Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How likely to see NFL - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: How likely to see NFL (/Thread-How-likely-to-see-NFL)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 02:49 PM)jason Wrote: Washington Swamp Things

There we go. Hilarious

RE: How likely to see NFL - George Cantstandya - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks George, that is national geographic, wfla and hopkins medicine so yeah I will take it for what it is...

Still, thank you for it.

I just have a hard time believing a lot this stuff that comes from the media after being lied to so many times.

I find this all to be a control tactic. 

Mandating we wear masks when most of the time this doesn't even protect you or others etc.

Just need to take care of the older people and the ones who have diabetes or other problems is what I think people need to 
concentrate on. This is not as bad as it is being made out to be and when younger people are the ones getting infected and 
they are not infecting the people with problems it is getting better, not worse like it is being reported.

I don't see it as a control tactic but more educating people on how to reduce the risks for everyone, old an young.  But I don't want to get into that as it might go further into P&R.

I'm a veteran and as far as I'm concerned service to my country didn't end with my enlistment. For Covid-19 that means wearing a mask in public to reduce the risk of my breath possibly spreading it should I be infected and not know it (as minor as that may be, there is a lot of conflicting info on that, but IMO better than nothing), responsible social distancing, checking my temperature before I leave the house, and washing/sanitizing my hands regularly. I just feel that is my responsibility to reduce the chance as much as possible of spreading it to others, young, old, and those with pre-existing conditions should I have it and not know it.

My mom is in her 70's and her husband is a lung cancer survivor, so high risk, and I have not been closer than 6 feet from them and only visiting outside since this started.  Even though I felt comfortable that I was not infected at the time I won't risk it for her or her husband.

I have done my best to educate myself on Covid-19 and have responded according to what I think is the best based on what I have learned from various sources.  Others may disagree with those sources and that is fine.   But there seems to be a trend when it comes to areas and people that do take safer measures and those that have not.  I'll err on the side of caution to do what I think is best for everyone.  If that means I am being controlled in some way, so be it.

(07-13-2020, 03:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't see it as a control tactic but more educating people on how to reduce the risks for everyone, old an young.  But I don't want to get into that as it might go further into P&R.

I'm a veteran and as far as I'm concerned service to my country didn't end with my enlistment.   For Covid-19 that means wearing a mask in public to reduce the risk of my breath possibly spreading it should I be infected and not know it (as minor as that may be, there is a lot of conflicting info on that, but IMO better than nothing), responsible social distancing, checking my temperature before I leave the house, and washing/sanitizing my hands regularly.  I just feel that is my responsibility to reduce the chance as much as possible of spreading it to others, young, old, and those with pre-existing conditions should I have it and not know it.

My mom is in her 70's and her husband is a lung cancer survivor, so high risk, and I have not been closer than 6 feet from them and only visiting outside since this started.  Even though I felt comfortable that I was not infected at the time I won't risk it for her or her husband.

I have done my best to educate myself on Covid-19 and have responded according to what I think is the best based on what I have learned from various sources.  Others may disagree with those sources and that is fine.   But there seems to be a trend when it comes to areas and people that do take safer measures and those that have not.  I'll err on the side of caution to do what I think is best for everyone.  If that means I am being controlled in some way, so be it.

All completely understandable.

Wish more were like you in this way and the thing is people should of been more responsible in this way in the past with all
the diseases that have come across. Have to care about others and be responsible. In Wyoming we don't wear masks all the 
time but we are also not around tons of people which is why our numbers are down more so then everywhere else.

But I just had a family reunion and most all of my family lives near Boise, Idaho and they are getting mandated to wear masks
and it is not going over well. Lots of my family wants to move to Wyoming now cause of this.

Everyone has a little rebel in them lol

RE: How likely to see NFL - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And how do we know this to be true again?

I never see the media talk about the death rate of the flu and yet everyday we hear about the number of infections of the covid...

The death rate of covid is the last thing the media talks about besides the flu that is never spoken of at all...

You can check the CDC for historical data for the flu like morbidity and mortality rates.

(07-13-2020, 02:42 PM)jason Wrote: I don't know... I'm just pretty sure the flu doesn't kill 135,000 people in 3-4 months.

It doesn’t.

(07-13-2020, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks George, that is national geographic, wfla and hopkins medicine so yeah I will take it for what it is...

Still, thank you for it.

I just have a hard time believing a lot this stuff that comes from the media after being lied to so many times.

I find this all to be a control tactic. 

Mandating we wear masks when most of the time this doesn't even protect you or others etc.

Did your mom ever tell you to cover your mouth when you cough so you don’t get the rest of the family sick? That’s what a face covering does. It reduces the spread of respiratory droplets and decreases the chances you will get others sick from your germs. It doesn’t prevent you from getting sick unless you’re wearing a N95 mask.

Quote:Just need to take care of the older people and the ones who have diabetes or other problems is what I think people need to 
concentrate on. This is not as bad as it is being made out to be and when younger people are the ones getting infected and 
they are not infecting the people with problems it is getting better, not worse like it is being reported.

