Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How likely to see NFL - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: How likely to see NFL (/Thread-How-likely-to-see-NFL)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They screwed the pooch way back when Fauci came out and lied to people and told them not to wear masks, as they increase your likelyhood of contracting it because you will be touching you face more. Then he comes out and admits he said that just so people wouldn't hoard masks. Sorry Tony, your credibility went out the window with that one. Now people don't believe a thing you say. How many people contracted it because they were following your false advice?

So, here we are, with Governors placing "mandates" on the populace that they wear masks, and people are revolting. Here in KY, the Governor's Executive Orders all just got smacked down in court. They've handled this all wrong. Americans, by nature, will do what it takes to keep this country safe when asked. Americans, also by nature, do not like being told they HAVE to do something without whatever that is going through legislature. They should have first gotten their stories together so they aren't sending mixed messages, then focused on educating the public and appealing to people's sense of patriotism. And, they should have kept politics out of it instead of playing the constant "Gotcha" game. When it comes to "Mericans, you get more by asking that you do trying to force something. Don't believe me, ask King George.

Well said, Fauci was also saying it wasn't that bad a week or so before it really hit.

This dude is a raspy voiced little fraction of a man. Don't like him.

RE: How likely to see NFL - BrownAssClown - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, Fauci was also saying it wasn't that bad a week or so before it really hit.

This dude is a raspy voiced little fraction of a man. Don't like him.

Well, I see this thread might not last much longer. As to why Dr. Fauci  didn't suggest the public wear mask early on was because there was a shortage of mask and he wanted the frontline workers at the hospitals to have an ample supply.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Sled21 - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 02:49 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Well, I see this thread might not last much longer. As to why Dr. Fauci  didn't suggest the public wear mask early on was because their was a shortage of mask and he wanted the frontline workers at the hospitals to have an ample supply.

Right, he lied. And how many Americans got the virus following his advice. Again, Americans are big boys and girls. He could have said wear cloth masks and don't buy up the N-95 mask healthcare workers need. Instead, he made up some crap about masks increasing your likelihood that you will contract it.  The truth will set you free Tony. Blatant falsehoods just decrease your credibility.

RE: How likely to see NFL - BrownAssClown - 07-15-2020

15 down to zero.

RE: How likely to see NFL - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They screwed the pooch way back when Fauci came out and lied to people and told them not to wear masks, as they increase your likelyhood of contracting it because you will be touching you face more. Then he comes out and admits he said that just so people wouldn't hoard masks. Sorry Tony, your credibility went out the window with that one. Now people don't believe a thing you say. How many people contracted it because they were following your false advice?

So, here we are, with Governors placing "mandates" on the populace that they wear masks, and people are revolting. Here in KY, the Governor's Executive Orders all just got smacked down in court. They've handled this all wrong. Americans, by nature, will do what it takes to keep this country safe when asked. Americans, also by nature, do not like being told they HAVE to do something without whatever that is going through legislature. They should have first gotten their stories together so they aren't sending mixed messages, then focused on educating the public and appealing to people's sense of patriotism. And, they should have kept politics out of it instead of playing the constant "Gotcha" game. When it comes to "Mericans, you get more by asking that you do trying to force something. Don't believe me, ask King George.

The remarks Fauci made you’re referring to comes from a 60 Minutes interview from March 8th when there were less than 150 new cases of Covid 19 in the US per day. Fauci qualified his statement with “right now” people didn’t need to wear a mask. On July 10th, the US had over 66K new cases of Covid 19 just in one day. Do you think everyone should have worn a mask when there was less than 3 new cases per state per day?

As the situation changed so did the recommendations. People always want to ignore the “right now” qualifier when trying to make a point by misquoting Fauci and not providing the proper context. Fauci has consistently given more accurate and reliable information than the President himself every step of the way. Plus Fauci works for the guy who continues to try to down play it.

RE: How likely to see NFL - PV Bengal - 07-16-2020

(07-15-2020, 04:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The remarks Fauci made you’re referring to comes from a 60 Minutes interview from March 8th when there were less than 150 new cases of Covid 19 in the US per day. Fauci qualified his statement with “right now” people didn’t need to wear a mask.  On July 10th, the US had over 66K new cases of Covid 19 just in one day. Do you think everyone should have worn a mask when there was less than 3 new cases per state per day?

