Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? (/Thread-Sewell-or-trade-with-QB-needy-teams)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 12:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dude has no idea what he is talking about. He said that Burrow was "way down the list of QB prospects over the last five years" and that "Tua was the surefire pick, best QB prospect since Luck". He also guaranteed that Kyler Murray would NOT be taken first overall, or in the first round at all. He said that Murray wasn't better than Haskins, plus a whole bunch more. He actually said that he could wait for Burrow to bust so we would all shut up about him. 

I don't go after posters much, but he is the most clueless poster on this board and it isn't particularly close. 

That one is particularly funny.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Whatever - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 12:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dude has no idea what he is talking about. He said that Burrow was "way down the list of QB prospects over the last five years" and that "Tua was the surefire pick, best QB prospect since Luck". He also guaranteed that Kyler Murray would NOT be taken first overall, or in the first round at all. He said that Murray wasn't better than Haskins, plus a whole bunch more. He actually said that he could wait for Burrow to bust so we would all shut up about him. 

I don't go after posters much, but he is the most clueless poster on this board and it isn't particularly close. 

He even bet Au165 that Murray wouldn't go in the first round, then welched on it after the draft.

Jpoore uses what I like to call the BBA (Best Buckeye Available) philosophy.  If Sewell played at Ohio State, he'd be riding his jock up until draft day.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First Oregon true freshman offensive lineman to start the first game of the season since 1997 …

Looking through all this kid’s accomplishments is just insane.

https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/penei-sewell/8509

Michael Jordan was the first true freshman offensive lineman to start the first game of the season at OSU since Orlando Pace.

If we didn't have a promising your OT already on this team PS would be a no-brainer, but as is. I think draft capital can be more valuable to this team.

Going by draft value and current seeding. Our #3 could be traded to Miami for their 9 and 17. They badly need a young OT to protect their franchise QB.

We could easily come out of the first with something like Kyle Pitts and Wyatt Davis/Alex Leatherman and then we’d still have an early 2nd.

I’m also sure the SD would give up quite a bit to unite Herbert with Sewell

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Hammerstripes - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Michael Jordan was the first true freshman offensive lineman to start the first game of the season at OSU since Orlando Pace.

If we didn't have a promising your OT already on this team PS would be a no-brainer, but as is. I think draft capital can be more valuable to this team.

Going by draft value and current seeding. Our #3 could be traded to Miami for their 9 and 17. They badly need a young OT to protect their franchise QB.

We could easily come out of the first with something like Kyle Pitts and Wyatt Davis/Alex Leatherman and then we’d still have an early 2nd.

I’m also sure the SD would give up quite a bit to unite Herbert with Sewell

We badly need one as well.  Trusting the tackle spot to Hart or Adenji would be vintage Bengals.  Looking at a small sample size and hoping to get the same production as a full time starter.

I don't see how the Bengals could pass on the best OT prospect to come out in ages.  

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - RiverRat13 - 11-24-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8687XrQsVME

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Big Boss - 11-24-2020

Sewell.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - KillerGoose - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 03:44 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8687XrQsVME

Great post. Here is another to watch for Sewell. It is every snap he took against Auburn. In this game he goes up against Derrick Brown (#7 overall pick in 2019, plays for the Panthers), Nick Coe (undrafted in 2019, currently on the Dolphins practice squad) and Marlon Davidson (#47 overall in 2019, plays for the Falcons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep9_ecK_HKw

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 02:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We badly need one as well.  Trusting the tackle spot to Hart or Adenji would be vintage Bengals.  Looking at a small sample size and hoping to get the same production as a full time starter.

I don't see how the Bengals could pass on the best OT prospect to come out in ages.  

We could still get a 1st rd OT and more

Trusting OG to jordan or Redmond is also vintage Bengals

I've seen too many "best prospects to come out in years"

Speaking of best prospect in years; have you seen the TE from UofF? Hell you give me the choice of him or JaMarr Chase I'm taking Pitts regardless of draft spot. Somebody like that could damn sure help Joe.

If it's Sewell I'll be very pleased, but I think we could use more picks.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Jpoore - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 11:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It gives us a legitimately great prospect at tackle who could man the spot for the next 10-15 years. Having both tackle spots and a young, talented QB locked up would allow the offense to thrive for years. The G position can be filled in FA (as said, a line of Sewell - Spain - Hopkins - XSF - Williams is not a bad line, assuming Sewell pans out as we expect).

-Sign a FA G.
-Draft Sewell.

