Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(01-08-2021, 06:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As much as I would love for that to be the case, that isn't constitutional. It would take a constitutional amendment to formalize that. Article II is clear on this. Congress may hold the purse strings for the military, but it is the POTUS that is the Commander in Chief. Period.

Do you foresee any changes coming in the future with regard to presidential powers? IMO the way Trump has abused the power of his office I could see the legislative branch and possibly the judicial branch taking action to make sure a future president can't pervert the office of president the way the current president has. Before all is said and done the president may have to get congressional approval to break wind in the future....I'm kidding of course....maybe. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-08-2021, 07:32 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Do you foresee any changes coming in the future with regard to presidential powers? IMO the way Trump has abused the power of his office I could see the legislative branch and possibly the judicial branch taking action to make sure a future president can't pervert the office of president the way the current president has. Before all is said and done the president may have to get congressional approval to break wind in the future....I'm kidding of course....maybe. Ninja

Honestly, I don't know. Both parties have an interest in maintaining the presidential form of government that we have and maintaining a strong one at that. By realigning power and putting more in the hands of Congress, it just means that more hoops have to be jumped through and more elections won in order to carry out their agenda. We are hearing some talk about bolstering our democracy from the Democrats, but I don't expect much of anything from them. The reforms that are needed would require politicos to lose power, the people to gain power, and would require constitutional amendments. Given the current state of partisanship in Washington and division among the people, there wouldn't be enough agreement for substantial reforms.

I, personally, have stated many times that I am in favor of a new constitution. I subscribe to the Jefferson school of thought regarding that document, that it should only last for two generations (or 19 years thereabouts) before it is scrapped and redone. I would also not object to a bit of a weaker executive were that to happen. I think the powers of the executive were granted in 1789 with the idea of "well, at least it ain't a monarch!" We can do better than that, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-08-2021, 06:00 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I'm tired of your biased bullshit also. Thanks.

You tired of Bel's biased bullshit too, because he made the same point?  But you certainly made a persuasive argument here.
(01-08-2021, 08:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, she probably often visualized her death coming as a result of lawless terrorists.  She was just wrong about being of of 'em at the time.  But lordy, getting trampled to death so people could break stuff and take selfies...grand. I'd have more dignity telling St. Peter I got trampled trying to get into a Butthole Surfers concert.

Whatever happened to those guys?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-08-2021, 08:38 PM)jason Wrote: Whatever happened to those guys?

I don't know, I just picked the crappiest, least logical band out of my mind that I could.  Side note, what are the odds Trump resists the urge to call for some sort of "peaceful" fight fight fight gun gun gun win win win rally/march for the inauguration he won't be at?  The fact that Trump won't be there has me a bit concerned he's going to encourage people to cause another ruckus. 

(01-08-2021, 08:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You tired of Bel's biased bullshit too, because he made the same point?  But you certainly made a persuasive argument here.

I believe you mean Bel-shit.
(01-08-2021, 08:38 PM)jason Wrote: Whatever happened to those guys?

I know Gibbey Haynes had an alcohol problem, but I think it's the same story as with any band.  They either keep touring into the ground like Thrill Kill Kult or they just fade away.
(01-08-2021, 09:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know Gibbey Haynes had an alcohol problem, but I think it's the same story as with any band.  They either keep touring into the ground like Thrill Kill Kult or they just fade away.

I'd all but forgotten about them, and now his vocals from Jesus Built My Hotrod are stuck in my head. Speaking of which... I saw in another thread you and Forever Spinning were having a back and forth about metal... You'd posted that you saw Pantera at a really small club. I actually saw them fairly early on too, but they were opening for Exodus... Anyway.

What I was getting to was back in 2004 I was living in Columbus, and a friend and I had a choice to make on a Tuesday or Thursday night. Go see Ministry... Or go check out Dimebag Darrell's band (who's name escapes me right now). We decided on Ministry. That was the night Darrell was murdered on stage... The friend I went to the Ministry show with went to high school with the guy who shot him. One of those times where I'm glad I made the decision I did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Apparently storming the capitol and 5 deaths is what it took for Twitter to finally ban Trump.
(01-08-2021, 09:18 PM)jason Wrote: I'd all but forgotten about them, and now his vocals from Jesus Built My Hotrod are stuck in my head. Speaking of which... I saw in another thread you and Forever Spinning were having a back and forth about metal... You'd posted that you saw Pantera at a really small club. I actually saw them fairly early on too, but they were opening for Exodus... Anyway.

