Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? (/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust)

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2020

(07-26-2020, 05:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm just thinking we should be talking about why so many jobs pay so little that an extra $600 makes it worth it.

But while that gets kicked around let's also examine the UI system of most states that aren't 21st century enough to handle the sheer volume of enrollment right now, Florida for example where they REDESIGNED the system to make it harder to collect unemployment.

And throw in that THAT makes setting a percentage of increase during a special occasion like this almost impossible so they had to settle on a flat number meaning some people made more than when they were working but man were still making less.

Kanye West received over a million dollars from the PPP. Kanye and Kim spent $1M on gold plated toilets.

No one asks why Kanye and Kim get $1M instead of pawning their gold toilets. Instead they ***** about the person working at McDonald’s who “chooses” to make $600/week temporarily in unemployment benefits by refusing to work thus making them ineligible for the unemployment benefits to begin with.

Kanye gets 32 years worth of a increased unemployment benefits and not a peep from conservatives. But, people making less than $15/hr in the food service industry get shamed because people think they can quit their job and make more in temporarily increased unemployment benefits.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 12:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kanye West received over a million dollars from the PPP. Kanye and Kim spent $1M on gold plated toilets.

No one asks why Kanye and Kim get $1M instead of pawning their gold toilets. Instead they ***** about the person working at McDonald’s who “chooses” to make $600/week temporarily in unemployment benefits by refusing to work thus making them ineligible for the unemployment benefits to begin with.

Kanye gets 32 years worth of a increased unemployment benefits and not a peep from conservatives. But, people making less than $15/hr in the food service industry get shamed because people think they can quit their job and make more in temporarily increased unemployment benefits.

Mnuchin's golf club in LA, where the who's who of Hollywood pay a quarter of a million to join, got millions. 

I wonder why Mnuchin wanted to block this kind of info until after the election. 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2020

(07-26-2020, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're right. I'll defer to your vast knowledge of KY employment law.

I'll stop trolling now and I guess this was just too hard to do:

You’re the person that provided the info absenteeism has to be for a good reason, not “I just couldn’t make it.” Otherwise, you don’t qualify for unemployment payments. Thanks for the assist.

And check this out:

(07-26-2020, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many people would be motivated to return to work; if you could make more not working:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/white-house-chief-staff-details-plan-unemployment-benefits-135624062--abc-news-topstories.html

IMO, the desire to extend this unemployment bonus while not eliminating payroll taxes is a tactic to ensure those that have a choice chose to stay home while those that have no choice must make less.

(07-26-2020, 01:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many total people are affected and the break down between who has a choice and who doesn't?

I guess it was too hard to answer my question?

And who has a choice not to go back to work? These fictitious McDonald’s workers you mistakenly think can quit their jobs to make more in unemployment benefits they’re not qualified to receive? Or these fictitious McDonald’s workers you mistakenly think can get themselves fired by claiming wearing a mask bothers them, but an occupational medicine clinic can determine there isn’t a medical reason why the can’t wear the mask and thus they won’t be eligible for the unemployment benefits, either?

Those are the people you think have a choice?

LMAO

BTW this is a coronavirus thread. Not an unemployment thread. Go derail a different thread with your trolling.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - bfine32 - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 12:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re the person that provided the info absenteeism has to be for a good reason, not “I just couldn’t make it.”  Otherwise, you don’t qualify for unemployment payments.  Thanks for the assist.

And check this out:

I guess it was too hard to answer my question?

And who has a choice not to go back to work? These fictitious McDonald’s workers you mistakenly think can quit their jobs to make more in unemployment benefits they’re not qualified to receive? Or these fictitious McDonald’s workers you mistakenly think can get themselves fired by claiming wearing a mask bothers them, but an occupational medicine clinic can determine there isn’t a medical reason why the can’t wear the mask and thus they won’t be eligible for the unemployment benefits, either?

Those are the people you think have a choice?

LMAO

BTW this is a coronavirus thread. Not an unemployment thread. Go derail a different thread with your trolling.
You're right.

My apologies for bringing a stimulus bill directed to COVID into a thread about COVID and asking a simple question that relates to it. 

(07-27-2020, 12:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mnuchin's golf club in LA, where the who's who of Hollywood pay a quarter of a million to join, got millions. 

I wonder why Mnuchin wanted to block this kind of info until after the election. 

Conservatives are too concerned about people barely above the poverty line maybe getting an extra $2.65 an hour to worry about the gubmint giving millions to billionaires.

(07-27-2020, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're right.

