Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported (/Thread-Possible-Dalton-Trade-Being-Reported)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - The Stars In Stripes - 04-21-2020

(04-20-2020, 09:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Jax has 42, 73, and 116.

73 would be a blessing for Dalton at this point

I’m thinking 116 would be a blessing...

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Accepting that Dalton is better than Minshew when nothing about 2019 supports it requires blaming Daltons plummet on ZT, I'd say.

Minshew looked a lot better than Dalton in 2019.  Replacing him with Dalton when even an overpaid Foles couldn't keep him off the field seems unlikely. 

Not saying Minshew is great but why try to replace a popular and decent rookie who stepped up with a retread who won 2 games?  

Because dalton is better. It’s that simple. Everybody wants to judge the dalton that has lost his offensive line (which for the last three years ha been worst in the league) his top two targets behind Aj green, sanu and Jones, along with Aj green coupled with a horrible coaching staff and piss poor ownership and simply say he’s trash instead of looking at the dalton that had an offensive line solid coaching staff a defense that was top notch which led to a season where dalton trough 10 weeks was in the mvp race. Until minshew has a season where he is 10 weeks in and near the top of the mvp race don’t waste ur time here. I watched every snap of minshew last season and yes although the entire city of Jacksonville including myself loves the kid and wants him to be the future there was still plenty on tape from last season where ur left questioning minshew and scratching ur head. Minshew is not a franchise qb and AGAIN for those that refuse to read or listen shad khan has made it clear that it is win now. So if minshew doesn’t work out Jacksonville better have an answer in a back up plan or a lot of people In jacks are gonna be looking for jobs.

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - McC - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 02:14 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Because dalton is better.  It’s that simple.  Everybody wants to judge the dalton that has lost his offensive line (which for the last three years ha been worst in the league) his top two targets behind Aj green, sanu and Jones,  along with Aj green coupled with a horrible coaching staff and piss poor ownership and simply say he’s trash instead of looking at the dalton that had an offensive line solid coaching staff a defense that was top notch which led to a season where dalton trough 10 weeks was in the mvp race.  Until minshew has a season where he is 10 weeks in and near the top of the mvp race don’t waste ur time here.  I watched every snap of minshew last season and yes although the entire city of Jacksonville including myself loves the kid and wants him to be the future there was still plenty on tape from last season where ur left questioning minshew and scratching ur head.  Minshew is not a franchise qb and AGAIN for those that refuse to read or listen shad khan has made it clear that it is win now.  So if minshew doesn’t work out Jacksonville better have an answer in a back up plan or a lot of people In jacks are gonna be looking for jobs.

I saw Minshew play exactly one game last year, the game against the Bengals.  The whole game, I was wondering what the hell was all the fuss about this guy.  He did not look good at all.  Jax won that game with their defense.

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Nately120 - 04-21-2020

The jaguars roll with Minshew in 2020 and draft a QB if he comes up short. Spending a pick and a bunch of money on a vet he outplayed is just crazy talk. Imagine if we traded for Kyle Orton or something after Daltons rookie season.

Minshew doesn't have to be great to be a better and more efficient option than Dalton.

Anyways the Jaguats were lucky to get Foles and his contract out of there, why instantly undo their fortune by bringing in another pricey vet they don't need?

(04-21-2020, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The jaguars roll with Minshew in 2020 and draft a QB if he comes up short. Spending a pick and a bunch of money on a vet he outplayed is just crazy talk.  Imagine if we traded for Kyle Orton or something after Daltons rookie season.

Minshew doesn't have to be great to be a better and more efficient option than Dalton.

Even if they were equal players, the fact that Minshew costs a fraction of what Dalton does removes all doubt.

And if Jax still insists they are trying to win now, just file that in the "talking out their asses" folder.

(04-21-2020, 02:48 PM)McC Wrote: Even if they were equal players, the fact that Minshew costs a fraction of what Dalton does removes all doubt.

And if Jax still insists they are trying to win now, just file that in the "talking out their asses" folder.

I can't imagine Burrow going .500 as a starter with 21 TDs to 6 INTs and a 91.2 rating and us being like "Oh crap, get Dalton back!"

(04-21-2020, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine Burrow going .500 as a starter with 21 TDs to 6 INTs and a 91.2 rating and us being like "Oh crap, get Dalton back!"

That's Minshew's line for the year?

Wow.  He looked like hot buttered dog shit against the Bengals.

