Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
I can't believe that there isn't a thread about this.

A few things:

-People are complaining that tear gas wasn't used and force wasn't used. Tear gas was used in one section outside the building.

-They weren't rioting just to steal things like the people did in all of the riots where a black person was killed by police, which is why tear gas wasn't used.

-they weren't stealing anything.

-they were standing up because they feel that the government gave Biden the election, which the Declaration of Independence states that it is the right and the duty of the people to overthrow the government when it is doing wrong.

Are people just going to ignore the glaring contradictions out of fear of being called racist?
Things were stolen. property destroyed. A Capital Police officer injured just died from his injuries. Rioting is wrong. Shouldn't loot a Target, but shouldn't attack the Capital. Declaration of Independence is not the Constitution and attempting to overthrow the United States government is a crime.
There are several threads covering this. Most of what you listed has been refuted. The rest is ridiculous.

Capitol Police officer dies . . . not a lot of info though.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-police-officer-dead-after-riot/index.html
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Be nice guys, or people aren't going to feel comfortable defending domestic terrorism on this board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-07-2021, 09:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't believe that there isn't a thread about this.

A few things:

-People are complaining that tear gas wasn't used and force wasn't used.  Tear gas was used in one section outside the building.  

-They weren't rioting just to steal things like the people did in all of the riots where a black person was killed by police, which is why tear gas wasn't used.

-they were standing up because they feel that the government gave Biden the election, which the Declaration of Independence states that it is the right and the duty of the people to overthrow the government when it is doing wrong.

Are people just going to ignore the glaring contradictions out of fear of being called racist?

-They did steal things. Notes were stolen from Nancy Pelosi's office, the podium was stolen, a laptop was stolen, a John Lewis shrine was destroyed and a whole host of other things. Windows were broken, doors kicked down. This, specifically, is why a protester was shot and killed. The protesters broke the window and she tried jumping through it. Other people have died as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/06/signs-podiums-tv-equipment-trump-supporters-loot-and-destroy-during-capitol-hill-takeover/?sh=489f29e51d7c

-Their feelings are wrong. At this point, there is zero reason to believe that the government gave Biden the election. It goes against all logical thought and reason to believe that Biden stole the election. You can attribute the BLM riots and protests to people feeling like cops are unjustifiably and exceptionally lethal towards black people, which would at least have more substance and evidence to it, but I am sure that you disagree with those protests.

This is a pretty shitty take, Fritz. Come on.
(01-07-2021, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Be nice guys, or people aren't going to feel comfortable defending domestic terrorism on this board.

The gloves are off on this one. I'll do my best to not the cross the coc tho, as hard as it may be.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(01-07-2021, 09:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The gloves are off on this one. I'll do my best to not the cross the coc tho, as hard as it may be.

Same. What we saw was domestic terrorism. No quarter.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-07-2021, 09:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't believe that there isn't a thread about this.

A few things:

-People are complaining that tear gas wasn't used and force wasn't used.  Tear gas was used in one section outside the building.  

Enough, dude. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
The OP is probably the only guy here who voted for Pence and we are supposed to tell him Why armed invaders who were chanting to hang him aren't awesome? What planet are we on?
(01-07-2021, 09:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Same. What we saw was domestic terrorism. No quarter.

You, others, and myself have different opinions on quite a few things for sure. But those are all petty compared to what happened yesterday.

Yesterday was the culmination of years of Trump's countless lies, and him blatently spreading false propaganda the moment he knew he lost the election that there was "widespread fraud".

Barr, Kelly, Geraldo Rivero, Lindsey Graham, and now so many others are calling Trump out on his false propaganda bullshit that convinced so many people that it was a stolen election.

So for anyone that believes in Trumps propaganda that he says and the right wing media twats are regurgitating still today, see my post above.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

A few things:

-People are complaining that tear gas wasn't used and force wasn't used. Tear gas was used in one section outside the building.