Or they could roll with Spain and XSF as the starters next year. I think Spain has played well in his limited time here and I would like to see XSF before commenting further on him.
But again getting journeyman guards isn’t what we need. We made the dumbass decision to resign mixon. U do that u need a running game. U won’t get it there. If u draft Sewell, the oline will be the exact same as it is this year. Absolutely ass.
(11-24-2020, 11:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In Jpoore's world, Sewell = Hart

<_<
No he’s an upgrade but it still wouldn’t chang ether problem of the oline.

Burrow was and is way down the list. He isn’t better than mahomes. He’s not better than lawrence he’s not better than fields, etc etc. all y’all were calling him a generational prospect when he damn sure wasn’t better than luck. Also it wasn’t a talent issue with Murray. I thought teams would look at the baseball aspect. Also tua is qb1 and time will prove I’m right. And yeah sure looks great to grab burrow now Sinatra’s of trading back, LIKE I SAID and get tua or Herbert.
(11-24-2020, 01:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: He even bet Au165 that Murray wouldn't go in the first round, then welched on it after the draft.

Jpoore uses what I like to call the BBA (Best Buckeye Available) philosophy.  If Sewell played at Ohio State, he'd be riding his jock up until draft day.

I have never welched on a bet in my life. Furthermore no I wouldn’t Sewell is a tackle. We could get a haul. And Sewell would do nothing to improve the oline. Sure tackle position is better. Guess what. Burrow has 30 sacks at his point next year instead of 30 Bc 90 percent of pressures have come through the interior. . Unless the plan is to play Sewell at guard then yeah take Sewell.

(11-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But again getting journeyman guards isn’t what we need. We made the dumbass decision to resign mixon. U do that u need a running game. U won’t get it there. If u draft Sewell, the oline will be the exact same as it is this year. Absolutely ass.
Burrow was and is way down the list. He isn’t better than mahomes. He’s not better than lawrence he’s not better than fields, etc etc. all y’all were calling him a generational prospect when he damn sure wasn’t better than luck. Also it wasn’t a talent issue with Murray. I thought teams would look at the baseball aspect. Also tua is qb1 and time will prove I’m right. And yeah sure looks great to grab burrow now Sinatra’s of trading back, LIKE I SAID and get tua or Herbert.

I have never welched on a bet in my life. Furthermore no I wouldn’t Sewell is a tackle. We could get a haul. And Sewell would do nothing to improve the oline. Sure tackle position is better. Guess what. Burrow has 30 sacks at his point next year instead of 30 Bc 90 percent of pressures have come through the interior. . Unless the plan is to play Sewell at guard then yeah take Sewell.

Time sure did prove you right with Murray when you said he would go in the third round. Oh, wait..

Well, there was that time that you said Haskins was the greatest QB to ever come out of Ohio State and he was a “lock” for the Top 10. Wait...

Well, there was that time you said that Haskins was better than Murray. Time is saying Haskins isn’t even a starter anymore (lost his job to Kyle Allen and post-injury Alex Smith) and Murray is in the middle of an MVP-type season.

Trevor Lawrence is the real deal and I would agree that he is likely the best prospect since Luck. However, saying that Fields is a better prospect than Burrow was is another hot-take of yours. You can argue that Fields has a stronger arm, but he also struggles with play recognition and working under pressure. Burrow was an elite prospect when it came to these categories and his accuracy was simply superb. Those translated to the NFL quite nicely. He obviously took his lumps, but he (along with Herbert) were on pace to break all of the major rookie records.

I’m sure time will prove you right when it comes to Burrow busting, which you also predicted.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Jpoore - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 05:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Time sure did prove you right with Murray when you said he would go in the third round. Oh, wait..

Well, there was that time that you said Haskins was the greatest QB to ever come out of Ohio State and he was a “lock” for the Top 10. Wait...

Well, there was that time you said that Haskins was better than Murray. Time is saying Haskins isn’t even a starter anymore (lost his job to Kyle Allen and post-injury Alex Smith) and Murray is in the middle of an MVP-type season.

Trevor Lawrence is the real deal and I would agree that he is likely the best prospect since Luck. However, saying that Fields is a better prospect than Burrow was is another hot-take of yours. You can argue that Fields has a stronger arm, but he also struggles with play recognition and working under pressure. Burrow was an elite prospect when it came to these categories and his accuracy was simply superb. Those translated to the NFL quite nicely. He obviously took his lumps, but he (along with Herbert) were on pace to break all of the major rookie records.

I’m sure time will prove you right when it comes to Burrow busting, which you also predicted.
I’m what? I had burrow as a top 7-10 nfl qb?

