Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Anarumo has GOT to go - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Anarumo has GOT to go (/Thread-Anarumo-has-GOT-to-go)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Anarumo has GOT to go - Devils Advocate - 09-19-2020

Idk what everyone’s saying (didn’t read the thread). Yeah they’re still getting gashed in the run but I’ve seen improvements (even against the run). Definitely stout on fourth downs. I’m not giving up on them just yet. Tough job playing Thursday night after Sunday with a new defense basically. Browns were hungry and facing some turmoil- they answered the call. We’re ‘rebuilding’ but with promise. It was a tough game so this unit still has potential in my opinion.

RE: Anarumo has GOT to go - McC - 09-19-2020

(09-18-2020, 01:20 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: This guy is awful. Does he have some kind of blackmail on ZT or what?? Get this guy out of here! He's had like 3 games the past 2 season where the defense had a halfway decent performance. Thats not gonna cut it. Its time for his sorry ass to go. This is unreal. He should have been fired after the season last year. This is a no brainer. Pathetic performance once again. Terrible gameplan. If we could have stopped the Browns on just two of there drives we might have won the game. That was flat out embarrassing by Anarumo. Fire him now so we can give ourselves some hope for the rest of the season PLEASE.

Was it scheme or piss poor execution?  Is it the DC's fault if there are defenders at the point of attack missing tackles?  Is it the DC's fault that our best CB bites on a poorly executed double move and gives up a long TD?  Is it the DC's fault the DE's couldn't hold the edge, which was where the Browns got all their big runs or make tackles they were in position to  make?  Is it the DC's fault that defenders can't stay home on naked bootlegs?

I'm not saying Lou is doing a great job or anything like it. I'm just saying it's hard to assess the game plan or schemes if the on the field execution is so piss poor.

RE: Anarumo has GOT to go - chopperbobby - 09-20-2020

Can’t stop the run.
Can’t cover receiver with out grabbing a handful of jersey.
No pressure on the QB. Where is this great pass rush?
Just for sh&ts and grinds our O line is a speed bump at best.
Mixon fumbles. Just kidding he is great rarely ever happens. But even Joe gets bungled

Who Dey the season can only go up from here. Although it is feeling like the 90’s again.

Lou Anarumo - uticabengalfan - 09-23-2020

How long is his leash? Defense has been a joke since he arrived

RE: Lou Anarumo - Big Boss - 09-23-2020

Barring a miraculous turnaround, he's gone by the end of the season God willing.

RE: Lou Anarumo - fredtoast - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:44 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: How long is his leash? Defense has been a joke since he arrived

Defense was a joke BEFORE he arrived.

But with all the help he got in free agency if he does not show a BIG improvement this year he has to go.

Anyone think Marvin would come back as DC?

RE: Lou Anarumo - J24 - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone think Marvin would come back as DC?

I think he could come back as head coach but not as DC.

(09-23-2020, 12:58 PM)J24 Wrote: I think he could come back as head coach but not as DC.

He will not get another shot as a head coach in the NFL.

RE: Lou Anarumo - Wes Mantooth - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone think Marvin would come back as DC?

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Lou Anarumo - CorpusChristiBengal - 09-23-2020

I doubt it. I could see getting Edwards, Zimmer's old DC, or maybe Fewell. Imagine the hit to your pride coming back as a coordinator, especially when many fans were speculating he would promoted to GM when he got fired. If he comes back to the NFL it would not be with the Bengals.
Speaking of Zim, if he gets fired from Minny this year, would y'all want him?

RE: Lou Anarumo - Sled21 - 09-23-2020

His defense was not that bad against the Chargers, and held them to 16 points. A defense holding a team to 16 points ought to equal a win in today's NFL. They had a poor showing 4 days later against Cleveland, but lost both starting DT's before the game. I'm willing to give them a few more games before I write this defense off.

(09-23-2020, 01:06 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote:  If he comes back to the NFL it would not be with the Bengals.

Bengals are kind of known for bring back guys that left.

And lots of former head coaches get jobs as coordinators.

RE: Lou Anarumo - J24 - 09-23-2020

The Defense played well to finish off the season last year.
21 Sacks last 7 games, last 6 Games of the year held QBs under 60% completion, and held 3 opponents under 20 points in the last seven games.

If we're being fair to Lou he has done a much better job on the Defense then Taylor has with the offense. While that isn't saying much it's true. If Lou goes then Taylor has to go first. Also if Taylor goes then Duke absolutely has to go.

