Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Storming Of The Capitol Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Storming Of The Capitol Building (/Thread-Storming-Of-The-Capitol-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Au165 - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is there any evidence of your version of events?

I mean, maybe he was inside the building?

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Nately120 - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 04:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean, maybe he was inside the building?

All joking aside, he claims to have viewed a reality different from everything we have seen and discussed and I'm interested in hearing some specifics.  Additionally, I'd be interested to see some evidence that he was even in DC on the 6th, though he didn't post on here between the 5th and the 8th of January, so my mind is open.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is there any evidence of your version of events?

Well, All I can tell you is my wife and I drove to Arlington, Virginia Jan. 5th and stayed at a B&B that night. We woke up January 6th and drove into DC around 6:30. We arranged ahead of time for our parking spot in a garage on Capital St. We walked around DC for a while to see the buildings and monuments before the rally began. I wasn't able to get into the roped off area that was closest to Trump because we were carrying backpacks and they wouldn't let us in with them so we had to watch from a block away, but we could hear and see (TV) everything he said and did. At the end of his speech he said we are now going to walk to the capital. NEVER did he say anything that was to provoke violence.  On the walk to the capital 4 buses pulled up and a bunch folks dressed in black gear, helmets, and clear shields got out and started dispersing amongst the crowd. At that time my wife and I got a very uneasy feeling because these folks weren't like the ones at the rally. They were obviously there to cause trouble and did. When we heard things were starting to go down at the front of the crowd that had reached the capital we decided it was best to go back to our B&B in Virginia. On the way back we stopped and ate at Panera. We left Virginia the next morning and drove back to Ohio.

Does that work for you Nately or do you need receipts too?

(01-14-2021, 05:04 PM)Mer Wrote: Well, All I can tell you is my wife and I drove to Arlington, Virginia Jan. 5th and stayed at a B&B that night. We woke up January 6th and drove into DC around 6:30. We arranged ahead of time for our parking spot in a garage on Capital St. We walked around DC for a while to see the buildings and monuments before the rally began. I wasn't able to get into the roped off area that was closest to Trump because we were carrying backpacks and they wouldn't let us in with them so we had to watch from a block away, but we could hear and see (TV) everything he said and did. At the end of his speech he said we are now going to walk to the capital. NEVER did he say anything that was to provoke violence.  On the walk to the capital 4 buses pulled up and a bunch folks dressed in black gear, helmets, and clear shields got out and started dispersing amongst the crowd. At that time my wife and I got a very uneasy feeling because these folks weren't like the ones at the rally. They were obviously there to cause trouble and did. When we heard things were starting to go down at the front of the crowd that had reached the capital we decided it was best to go back to our B&B in Virginia. On the way back we stopped and ate at Panera. We left Virginia the next morning and drove back to Ohio.

Does that work for you Nately or do you need receipts too?

Are the people you saw in black with shields and helmets visible in any of the footage that has been circulating? What distinguishing characteristics the the four busses have?

(01-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aside, he claims to have viewed a reality different from everything we have seen and discussed and I'm interested in hearing some specifics.  Additionally, I'd be interested to see some evidence that he was even in DC on the 6th, though he didn't post on here between the 5th and the 8th of January, so my mind is open.
You are correct about the reality being different than what the news is trying to push. I don't want to argue with anyone. I just think the American people need to know the truth. Sadly many Americans believe the lies that the MSM is pushing. They have an agenda and its not to benefit the everyday folks like ourselves. What I said earlier about people not knowing what they're really supporting wasn't meant to be a put down. It's the truth. Over the next week the MSM are really going to try to convince you that getting rid of a man that had nothing to gain but ridicule by becoming president is the devil and a sad confused man that has done nothing in his 47 years of politics is going to be your savior. 

(01-14-2021, 05:11 PM)Mer Wrote: You are correct about the reality being different than what the news is trying to push. I don't want to argue with anyone. I just think the American people need to know the truth. Sadly many Americans believe the lies that the MSM is pushing. They have an agenda and its not to benefit the everyday folks like ourselves. What I said earlier about people not knowing what they're really supporting wasn't meant to be a put down. It's the truth. Over the next week the MSM are really going to try to convince you that getting rid of a man that had nothing to gain but ridicule by becoming president is the devil and a sad confused man that has done nothing in his 47 years of politics is going to be your savior. 