(11-24-2020, 07:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I’m what? I had burrow as a top 7-10 nfl qb?

No, you didn’t. Here are some quotes, straight from you...

“ Well that’s good bc I’m not here looking for anyone’s approval. But I willl be here laughing it up when burrow busts,”

and in response to someone calling you out on that...

“ It’s not about what I want it’s about what will happen”

Here are some more...

“ He was only good for 1 year? He couldn’t beat out jt freaking Barrett.”

“ I don’t fall for decency bias. And yeah he was damn good but ranked bottom 10 in cfb in ratings on 1st and 2nd read, turnover worthy throws, yards, etc etc. ”

“ Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow? Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb. Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight. ”

You didn’t have Burrow as a top anything QB. You had him as a bust and now you’re trying walk back those takes now that he had a promising rookie season, just like you tried walking away from your takes and bet with Au165 once Murray was successful. You try to talk confidently about these prospects and once your takes fail miserably, you act like that wasn’t what you really thought.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - pulses - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But again getting journeyman guards isn’t what we need. We made the dumbass decision to resign mixon. U do that u need a running game. U won’t get it there. If u draft Sewell, the oline will be the exact same as it is this year. Absolutely ass.

After that last game Fields played against IU's pressure defense and all of the TO's he can't carry Burrow's jock. Hell the IU QB has as much upside as Fields. Jpoore sometimes it's better to not say anything then to open your mouth and make yourself look worse than you already are! But you seem to do that quite a bit of the time!

(11-24-2020, 02:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We badly need one as well.  Trusting the tackle spot to Hart or Adenji would be vintage Bengals.  Looking at a small sample size and hoping to get the same production as a full time starter.

Exactly. Can we please stop settling for mediocrity? Hart is not the long term answer at RT. This pick is as easy as last year’s was.

As far as trading back and still going OL? I absolutely guarantee that would result in Sewell going on to a HoF career somewhere else, and us taking some absolute scrub like Billy Price. Learn from your mistakes (losing out on Ragnow) and don’t overthink it.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Benton - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 07:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not at all... say we get Sewell. What does that change? Absolutely nothing as far as oline. Saw a stat today that 90 percent of pressures has come from the interior of the oline. So I ask again what does getting Sewell change?nothing.  Another year of getting hit more than any qb in the league.

You have to start somewhere.

Jonah is OK at LT. He might end up great there in a few years. Sewell and Jonah give us a chance to have solid starting tackles for several years to come. Which frees us up to move people already on the roster, try for another starter later in the draft or sign a FA. Take Sewell, grab a FA or late pick, move around some existing guys and when Joe returns next fall, he's behind a completely different line.

Willie Anderson might become only our 2nd HoFer ever soon. Instead of settling for guy’s like Bobby Hart, let’s go for someone that has the potential to join him and Munoz in Canton some day.

I’m so tired of being happy with just average starters. We need to hit some home runs. We did with our 1st pick last year, and we should be swinging for the fences again this year since we’re picking so high.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Hammerstripes - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We could still get a 1st rd OT and more

Trusting OG to jordan or Redmond is also vintage Bengals

I've seen too many "best prospects to come out in years"

Speaking of best prospect in years; have you seen the TE from UofF? Hell you give me the choice of him or JaMarr Chase I'm taking Pitts regardless of draft spot. Somebody like that could damn sure help Joe.

If it's Sewell I'll be very pleased, but I think we could use more picks.

We obviously can't use every pick on the line.  If I had my way about it we would run this line out next year and it would only take one pick:

Sewell
FA 
Hopkins
Spain
Jonah

I can't really remember the last time I've seen a generational type OT that would normally be the hands down #1 prospect in the draft if it weren't for Lawrence.

(11-24-2020, 10:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We obviously can't use every pick on the line.  If I had my way about it we would run this line out next year and it would only take one pick:

Sewell
FA 
Hopkins
Spain
Jonah

I can't really remember the last time I've seen a generational type OT that would normally be the hands down #1 prospect in the draft if it weren't for Lawrence.

Yep. He even received multiple Heisman votes. Dude is a special player. You don’t pass that up because of Bobby Hart.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 11-25-2020

(11-24-2020, 10:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We obviously can't use every pick on the line.  If I had my way about it we would run this line out next year and it would only take one pick:

Sewell
FA 
Hopkins
Spain
Jonah

Greg Robinson

We've got a young LT that is doing just fine.

Teams like the Bengals shouldn't be focusing on improving their good parts.