Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? (/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust)

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 12-30-2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/29/politics/luke-letlow-died-covid/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3lFAl2KI2n5eUXJwqDF88R6SXXsVQwNJe3fDAfbW-08NedCMT4zuMUEzE

Congressman elect Luke Letlow of LA 5th has died of covid 11 days after announcing that he tested positive. He had just won the run off 6 days prior to that. He was only 41 years old and leaves behind a wife and two kids. I cannot even imagine what that family is going through after this year and a campaign.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 12:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Breaking news:  Jim Jordan is an uneducated partisan hack.

https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-founding-fathers/?fbclid=IwAR3tKYNMcAiWA2K5ufLkpa3AjZbIryRnIWlvK3yQTIm2JwPjgIM8T4f3Bnk

I guess he cared as little about history class as he did about the sexual abuse of those wrestlers. 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 12-30-2020

Maryann died. Now it’s real.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maryann died. Now it’s real.

82 years old and still looked great.  She was interacting with her fans on FB just a couple weeks ago.

To be fair Trump never had a plan other than to take credit for the vaccine.  

Honestly this group may be the worst I've seen in my lifetime when it comes to planning for anything other than political rallies and grifting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/current-rate-it-ll-be-10-years-americans-adequately-vaccinated-n1252486?cid=eml_nbn_20201229

Quote:Operation Warp Speed at a crawl: Adequately vaccinating Americans will take 10 years at current pace
In other coronavirus news: Vice President-elect Kamala Harris got her shot; the pandemic has left many Americans "stuck in time."

[Image: 201229-us-vaccine-se-220p_9013f5cd151d14...t-760w.jpg]
A health care worker prepares to administer a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine to the residents of a nursing home in Miami on Tuesday.Eva Marie Uzcategui / Bloomberg via Getty Images

[color=var(--gray-100)][color=var(--gray-80)]Dec. 29, 2020, 3:42 PM EST / Updated Dec. 29, 2020, 10:24 PM EST
By Joe Murphy and Corky Siemaszko
[/color]
[/color]
[color=var(--gray-100)]
The Trump administration's Covid-19 vaccine distribution program needs a major shot in the arm because at the current rate, it would take almost 10 years to inoculate enough Americans to get the pandemic under control, a jarring new NBC News analysis showed Tuesday.
[/color]
[color=var(--gray-100)]
The goal of Operation Warp Speed, a private-public partnership led by Vice President Mike Pence to produce and deliver safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines to the public, is to ensure that 80 percent of the country's 330.7 million people get the shots by late June.

To meet that goal, a little more than 3 million people would have to get the shots each day, the math shows.
[Image: n_mitchell_brk_vaccine_goal_201229_1920x...60x428.jpg]

U.S. falling short of goal to vaccinate 20 million people by end of year
DEC. 29, 202001:33

[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=U.S.%20falling%20short%20of%20goal%20to%20vaccinate%2020%20million%20people%20by%20end%20of%20year&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/u-s-falling-short-of-goal-to-vaccinate-20-million-people-by-end-of-year-98546757695&original_referer=https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/u-s-falling-short-of-goal-to-vaccinate-20-million-people-by-end-of-year-98546757695]

But so far, only about 2 million people — most of them front-line health care workers and some nursing home residents — have gotten their first shots of the 11.5 million doses that were delivered in the last two weeks, a review by NBC News of data from federal and state agencies showed.
[/color]
[color=var(--gray-100)]
"I don't think we're going to be able to distribute the 20 million doses that were promised" this year, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration under President Donald Trump and a Pfizer board member, said Tuesday on CNBC.
[/color]

[/url]In other coronavirus developments:
  • Vice President-elect Kamala Harris got Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine Tuesday, a little over a week after President-elect Joe Biden got his first dose. "That was easy," a masked Harris said before laughing. "I barely felt it."
  • The pandemic dashed the dreams of millions of Americans and has left many more "stuck in time," an NBC News report found.
  • Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., shot down a bid by Democrats to boost Covid-19 relief checks from $600 to $2,000.
  • The first U.S. case of the Covid-19 variant that’s been seen in the United Kingdom has been discovered in Colorado, Gov. Jared Polis announced.
  • Russia's death toll from the coronavirus could be three times higher than has been reported, recently released statistics suggest.
  • HIV-positive people were initially excluded from the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine trials.
  • Rapper Lil Pump was banned for life from JetBlue after he refused to don a mask during a flight Sunday from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to Los Angeles.
  • A tearful plea by California nurse Gayana Chuklansev for people to "stop being careless" during the pandemic has gone viral on TikTok.
  • Vaccinations were underway at the Holyoke Soldiers Home, a nursing home in western Massachusetts where dozens of veterans died of Covid-19 this year starting in March.