Let's remove the Biden is my savior thing since I didn't even vote for the guy.  I'm interested in what you are asserting because you are providing a narrative that is completely different, and verifiable, from what the left and right are currently pushing.  I'm more interested in looking into your view of events rather than worrying about which people around here are sobering over Trump or Biden's respective crotches. 

(01-14-2021, 05:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the people you saw in black with shields and helmets visible in any of the footage that has been circulating?  What distinguishing characteristics the the four busses have?

I'm not sure if they are visible or not. I just remember the folks dressed in dark clothing but I didn't see everyone that got out so I can't tell you about all of them. They were small white buses to answer your question though.

(01-14-2021, 05:16 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm not sure if they are visible or not. I just remember the folks dressed in dark clothing but I didn't see everyone that got out so I can't tell you about all of them. They were small white buses to answer your question though.

That's funny because Charlie Kirk said he sent 80 busloads of people that were being dropped of during this. In reality, it was only 7, but kind of interesting that the only buses anyone can agree were there were from Turning Point USA.

(01-14-2021, 05:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's remove the Biden is my savior thing since I didn't even vote for the guy.  I'm interested in what you are asserting because you are providing a narrative that is completely different, and verifiable, from what the left and right are currently pushing.  I'm more interested in looking into your view of events rather than worrying about which people around here are sobering over Trump or Biden's respective crotches. 

That's understandable. I will tell you that I spoke with another person that was at the front of line at the capital and they said the police presence was surprisingly small and after the chaos started they witnessed police officers remove the barriers and actually wave people in. But I didn't want to mention that earlier because it came from someone else. I didn't see that for myself because I wasn't up there. Also I forgot to mention the buses weren't like school buses but more like large White RV's.

(01-14-2021, 05:16 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm not sure if they are visible or not. I just remember the folks dressed in dark clothing but I didn't see everyone that got out so I can't tell you about all of them. They were small white buses to answer your question though.

I'm not even trying to be a smartass here and you don't have to be specific, but have you reported this?  What are you describing seems to have slipped through the collective viewpoint of the country, the media, and law enforcement.  

(01-14-2021, 05:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's funny because Charlie Kirk sent 80 busloads of people that were being dropped of during this.

Travel buses or RV's? Because the ones I saw were RV's?

(01-14-2021, 05:23 PM)Mer Wrote: Travel buses or RV's? Because the ones I saw were RV's?

No clue, but the only account that has constantly come up around people being bused in is the Turning Point USA folks.

(01-14-2021, 05:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not even trying to be a smartass here and you don't have to be specific, but have you reported this?  What are you describing seems to have slipped through the collective viewpoint of the country, the media, and law enforcement.  

I don't believe its slipped through anything. There's an agenda at hand. It starts by dividing the American people to distract them from what's really going on. 

(01-14-2021, 05:22 PM)Mer Wrote: That's understandable. I will tell you that I spoke with another person that was at the front of line at the capital and they said the police presence was surprisingly small and after the chaos started they witnessed police officers remove the barriers and actually wave people in. But I didn't want to mention that earlier because it came from someone else. I didn't see that for myself because I wasn't up there. Also I forgot to mention the buses weren't like school buses but more like large White RV's.

The walk from the initial rally point to the capitol would take approximately 33 minutes for the 1.6 miles.  Depending on how far you made it before the dark clothed figures appeared it's hard to say what role they played in the event.  Though I appreciate you keeping things to what you directly observed. 

(01-14-2021, 05:26 PM)Mer Wrote: I don't believe its slipped through anything. There's an agenda at hand. It starts by dividing the American people to distract them from what's really going on. 

There could be a clear agenda, but that seems like a lot of uncertainty and speculation and you seem to have a pretty clear viewpoint of who is wrong and who is right as far as left vs right goes in this case.  That doesn't add up with what sounds like an unidentified 3rd party with allegiances and role in this situation being unknown.

Well, it's interesting if nothing else.  Guess that's the main takeaway.

(01-14-2021, 05:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The walk from the initial rally point to the capitol would take approximately 33 minutes for the 1.6 miles.  Depending on how far you made it before the dark clothed figures appeared it's hard to say what role they played in the event.  Though I appreciate you keeping things to what you directly observed. 

