Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Socal Bengals fan - 09-24-2017

Dalton should have a good game today. Packers defense stinks n Bengals have to many skill players to be held td less. our defense has been playing great so the roles will probability be reversed today

Time to end the Dalton era - Trademark - 11-06-2017

If and when Lewis is gone after this season, it’s time to trade Dalton. The man can’t make a deep throw to save his life. He had Green wide open, it looks like that is what helped contribute to his frustrations today. Really hope they move forward with McCarron instead

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Socal Bengals fan - 11-06-2017

agree.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - muskiesfan - 11-06-2017

If the team is going to go full rebuild, that would be one way to go. If the team wants to stay competitive, completely the wrong move.

As for the deep ball, the statistics show you are factually wrong. Yes, like every other QB in the NFL, Dalton misses on long throws sometimes. Statistically speaking, he's one of the better deep ball passers in the league. He's also the best deep ball QB in the AFCN. While that may be what you want to believe, factually, you're wrong.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - CincinnatiKid - 11-06-2017

Do it

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - J24 - 11-06-2017

Why not just fix the issues on the team instead of getting rid of one of our best assets? Dalton is a good QB who is capable of being great with a great supporting cast particularly the O line. Fix the offensive line, find a Nickle DT, and maybe a playmaking safety and this team will be great again.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Nately120 - 11-06-2017

Getting rid of a reliable and decent QB in order to start a guy who doesn't want to be here doesn't sound like a step in the right direction. Better to just say that this franchise clearly keeps success at bay so we may as well toss Mixon, Ross, and McCarron out there so we can...I don't know...watch them fail and then make excuses before we give up on them, too.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Nicomo Cosca - 11-06-2017

They should take advantage of a great QB draft class and a likely top 10 pick. Dalton is what he is. We can do better.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - McC - 11-06-2017

Yeah. On to the fill in the blank era and see how long it takes to destroy another one.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - NATI BENGALS - 11-06-2017

Your QB has to have the IT factor.

"Alright team lets go have fun" isnt the pep talk from your field general that motivates men to go out and fight with the good teams in this league.

People act like we would be losing some QB who puts us on his back and carries the team to victory constantly.

He has fully regressed to game manager mentality. Is affraid to throw contested balls. Cant not move in the pocket with success, the tuck and duck isnt successful. Telegraphs handoffs so bad i can see them from my house when im not watching the game.

Guess what happened when we lost the golden boy #1 pick. We found a QB in the 2nd round. We can find another mediocre qb. Hell we probably have one on the roster already

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Hammerstripes - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:20 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Why not just fix the issues on the team instead of getting rid of one of our best assets? Dalton is a good QB who is capable of being great with a great supporting cast particularly the O line. Fix the offensive line, find a Nickle DT, and maybe a playmaking safety and this team will be great again.

Can't that I agree with that.  He's had a great supporting cast and still cannot win a playoff game.

At this point, it's time to move on.  

(11-06-2017, 12:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Guess what happened when we lost the golden boy #1 pick. We found a QB in the 2nd round. We can find another mediocre qb. Hell we probably have one on the roster already

The way I see it is that we can conclude that neither Palmer nor Dalton had "IT" and Boomer Esiason was the last QB we had who had "IT" but he no longer had "IT" when Paul Brown died and Mike Brown too over.  Curious.

Anywho, maybe the next QB will have "IT" and maybe the next Browns QB will have "IT" as well.  So on and so forth.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - NATI BENGALS - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:17 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: If the team is going to go full rebuild, that would be one way to go. If the team wants to stay competitive, completely the wrong move.

As for the deep ball, the statistics show you are factually wrong. Yes, like every other QB in the NFL, Dalton misses on long throws sometimes. Statistically speaking, he's one of the better deep ball passers in the league. He's also the best deep ball QB in the AFCN. While that may be what you want to believe, factually, you're wrong.
Blake bortles just smoked us. Josh mccown has the jets competitive. Trying a different QB isnt the end of the world. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Benton - 11-06-2017

Eh? Dalton is one of our top 10 players. If four of those other nine were on the line, we'd be above .500 right now.

Our line stinks. Our line doesn't even have depth. Replacing the QB at this point is like changing the transmission with four flat tires. If it's the issue or not is regardless, you're still not going anywhere till you fix the problem.

(11-06-2017, 12:38 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Can't that I agree with that.  He's had a great supporting cast and still cannot win a playoff game.

At this point, it's time to move on.  

That really only holds water if you don't count owner, GM, and HC as supporting cast.  

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - BengalsFanwithaPlan@gmail.com - 11-06-2017

Dalton's deep ball isn't the issue. It’s his competitiveness or lack thereof… He isn’t going to do anything when the pressure is on. If everything is perfect, he can make plays. The Bengals are not perfect. This season he is miserable to watch. Yeah he missed Green on the breakaway. He hears footsteps. He throws the ball away on forth down with the game on the line. He panics into sacks as he ducks his head away from the rush and into the oncoming defensive ends around the outside. If the rush is straight up the middle, he folds like an accordion again ducking his head as he cowers the hit. The offensive line is a problem, but other teams have similar issues. A more competitive man would find away to overcome. Dalton doesn’t have it in him. I wonder if McCarron is more competitive.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - jowczarski - 11-06-2017

If you've watched this team for two years and all you can do is go to the QB...not sure you're really looking at the whole picture. Yes, he struggles with that deep sideline ball. Yes, he needs to give his guy a chance vs. it going OB. But...all I can say is that yes, one day, someone other than 14 will throw footballs for the Bengals.

But it won't be 5. And if you think 5 would be having success with this team the last two years ... well, again, to my original point that you're not reallyi seeing the entire picture.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - BigPapaKain - 11-06-2017

Where is my shut the **** up gif when I need it?

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Circleville Guy - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:08 AM)Trademark Wrote: If and when Lewis is gone after this season, it’s time to trade Dalton. The man can’t make a deep throw to save his life. He had Green wide open, it looks like that is what helped contribute to his frustrations today. Really hope they move forward with McCarron instead
Andy has flaws for sure, Ive seen Green have what seems like 3 or 4 balls a year in his hands that also get intercepted. Andy has shown that with a competent line that he is good enough to get to the playoffs. There's no guarantee that the next guy will be that good. Andy will never be great but if we're not replacing him with a franchise type QB, then what's the point? I'm not saying that it's not worth chancing, I am saying that there are currently a handful of bigger issues that are keeping this team from winning.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - cincyfan429 - 11-06-2017

Dalton is not the problem the O Line is. Andy is fine if we had a line that could protect him. You cant loose 2 quality lineman and think all will be fine. Give him time and he will play much better. When are O Line was one of the best in the league we were a dangerous team. You win this game with a great O Line. Everybody loves big name RB, QB and WR but the O Line is what is key.