What I was getting to was back in 2004 I was living in Columbus, and a friend and I had a choice to make on a Tuesday or Thursday night. Go see Ministry... Or go check out Dimebag Darrell's band (who's name escapes me right now). We decided on Ministry. That was the night Darrell was murdered on stage... The friend I went to the Ministry show with went to high school with the guy who shot him. One of those times where I'm glad I made the decision I did.

Holy shit!  That is crazy.  I've seen Ministry more than any other band, they were a staple and I didn't miss a tour from The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste until Relapse (also saw Revolting Cocks and Lard).  Al Jourgenson used to be the coolest guy on the planet, but he really let the habit get the best of him and he's turned into a circus sideshow freak.  I worked at Coachella for about thirteen years straight and met a lot of interesting people who tour for a living.  One of the guys previously worked with Al and the stories he told me were equally crazy and sad.  I won't get in to too much detail, as I clearly can't independently corroborate them, but he did tell me that Al has all his toes amputated but his big toes because he shot up into them so much.  I honestly wasn't sure if I believed that until I read a later interview with Al in which he stated he had some toes amputated because he "stepped on a rusty nail and got infected".

Nice to meet another Ministry fan, they were so good for so damn long and not many people seem to know about them.  I saw Paul Barker playing with Puscifer on their last tour and it was like seeing an old friend.  Animositisomina was really their last great album from start to finish and Barker's leaving really left a void.

And I just realized we're turning P&R into the metal/industrial music of the 80 and 90's forum.  Cool
(01-08-2021, 09:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Apparently storming the capitol and 5 deaths is what it took for Twitter to finally ban Trump.

In all fairness, banning the POTUS is a huge step to take.
Well golly, who knew sedition, burglary, rioting, trespassing, trying to overthrow our government, threatening government officials with death, conspiracy to overthrow democracy and how many more crimes were committed were illegal n stuff? To hear Brad tell it they merely forgot to lick the stamp before putting a letter in a mailbox. And besides..BLM members probably mailed a letter without proper postage too.. See? Both sides do it! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(01-08-2021, 09:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In all fairness, banning the POTUS is a huge step to take.

Who you are shouldn’t change how TOS get applied. It’s a private company, they shouldn’t treat the POTUS any different unless it’s more strictly enforcing their TOS as they should to all public figures because their violations can cause more harm as we have seen.
(01-08-2021, 09:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Who you are shouldn’t change how TOS get applied.

Dude, what country did you grow up in?  Cool  This is by no means unique to Trump.
(01-08-2021, 10:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, what country did you grow up in?  Cool  This is by no means unique to Trump.

Just imagine had he been held accountable, 5 people wouldn’t be dead now. That isn’t even getting into his intentional use of social media to spread disinformation about COVID that resulted in thousands of deaths.
(01-08-2021, 08:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You tired of Bel's biased bullshit too, because he made the same point?  But you certainly made a persuasive argument here.

Look, I understand your stance when it comes to groups like Antifa. I also agree that ANY group that breaks the law and commits acts of violence and looting should be dealt with. I also understand your frustration that you think there was not enough being done to the lawbreakers in those cities. I agree.

But if you think for one minute that groups like Antifa or BLM lives matter would've been allowed to storm the Capitol that easy, you're sadly mistaken. For one thing that mob that went to and invaded the Capitol were spurned on by Trump himself, but like the true coward Trump is he did not march down there with them like he said he would. Instead he hi-tailed it back to the White House to watch the scum of the earth do his bidding on TV and according to Ben Sasse, Trump was overjoyed with what was happening at the Capitol and was puzzled that others were not sharing his glee.

The one big difference I see between groups like Antifa/BLM and whatever you want to call those people that went down to the Capitol...
"Proud Boys", "Nazi's", "white supremacist", or just the "misguided", I'll just lump them together and call them 'The cult of Trump", anyway, they have the backing of the most powerful man in the world.That's the difference.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

In the middle of the siege, Trump called GOP Sen Mike Lee’s cell phone mistakenly believing it to be Tuberville. He called to ask him to delay the certification of the electors... during the middle of the attack...