They're f**ckhead simpletons, that are lucky they aren't being hanged.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-07-2021, 09:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: -They did steal things. Notes were stolen from Nancy Pelosi's office, the podium was stolen, a laptop was stolen, a John Lewis shrine was destroyed and a whole host of other things. Windows were broken, doors kicked down. This, specifically, is why a protester was shot and killed. The protesters broke the window and she tried jumping through it. Other people have died as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/06/signs-podiums-tv-equipment-trump-supporters-loot-and-destroy-during-capitol-hill-takeover/?sh=489f29e51d7c

-Their feelings are wrong. At this point, there is zero reason to believe that the government gave Biden the election. It goes against all logical thought and reason to believe that Biden stole the election. You can attribute the BLM riots and protests to people feeling like cops are unjustifiably and exceptionally lethal towards black people, which would at least have more substance and evidence to it, but I am sure that you disagree with those protests.

This is a pretty shitty take, Fritz. Come on.

So you're equating stealing those things- a podium, laptop, notes, John Lewis shrine- with looting stores just to steal everything of value?

I'd love to see the financial losses compared to from that to the riots.

Their may have been a few bad people, but it doesn't sound like a lot, and it's nowhere near the equivalent of the looting and stealing from a lot of stores in the riots.
(01-07-2021, 10:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you're equating stealing those things- a podium, laptop, notes, John Lewis shrine- with looting stores just to steal everything of value?

Their may have been a few bad people, but it doesn't sound like a lot, and it's nowhere near the equivalent of the looting and stealing from a lot of stores in the riots.

No, I’m disputing your statement of “they weren’t stealing anything”.
(01-07-2021, 10:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you're equating stealing those things- a podium, laptop, notes, John Lewis shrine- with looting stores just to steal everything of value?

“National security equities” may have been among the records stolen from the Capitol on Wednesday when pro-Trump insurgents stormed the building and looted several congressional offices, the Justice Department said in a briefing Thursday.“

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-hill-riots-doj-456178

Another interesting piece of news from the same article:

“One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.“
The massive national security implications of yesterday have not even been talked about much. Every electronic in the building must be considered compromised. Classified information was kept throughout that building and who knows what may have been taken. All computers will need wiped completely as a spyware can be loaded within seconds from USBs to unlocked computers and we know atleast Pelosi’s computer was open as it was on her email from pictures, which means her email was compromised.

This among a hundred other reasons is why it’s nothing like other events we have seen.
(01-07-2021, 09:42 PM)Destro Wrote: Things were stolen. property destroyed. A Capital Police officer injured just died from his injuries. Rioting is wrong. Shouldn't loot a Target, but shouldn't attack the Capital. Declaration of Independence is not the Constitution and attempting to overthrow the United States government is a crime.

Hit in head with fire extinguisher.
Dude, you're defending sedition.

Please reflect on why you feel the need to defend these people.
By your measure, people who don't like Trump should just go into the White House and take over.

A few things:

Most of the discussion has been in the Proud Boys thread.

To the points: You say tear gas was used, then it wasn't? 

They stole stuff.  There's literally video of them stealing stuff. 

Is it standing up when you're completely wrong, or just expressing your frustration? If I say the sky is green and someone says it's not, am I justified in breaking into their work place, shooting people, stealing their stuff and breaking things?

Racism? You've lost me here, Brad. A bunch of guys try to pillage the Capitol out of frustration that Congress didn't impose their dictator. If this was South America, we'd be sending in troops. Instead, there's a segment of "patriots" cheering on the actions. 
(01-07-2021, 10:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The OP is probably the only guy here who voted for Pence and we are supposed to tell him Why armed invaders who were chanting to hang him aren't awesome?  What planet are we on?

Well, to be fair, according to some posters here anyone who wasn't constantly lambasting Trump was a Trump supporter/voter.  But to your point, yeah, I don't think any of the more conservative leaning posters here voted for Trump either time.