It’s definitely getting worse again here in Georgia. And many other states.

(07-13-2020, 05:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did your mom ever tell you to cover your mouth when you cough so you don’t get the rest of the family sick?  That’s what a face covering does. It reduces the spread of respiratory droplets and decreases the chances you will get others sick from your germs. It doesn’t prevent you from getting sick unless you’re wearing a N95 mask.

It’s definitely getting worse again here in Georgia. And many other states.

Of course, that is just common sense. Just saying, forcing people to wear masks is wrong too.

I have also heard that the molecules in this virus are so small that it just goes right through the masks.

Lots of people who wear masks all the time are getting sick.

Sorry to hear that in Georgia. Heard Texas is really getting hit hard right now.

RE: How likely to see NFL - George Cantstandya - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All completely understandable.

Wish more were like you in this way and the thing is people should of been more responsible in this way in the past with all
the diseases that have come across. Have to care about others and be responsible. In Wyoming we don't wear masks all the 
time but we are also not around tons of people which is why our numbers are down more so then everywhere else.

But I just had a family reunion and most all of my family lives near Boise, Idaho and they are getting mandated to wear masks
and it is not going over well. Lots of my family wants to move to Wyoming now cause of this.

Everyone has a little rebel in them lol

I'm fine with being inconvenienced if I think it will be best for everyone based on what I know (or think I know) about Covid-19.  Also I bet most people complaining about having to wear a cloth mask for a half hour or so in a grocery store have never spent much time in full MOPP gear.   Tongue

(07-13-2020, 06:25 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm fine with being inconvenienced if I think it will be best for everyone based on what I know (or think I know) about Covid-19.  Also I bet most people complaining about having to wear a cloth mask for a half hour or so in a grocery store have never spent much time in full MOPP gear.   Tongue

Yeah, I work in construction so I am used to wearing a mask.

It is just being forced to wear one that unnerves me a bit.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Big Boss - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I work in construction so I am used to wearing a mask.

But really, all things considered wearing a paper mask in public is really not requiring much.  Civilians have had to endure more difficult government mandates over the course of history.  This is a minor inconvenience in comparison.  

(07-13-2020, 07:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But really, all things considered wearing a paper mask in public is really not requiring much.  Civilians have had to endure more difficult government mandates over the course of history.  This is a minor inconvenience in comparison.  

True.

RE: How likely to see NFL - jj22 - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 07:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But really, all things considered wearing a paper mask in public is really not requiring much.  Civilians have had to endure more difficult government mandates over the course of history.  This is a minor inconvenience in comparison.  

We as Americans historically have made great sacrifices to rise and overcome far worse situations for the betterment and safety of the Country. I remember as recent as 9/11 and the new way we had to be searched and exposed at airports. We were the best at it, the envy of the world. We've just had it too good the last couple decades and I wonder if we will ever be able to rise to the occasion and make the sacrifice we saw get us through the world wars, depressions etc. 

As far as the season goes. I'm thinking maybe conference only games may be what we are heading towards. Push the start of the season back to October as the NFLPA and NFL negotiate. 

(07-13-2020, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course, that is just common sense.

It is, but that is essentially what wearing a face covering does. We have done a poor job of explaining why people should wear masks. It shouldn’t be the problem it has become.

Quote:Just saying, forcing people to wear masks is wrong too.

Here we are seeing up to 30% of our results are positive for Covid 19. I’m seeing a minimum of 10 patients with Covid 19 per shift. Wearing a mask for me is a personal responsibility to keep others safe in case I get infected. It’s not wrong to ask me to do what I should already do to keep others safe.

Quote:I have also heard that the molecules in this virus are so small that it just goes right through the masks.

That is true when discussing molecules. The virus is larger than a molecule. Plus it is mainly spread through droplets of spit or snot which won’t pass through. Think of the slo mo videos of people sneezing. That’s what face covering stop.

Quote:Lots of people who wear masks all the time are getting sick.

True. But, again the CDC recommends a face covering which helps decrease the chance if you giving your germs to someone else. Only masks for healthcare providers like a N95 would prevent the wearer from getting sick. The CDC isn’t asking the public to wear N95 masks.

Quote:Sorry to hear that in Georgia. Heard Texas is really getting hit hard right now.

If you look at the GA public health website you’ll see our curve is worse than it was previously. I expect it to continue to worsen. And it’s going to be a real problem when flu season starts again.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Earendil - 07-14-2020

(07-13-2020, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I work in construction so I am used to wearing a mask.

Good thing we're not forced to wear seat belts.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-14-2020

(07-13-2020, 09:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is, but that is essentially what wearing a face covering does. We have done a poor job of explaining why people should wear masks. It shouldn’t be the problem it has become.

Here we are seeing up to 30% of our results are positive for Covid 19. I’m seeing a minimum of 10 patients with Covid 19 per shift. Wearing a mask for me is a personal responsibility to keep others safe in case I get infected. It’s not wrong to ask me to do what I should already do to keep others safe.