(04-21-2020, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: That's Minshew's line for the year?

Wow.  He looked like hot buttered dog shit against the Bengals.

I'm not saying he's a long term starter but the guy is a 6th round pick rookie who came in week 1 and played well and kept their overpaid SB MVP FA off the field. 

Gruden spending money and draft capital to instantly try to replace him with his guy who performed worse just seems like a very unpopular and unwise move. 

I know we want to trade Dalton, but that doesn't mean we have to convince ourselves this is a logival move for Jax. 

Also, Dalton looked far worse in the game vs Jax.  Geez bringing in Dalton after all that would be really bad PR but it could happen. 

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Joelist - 04-21-2020

Minshew was hot the first half and terrible the second half of the season. He also had better blocking and an actual run game last season - play calling was meh but far better than ours.

In our world we have had the worst OL in football at least the last two seasons. And with all the time AJ has missed the combination has crippled the passing game simply because the vast majority of the time the poor blocking meant we had to get the ball out so fast plays could not develop properly. ZT admitted that it affected the play calling as the bad blocking severely constrained the playbook.

BTW, I expect this draft will be VERY heavy offense. After Burrow we will dip at least once into a deep WR class and twice I think into Offensive Line. I also. think Andy may do a sign and trade on draft day where he signs a new deal designed to lower his cap number then is dealt.

(04-21-2020, 03:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying he's a long term starter but the guy is a 6th round pick rookie who came in week 1 and played well and kept their overpaid SB MVP FA off the field. 

Gruden spending money and draft capital to instantly try to replace him with his guy who performed worse just seems like a very unpopular and unwise move. 

I know we want to trade Dalton, but that doesn't mean we have to convince ourselves this is a logival move for Jax. 

Also, Dalton looked far worse in the game vs Jax.  Geez bringing in Dalton after all that would be really bad PR but it could happen. 

Yeah, that's why Jax won that game.  It wasn't Minshew.

Their answer at QB is neither Dalton nor Minshew.

(04-21-2020, 03:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah, that's why Jax won that game.  It wasn't Minshew.

Their answer at QB is neither Dalton nor Minshew.

Minshew was a rookie, so a game where he puts up 1 TD and zero turnovers on the road and doesnt blow it for the W isn't quite a dog of a gamr you're making it out to be.

They need to see how he does in 2020 and then decide. 

(04-21-2020, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Minshew was a rookie, so a game where he puts up 1 TD and zero turnovers on the road and doesnt blow it for the W isn't quite a dog of a gamr you're making it out to be.

They need to see how he does in 2020 and then decide. 

All I remember about him is thinking this guy can't hit the ocean from a boat.  Are you related to him?

(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)McC Wrote: All I remember about him is thinking this guy can't hit the ocean from a boat.  Are you related to him?

No.  Did he dump you before the prom?

In all seriousness the Jags have a popular underdog QB after a top 3 bust in Bottles and a SB MVP FA bust in Foles. I can see why Minshew is good business...for now.

(04-21-2020, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No.  Did he dump you before the prom?

In all seriousness the Jags have a popular underdog QB after a top 3 bust in Bottles and a SB MVP FA bust in Foles.  I can see why Minshew is good business...for now.

Sure.  He's a novelty and good for selling fake mustaches for women and children.  

(04-21-2020, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: Sure.  He's a novelty and good for selling fake mustaches for women and children.  

Come on...arent we excited to watch our own rookie QB get thrown into the fire and attempt to push a boulder uphill?

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Essex Johnson - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Come on...arent we excited to watch our own rookie QB get thrown into the fire and attempt to push a boulder uphill?

Well I was excited about 2011 with the same fire and boulder.. and Burrow has a bigger extinguisher and more fireman added in offseason probably in Bengal  History.. so I say Hell Yes I am excited

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - spazz70 - 04-21-2020

Are we comparing the OL that Dalton would have in JAX to what we have had the last 3 years? That is laughable, not one of our OL would start for JAX.

(04-21-2020, 03:55 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Are we comparing the OL that Dalton would have in JAX to what we have had the last 3 years?  That is laughable, not one of our OL would start for JAX.

So I assume Ced spent his time there on the bench?

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - spazz70 - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So I assume Ced spent his time there on the bench?

Yeah, pretty young but getting better every year.   Definitely better overall than ours.

RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Murdock2420 - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So I assume Ced spent his time there on the bench?

He did, I think he was their 2nd back-up at tackle. He is now a Seahawk I think..