"Georgia, for example just started vaccinating nursing homes yesterday, and the vaccine has been on the market, right now — been authorized for almost three weeks," Gottlieb said. "So we're late getting into some of these facilities."

But once people start getting the first shot, he said, "you will start to see an impact on the most vulnerable population, I think, soon."
The data, said Gottlieb, who ran the FDA from 2017 until 2019, show that the vaccine "is partially protective after the first dose."

"We don't know exactly what the magnitude of that protection is and how long it lasts," he said. "But there is evidence that there's partial protection after the first dose."
[Image: 201229-kamala-harris-vaccine-jm-1107_35a...t-760w.jpg]
Vice President-elect Kamala Harris gets a dose of the Moderna Covid19 vaccine at United Medical Center in Washington on Tuesday.Leah Millis / Reuters

Later Tuesday, Biden blasted the Trump administration for "falling short" on how quickly people are being vaccinated.

"We are grateful to the companies, doctors, scientists, researchers and clinical trial participants and Operation Warp Speed for developing the vaccines quickly," he said. "But as I long feared and warned, the effort to distribute and administer the vaccine is not progressing as it should."

[Image: n_msnbc_brk_biden_vaccinations_201229_19...60x428.jpg]

Biden warns effort to distribute vaccines 'not progressing as it should'
DEC. 29, 202002:17

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Biden%20warns%20effort%20to%20distribute%20vaccines%20%27not%20progressing%20as%20it%20should%27&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/biden-warns-effort-to-distribute-vaccines-not-progressing-as-it-should-98556485509&original_referer=https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/biden-warns-effort-to-distribute-vaccines-not-progressing-as-it-should-98556485509]

A short time later, Trump tweeted that it is "up to the States to distribute the vaccines" and repeated the false claim that Biden "failed with the Swine Flu."

"Nearly 20 million first doses have been allocated to States for immediate delivery and administration at their direction, and this process is progressing rapidly," the White House said in a statement Tuesday night. "Hundreds of millions of doses have been secured to be delivered over the months to come."

"The President has used the Defense Production Act 18 times in connection with Operation Warp Speed and will continue to employ it wherever possible to accelerate vaccine manufacturing and save lives," the statement said.

Dr. Celine Gounder, a member of Biden's Covid-19 advisory board, and Dr. Ashish Jha, the dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, have warned that the U.S. will come up far short of projections by Trump administration officials that every person who wants a shot would be able to get one by the spring.

Pence, who got 
his first shot this month, is on vacation in Colorado. In a statement, Operation Warp Speed spokesman Michael Pratt insisted that "there is an expected lag between shots going into arms and the data being reported."

Trump, who for months downplayed the danger of the pandemic, which has infected more than 19.4 million people and 
claimed more than 336,000 lives in the U.S., vowed in September that 100 million doses would be shipped out by the end of the year.

But in December, when the first doses were delivered, Operation Warp Speed's top scientist, Dr. Moncef Slaoui, 
cut the projection to 20 million.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government's leading epidemiologist, told CNN on Tuesday, "Well, we certainly are not at the numbers that we wanted to be at the end of December."

The Trump administration's Covid-19 testing czar, Dr. Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary of health and human services for health, told NBC News' Andrea Mitchell on Tuesday that the reported 2 million shots given already is "an underestimate."

But he agreed that the government won't meet the goal of inoculating 20 million people before the New Year.

"Again, we were over the Christmas break last week, even for hospitals that slows things down," he said. "And it's only 15 days since the first vaccines were given."

That having been said, more vaccines are getting to more people, Giroir said.

"We want to do it faster," he said. "I'd love to have everybody vaccinated by now. We'll have another 30 million doses in January, another 50 million doses in February, and that's going to add up pretty quickly into impact, particularly in our vulnerable communities.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maryann died. Now it’s real.

So Ginger is the last member of the SS Minnow standing? 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - jason - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 12:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Breaking news:  Jim Jordan is an uneducated partisan hack.

https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-founding-fathers/?fbclid=IwAR3tKYNMcAiWA2K5ufLkpa3AjZbIryRnIWlvK3yQTIm2JwPjgIM8T4f3Bnk

So Jordan's district makes up the countryside and redneck small towns sorta north northeast of Dayton Ohio... I'm sure it's bigger than that, but that's where I see his signs nestled behind 7 -10 Trump/ Pence signs in people's yards... Those are mostly still there.

Anyway... Back during the election season the ad he was running showed him riding an exercise bike while watching images of shit burning and statues being toppled... All the while shaking his head. Just thought I'd share.

Also... The state representative from the same district wondered aloud this past spring if the coronavirus wasn't affecting black folks at a higher rate because they don't wash their hands very well.

