Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? (/Thread-Kidnap-Gov-Whitmer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Tiger Teeth - 10-08-2020

https://www.mlive.com

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Tiger Teeth - 10-08-2020

I guess this is old news, and I missed it?

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - GMDino - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 01:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I guess this is old news, and I missed it?

I just read it in the USA Today today and shared the link in another thread.

These militia guys are genuinely stupid.

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Au165 - 10-08-2020

That damn ANTIFA!

...wait

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Benton - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 01:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I guess this is old news, and I missed it?

It broke in the last 24 hours I believe.

You probably haven't seen it because it goes against the MSM narrative that only far left people are violent, and the militia groups are all peaceful and fun loving.

Mellow

18 USC 2383:
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

...makes you wonder huh?

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Mickeypoo - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 03:13 PM)Benton Wrote: It broke in the last 24 hours I believe.

You probably haven't seen it because it goes against the MSM narrative that only far left people are violent, and the militia groups are all peaceful and fun loving.

Mellow

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate 

(10-08-2020, 03:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate 

I wonder why they don't refer to them as terrorists, only mention terrorisim charges?

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder why they don't refer to them as terrorists, only mention terrorisim charges?

Because there's no domestic terrorism laws on the books.

(10-08-2020, 03:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because there's no domestic terrorism laws on the books.

They were all charged with...
  • Providing material support for terrorist acts – a 20-year felony and/or $20,000 fine;

While a couple were charged with...
  • One count each of threat of terrorism, a 20-year felony and/or $20,000 fine;

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were all charged with...

• Providing material support for terrorist acts – a 20-year felony and/or $20,000 fine;

While a couple were charged with...

• One count each of threat of terrorism, a 20-year felony and/or $20,000 fine;

Apologies, I misread your question.

(10-08-2020, 03:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Apologies, I misread your question.

That's cool. I knew where you were heading in regards to "laws", however, it's worth noting the USA Patriot Act under section 802 defines Domestic Terrorism...

A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:  (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.  Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

It doesn't contain a specific punishment however it's a recognized "criminal status" and thus these folks should be reffered to as such.

(10-08-2020, 03:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate 

Sorry, that was sarcasm regarding it being 'old news.' I've seen it covered from multiple agencies in MSM.

I doubt, though, you'll find a lot of propaganda sites covering it. They're working hard to push the narrative that Left=Bad and Militias=Fighting For Democracy. If militias start kidnapping people to ... who knows ... they're kind of working against that narrative.

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Luvnit2 - 10-08-2020

I will not wish Whitner was kidnapped and killed like many Democrats hoped for Trump and the China virus.

There is no place in society for this to happy, happy they caught them and if proven guilty hope they never see the outside world again. No place for violence, looting and destruction due to not like someone's political view.

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Luvnit2 - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder why they don't refer to them as terrorists, only mention terrorisim charges?

The Michigan AG said more charges may follow so maybe they want to make sure they go through the justice system and are actually proven guilty (I think they are) which recent jumps to guilty before proven innocent is not our justice system.

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Nately120 - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will not wish Whitner was kidnapped and killed like many Democrats hoped for Trump and the China virus.

Democrats hoped for covid to kidnap Trump?

EDIT - I kid, I just find it amusing that much like Trump you can't finish a sentence condemning right-wing terrorism without getting in a jab at how the left is bad.

(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will not wish Whitner was kidnapped and killed like many Democrats hoped for Trump and the China virus.

Clearly the fault of democrats here.

Hilarious

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 10-08-2020

Well, unless they already did early voting, there's seven votes that Trump won't get in a now literal "battleground state".

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - HarleyDog - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote:
18 USC 2383:
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

...makes you wonder huh?

Yep, sure does.

[Image: OIP.bKQATnWxoE3J74kOzDlbhQHaE7?pid=Api&rs=1]

[Image: rapper-snoop-dogg-targets-trump-as-disgu...iled-2.jpg]

The Tweet your posting is from April, before this happened. But you knew that.

RE: Kidnap Gov. Whitmer? - BigPapaKain - 10-08-2020

That gosh darned Antifa at it again!

...wait...