That is true when discussing molecules. The virus is larger than a molecule. Plus it is mainly spread through droplets of spit or snot which won’t pass through. Think of the slo mo videos of people sneezing. That’s what face covering stop.

True. But, again the CDC recommends a face covering which helps decrease the chance if you giving your germs to someone else. Only masks for healthcare providers like a N95 would prevent the wearer from getting sick. The CDC isn’t asking the public to wear N95 masks.

If you look at the GA public health website you’ll see our curve is worse than it was previously. I expect it to continue to worsen. And it’s going to be a real problem when flu season starts again.

Good post, cannot disagree with anything you say here Breech, well said.

(07-14-2020, 09:55 AM)Earendil Wrote: Good thing we're not forced to wear seat belts.

Come on, that is a bit different Earendil.

I wear my seat belt every time I go anywhere but to mandate you wear a mask when you are going anywhere is a bit much.

The whole point is to be responsible and keep the people safe who it would affect the most.

RE: How likely to see NFL - PAjwPhilly - 07-14-2020

Eagles shut down the stadium for fans until February 2021

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/philadelphia-officials-announce-eagles-fans-will-not-be-allowed-at-games-for-2020-season/

RE: How likely to see NFL - Earendil - 07-14-2020

(07-14-2020, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good post, cannot disagree with anything you say here Breech, well said.

I wear my seat belt every time I go anywhere but to mandate you wear a mask when you are going anywhere is a bit much.

The whole point is to be responsible and keep the people safe who it would affect the most.

Please forgive my tone, I'm a bit cranky on this subject as I know people who have died. 

Personally, I think requiring people to wear a mask is a small sacrifice for the greater good of all.  And I say that as an asthmatic who gets panic attacks from wearing a mask.

RE: How likely to see NFL - jason - 07-14-2020

(07-14-2020, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good post, cannot disagree with anything you say here Breech, well said.

It's a shame that it has to come to a mandate... Being told that wearing the damn things indoors in public (they aren't asking people to sleep in them) will significantly reduce the spread of virus should be enough. Just today the director of the CDC said if everyone would just wear the damn mask in those situations we could really knock this MFer down in 8 weeks.... Not be done with it, but get it under control. Then maybe there'd be a chance that we could have some sort of half assed football season. Right now; it ain't happenin'. In your last sentence you said we need to protect the most vulnerable... That's what the mask does. It is the smallest of inconveniences, and people are being total drama queens about it.

It's probably a lil different out there in God's county, but shit is getting outta hand in many places, and it's hotter than I'd like it to be where I live. Just today New York said Ohioans need to stay out... The epicenter a while back told us that.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Sled21 - 07-15-2020

They screwed the pooch way back when Fauci came out and lied to people and told them not to wear masks, as they increase your likelyhood of contracting it because you will be touching you face more. Then he comes out and admits he said that just so people wouldn't hoard masks. Sorry Tony, your credibility went out the window with that one. Now people don't believe a thing you say. How many people contracted it because they were following your false advice?

So, here we are, with Governors placing "mandates" on the populace that they wear masks, and people are revolting. Here in KY, the Governor's Executive Orders all just got smacked down in court. They've handled this all wrong. Americans, by nature, will do what it takes to keep this country safe when asked. Americans, also by nature, do not like being told they HAVE to do something without whatever that is going through legislature. They should have first gotten their stories together so they aren't sending mixed messages, then focused on educating the public and appealing to people's sense of patriotism. And, they should have kept politics out of it instead of playing the constant "Gotcha" game. When it comes to "Mericans, you get more by asking that you do trying to force something. Don't believe me, ask King George.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-15-2020

(07-14-2020, 09:44 PM)Earendil Wrote: Please forgive my tone, I'm a bit cranky on this subject as I know people who have died. 

Personally, I think requiring people to wear a mask is a small sacrifice for the greater good of all.  And I say that as an asthmatic who gets panic attacks from wearing a mask.

I agree with you Earendil. Sorry for your loss.

(07-14-2020, 10:59 PM)jason Wrote: It's a shame that it has to come to a mandate... Being told that wearing the damn things indoors in public (they aren't asking people to sleep in them) will significantly reduce the spread of virus should be enough. Just today the director of the CDC said if everyone would just wear the damn mask in those situations we could really knock this MFer down in 8 weeks.... Not be done with it, but get it under control. Then maybe there'd be a chance that we could have some sort of half assed football season. Right now; it ain't happenin'. In your last sentence you said we need to protect the most vulnerable... That's what the mask does. It is the smallest of inconveniences, and people are being total drama queens about it.

It's probably a lil different out there in God's county, but shit is getting outta hand in many places, and it's hotter than I'd like it to be where I live. Just today New York said Ohioans need to stay out... The epicenter a while back told us that.

Yeah, if I was in a big city I would definitely be wearing a mask to protect the most vulnerable, that is for sure.