(12-30-2020, 10:01 PM)jason Wrote: So Jordan's district makes up the countryside and redneck small towns sorta north northeast of Dayton Ohio... I'm sure it's bigger than that, but that's where I see his signs nestled behind 7 -10 Trump/ Pence signs in people's yards... Those are mostly still there.

Anyway... Back during the election season the ad he was running showed him riding an exercise bike while watching images of shit burning and statues being toppled... All the while shaking his head. Just thought I'd share.

Also... The state representative from the same district wondered aloud this past spring if the coronavirus wasn't affecting black folks at a higher rate because they don't wash their hands very well.

His district is almost as ridiculous as Crenshaw's is in Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio%27s_4th_congressional_district

I can't find that ad...maybe it's with his report on the sexual assault he was told about and didn't DO anything about?

And you can't spell Racism with out ®-OH!  Or IN.  Or MS.  Or AL. Or...well....   Ninja

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - jason - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: His district is almost as ridiculous as Crenshaw's is in Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio%27s_4th_congressional_district

I can't find that ad...maybe it's with his report on the sexual assault he was told about and didn't DO anything about?

And you can't spell Racism with out ®-OH!  Or IN.  Or MS.  Or AL. Or...well....   Ninja

Yeah... I had no idea the district stretched all the way to Cleveland. I don't see anything wrong with that.... I guess.

The state rep. I was referring to was from way down 20 minutes north of Dayton.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So Ginger is the last member of the SS Minnow standing? 

I would say that’s correct. Without looking it up it seems I know some had died and remember the rest dying.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 11:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say that’s correct. Without looking it up it seems I know some had died and remember the rest dying.

I remember playing Gilligan's Island on the nintendo, what a pile of crap that game was.  You were the Skipper and Gilligan followed you everywhere.  The Skipper could punch, but he couldn't beat the hell out of Gilligan, which actually would have made the game fun.

[Image: gorilla.gif?resize=320%2C277&ssl=1]

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 12-31-2020

So many threads this could have gone into but let's leave it in this one because of badly he has handled the entire pandemic.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 12-31-2020

Trump, as only Trump can...will lie until the end.

2% of the promised 100 million does in the US have been distributed because of a lack of planning too.

Still it's nice of him to concede.

Just kidding.  This is just for him to claim he should be praised for one thing while ignoring all the things he was an utter failure at.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 01-04-2021

I have a question. Why is a vaccine more reliable than having had it? They say we don’t know that having had it protects you for very long. Why do the vaccine anti-bodies, I’m assuming, last longer? Or why are they sure about the vaccine anti-bodies and not sure about the anti-bodies produced from having it?

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have a question. Why is a vaccine more reliable than having had it?  They say we don’t know that having had it protects you for very long. Why do the vaccine anti-bodies, I’m assuming, last longer?  Or why are they sure about the vaccine anti-bodies and not sure about the anti-bodies produced from having it?

If I read it all correctly the vaccine actually teaches the body what to fight via RNA vs antibodies that may or may not protect the body for one to three months.  TBH I don't thing we know if the vaccine will last a life time or need a booster every so often either.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I read it all correctly the vaccine actually teaches the body what to fight via RNA vs antibodies that may or may not protect the body for one to three months.  TBH I don't thing we know if the vaccine will last a life time or need a booster every so often either.

Cool. Thank you. Just assumed it was the regular dead virus thing.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Cool. Thank you. Just assumed it was the regular dead virus thing.

Again I'm hoping a remembered this correctly but I don't think it is that at all.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I read it all correctly the vaccine actually teaches the body what to fight via RNA vs antibodies that may or may not protect the body for one to three months.  TBH I don't thing we know if the vaccine will last a life time or need a booster every so often either.

You are correct. And it is highly likely that this will become a regular vaccine. Possibly yearly like influenza. This is especially true if we continue to see new strains.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You are correct. And it is highly likely that this will become a regular vaccine. Possibly yearly like influenza. This is especially true if we continue to see new strains.

I'm going to assume the people who insist the vaccine is a means to put a Microsoft chip into people are going to refer to these as "yearly software updates."

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BrownAssClown - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again I'm hoping a remembered this correctly but I don't think it is that at all.

My niece, who is no expert but does have her Masters in nursing, has told me that the Covid vaccine would most likely have to be given every year here on out. The good news I guess is at least the Covid and Flu Vaccine would be available as a combination booster shot. One shot would protect against both, as least this is what she's being told. She also has said health care professionals have to get 4 boosters the first year, 1 every 3 months. She's taking the year off to watch her baby but this is what she's been told by the other doctors and nurses at Miami Valley where she works. I would like to hear IntotheJimBreach chime in on this to see what he knows about it.