with the hindsight that this forum possesses.

(04-23-2020, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're done. Enjoy the draft. 

Glad you're done trying to move the goalposts after being proven wrong.

(04-23-2020, 08:01 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's a real shame that the president isn't blessed with the hindsight that this forum possesses.

I mean, it's not like he had a State Department cable warning him this could happen months in advance, or anything.

RE: Coronavirus - HarleyDog - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Breech falls into this category, because many of his responses in this thread have been informative. I was just unsure why he felt the need for the personal attack. Perhaps it the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog

It was not Breech intended. It was a general reference to my experiences here when I post. You offered a small podium opportunity in your response and I jumped on it like a fat kid on $13 ice cream.

(04-23-2020, 08:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was not Breech intended. It was a general reference to my experiences here when I post. You offered a small podium opportunity in your response and I jumped on it like a fat kid on $13 ice cream.

You're really overpaying for ice cream. LOL

This fat kid only jumps on the pints that run about $3.

(04-23-2020, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I've heard mixed responses on the WHO's advice. Is it your recommendation to follow everything they say?

Trump adopted their mitigation recommendations in mid-March approximately 6 weeks after they were issued. Their recommendations are the same ones Fauci has recommended.  Their the same recommendations Governor Kemp and the most other states have adopted.  The same recommendations Trump is pointing to as to why we can reopen the economy.

You claim you have followed this thread so you should already be aware as I have already documented their recommendations and when they made them.

Quote:Following CDC is bad, questioning WHO is also bad.. did I get your position right?

No, you didn't get my position correct, as usual.  Putting all your eggs in one basket as they did contributed to our poor response.  Especially when there was already several commercial tests already available. The leadership shown from Trump appointees within the HHS, NIH, and the CDC has been sadly lacking.

Quote:See response to Matt

Not sure of the act associated with him saying "he's seen some goo things" Did me mandate folks to use it and I missed that?

Trump directed the purchase of 29 million doses of hydroxychloroquine and told the public, "What have you got to lose?"

Quote:Yeah, that one's quite generic. I find his team to combat this to be well qualified.  

Really? The secretary of Health and Human Services is a Big Pharm lawyer and lobbyist. And he has been replaced by Pence whose track record at combating disease is strike against him rather than a vote of confidence. Jared has no qualifications or experience in health care services or how to respond to a pandemic.

(04-23-2020, 08:01 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's a real shame that the president isn't blessed with the hindsight that this forum possesses.

This is pretty much where I'm at. The WORLD is reacting to this thing on a daily basis but folks will slam POTUS because he hasn't had every right answer at every turn. 

As I mentioned: I don't consider my response steeped in political bias (or even worse for some..hate). My Governor is being very cautious and I applaud him There was a protest at the KY Capitol the other day and one of the guys interviewed said "My wife has MS and is not allowed to visit her neurologist. We're selecting one death over another". I'd ask all the know everythings in this forum: What's the "right" answer to that? 

RE: Coronavirus - jason - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

My lungs got a nasty sunburn last August...

(04-23-2020, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Insults later

Personally, I would think you would consider being compared to Skip Bayless a compliment.

(04-23-2020, 08:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Personally, I would think you would consider being compared to Skip Bayless a compliment.

I never knew you held Skip Bayless in such high esteem. My apologies; obviously you meant no insult. 

RE: Coronavirus - HarleyDog - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're really overpaying for ice cream. LOL

This fat kid only jumps on the pints that run about $3.

Your correct. Or the $2.49 pint at Sav-a-lot. Something funny, I’m 52 and when I got sick about 6 weeks ago, I had a sincere craving for ice cream sandwiches after the fever broke. I used to love ice cream as a youngster. Then I started liking beer, and well, those two don’t mix except for root beer. I haven’t craved ice cream in 38yrs. I thought about buying some for work but I sit at a desk and very low on food discipline. 1-2 a day would turn into a box a day.

(04-23-2020, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Admittedly I didn't put a ? at the end of my post but most considering saying "I don't understand" being a statement of asking for clarity

Okay, let's look at your statement . . .

(04-22-2020, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Through all of this I've never really understood the obsession with testing; unless we plan on putting everyone who comes up negative under a bubble.

You expect me to believe you were seriously inquiring if we were going to everyone under a bubble?

Nah, I don't think so.

Quote:So he undermines them by asserting they know best?

LMAO

He has told them they are wrong.