Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? (/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust)

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 10-29-2020

Let me go ahead and add this here. In March Fauci predicted 100k-200k dead, CDC modeled WORST CASE was 200k dead, by the end of the year and millions infected. We were told by the administration, and some media outlets, this was fear-mongering and "doom and gloom". We are now about to enter November at 230k dead, meaning those estimates were UNDER stating how bad it was. Now similarly credible people are telling us if we don't do something different, by February we could be looking at 500k dead.

Who to trust is apparent, trust scientist.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you just stick your head in the ground all problems will disappear.

Brilliant logic.

LalalaLalalaLalalaLalalaLalalaLalalaLalalaLalalaLalala

Except that is not want i'm doing.

Conversely, panicking, fearmongering, saying "dark winter", more lockdowns, keeping kids out of school and having a generally crappy, dark and gloomy outlook for the future won't make it disappear either.

I choose living and being positive.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 02:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Except that is not want i'm doing.

Conversely, panicking, fearmongering, saying "dark winter", more lockdowns, keeping kids out of school and having a generally crappy, dark and gloomy outlook for the future won't make it disappear either.

I choose living and being positive.

I still think Biden is being more positive than Trump when you boil down the campaign bluster to the basic forms.  But both parties make hay on fear and division, that's for sure. 

I mean can't we just be positive and not dwell on the red flags of both candidates?  

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: 228k to date and no end in sight is not enough to incite panic? We literally changed the way Americans traveled costing trillions of dollars in airport security upgrades after 9/11 for 3k deaths. We spent a decade at war with "terrorism" because of those 3k people, costing trillions for that as well. Why does it take millions of Americans to die to react? It has never taken millions of deaths in the past when the response didn't require the average American people to do anything, the difference here is it is asking average people to be slightly inconvenienced. 

You again mention that it isn't affecting young to old which seems to insinuate that because it is contained to the old it is less of an issue.

This is exactly what I was talking about. How dare people forgo a chance to eat dinner together to potentially help slow down the spread of a pandemic that has killed 228k people. Americans can not get beyond their own inconvenience to do what they need to in order to move forward.

ALL LIVES MATTER* **

*Except the elderly. **** them.
**And pre-existing conditions. **** them, too.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ALL LIVES MATTER* **

*Except the elderly. **** them.
**And pre-existing conditions. **** them, too.

Those are all great sound bites, except for the problem of I never said that.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - bfine32 - 10-29-2020

I'm sure each and every one of us if glad to see the economy rebounding so strongly:
https://news.yahoo.com/blowout-us-gdp-report-obscures-140236130.html

(10-29-2020, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure each and every one of us if glad to see the economy rebounding so strongly: https://news.yahoo.com/blowout-us-gdp-report-obscures-140236130.html

I'm not sure what you're getting at here given the content of the article.

(10-29-2020, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure what you're getting at here given the content of the article.

Yeah, the context of the article was the point. The 3rd quarter number released today were great news and show an economy that is rebounding, no one can deny that. So folks have to look for the gray cloud in front of the silver lining and go with a but....

I'll bet this time next week it will be much more of an indicator of optimism. 

(10-29-2020, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, the context of the article was the point. The 3rd quarter number released today were great news, no one can deny that. So they have to go with a but....

I'll bet this time next week it will be much more of an indicator of optimism. 

So you're saying our artificially-inflated, counterfeiting-bolstered, and future generation-punishing economic practices are suddenly going to look all roses as soon as Biden's wrinkled arse hits the oval office chair?  Yeah, I can see that.

(10-29-2020, 10:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you're saying our artificially-inflated, counterfeiting-bolstered, and future generation-punishing economic practices are suddenly going to look all roses as soon as Biden's wrinkled arse hits the oval office chair?  Yeah, I can see that
No, I doubt you can. 

(10-29-2020, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, I doubt you can. 

What can't I see?  Spell it out for me here.  

(10-29-2020, 10:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What can't I see?  Spell it out for me here.  

I'll show you in a week. Just remember that right now everybody is looking for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining of this economic rebound

(10-29-2020, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll show you in a week. Just remember that right now everybody is looking for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining of this economic rebound

I assure you if Biden wins at least 41% of people are going to be convinced America has immediately become a third world country and at least one major news network that wants to get its grubby mitts on their assets (dwindling or otherwise) is going to tell them how right they are.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 10:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you're saying our artificially-inflated, counterfeiting-bolstered, and future generation-punishing economic practices are suddenly going to look all roses as soon as Biden's wrinkled arse hits the oval office chair?  Yeah, I can see that.

That’s good news. Now if politicians can stop politicizing public health measures like wearing a face covering and promote other strategies to reduce the spread of Covid instead of international down playing it maybe we can avoid further lockdowns like the one they caused in the spring with their poor leadership.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - NATI BENGALS - 10-30-2020

(10-29-2020, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure each and every one of us if glad to see the economy rebounding so strongly:

Wow so adding 3 trillion to the deficit propped up the economy for a quarter and now we are buying how great trumps economy is again. Neat!!

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - NATI BENGALS - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 12:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow so adding 3 trillion to the deficit propped up the economy for a quarter and now we are buying how great trumps economy is again. Neat!!

I’m just glad the fiscally conservative Republicans are showing up again after 4 years just in time for record high levels of virus spread. I know us bum ass lower and middle class Americans are still struggling and our grocery bills obviously indicate a burden that impacts the working class more so than the wealthy.

But Mitch did the right thing to shut down any further help for those struggling. We could have new leadership soon so we want to make life as miserable as possible so we can blame our political opponents. Standard gop stuff

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 12:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m just glad the fiscally conservative Republicans are showing up again after 4 years just in time for record high levels of virus spread. I know us bum ass lower and middle class Americans are still struggling and our grocery bills obviously indicate a burden that impacts the working class more so than the wealthy.

But Mitch did the right thing to shut down any further help for those struggling. We could have new leadership soon so we want to make life as miserable as possible so we can blame our political opponents. Standard gop stuff

Cases up , deaths trending down.  Standard dark winter, fearmongering stuff.

Pelosi just said no to 2T.  Standard Dem stuff.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 08:39 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Cases up , deaths trending down.  Standard dark winter, fearmongering stuff.

Pelosi just said no to 2T.  Standard Dem stuff.

Less people dying is good, but we still don't know how covid affects people long term and more cases means more medical bills and medical bills tend to haunt people in this country. 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 10-30-2020

(10-29-2020, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure what you're getting at here given the content of the article.

(10-29-2020, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll show you in a week. Just remember that right now everybody is looking for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining of this economic rebound

So the proof is right behind Trump's Healthcare plan?  Cool.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - fredtoast - 10-30-2020

(10-29-2020, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure each and every one of us if glad to see the economy rebounding so strongly:

Read and learn

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Politics-and-economics

This is what happens when the government borrows $2.2 trillion and pumps it into the economy.  Bragging about this growth in GDP is like borrowing a million dollars and bragging about being a millionaire.