This narrative on Lou is outrageously unfair.
1.) The Defense played great week 1 and gave this team a chance to win the game. It's not their fault that the Offense put up only 13 points. It's not their fault that Burrow and Mixon turned the ball over in the 4th Quarter ( which only lead to 3 points because of the Defense) and Bullock missed a chippy FG.
2.) The Defense was playing on a short week against a tough Browns rushing attack. A attack the week before that put up a 132 yards on 23 carries against the Ravens. So playing them on 3 days rest was going to be a tough challenge. Especially when you take away a HOF player like Geno away from the unit.

RE: Lou Anarumo - KillerGoose - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His defense was not that bad against the Chargers, and held them to 16 points. A defense holding a team to 16 points ought to equal a win in today's NFL. They had a poor showing 4 days later against Cleveland, but lost both starting DT's before the game. I'm willing to give them a few more games before I write this defense off.

I think that had to do with Taylor. Tyrod isn’t a BAD QB, but he certainly isn’t a good QB. San Diego ran at will on us.

RE: Lou Anarumo - jj22 - 09-23-2020

Now wait a minute. We were just praising him after week 1. It's a little different looking at the DC. Our players have been in the right place, they just can't tackle. So he's called the right calls, and have the players in the right spot. How much is the failure on him or our players?

I agree with those who say he has this year. If this year goes bad, then we have to clean house with the assistant coaches.

RE: Lou Anarumo - CJD - 09-23-2020

Against San Diego, our defense looked actively good. Sure, it was a Tyrod Taylor offense, but we still had command of the game on defense and controlled some really good playmakers like Ekeler, Williams, Allen and Henry. They got a few good gains, but they were not the norm. And the one drive they got a touchdown on, Reader was out with an injury. WJIII and Bates looked especially good.

I remember coming out of that game feeling pretty good about our defense, but hesitant due to the whole...it being Tyrod Taylor.

Then, on 4 days rest, they went against a team that everyone has been predicting will explode for the last 2 years. They have an insane number of playmakers on the Browns offense with two of the best running backs in the game on the same team.

Sure, they looked bad. Really bad. But there were other factors. It was a short week, coming into playing a vastly more talented team with an elite running game and being down 2 DTs, making guys like Christian Covington and Freedom Akinmoladun see significant snaps throughout the game. Once Cleveland was ahead, they were able to abuse our injured Dline to take the pressure off of Mayfield and drain the clock.

I think the Eagles game will be a very good test for this defense. They don't have an elite running back or Oline. They don't have elite WRs or, really, even an elite QB at this point. At least he hasn't shown it in a year or two.

If this defense helps the Eagles offense "come alive" like they did the Browns offense, then maybe we'll start talking about the defense being a problem. But, as of now, we're talking about a defense that has had a good game and a bad game. Let's see how things shake out.

RE: Lou Anarumo - Wes Mantooth - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And lots of former head coaches get jobs as coordinators.

This is true.  But rarely, if ever, do they return to the team they were the head coach for.

I'm sure there's one example, but I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

RE: Lou Anarumo - ochocincos - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His defense was not that bad against the Chargers, and held them to 16 points. A defense holding a team to 16 points ought to equal a win in today's NFL.  They had a poor showing 4 days later against Cleveland, but lost both starting DT's before the game. I'm willing to give them a few more games before I write this defense off.

Chargers' offense is ranked 27th in NFL in terms of Points.
Their defense is what got them a win against the Bengals and almost another against KC. They are 3rd in the NFL.

How I would rank the Bengals' DCs the past decade:

Good = Zimmer
Decent = Guenther
Bad = Anarumo, Austin

Missing Atkins and Daniels is big for this defense, so I'll save final judgement until they are back for a few games, but it's not good that the defense is not getting to the QB or turning the ball over.

RE: Lou Anarumo - higgy100 - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 01:20 PM)J24 Wrote: The Defense played well to finish off the season last year.
21 Sacks last 7 games,  last 6 Games of the year held QBs under 60% completion, and held 3 opponents under 20 points in the last seven games.

If we're being fair to Lou he has done a much better job on the Defense then Taylor has with the offense.  While that isn't saying much it's true. If Lou goes then Taylor has to go first. Also if Taylor goes then Duke absolutely has to go.

This narrative on Lou is outrageously unfair.
1.) The Defense played great week 1 and gave this team a chance to win the game. It's not their fault that the Offense put up only 13 points. It's not their fault that Burrow and Mixon turned the ball over in the 4th Quarter ( which only lead to 3 points because of the Defense) and Bullock missed a chippy FG.
2.) The Defense was playing on a short week against a tough Browns rushing attack. A attack the week before that put up a 132 yards on 23 carries against the Ravens. So playing them on 3 days rest was going to be a tough challenge. Especially when you take away a HOF player like Geno away from the unit.

Damn it quit making sense here. And he had 2 starting DL out and with a bunch of new LB's and ZERO preseason games to build any chemistry or even just to needed reps the short week killed this team.