Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 03:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Getting rid of fracking would kill a lot of states. North Dakota benefits greatly from fracking. They fund free college education because of their fracking. A big portion of their jobs and economy is fracking.

Estate taxes hurt farmers, because farms mostly stay in a family. Farms don't make much money, but the land is worth a lot. So when a farm is given to a descendent the land might be worth hundred of thousands of dollars (maybe even millions), but because farmers don't make very much at all they can't afford to keep it. I don't really oppose all estate tax in the most part, but when it comes to farmers (who don't make much) have to pay TONS for property that's already paid off by there family is pretty ridiculous.

The 2015 Obama "Clean water act" update hurt farmers because it made streams federal property and made it hard to use the streams on their property to irrigate their crops and supply water to their cattle. Sure, that would help people in big cities by claiming all streams as federal property, but it doesn't help farmers at all.

You can't govern all of America the same, because we have different problems. One solution in one area could cause a big problem in another. That's why each state needs a voice. That's why each state votes for who they want to elect. That's why popular vote isn't the best option in our massive country. It might work in other smaller countries (like European countries that are the size of a state, and all of Europe is just barely bigger than the USA), but this is a big country with a lot of different problems.

I’m just going to focus on one of those issues. When it comes to resource allocation someone needs to have a 5000 foot view to determine the most equitable use to all those affected.

The farming industry in Georgia and Alabama along the Chattahoochee River have had a significantly deleterious affect upon the shellfish industry in Florida. People upstream can’t do whatever they want with water resources without regard for people downstream. The oystermen in Florida can’t vote for Georgia or Alabama to stop diverting water to irrigate the farms to save the oyster beds in the Gulf of Mexico. So who has the jurisdiction to regulate something like that if not the federal government? That’s not even a rural versus urban issue. But, urban areas have rights to water as much as rural areas and vice versa.

RE: 2020 Election - Bengalholic - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: McConnell, IMHO, never liked or cared about Trump.  Trump was just another tool for Mitch to use to control things.  So now he'll move along.

The more I think about it Mitch probably used Trump like Trump uses everyone else and it might be the first time it ever happened to DJT.

I think that's true about McConnell, but it didn't stop him from publicly defending Trump's actions and rhetoric over the past 4 years. It's hard to give him any credit for simply being opportunistic in calling Trump out when he knows he's lost.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think that's true about McConnell, but it didn't stop him from publicly defending Trump's actions and rhetoric over the past 4 years. It's hard to give him any credit for simply being opportunistic in calling Trump out when he knows he's lost.

McConnell has disagreed with Trump numerous times in the last 4 years. The most recent example is stimulous. Firing Gorsuch and Syrian withdraw also come to mind.

(11-06-2020, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: The party never believed in him and never liked him but preferred an "R" in the Whitehouse over the alternative. In reality, the Trumps will grift as always and be a thorn in the side of the party in the coming years trying to whip their base up to go after Republicans they don't like in an attempt to get back at them. 

They (Republican politicians) sold their souls and they will pay for it. When you F with crazy, crazy F's you back.

Yep, look no farther than people like Cruz, Graham and Conway. They all called Trump for what he really is before he became the nominee. Once he did, they buried their heads up his ass as far as they could and became among his biggest defenders.

RE: 2020 Election - Dill - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: https://www.businessinsider.com/newt-gingrich-asks-attorney-general-bill-barr-arrest-poll-workers-2020-11

Citing zero evidence, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich asks Attorney General Bill Barr to send federal agents to arrest election workers in Pennsylvania

I say we try them without evidence too.

We know they're guilty.

Lock them up and move on!  Wink

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 11-06-2020

Trump's lawyers are making a crapload of money filing all these lawsuits they keep losing.

And now we've gone down another tangent.

(11-06-2020, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: McConnell has disagreed with Trump numerous times in the last 4 years. The most recent example is stimulous. Firing Gorsuch and Syrian withdraw also come to mind.

Yeah, I never said he didn't. I only stated that he's also defended Trump's rhetoric on may occasions over the past 4 years. Graham had parted ways with Trump on occasion as well, but like McConnell, he's defended his nonsense much more often than not.

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 04:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol I guess most farmers shouldn't have a farm. That's pretty ridiculous. I would agree if farmers actually made some money, but I guess it's great to kill the people that feed the country. That makes you seem pretty insane honestly.

The only "insanity" is saying that farmers can not survive when given millions of dollars worth of farmland for free when there are some farmers who actually BUY THEIR OWN and make money off of it.

Who told you that farmers don't make money?  I know lots of farmers who make lots of money.  The claim the "farmers don't make money" is BS.

Any farmer who says he will go broke if he gets a $6 million dollar farm for $400K does not deserve to have a farm.

(11-06-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only "insanity" is saying that farmers can not survive when given millions of dollars worth of farmland for free when there are some farmers who actually BUY THEIR OWN and make money off of it.

