Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media (/Thread-Zack-Taylor-getting-destroyed-in-the-media)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wes Mantooth - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 03:02 AM)WhoDey Wrote: I agree, the media acts like they were screaming from the rafters that Taylor had him dropping back too much before the injury

Actually, they were.

It's funny you brought that up.  Just last night I was watching ESPN and they individually listed out the personalites and comments made throughout the season, that said they were going to get this kid killed.

This isn't hindsight is 20/20, or "arm-chair QB" type of stuff.  These were specific comments made well in advance to the injury.

It goes well beyond having a poor OL, some of their guys were referencing stats I never even heard of like "exposure rate" which was used as an indictment on the type of offense being run in addition to the OL woes.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Big_Ern - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 12:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Watson has, surprisingly to be honest. The common thread is, these teams have bad lines. Pederson is a MUCH better coach than ours, no question, but even he is struggling in Philly.

Pederson has struggled since his OC left, head coach of Colts now 

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 01:10 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Pederson has struggled since his OC left, head coach of Colts now 

True, Reich was good, and is doing good in Indy. I watch Philly some though, and Wentz is taking a beating out there. Hell, didn't Dunlap have a sack against them playing half assed? LoL. I haven't kept up with the roster, so I don't know if they've lost linemen or not. Is Mudd still coaching the line?

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - sonofstat - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: True, Reich was good, and is doing good in Indy. I watch Philly some though, and Wentz is taking a beating out there. Hell, didn't Dunlap have a sack against them playing half assed? LoL. I haven't kept up with the roster, so I don't know if they've lost linemen or not. Is Mudd still coaching the line?

They have invested and had a great line for the last few years but they're really getting on in years now.

Kelce, Peters, Lane Johnson, Brandon Brooks...good enough to lose Wentz and still have Foles win them a Super Bowl.

All for investing high OL picks and seeing what our boy Burrows could do with a top 10 O line and running game  :andy:

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Benton - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 11:22 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I have to agree with Fred here, it's not like the score was 50-0, we were in the game and playing Joe gives us the best chance to win. It was just a freak bam-bam play and resulted in Joe getting injured. Besides, if ZT wasn't playing Joe, then you'd all be crying that he isn't letting his Future QB take his lumps and get his experience in. Most times, just can't win with some of you, you all get the benefit of hindsight. 

I look forward now to that top 3 Draft Pick and Sewell, and anyone that thinks we won't draft him at no 3 (if he's there) is out of their mind, he's a major need and would be awesome to have BOTH OT's and QB on rookie contracts for a few more years, keeps that window open and frees up that money for a few more marquee defensive players. This isn't the way any of us wanted it to go, but it's there for the taking so take.

Pretty much agreed.

Although I have complained that we were relying on Joe too much. We're like bottom third of rushing attempts in the league. Which would be better if we weren't top three in passing attempts, but still sitting on two wins.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - impactplaya - 11-24-2020

Zac Taylor reminds me of Eric Mangini.when.he was the Browns
HC. Tries to come off as a hard +/! But is really a joke.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - bengals67 - 11-24-2020

someone has probably said this but

If you throw over 70% of the time your QB is going to get killed eventfully.

This is true even if you have an average o line.

With no real threat of a run, the D line starts teeing off.

In response to something said by one of our experts- keeping Burrow safe should have been priority number one, even with this awful o line.

So no, they should not have had an offense with Burrow throwing 70% or more with this way below average o line because that allegedly gave them a better chance to win a game or two in a season where they had zero chance of making the playoffs and even less of advancing to the Super Bowl if they fluked into the playoffs.

And if Joe- who is awesome- was on board with throwing 70% of the time, we needed a mature coach who knew the likely consequences to say no- we are not doing that.

The Family and the current coaching staff are so over their head as proven year after year after year after year.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - TheFan - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 06:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac Taylor reminds me of Eric Mangini.when.he was the Browns

That is an absolute insult to Eric Mangini. He actually improved the Browns record when he took over and they had a worse record after he left. He also has at least had multiple winning seasons as a head coach. 

There's is literally no coach you can compare Zac Taylor to because he's statistically the worst to do it. 

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - bengals67 - 11-24-2020

Bengals are the Washington Generals of the NFL and provide great humor for the beloved and wonderful Globetrotters- excuse me I mean Steelers.

Just think how great it is for the NFL- you know the beloved Steelers are going to have at least 2 wins every year! Just works great for everyone other than the rubes in Cincinnati.

Except it also works great for the owners of the Washington Generals- I mean Bengals-  losing doesn't matter because they get profit sharing and have great jobs for all their family members.

What they have done this year to expose Burrow to serious, potentially career altering injury, and not give him a much better o line is border line criminal.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Tony - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 05:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: If you read the Bengals beat writers, and the team's media, you'd know that what he said is actually correct. They are running alignment and sets that Joe wanted them to run. It helps him with the pre snap reads being a rookie.

You can't listen to these idiots in the national media that think our players still get arrested every week. Seriously, they're lazy at best with their reporting on teams like Cincy....just plain ignorant of the details is more like it.

You realize you can just tell the truth, and that's not defending Taylor, right? Fred has been on his ass since midway through last year. 
The media has been questioning how much was put on Burrow all year. That's fine. You couple have your opinion and I have mine. Taylor is garbage and I blame him completely for Burrow going down.. 72 hits man.. 72..

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Tony - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Actually, they were.

It's funny you brought that up.  Just last night I was watching ESPN and they individually listed out the personalites and comments made throughout the season, that said they were going to get this kid killed.