There could be a clear agenda, but that seems like a lot of uncertainty and speculation and you seem to have a pretty clear viewpoint of who is wrong and who is right as far as left vs right goes in this case.  That doesn't add up with what sounds like an unidentified 3rd party with allegiances and role in this situation being unknown.

Well, it's interesting if nothing else.  Guess that's the main takeaway.

I'm glad I was able to share my experience with you. I'm sorry if I came off gruff in my first response to you.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Belsnickel - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 04:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To all these, Trump called for a peaceful protest.

Police removed barrircade, so what's the natural reaction going to be? To go further.

If you'll look at the timeline of everything, you'll see that the police and guards at the Capitol start spraying the crowd with hoses when things didn't look like they were out of control, so you don't think that played a part in the crowd getting agitated?

You want Trump to have called for peace? How many of these protesters do you think were opening their phones in the middle of this mess to check the internet and to be somewhere quiet enough for them to hear the President asking them to stop?

The mob did all this because they were provoked by the guards and the police.

My last question to you all is this: if you don't think that they were provoked by the police and guards, what was their motive? What did they want the end result to be? Why didn't they follow through to achieve that end result once inside?

Wait, so the narrative now is that the police provoked the attack? That's interesting. It's also what the rioters claimed all year long about the BLM/Antifa protests that turned violent.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BFritz21 - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 06:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait, so the narrative now is that the police provoked the attack? That's interesting. It's also what the rioters claimed all year long about the BLM/Antifa protests that turned violent.

Spraying with water to anger the crowd and then waving them into the building isn't provoking?

What do you call that?

How were BLM/Antifa protestors treated in the same way?  Were police or store owners waving them into the stores to loot and steal?

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BmorePat87 - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Spraying with water to anger the crowd and then waving them into the building isn't provoking?

What do you call that?

How were BLM/Antifa protestors treated in the same way?  Were police or store owners waving them into the stores to loot and steal?

Law enforcement literally beat, tear gassed, and shot rubber bullets at peaceful protestors who were on private property that they had been given permission to use in order for the President to use that private property for a photo op.

But some terrorists were sprayed with stuff as they tried to break into the Capitol.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Lucidus - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Spraying with water to anger the crowd and then waving them into the building isn't provoking?

What do you call that?

Your continuous attempts to equivocate, explain away or avoid condemnation of the Capital insurrection is rather troubling. As I'm not familiar with you as a poster, I'm unable to determine if these are your actual feelings or simply an attempt to procure argument.

There seems to be a couple of rather obvious factors at play with those who are currently following a similar pattern when it comes to the Capital events and conspiratorial mindsets in general; one is a noticeably limited cognitive capacity by many in regards to parsing fact from fiction, while the other is an intentional ignorance that provides one with comfort and a notion of righteousness within the confines of their own ideology. 

Of course, there are many other conclusions that can be reached rather easily as you examine the spectrum. Some are simply gullible by nature, some want to feel part of a "movement", some are simply uninterested when it comes to researching or educating themselves, while other are nefarious with the intent -- simply wanting to create chaos and division.

Whatever your own motives or beliefs, I must ask why it is so hard for you to simply condemn the actions and intentions of those that chose raid the Capitol, cause harm to others and attempt to overturn a legitimate election? 

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Belsnickel - 01-14-2021

What do you call that?

I've seen a large number of photos and video from that day, and not one did I see anyone that looked as though they had been sprayed by a hose. You've been fed lies, Brad. As for waving them in, it has been reported that the command told them not to escalate things as people were breaking in. You know, like the ones that were literally breaking windows and doors to get into the building.

Anyway, there have been many arguments made that BLM protestors were met with an outsized and overly aggressive police presence at peaceful rallies. It was only after this police presence arrived that things escalated into violence. All I am saying is the excuse you are using is the exact same excuse used by BLM/Antifa rioters and dismissed. I am not agreeing with their claims, I am merely pointing out the same excuses being used.

If you break the law, whether BLM, Antifa, or Vanilla ISIS, then you should face charges. The U.S. District Attorney is going to be working overtime throwing the book at all the MAGA folks that decided to engage in their seditious conspiracies. Make no mistake, the insurrectionists are terrorists, and you're continuing to defend them.