Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton (/Thread-Patriots-jump-to-the-lead-for-Dalton)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Fullrock - 03-18-2020

With Foles going to Chicago, Bengals leverage is about gone. Anyone still interested knows they don't want to keep Dalton as a backup at a17 million price tag. I suspect they will end up getting nothing for him. Any other year and there would have been teams bidding for him. There were just too many QB's changing teams this year.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - pally - 03-18-2020

or maybe, just to look on the positive side, there is a deal in place that just hasn't been announced/leaked. Neither the Bengals or Patriots are known to leak to the press. Andy wouldn't if asked to wait until 4PM.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalholic - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 02:33 PM)Synric Wrote: It's what Patriots or Chargers for Dalton now? I would say Patriots fits best for Andy and Cam fits better in LA.

I think Herbert ends up in LA though.

According to Rotoworld, the Chargers were at least debating making a run at Cam.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - pally - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 03:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Rotoworld, the Chargers were at least debating making a run at Cam.

or not

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - TecmoBengals - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 03:08 PM)pally Wrote: or not

I guess they are going with Taylor & then drafting Hebert, Love, or Tua if he falls.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - McC - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 03:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess they are going with Taylor & then drafting Hebert, Love, or Tua if he falls.

Yep, because nobody with a good team would ever want Tyrod as their QB for any amount of time.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - samhain - 03-18-2020

It would still shock the hell out of me, but I wonder if New England might be trying to negotiate for both Dalton and Green. Both contracts off the books would certainly explain the amount of money they were comfortable with spending yesterday. I'd hope for at least a decent pick in that exchange along with the cap relief.

If those two can squeeze out a first from the Pats, then you get a chance to draft a WR in round 1 to replace AJ. That's a big ask if Green is healthy, but not so much if he continues to struggle to get on the field.

DO the Pats have a first? Seems like they were missing a first or second round pick.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - fredtoast - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 04:02 PM)samhain Wrote: It would still shock the hell out of me, but I wonder if New England might be trying to negotiate for both Dalton and Green. 

No.

The Patriots dealt veteran safety Duron Harmon to the Detroit Lions for a swap of late-round draft picks, according to a report from NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. Moving Harmon frees up $4.25 million in cap room for New England, upping their total to $7.14 million, according to cap expert Miguel Benzan.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/03/nfl-rumors-patriots-trade-duron-harmon-to-lions-in-cap-clearing-move/

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - BrownAssClown - 03-18-2020

I listened to Boston talk radio for about 3 hours last night. About half of it was tributes to Brady and the other half was about his possible replacement. A lot of the talk was about coaxing Eli Manning out of retirement because they( fans calling in) believe he fits their system the best. There was some talk about bringing Cam Newton in for a look, never heard Dalton's name mentioned once. Do the Giants still hold the rights to Eli if he decides to come out of retirement? Wonder why Andy didn't get any love from the callers or host?

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Mobster - 03-18-2020

I've said all along, I just don't think there's a market for Dalton. If other teams are looking for a QB, it's because they already have someone just like Dalton.

(03-18-2020, 04:13 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I listened to Boston talk radio for about 3 hours last night. About half of it was tributes to Brady and the other half was about his possible replacement. A lot of the talk was about coaxing Eli Manning out of retirement because they( fans calling in) believe he fits their system the best. There was some talk about bring Cam Newton in for a look, never heard Dalton's name mentioned once. Do the Giants still hold the rights to Eli if he decides to come out of retirement? Wonder why Andy didn't get any love from the callers or host?

You must have been pretty bored.  Or masochistic.   Or really interested in what will happen to AD.  Or some weird cocktail of all three.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - BrownAssClown - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: You must have been pretty bored.  Or masochistic.   Or really interested in what will happen to AD.  Or some weird cocktail of all three.

Bored would be the closest. I have been listening to internet radio at night to hear the different cities take on this virus and how they are handling it around their neck of the woods. I was listening to WBZ (Boston) among others, Baltimore, Philly, LA, KMOX (St. Louis), etc. Came across the Brady talk and decided to take a break from all the virus talk.

(03-18-2020, 04:29 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Bored would be the closest. I have been listening to internet radio at night to hear the different cities take on this virus and how they are handling it around their neck of the woods. I was listening to WBZ (Boston) among others, Baltimore, Philly, LA, KMOX (St. Louis), etc. Came across the Brady talk and decided to take a break from all the virus talk.

Few fans can freak out like a Boston fan.  Compared to them, we are rank amateurs.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalsrob - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 04:33 PM)McC Wrote: Few fans can freak out like a Boston fan.  Compared to them, we are rank amateurs.

You got that right, we are just little babies when it comes to crying, Patriot fans are ruthless and bold. Comes with their sense of entitlement I suppose.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Nicomo Cosca - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 02:53 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Why?  They don't need his salary for cap purposes, at least at the moment.
At worst Dalton is backup to Joe B and a happy backup at that since he wants a big say in where he goes.  Remember Dalton and the Bengals are on the same page, unlike with Carson, and Mike Brown took his time.  Plus Dalton is a good QB with playoff experience.  He has high value and the Bengals have his rights for the season.

Probably best to not bring up his playoff experience too much...

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - BURROWorBUST - 03-19-2020

(03-18-2020, 04:02 PM)samhain Wrote: It would still shock the hell out of me, but I wonder if New England might be trying to negotiate for both Dalton and Green.  Both contracts off the books would certainly explain the amount of money they were comfortable with spending yesterday.  I'd hope for at least a decent pick in that exchange along with the cap relief.  

If those two can squeeze out a first from the Pats, then you get a chance to draft a WR in round 1 to replace AJ.  That's a big ask if Green is healthy, but not so much if he continues to struggle to get on the field.  

DO the Pats have a first?  Seems like they were missing a first or second round pick.

Dalton and Green for Isiah Wynne, a first, and a third. 

I'd be very tempted to do that. We'd get an OT, and we could draft a WR (Justin Jefferson?) in the first and get an extra player on D in the third. Imagine getting Burrow & Jefferson in 1, Queen in 2.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - WhoDey Hooligan - 03-19-2020

Wishful thinking, but how about Dalton and 4th round pick to Jacksonville for Andrew Norwell (Cincy kid) or Myles Jack?

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - McC - 03-19-2020

(03-19-2020, 04:28 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Dalton and Green for Isiah Wynne, a first, and a third. 

I'd be very tempted to do that. We'd get an OT, and we could draft a WR (Justin Jefferson?) in the first and get an extra player on D in the third. Imagine getting Burrow & Jefferson in 1, Queen in 2.

I think the spectre of last year without AJ hanging over PBS and the next QB making a point of saying bring him back and the HC making many statements about how excited he is to have AJ back all but eliminates the idea of including AJ in any trade for this year.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2020

(03-19-2020, 05:38 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: Wishful thinking, but how about Dalton and 4th round pick to Jacksonville for Andrew Norwell (Cincy kid) or Myles Jack?

Who is Jacksonville's QB right now? Minshew? Also, hasn't Myles Jack been a bust so far?

Norwell is an O-lineman correct?

Sorry for the questions just don't know a lot about them at this moment.

RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - masonbengals fan - 03-19-2020

Dalton & Kirkpatrick for what ? Anybody ?