As the situation changed so did the recommendations. People always want to ignore the “right now” qualifier when trying to make a point by misquoting Fauci and not providing the proper context. Fauci has consistently given more accurate and reliable information than the President himself every step of the way. Plus Fauci works for the guy who continues to try to down play it.

The problem is that if you belong to a certain segment of the population, you wont believe Dr. Fauci because he isn't filling your ears with the same stuff his boss is filling your ears with.

Remember that the same segment of the population won't wear a mask because God will protect them from COVID yet carry a gun because that same God won't protect them from anything else.

That same segment of the population has said here on this board that Americans will do ANYTHING if "asked" but will rebel at a "mandate", yet in EVERY state where mask wearing is OPTIONAL, the incidence of mask wearing is LOW. So much for that argument.

RE: How likely to see NFL - fredtoast - 07-16-2020

(07-15-2020, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Americans, by nature, will do what it takes to keep this country safe when asked.

No they won't.

And nothing proves it more than the current "mask" situation.  

Even in the overwhelming majority of places where masks were optional the conservatives have refused to wear them for purely political reasons.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-16-2020

Our numbers have been steadily declining (according to the YT titles I see when scrolling; I don't watch the vids), but that has coincided with the mandate to wear masks in the past week and a bit as well; I wear it wherever it is mandated and so does my wife, despite her having severe asthma and weak lungs.

Granted our population is significantly smaller and we ACTUALLY LISTEN to things, but the proof is in the pudding.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Big Boss - 07-16-2020

They have a sign on the front door of my gym saying masks are required. Guess how many people are actually wearing one.

People are making this a matter of principle ("You can't tell ME what to do!"), and it's frankly childish. You're being asked to wear a paper mask when out in public. It's not hard, and it's not asking too much. Frankly, I'm finding that the anti-mask people on social media are being bigger babies about this than anyone. My buddy's cousin posted 10 different memes within an hour and has been throwing a huge piss-fit since day one. Over a mask.

The film industry is basically dead for the rest of this year, and I suspect football is going to follow. So I'm about ready to just put myself in a medically-induced coma for the next 12 months.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nately120 - 07-16-2020

Remember when the sun was going to cure this thing? Maybe Christmas will cure it.

RE: How likely to see NFL - jason - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 10:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when the sun was going to cure this thing? Maybe Christmas will cure it.

We've already been through the cold with it... Our last hope is falling leaves.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Wes Mantooth - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No they won't.

And nothing proves it more than the current "mask" situation.  

Even in the overwhelming majority of places where masks were optional the conservatives have refused to wear them for purely political reasons.

Please replace the word " the conservatives" with "idiots" and "political reasons" with "all sorts of stupid reasons".

RE: How likely to see NFL - Nately120 - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 10:20 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Please replace the word " the conservatives" with "idiots" and "political reasons" with "all sorts of stupid reasons".

Diplomacy check. 

Fwiw, I had to go three local Kroger last week to find an OTC medication for my dad. The stores were Anderson, Mt. Washington, and Cherry Grove.

Here is how they ranked (from my perspective) in "mask participation" from worst (least % wearing masks) to best (most % wearing masks):

1.) Mt Washington. Less than 50% of people wearing masks.
2.) Cherry Grove. Majority wearing masks.
3.) Anderson. Overwhleming majority wearing masks.

For those who may not know, Anderson is by far the biggest store of these three. It's also the nicest area of these three. It also probably has the most conservatives of these three. Cherry Grove and Mt. Washington are much more diverse stores.

What does this tell me? This isn't necessarily a political issue. Just because you see idiots on tv or the computer who are making it political doesn't mean that it's exclusive to them. There's also idiots who make it a conspiracy issue, and who think Bill Gates wants to use mid control via vaccines and that 5G was created by an Illuminati Wizard from the planet Meltron. There's also idiots who just don't care.

There are all sorts of idiots. Please don't make the idiocy political.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Tiger Teeth - 07-16-2020

Ah, the off-season.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Luvnit2 - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 10:42 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I had to go three local Kroger last week to find an OTC medication for my dad.  The stores were Anderson, Mt. Washington, and Cherry Grove.

Here is how they ranked (from my perspective) in "mask participation" from worst (least % wearing masks) to best (most % wearing masks):

1.) Mt Washington. Less than 50% of people wearing masks.
2.) Cherry Grove. Majority wearing masks.
3.) Anderson. Overwhleming majority wearing masks.

