Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Root for the Browns Sunday - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Root for the Browns Sunday (/Thread-Root-for-the-Browns-Sunday)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Root for the Browns Sunday - spazz70 - 01-06-2021

Obviously this is 2 division rivals and I would rather not root for either of them. With that being said, if I remember correctly, one of the definitive final pieces of Marvin Lewis getting the boot was losing to the Browns twice that final year. So, my thought process is that IF the Browns were to beat the Steelers and win a playoff game that it may change the off season even more than we saw last year. I believe his hatred for them is that deep.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - ochocincos - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 06:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Obviously this is 2 division rivals and I would rather not root for either of them.  With that being said, if I remember correctly, one of the definitive final pieces of Marvin Lewis getting the boot was losing to the Browns twice that final year.  So, my thought process is that IF the Browns were to beat the Steelers and win a playoff game that it may change the off season even more than we saw last year.  I believe his hatred for them is that deep.

I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - HarleyDog - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.
Oh I can. ALL DAY LONG! That would drive a spike in the heart of MB. Might make him more aggressive to attack the weaknesses in the offseason. Don't forget the history here. 

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - jfkbengals - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.

Yup.

I would prefer the Browns and Bills both lose, for those very reasons...

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - Pat5775 - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh I can. ALL DAY LONG! That would drive a spike in the heart of MB. Might make him more aggressive to attack the weaknesses in the offseason. Don't forget the history here. 

I agree...

And I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find it very sad that we have to think that way.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - SunsetBengal - 01-06-2021

Lol, rooting for the Browns to win would be at the bottom of my playoff rooting priorities.

The LAST thing I want is Browns' fans gloating about a playoff win..

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - leonardfan40 - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, rooting for the Browns to win would be at the bottom of my playoff rooting priorities.

The LAST thing I want is Browns' fans gloating about a playoff win..

This. Steelers fans are unbearable but at least that’s with a team that wins to back it up. Browns suck forever and any time they win a couple of games they’re automatically the greatest thing in the world. I couldn’t stand to hear them if they win a playoff game before us.

Luckily I am not worried in the slightest about that happening. Pitt will get an easy win. Pitt also has no shot at winning the super bowl so they will lose after that game. Then life goes on and we can go back to complaining about the bengals the rest of the offseason

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - XenoMorph - 01-07-2021

(01-06-2021, 09:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.

I would prefer the Browns and Bills both lose, for those very reasons...

ill be rooting for the bills... Who are overall in a similar boat to us.... Been to several SB but never won one.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - jfkbengals - 01-07-2021

(01-07-2021, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ill be rooting for the bills... Who are overall in a similar boat to us.... Been to several SB but never won one.

Somebody needs to break our record for longest span between playoff victories when Joey comes back and wins one...

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - XenoMorph - 01-08-2021

(01-07-2021, 10:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Somebody needs to break our record for longest span between playoff victories when Joey comes back and wins one...

if the coach doesnt get him killed or broken first.. i imagine Burrow will have a chance to do that here in the future.  probly not 2021 though.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - Essex Johnson - 01-08-2021

Both Suck...but the Turds suck more... if it is Brown, flush it down

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - jason - 01-10-2021

Not for nothing but they got that playoff win way back in 1994 I think. Hope they bounce the Steelers, but they won't.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - WiregrassBenGal - 01-10-2021

The game tonight should be fun. If the Steelers somehow find a way to win, I hope they go to K.C. and get slapped around by the Chiefs.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - michaelsean - 01-10-2021

Never root for Pittsburgh

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - Nicomo Cosca - 01-10-2021

Crazy start lol

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - bengalfan74 - 01-10-2021

Is there any way they can both lose

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - rfaulk34 - 01-10-2021

I'm liking the way this game is starting. 

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - Bilbo Saggins - 01-10-2021

stick a fork in the burger.  if he doesn't retire soon he'll get benched.

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - BmorePat87 - 01-10-2021

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Steelers

RE: Root for the Browns Sunday - rfaulk34 - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 10:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: stick a fork in the burger.  if he doesn't retire soon he'll get benched.

He wants to play again next year. I hope he does. He's not going to get better.