Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Quarantine beards - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Quarantine beards (/Thread-Quarantine-beards)

Quarantine beards - fredtoast - 04-21-2020

Anyone growing one?

I already had the whiskers, but last Monday we conducted criminal court on-line and both the judge and a couple of lawyers had bearded up over the break.

RE: Quarantine beards - McC - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone growing one?

I already had the whiskers, but last Monday we conducted criminal court on-line and both the judge and a couple of lawyers had bearded up over the break.

I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

Were they wearing shirt, tie, coats and gym shorts?  Was the judge wearing a robe over his pjs?

RE: Quarantine beards - fredtoast - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

Were they wearing shirt, tie, coats and gym shorts?  Was the judge wearing a robe over his pjs?

The dress ranged from usual courtroom decorum to casual.  Judge was sitting a desk in his home wearing a black robe.

(04-21-2020, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The dress ranged from usual courtroom decorum to casual.  Judge was sitting a desk in his home wearing a black robe.

Then yes, pjs.   Maybe boxers.

RE: Quarantine beards - fredtoast - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

I think is has more to do with getting through the "beginning stages" of a beard when it does not look like a beard.

(04-21-2020, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think is has more to do with getting through the "beginning stages" of a beard when it does not look like a beard.

Makes sense.  Kinda like coming back from vacation with a beard.

RE: Quarantine beards - sandwedge - 04-21-2020

I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (sp) back in December and now I sleep with a f**king CPAP. I had to shave my beard, because the air in the mask would move my whiskers and tickle. So now I am clean shaven again.

RE: Quarantine beards - jason - 04-21-2020

I actually shaved my beard when this all started. I work in people's homes so I've been wearing a respirator... They don't seal properly with facial hair. I also tend to touch my face more often when I have a beard.

But since we're in a rush to get back to normal, I've started letting stubble come back. It's over everybody!!! Come back out!!!

RE: Quarantine beards - Tiger Teeth - 04-22-2020

I let mine grow out. I already have a goatee, so I shaved all of it, and started over after I realized I couldn't go anywhere anyway. But where did all this damn grey hair come from? Hilarious

RE: Quarantine beards - CKwi88 - 04-22-2020

The last time I went 2 weeks plus without shaving was about 10 years ago when I was in college and was skiing every day. Tried again during quarantine, apparently I grow an Andrew Luck-esque beard. I go from decent looking scruff to wtf died on your face real quick.

Then I shaved it off, and noticed that I got a different strand of coronavirus: Covid-19lbs.

RE: Quarantine beards - Benton - 04-23-2020

Quarantine beard
/noun/

A female friend allowed to stand within six feet of a homosexual male.

RE: Quarantine beards - fredtoast - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:49 AM)Benton Wrote: Quarantine beard
/noun/

A female friend allowed to stand within six feet of a homosexual male.

Rep.

RE: Quarantine beards - George Cantstandya - 04-23-2020

Opposite for me. I shaved my beard off. As mentioned above by Jason, I tend to touch my face more when I have a beard. Also it makes it easier for me to wear a mask if I decide to venture out. So I got rid of it. I figure it can't hurt and my beard grows really fast so I can always grow it back later. :)

RE: Quarantine beards - jason - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 02:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Opposite for me. I shaved my beard off. As mentioned above by Jason, I tend to touch my face more when I have a beard. Also it makes it easier for me to wear a mask if I decide to venture out. So I got rid of it. I figure it can't hurt and my beard grows really fast so I can always grow it back later. :)

It's funny... I've grown mine back to stubble. Weeks and weeks of conscious effort have pretty much broken my face touching habit... To the point that I tell other people to stop it.

Personally I think I'm gonna come out of this with a lil post traumatic stress. It'll take me awhile to be comfortable going back to my normal existence... Granted I'm still working, and out of the house quite a bit, but I think I'll be avoiding crowds for quite sometime. On the bright side; I realize how much I miss my normal life that I bitched about all the time. Perspective is good.

RE: Quarantine beards - Jason_NC - 04-23-2020

(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone growing one?

Not exactly.  I have been letting my goatee grow since January or so, and as of now I only shave the rest once a week (down from twice normally).

RE: Quarantine beards - jfkbengals - 04-29-2020

Already had a full beard before it started, and had already decided to let it grow out in early February.

RE: Quarantine beards - StoneTheCrow - 04-30-2020

I tried. I gave it two weeks longer than I have ever tried to give it and it just looked like hell. So patchy and white trash.

RE: Quarantine beards - Belsnickel - 04-30-2020

(04-21-2020, 06:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (sp) back in December and now I sleep with a f**king CPAP. I had to shave my beard, because the air in the mask would move my whiskers and tickle. So now I am clean shaven again.

As a bearded man with the same affliction, I get it. Though I've kept mine, it definitely doesn't help with the seal.