My apologies for bringing a stimulus bill directed to COVID into a thread about COVID and asking a simple question that relates to it. 

Oh, no feel free to continue derailing the thread and answer the question I asked over 10 hours ago.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 12:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Conservatives are too concerned about people barely above the poverty line  maybe getting an extra $2.65 an hour to worry about the gubmint giving millions to billionaires.

Yea, instead of questioning if those millions of households deserve relief, let's ask if the Soho House private clubs needed that $23 million when they got a $100m cash influx from their investors to keep their valuation the same as it was at the beginning of the year. 

(07-27-2020, 01:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, instead of questioning if those millions of households deserve relief, let's ask if the Soho House private clubs needed that $23 million when they got a $100m cash influx from their investors to keep their valuation the same as it was at the beginning of the year. 

But, if we don’t give money to the greedy they will lose their desire to be greedy.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 07-27-2020

Is America the only country that has this level of insanity?  It can't be...can it?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kansas-city-chiefs-star-practicing-173059965.html

First NFL player and only current med school grad opts out of 2020 season.

Quote:“Being at the frontline during this offseason has given me a different perspective on the pandemic and the stress it puts on individuals and our healthcare system," Duvernay-Tardif shared. "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients."

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 07-27-2020

[Image: Ed0QQHjXgAEdugk?format=png&name=medium]

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2020

Here we go . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-got-4-million-covid-210256806.html

Just another job creator getting almost $4M from the $650B PPP.

Tell me again about the McDonald’s worker quitting their job for $600 unemployment payments they aren’t eligible to receive by quitting their job.

It’s like the Republican Party has you totally fooled with their version of Three Card Monty. They got you pissed off about $600 payments while they give out millions in corporate welfare while trying to hide who receives the corporate welfare because you can’t spot the real welfare queens.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 07-28-2020

Trump had a tweet removed for passing bad information from people claiming to be doctors calling his favorite drug a "cure" for Covid and declaring you don't need masks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/twitter-removes-tweet-highlighted-trump-falsely-claiming-covid-cure-n1235075

Quote:Twitter has removed a tweet that had been retweeted by President Donald Trump that falsely said that there was a cure for the coronavirus.

Late Monday night, Trump retweeted the tweet from an account with the handle “@stella_immanuel” that said, "Covid has cure. America wake up."

Trump ditches 'new tone' on COVID-19, pushes states to reopen
[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Trump%20ditches%20%27new%20tone%27%20on%20COVID-19,%20pushes%20states%20to%20reopen&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/trump-ditches-new-tone-on-covid-19-pushes-states-to-reopen-88367173804&original_referer=https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/trump-ditches-new-tone-on-covid-19-pushes-states-to-reopen-88367173804]

Twitter soon after removed the tweet and replaced it with a gray box that says, "This Tweet is no longer available."

A cure for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, doesn't exist and scientists have been working on developing both a range of treatments as well as vaccines. They and the Trump administration are racing to have a vaccine ready by the end of the year.

Twitter said early Tuesday morning, "Tweets with the video are in violation of our COVID-19 misinformation policy."

Trump also retweeted tweets defending the use of the drug Hydroxychloroquine, including one that accused Dr. Anthony Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, of misleading the public by dismissing the drug.

"I have not been misleading the public under any circumstances," Fauci responded on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday morning when asked for his reaction to Trump's retweets.

Fauci reiterated that the "overwhelming prevailing clinical trials" that have looked at the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it's "not effective" in treating the coronavirus.

This comes as Trump has recently attempted to take a more moderate approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Twitter cracking the whip on non-elected officials who keep passing on false information about the virus.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 07-28-2020

(07-28-2020, 09:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump had a tweet removed for passing bad information from people claiming to be doctors calling his favorite drug a "cure" for Covid and declaring you don't need masks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/twitter-removes-tweet-highlighted-trump-falsely-claiming-covid-cure-n1235075

(07-28-2020, 10:34 AM)GMDino Wrote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

"Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches"

"She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 07-28-2020

This was a month-and-a-half ago. Why are we still debating this?

(07-28-2020, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was a month-and-a-half ago. Why are we still debating this?

My best guess is that someone owns a lot of stock in companies pushing that drug.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 07-28-2020

(07-28-2020, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This was a month-and-a-half ago. Why are we still debating this?

Because science takes a back-seat to what people want to believe and want to hear?

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - NATI BENGALS - 07-28-2020

(07-28-2020, 10:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

"Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches"

"She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wow. I can’t wait for that religion vaccine