This isn't hindsight is 20/20, or "arm-chair QB" type of stuff.  These were specific comments made well in advance to the injury.

It goes well beyond having a poor OL, some of their guys were referencing stats I never even heard of like "exposure rate" which was used as an indictment on the type of offense being run in addition to the OL woes.
Just what I was thinking... They have been trashing Taylor all year about how he's handling Burrow. And all these people saying we would be mad if they pulled Burrow are lost. We are saying, his playcalling got Burrow killed. It's that simple.. You don't drop a QB back in an empty set so much like that against 2 very good D lines the last 2 weeks and he paid the ultimate price..JC Gio and Perine had above 4 yards a carry average. Give them the GD ball!!

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - 740Bengal - 11-24-2020

Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - JSR18 - 11-24-2020

I'm a believer in the KISS principle:

If ZT isn't 100% responsible, he's at least 75% responsible for allowing one of his coaches to play Michael Jordan.
ZT has final say on everything.

Michael Jordan is responsible for the remaining 25%. All he has to do is man up. Reach down, grab himself by his sack and not get driven 5 yards backwards.
If that isn't possible, he doesn't deserve to be starting...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Headless Horseman - 11-25-2020

(11-24-2020, 06:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac Taylor reminds me of Eric Mangini.when.he was the Browns

Eric Mangini took over a team that was 2 years past due for a rebuild, where the average age on the team was 35 years old. When he walked in their cap was in the red and he had four draft picks to work with, a 1st and a 5th, 6th and 7th. In one season he improved in wins, rebuild their O-Line and D-Line, stockpiled four years worth of draft volume in the next two drafts and freed up 40 million in salary cap. 

Zac Taylor is no Eric Mangini. 

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-25-2020

(11-23-2020, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But he did manage to take Mark Sanchez to 2 AFC Championships.

Butt Fumbler under Ryan won 4 more playoff games than the Bengals have in 30 years.

Class doesn't mean shit if you're 4-21-1.

This, cannot believe anyone that is a Bengal fan could defend any of these coaches besides Simmons.

Still, need a clean slate with a vet HC with a proven record to come here.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-25-2020

(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Rex Ryan, of all people.  He doesn't seem to have even 1% of the class that Zac does.  

But why is the media ignoring that the play didn't happen on a free rusher or an error on our part, but simply a freak thing that happens?  I'll tell ya why, it's popular opinion and that's what they spew.  The truth is just a byproduct that's completely unnecessary, no different than political stations.  

Okay, this is the guy JSR was talking to me about eh?

Zac's record speaks for itself and Rex Ryan is a good coach, he can talk. Zac cannot. Guy needs to be gone yesterday.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Tony - 11-27-2020

(11-25-2020, 09:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, this is the guy JSR was talking to me about eh?

Zac's record speaks for itself and Rex Ryan is a good coach, he can talk. Zac cannot. Guy needs to be gone yesterday.

This dude and like 1 other guy here love them some Zack.. Maybe his son or something, IDK...

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Browns Town Bengal - 11-27-2020

(11-23-2020, 03:40 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: That was a fun read, and enjoyed the video.  But why draft an awesome QB  you have no intention of using?  I will never understand the logic of saying he's throwing too much or any of that given the circumstances.  To me, I can deal with it as long as I know why.  Clearly, the reason why is Mixon out.  Honestly I think even a few games Mixon was in, he didn't seem quite like himself.  Likely playing hurt, but pure speculation.  You combo that with a GOAT-type QB, he's a natural leader that will put the game on his shoulders and go.  We absolutely WANT that.

I do not EVER want a coach that would sacrifice winning for garbage "maybe" statistics.  To me, that means coach is a chickensh1t.  Taylor going for in on fourth down as much as he does alone, let alone the freedom he gave a rookie QB at the line, etc., tells me Taylor is the right guy for the job specifically for Burrow.  

The only thing that I liked about Taylor was his propensity to go for it on 4th down.  And not only that, but they had good success on 4th as well.  Marvin was the opposite, sure he'd roll the dice once in a while but more often than not, he'd bring on the punt unit on 4th and 1 from the 50(for example)   Marv often just played the safe card.  Taylor is a little more aggressive and I like that

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-27-2020

(11-24-2020, 07:33 PM)Tony Wrote: The media has been questioning how much was put on Burrow all year. That's fine. You couple have your opinion and I have mine. Taylor is garbage and I blame him completely for Burrow going down.. 72 hits man.. 72..

....but no one was defending Taylor, like I said, Fred has been on ZT since last season. The national media largely ignores the Bengals. The people assigned to cover them, and the locals are who I listen to.

That's a lot of hits, sure. A lot of drop backs...and early on, Joe held the ball too long on several plays, but he learned fast that he couldn't do that in the NFL. Especially behind this line. They do tend to abandon run too early. However, when you're playing behind a lot, you throw a lot. The run game hasn't been much for years in Cincy. 

It's a message board, where we discuss things. No need to get touchy and personal...lol.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-27-2020

(11-24-2020, 05:40 PM)sonofstat Wrote: They have invested and had a great line for the last few years but they're really getting on in years now.

Kelce, Peters, Lane Johnson, Brandon Brooks...good enough to lose Wentz and still have Foles win them a Super Bowl.

All for investing high OL picks and seeing what our boy Burrows could do with a top 10 O line and running game  :andy:

Yes, I remember it being a strength, but this year in particular has looked rough for them. That's also why I asked if Howard Mudd was still coaching the line. He has been one of the best in the league a long time.

Edit: I just looked it up, he'd been in Indy since 2013....lol. Retired this year.