For those who may not know, Anderson is by far the biggest store of these three.  It's also the nicest area of these three.  It also probably has the most conservatives of these three.  Cherry Grove and Mt. Washington are much more diverse stores.

What does this tell me?  This isn't necessarily a political issue.  Just because you see idiots on tv or the computer who are making it political doesn't mean that it's exclusive to them.  There's also idiots who make it a conspiracy issue, and who think Bill Gates wants to use mid control via vaccines and that 5G was created by an Illuminati Wizard from the planet Meltron.  There's also idiots who just don't care.

There are all sorts of idiots.  Please don't make the idiocy political.

TV makes everything political. They say follow the science, but then when the science does not validate their point of view, they change the narrative. I wear a mask in public because I choose to use the old better safe than sorry. But, I have seen conflicting research on masks, including conflicting statements from Fauci on the science of masks.

I have yet to be convinced masks is the cure all. I think hygiene of washing hands, social distancing have more impact than masks, but again no science to prove it either way as I see reports both ways. Watch the July 15 Laura Ingram show and she has doctors and so called proof masks have little to no effect stopping this virus. The problem is no study has been done of 30,000 + people studying their every move with a mask or without one to verify. 

But, I will wear the mask, but will never judge others who do not wear one.

I'm very curious to see if any state laws will affect the beginning of camp. I don't understand how athletes circumvent these.

As it stands right now New York has a list 19 states that have travel restrictions when traveling from. You're to fill to fill out a form upon arrival to any airport and list where you'll be staying, and you're required to quarantine for 14 days. Non-compliance is to be met with a fine and a hearing in front of a judge, where supervised quarantine may be ordered. Other states have issued stay at home orders and similar travel bans and restrictions.

I would like to see sports return as much as the next person but I'll be extremely disappointed if somehow professional athletes are exempt from these rules. Not just because I think these orders are being made for a reason and that we need to get a handle on this, but because there is no reason they should be treated any differently than any other American.

What message does it send if all of these rules and regulations are put in place if a select few are allowed to ignore them? How can a govenor or local mayor urge their citizens to take this seriously and use all necessary precaution to only turn a blind eye to the actions of professional sports?

If you want people to take this seriously, and you've done the research, and you're making these rules in good faith then they need to apply to everyone. If the Mets or Yankees have a team fly in for a game from one of these states and they're allowed to play then that's complete b.s.

RE: How likely to see NFL - BrownAssClown - 07-16-2020

I don't know if were going to have football or not, I sure hope we do. Urban Meyer was quoted as saying he believes we are going to have fall sports, not that he's a Covid-19 expert or anything, but he does have connections inside the NCAA and NFL, so at least he's optimistic about the chances of football this fall. We're not going to be "business as usual", but right now, I'll take what I can get.

RE: How likely to see NFL - Luvnit2 - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 09:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They have a sign on the front door of my gym saying masks are required.  Guess how many people are actually wearing one.

People are making this a matter of principle ("You can't tell ME what to do!"), and it's frankly childish.  You're being asked to wear a paper mask when out in public.  It's not hard, and it's not asking too much.  Frankly, I'm finding that the anti-mask people on social media are being bigger babies about this than anyone.  My buddy's cousin posted 10 different memes within an hour and has been throwing a huge piss-fit since day one.  Over a mask.

The film industry is basically dead for the rest of this year, and I suspect football is going to follow.  So I'm about ready to just put myself in a medically-induced coma for the next 12 months.

Make sure they have a mask on you and change it every 6 to 8 hours

So I just looked into the NY "travel ban". The New York Yankees are exempt. The restrictions only apply to "regular travelers". Guess where the Yankees return from to open the season? Florida, one of the absolute worst states to travel to. Then they immediately come back to NY for a 9 game homestand.

So it's not ok for a single person to travel alone from Ohio to New York, say from a funeral, without quarantining. But it is ok for a team of probably 50+ employees return from Florida, where they'll immediately come into contact with another traveling team from DC and then again with from another from Philly?

This is absolute bs. Either this is serious or it isn't. I cannot take a politician like Cuomo seriously when he makes exemptions like this. No decision can be made in good faith when you arbitrarily apply it.