Who told you that farmers don't make money?  I know lots of farmers who make lots of money.  The claim the "farmers don't make money" is BS.

Any farmer who says he will go broke if he gets a $6 million dollar farm for $400K does not deserve to have a farm.

They also don't deserve to have a more powerful vote, but we already went through that part of the discussion. 

(11-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I never said he didn't. I only stated that he's also defended Trump's rhetoric on may occasions over the past 4 years. Graham had parted ways with Trump on occasion as well, but like McConnell, he's defended his nonsense much more often than not.

We'll just have to see how often Shumer calls out Biden 

(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll just have to see how often Shumer calls out Biden 

I'm not a fan of Chuck's either.  

RE: 2020 Election - NATI BENGALS - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll just have to see how often Shumer calls out Biden 

Shumer IDK. But I know he is going to piss off many on the left with his desire to work with Republicans.

He doesn’t like broken divided government and tries to get people to work together.

(11-06-2020, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair reply, but I'll go with Mitch always reminded Trump where the true power lies. 

When Trump first hinted at non-peaceful transition McConnell told him that ain't happening before the first vote was cast.

Of course politicians are going to look for the closest life preserver.  

Yep.

So apparently the PA GOP is requesting SCOTUS to make sure the late-arriving ballots are segregated until further review. The Secretary of State has already ordered them to be segregated and the GOP even states they have no proof they aren't being segregated at this time but just want to make sure. At what point can we go after the campaign for these frivolous lawsuits and the taxpayer money they waste?

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think that's true about McConnell, but it didn't stop him from publicly defending Trump's actions and rhetoric over the past 4 years. It's hard to give him any credit for simply being opportunistic in calling Trump out when he knows he's lost.

Of course he defended him...he had the power.

McConnell is an awful shell of what was once a human being.

Ken Starr, on FOX:

http://www.businessworld.in/article/Pennsylvania-conducted-in-horrible-lawless-way-Trump-quotes-counsel/07-11-2020-340159/

Quote:US President Donald Trump on Friday quoted independent counsel Ken Starr, who stated that the state of Pennsylvania had conducted itself in a "horrible lawless way", which would hopefully be corrected at the Supreme Court.

Starr had opined that Governor Wolf and the State Supreme Court had flagrantly violated the US Constitution.
"This is what we know. We have to go back to the state level and how this morass came to be in the first instance. The Governor, Wolf, and the State Supreme Court, flagrantly violated the Constitution of the U.S. The power to set these rules and regulations is vested in the....Legislature. They just ignored that, ignored the Constitution. Now we bring it down to the counting houses, and outrageously, observers, who are the sentinels of integrity & transparency, were excluded. Pennsylvania has conducted itself in a horrible lawless way, and...." Trump posted Starr's opinion on Twitter.

Starr had also defended Trump, saying that the late ballots past the Election Day were illegal.

"...hopefully this will be corrected at the Supreme Court of the United States. Also, these late ballots past Election Day are illegal, exactly what the President has been saying. The Supreme Court, in extraordinary circumstances,........has been able to render decisions in a matter of days." Ken Starr, former Independent Counsel @Varneyco," he said in a subsequent tweet.

I found a few of the tweets but the quotes are easier to share.

RE: 2020 Election - Millhouse - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: So apparently the PA GOP is requesting SCOTUS to make sure the late-arriving ballots are segregated until further review. The Secretary of State has already ordered them to be segregated and the GOP even states they have no proof they aren't being segregated at this time but just want to make sure. At what point can we go after the campaign for these frivolous lawsuits and the taxpayer money they waste?

Just wish Arizona and Nevada will call it as soon as possible so it can be over, and there is no need for a PA or GA mess.

I'm listening to FOX and someone on there now is repeated the line "we aren't allowed in there" and I still don't know what he means.  There are observers from both parties in the room where the counting is going on.  Two of the states are ran by the GOP.  

I assume this is just for the base to get riled up but why would people believe it?

They also played a clip of Trump saying that he and Biden are both "claiming" states but he thinks in the end the courts will determine who won.

RE: 2020 Election - Brownshoe - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only "insanity" is saying that farmers can not survive when given millions of dollars worth of farmland for free when there are some farmers who actually BUY THEIR OWN and make money off of it.

That's because farmers aren't having record bankruptcies. They increase all of the time. The country is losing massive amounts of farmers. I guess we just want a walmart type system for farmers. Just a couple of giant farms and no little ones.

Its hilarious that you say that the people that I know is anecdotal, but when it comes to the farmers you know they're all making lots of money.

Yes, it's insane that people pay for their farm. Pay taxes for it and then their kids have to do it all over again. It would be different if it went by the profits that the farm makes instead of the price the bank puts on the land. This is why there's less and less farmers.