Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
China Don - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: China Don (/Thread-China-Don)

Pages: 1 2

China Don - fredtoast - 10-21-2020

China Joe?

Hilarious

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2020/10/21/report-trump-paid-nearly-200000-in-taxes-to-china/#5512eebe2d92

Report: Trump Paid Nearly $200,000 In Taxes To China

A report from the New York Times reveals a decade of Donald Trump’s unsuccessful business activities in China, including an undisclosed bank account that paid nearly $200,000 in taxes, undermining his own exaggerated claims of Hunter Biden’s business dealings there, as well as his rhetoric that his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, is soft on the country.

Tax records analyzed by the New York Times reveal a decade of unsuccessful business activity in China by the president, including an unreported bank account that paid $188,561 in taxes between 2013 and 2015.

The account does not show up on Trump’s public financial disclosures as it is not a personal asset, but instead controlled by Trump International Hotels Management.

The records also show that Trump invested at least $192,000 to pursue business in China, including creating five companies specifically designed to pursue that goal.

RE: China Don - Big Boss - 10-21-2020

Of course he does.

RE: China Don - bfine32 - 10-21-2020

I wonder if Facebook and twitter will allow reference to this prior to having a thorough external investigation of the facts.

RE: China Don - fredtoast - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if Facebook and twitter will allow reference to this prior to having a thorough external investigation of the facts.

I think the sources on this story are a little better than a blind guy who supports the other side.  For example.  .  .  

"A lawyer for the Trump Organization told the Times that the account was opened to pay taxes after opening an office in China to “explore the potential for hotel deals in Asia.”

and

"Tax records analyzed by the New York Times"[/b]

RE: China Don - Big Boss - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think the sources on this story are a little better than a blind guy who supports the other side.  For example.  .  .  

"A lawyer for the Trump Organization [/b]told the Times that the account was opened to pay taxes after opening an office in China to “explore the potential for hotel deals in Asia.”

and

"[b]Tax records analyzed by the New York Times"

[/b]

Same Trump Organization currently under investigation?

(10-21-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think the sources on this story are a little better than a blind guy who supports the other side.  For example.  .  .  

"A lawyer for the Trump Organization told the Times that the account was opened to pay taxes after opening an office in China to “explore the potential for hotel deals in Asia.”

and

"Tax records analyzed by the New York Times"[/b]

How do you know the lawyer is not blind. He would also not be the first to turn against Trump for political reasons.

We'll validate whatever suits our agenda.

RE: China Don - Nately120 - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know the lawyer is not blind. He would also not be the first to turn against Trump for political reasons.

My agenda is admitting that in biased against repeat offenders.  I'm mean like that. 

RE: China Don - Benton - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: So I put this in another thread but, the fact the Lawyer said it was opened to do business but no business was ever really done. Then magically $17 Million is put into the account in 2017 and $15 million is withdrawn by Trump is about as damning a situation as one can think of. The tax piece of this is not really the story here at all.

That's my thoughts.

Trump does business in other countries. I would think he would pay taxes in all of those countries (except the US, where taxpayers pay him). 

My concern is the account wasn't ever publicly disclosed, but seems to be generating funds.

(10-21-2020, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know the lawyer is not blind. He would also not be the first to turn against Trump for political reasons.

Well I don't think a lawyer would fabricate a complete lie and put it on the record.  They have to protect the license to practice.

I am not saying the blind shop owner is lying either, but he could have easily been duped by someone wanting to set up Hunter Biden.  It just does not make sense to me that Hunter Biden would drop off a computer with sensitive material on it and then refuse to come back and get it.  

RE: China Don - Dill - 10-21-2020

Looks like you are showing how that is done.

But no, not everyone "validates whatever suits our agenda."

That is why NYT reporting is more reliable than the New York Post.

Guiliani knew that when he chose the latter, not the former, to channel his disinformation.

Trump and Trumpism live by the public undermining of professional journalism--all those reporters/editors who don't "validate what suits them."

(10-21-2020, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I don't think a lawyer would fabricate a complete lie and put it on the record.  They have to protect the license to practice.

I am not saying the blind shop owner is lying either, but he could have easily been duped by someone wanting to set up Hunter Biden.  It just does not make sense to me that Hunter Biden would drop off a computer with sensitive material on it and then refuse to come back and get it.  

You put a lot more faith in the cognitive abilities  in Hunter Biden than I.

As to your thoughts on Lawyer's honesty I'm sure Rudy Giuliani appreciates it, but not every may agree.

(10-21-2020, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to your thoughts on Lawyer's honesty I'm sure Rudy Giuliani appreciates it, but not every may agree.

Rudy Guliani is not practicing law and does not need a license to be a mouthpiece/flunky for Trump.

RE: China Don - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You put a lot more faith in the cognitive abilities  in Hunter Biden than I.

As to your thoughts on Lawyer's honesty I'm sure Rudy Giuliani appreciates it, but not every may agree.

Giuliani’s integrity is inversely proportional to his obsequiousness. At this point, does he have any integrity left?

(10-21-2020, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rudy Guliani is not practicing law and does not need a license to be a mouthpiece/flunky for Trump.

So Rudy Giuliani is not licensed to practice Law?

(10-21-2020, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So Rudy Giuliani is not licensed to practice Law?

Yes, I am pretty sure he still has an active license.  

But he does not have to worry about losing it because it is not needed for the job he has now.  He is not practicing law.

RE: China Don - masonbengals fan - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I don't think a lawyer would fabricate a complete lie and put it on the record.  They have to protect the license to practice.

Hunter was apparently a crackhead. They do stupid shit if you didn't know. 

(10-21-2020, 05:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hunter was apparently a crackhead. They do stupid shit if you didn't know. 

Really?  I thought he was a criminal genius who ran a worldwide multi-billion dollar business that actually controlled the foreign policy of the most powerful country on earth.

If that is how it works then pass me the pipe, bruh.

(10-21-2020, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I am pretty sure he still has an active license.  

But he does not have to worry about losing it because it is not needed for the job he has now.  He is not practicing law.

Hey! Who moved that goal post.

As I said: People will validate to support their agenda, I appreciate you providing the example.

RE: China Don - masonbengals fan - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?  I thought he was a criminal genius who ran a worldwide multi-billion dollar business that actually controlled the foreign policy of the most powerful country on earth.

If that is how it works then pass me the pipe, bruh.

I haven't saw the word genius linked to Hunter anywhere. 

RE: China Don - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 05:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hunter was apparently a crackhead. They do stupid shit if you didn't know. 

So was Trump coronavirus advisor, the My Pillow guy.