Lee later got a voicemail from Giuliani:

“Sen. Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer. I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you. I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it ... the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow -- ideally until the end of tomorrow."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Trump attempted to tweet from the official POTUS account and Twitter deleted his tweets. If I get a 2AM text from the emergency mass alert system from Trump complaining I’m about to be pissed.
(01-08-2021, 09:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Apparently storming the capitol and 5 deaths is what it took for Twitter to finally ban Trump.

Capitalism is a crazy thing. I’m sure the faux crowd and their offspring will want to end capitalism now that their god has been banned.
(01-08-2021, 09:18 PM)jason Wrote: I'd all but forgotten about them, and now his vocals from Jesus Built My Hotrod are stuck in my head. Speaking of which... I saw in another thread you and Forever Spinning were having a back and forth about metal... You'd posted that you saw Pantera at a really small club. I actually saw them fairly early on too, but they were opening for Exodus... Anyway.

I may have to re-think my pseudonym after that usage.

Sorry, more off-topic but you brought back some vivid memories. And sorry if this comes off as "ME" centered. There's a lot of "I" in this post.

You missed Damageplan. That's wild you had to unknowingly make a dramatic choice. The closest that I can come to that is "Nah, I'll catch Stevie Ray Vaughn next time he comes through". Decisions, decisions.

I was on the air that night. I was never a huge fan of Pantera(I like their first six, including the three buttrock albums) but I still had to play them every night. I had to talk many callers off the ledge because he was a God to many people about ten years younger than me. I was providing therapy to people all night long. These people were bawling and needed a shoulder to cry on. I said about 5 or 6 times that night "Hey, man. I'm not hanging up on you. I'm putting you on hold for about a minute, I gotta do a mic break. I'll be right back." I later played the song by the German band Rage called See You In Heaven Or Hell and it struck a nerve with listeners. It became a nightly request dedicated to Dimebag after that.

The next night, I was reading Blabbermouth at the studio and I was doing fine. Sad story, but I had about 50-60 bands that I liked more than Pantera so I wasn't affected by his loss like my listeners. Then I got to the letter written by the Mom of the guy that didn't run away. He ran onstage trying to help Dimebag and after his failed efforts, while still kneeling next to Darrell, he turned to look at the murderer and got shot in the face. Her letter didn't make me cry . . . but the amazing responses by the Metalheads to her. . . I finally joined my listeners and lost it for about 20 minutes. It forced me to skip a scheduled mic break. Those responses were so powerful, later that night, Machine Head's Rob Flynn (VIO-LENCE!) sent in a letter stating something like "While I'm still crushed at the loss of my brother in Metal, while reading the responses to that heroes Mother, I have never been prouder to call myself a Metalhead. Blabbermouthers. Tonight shows why we call ourselves a Metal family"

I got nothing more. I threw on that Rage song and some Pantera while typing this up. Thanks for reading.

Trump bad. Twitter good.

Coming soon if you haven't heard it yet. There are 32 different law enforcement offices in DC. Apparently, the DC Mayor refused help offered by the National Guard and another agency BEFORE Trump's rally. She didn't like the LEOs without name badges and how there were competing LEOs that weren't communicating with each other when Barr and Trump cleared the plaza for the photo op earlier in the Summer so she refused their offers for support before the rally. I'm sure that's only part of it but WOW. That's going to be a mark on her. She might be forced to resign after this.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(01-08-2021, 10:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

In the middle of the siege, Trump called GOP Sen Mike Lee’s cell phone mistakenly believing it to be Tuberville. He called to ask him to delay the certification of the electors... during the middle of the attack...

Lee later got a voicemail from Giuliani:

“Sen. Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer. I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you. I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it ... the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow -- ideally until the end of tomorrow."

They were targeting those new Republican members trying to get them to object and slow down the electoral vote count just to sow even more doubt in the heads of the Trump Cult. Trump and Giuliani are now considered PURE EVIL in my book. They are doing their best to try to start a Civil War in our country.

There is talk now that the human scum, I now call the Trump Cult, are planning a second attack on the U.S. Capitol for January 17th.
Trump has now been banned from Twitter permanently and Google has removed the Parlor app. from the Google store.
Trump is now trying to tweet from other Twitter accounts and vows to start his own social media site.( Gee, who didn't see that coming.)