Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coaching props and rants! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Coaching props and rants! (/Thread-Coaching-props-and-rants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - CorpusChristiBengal - 10-21-2021

https://files.catbox.moe/7b4v6m.mp4
https://files.catbox.moe/py2ucx.mp4
Enjoy.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - CorpusChristiBengal - 10-21-2021

https://files.catbox.moe/g7p875.mp4
Another monstrosity from the graveyard shift

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - bfine32 - 10-21-2021

Pretty sure Zac gave the extended auto warranty folks my cell number

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Synric - 10-21-2021

Discontinuing Flamethrowers from the Miltiary

Goat Cheese Pizza

And of course it was Zac Taylor's fault how hammered I was for the first couple pages of this thread!

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Tomkat - 10-24-2021

The Bengals currently being #1 in the AFC
(I can't believe I just typed that!)

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Waite Hoyt - 10-24-2021

Love the direction of the team. Coaches and players are growing right before our eyes. This team will continue to grow as long as our key players stay healthy.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Awful Llama - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 05:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote: The Bengals currently being #1 in the AFC
(I can't believe I just typed that!)

Making believers of us all (mostly).

(10-24-2021, 06:07 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Love the direction of the team. Coaches and players are growing right before our eyes. This team will continue to grow as long as our key players stay healthy.

[Image: Bike_doing_it_wrong.jpg]

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Passepartout - 10-24-2021

First they are asking for his job but now they are praising him there!

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Whatever - 10-24-2021

John Harbaugh curled up in the fetal position in a corner and crying like a baby.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-24-2021

Hmmm..... preparation and play calling looked pretty good today, no?

RE: A little coaching props... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 09:08 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hmmm..... preparation and play calling looked pretty good today, no?

The absolute, stone-cold fact, is that if every play is executed to perfection, not a single person on the planet would say a thing about play-calling. It's always easy to second guess (in hindsight), when something goes wrong, but if things go right, well, you can't criticise something that works, correct?

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The absolute, stone-cold fact, is that if every play is executed to perfection, not a single person on the planet would say a thing about play-calling. It's always easy to second guess (in hindsight), when something goes wrong, but if things go right, well, you can't criticise something that works, correct?

Exactly. I've seen a few head scratchers, but even last year I could see glimpses of what they *wanted* to do, but execution wasn't there.... especially up front. 

This year, the line gets better every game, coincidentally, we see more of the playbook.

RE: A little coaching props... - jason - 10-25-2021

(10-24-2021, 09:08 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hmmm..... preparation and play calling looked pretty good today, no?

Man... They've had what? 2-3 penalties the past coupla weeks? They're playing disciplined... The childish side of me wants to take one last shot at Zac, so I will. Ja'Marr Chase is some pretty nice deodorant for a stank coach and coordinator.

I have to admit Zac has been solid the past month or so... I have no major complaints since the Bears game. Lou is proving a lot of us (myself included) wrong. Frankly I'm happy that they are. There's still a lot of season to go, but it's fun again.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 01:01 AM)jason Wrote: Man... They've had what? 2-3 penalties the past coupla weeks? They're playing disciplined... The childish side of me wants to take one last shot at Zac, so I will. Ja'Marr Chase is some pretty nice deodorant for a stank coach and coordinator.

I have to admit Zac has been solid the past month or so... I have no major complaints since the Bears game. Lou is proving a lot of us (myself included) wrong. Frankly I'm happy that they are. There's still a lot of season to go, but it's fun again.

We've had one game with several penalties all year long. The rest have been 1 or 2. It's one of the things I was giving the staff credit for early on, and at the start of this thread. Wink

I think he had a bad game in Chicago too, but honestly, without the four turnovers, we easily win that one as well. Zac was bad that day, Burrow was horrible. 

RE: A little coaching props... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-26-2021

(10-25-2021, 01:01 AM)jason Wrote: Man... They've had what? 2-3 penalties the past coupla weeks? They're playing disciplined... The childish side of me wants to take one last shot at Zac, so I will. Ja'Marr Chase is some pretty nice deodorant for a stank coach and coordinator.

Yes, been pleasantly surprised by how disciplined this team has been. This is a reflection of the coaches, props to Taylor, Lou,
Pollack, Hobby and Golden along with Simmons on ST's play and Walters and the WR's, not many pushoffs.

(10-25-2021, 07:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: We've had one game with several penalties all year long. The rest have been 1 or 2. It's one of the things I was giving the staff credit for early on, and at the start of this thread. Wink

I think he had a bad game in Chicago too, but honestly, without the four turnovers, we easily win that one as well. Zac was bad that day, Burrow was horrible. 

Yeah, the Bears game was on Burrow. His bad, he learned but he is still throwing one head scratcher a game at least.

Need to clean this up Joe.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, been pleasantly surprised by how disciplined this team has been. This is a reflection of the coaches, props to Taylor, Lou,
Pollack, Hobby and Golden along with Simmons on ST's play and Walters and the WR's, not many pushoffs.

Yeah, the Bears game was on Burrow. His bad, he learned but he is still throwing one head scratcher a game at least.

Need to clean this up Joe.

I read today that he said he trusted the defense so he gambled...lol....good answer Joe.

RE: A little coaching props... - Benton - 10-27-2021

(10-24-2021, 11:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly. I've seen a few head scratchers, but even last year I could see glimpses of what they *wanted* to do, but execution wasn't there.... especially up front. 

This year, the line gets better every game, coincidentally, we see more of the playbook.

And that's the big thing.

Last year it was: "Why're we only doing this? Our coaches SUUUUUUUUCK!"
This year (in the first couple games) it was: "Why're we only doing this? Our coaches COULD BE MUUUUUCH BETTER!"

Now it's: "Uh... yeah, I still hate our coaches. But, I guess we're winning and doing... you know... stuff."

But the issue is, the line dictates how big your playbook is.

Can't open the center? You chuck runs up the middle.
Can't hold the line for a few seconds? Forget long passes.
No push on the left side? You're only running right.
Can't stop the blitz? Playaction is irrelevant. 

The better the line performs, the bigger the playbook gets. And the more schemes they can deal with, the more successfully those plays are executed.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-28-2021

(10-27-2021, 10:50 PM)Benton Wrote: And that's the big thing.

Last year it was: "Why're we only doing this? Our coaches SUUUUUUUUCK!"
This year (in the first couple games) it was: "Why're we only doing this? Our coaches COULD BE MUUUUUCH BETTER!"

Now it's: "Uh... yeah, I still hate our coaches. But, I guess we're winning and doing... you know... stuff."

But the issue is, the line dictates how big your playbook is.

Can't open the center? You chuck runs up the middle.
Can't hold the line for a few seconds? Forget long passes.
No push on the left side? You're only running right.
Can't stop the blitz? Playaction is irrelevant. 

The better the line performs, the bigger the playbook gets. And the more schemes they can deal with, the more successfully those plays are executed.

Exactly. For all of the bells and whistles in today's game.....it still is won on the basics. Winning in the trenches.

Also, Joe is getting better and better at manipulating and moving in the pocket.

RE: A little coaching props... - Nicomo Cosca - 10-28-2021

Just unreal. I feel like I need to pinch myself.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-29-2021

(10-28-2021, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Just unreal. I feel like I need to pinch myself.

I'm glad a Bengals coach is in the running again, but he's got a lot of season left to go. I think if this team finishes with a winning record, he absolutely should be coach of the year.