Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Storming Of The Capitol Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Storming Of The Capitol Building (/Thread-Storming-Of-The-Capitol-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BigPapaKain - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 04:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm totally fine with that, as long as we don't forget why the business in every major city boarded up on election day.  Don't pretend for one second it wouldn't have been a bloodbath in many areas of the country if Trump had won.

You keep bringing that up. Is there any actual evidence that people were planning to do anything if Trump won? (Genuine question - I remember the boarding up of buildings and shook my head at the embarrassment of it)

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 05:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You keep bringing that up. Is there any actual evidence that people were planning to do anything if Trump won? (Genuine question - I remember the boarding up of buildings and shook my head at the embarrassment of it)

Seriously?  Every single big city police department, and local law enforcement was on high alert.  Given the number of riots leading up to it, do you really think Trump's reelection would have been greeted as peacefully as Biden's win?

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Nately120 - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 05:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seriously?  Every single big city police department, and local law enforcement was on high alert.  Given the number of riots leading up to it, do you really think Trump's reelection would have been greeted as peacefully as Biden's win?

Ida know...even on election night once Trump won FL and OH liberals had a whole lotta "give up" in them.  

(01-22-2021, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...even on election night once Trump won FL and OH liberals had a whole lotta "give up" in them.  

There's a huge difference between might be and definitely.  

(01-22-2021, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's a huge difference between might be and definitely.  

Trust me, I'm not going to bat for liberals when I say they seemed like they were ready to roll over and die on election night.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BigPapaKain - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 05:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seriously?  Every single big city police department, and local law enforcement was on high alert.  Given the number of riots leading up to it, do you really think Trump's reelection would have been greeted as peacefully as Biden's win?

A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Arturo Bandini - 01-22-2021

You are mixing facts that happened and things that could have happen ...

I very highly doubt that if Trump had won, Biden would have call to rush the capitol to hang them all.

(01-22-2021, 05:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trust me, I'm not going to bat for liberals when I say they seemed like they were ready to roll over and die on election night.

Oh, I know.

(01-22-2021, 06:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

Would it?  This is the internet, so I doubt that.   Cool

(01-22-2021, 06:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: You are mixing facts that happened and things that could have happen ...

I very highly doubt that if Trump had won, Biden would have call to rush the capitol to hang them all.

Yeah, you're not following what I'm saying.  Do I think that a Trump win would have precipitated a storm of the Capitol Building, no.  Do I think a Trump win would have resulted in wide spread rioting, arson and looting in major cities, absolutely.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Tiger Teeth - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 03:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To expose and arrest Biden, Obama, and the Clintons (that's why Jimmy Carter stayed home...he got the heads-up) and the rest of Hollywood for being satanic baby eaters?

Lol Pretty much.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Tiger Teeth - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 04:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm totally fine with that, as long as we don't forget why the business in every major city boarded up on election day.  Don't pretend for one second it wouldn't have been a bloodbath in many areas of the country if Trump had won.

Well thankfully we'll never know.  I'm seriously doubting they would have been as brazen as the white extremists that were calling to hang Mike Pence.  That doesn't strike you as insane?

(01-22-2021, 07:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well thankfully we'll never know.

This is true.

Quote:I'm seriously doubting they would have been as brazen as the white extremists that were calling to hang Mike Pence. 

I absolutely can't agree with you there.  Did we not have four years of people calling to blow up the White House, shooting Trump in music videos and holding his bloody decapitated head in photos?  And that's only three celebrity examples off the top of my head.  If you want a better view of what would have happened, look at what's continuing to happen in Portland and Seattle even though Trump lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/us/portland-riot-protesters-charged/index.html

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/biden-and-cops-wont-stop-them-until-portland-is-burned-down/

Quote:That doesn't strike you as insane?

All of it does.  I wish most other people felt the same way.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - hollodero - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 09:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I absolutely can't agree with you there.  Did we not have four years of people calling to blow up the White House, shooting Trump in music videos and holding his bloody decapitated head in photos?  And that's only three celebrity examples off the top of my head.  If you want a better view of what would have happened, look at what's continuing to happen in Portland and Seattle even though Trump lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/us/portland-riot-protesters-charged/index.html

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/biden-and-cops-wont-stop-them-until-portland-is-burned-down/

I have to say, Madonna and Kathy Whateverhername are not really proof of anything but that they are, well, two strange characters. Many tried to make them emblematic of a significant portion of the left, but maybe they just aren't. I think they aren't, and their stunts aren't that important.

I also feel it's a little simplified to regard Portland protests/riots as merely a leftists/liberals protesting conservatives/Trump issue. I'd rather believe it's about issues that are not automatically regarded solved for good just because Trump lost. This, of course, is not meant as a defense, but I just think your proof for certain leftist riots in case of a Trump win is a bit thin. 
I clearly see that it might have happened, sure. But as a wise man recently said: There's a huge difference between might be and definitely.

(01-22-2021, 09:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have to say, Madonna and Kathy Whateverhername are not really proof of anything but that they are, well, two strange characters. Many tried to make them emblematic of a significant portion of the left, but maybe they just aren't. I think they aren't, and their stunts aren't that important.

I don't put much credence in celebrities doing anything.  I was pointing out that calls for violence are hardly confined to the far right.

Quote:I also feel it's a little simplified to regard Portland protests/riots as merely a leftists/liberals protesting conservatives/Trump issue. I'd rather believe it's about issues that are not automatically regarded solved for good just because Trump lost. This, of course, is not meant as a defense, but I just think your proof for certain leftist riots in case of a Trump win is a bit thin. 
I clearly see that it might have happened, sure. But as a wise man recently said: There's a huge difference between might be and definitely.

I don't fully disagree, but here's the issue.  Riots involving left wing protestors and causes were given insane amounts of leeway during the past nine or so months.  Doing so emboldened those so inclined to believe they could act with impunity, because they largely did.  DA's refused to file charges for criminal acts, mayors called off the police, and the media downplayed, glossed over or flat out excused the criminal conduct.  To me there is zero doubt there would have been significant left wing violence on election night if Trump had won.  I've said before, I dig you and I enjoy your perspective on things, but I think you're too far removed from this to have an accurate picture of it.

I do agree with you on Antifa though, they aren't just protesting Trump.  They're a bunch of shithead middle class kids larping as Bolsheviks, their issue is also with the US and capitalism in general.  But that doesn't change my opinion on what would have happened if Trump had won.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - hollodero - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't put much credence in celebrities doing anything.  I was pointing out that calls for violence are hardly confined to the far right.

That is definitely true. Those specific calls, though, are rather poor attempts of being funny or relevant, not really calls for actual violence. Kathy Griffin (I looked up her name, I'm such a freak) did not really aim to convince anyone to sewer off Trump's head. Which is a bt of a difference to the calls for violence on Breitbart Parlor etc. that absolutely wanted people to actually follow through.

(01-22-2021, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't fully disagree, but here's the issue.  Riots involving left wing protestors and causes were given insane amounts of leeway during the past nine or so months.  Doing so emboldened those so inclined to believe they could act with impunity, because they largely did.  DA's refused to file charges for criminal acts, mayors called off the police, and the media downplayed, glossed over or flat out excused the criminal conduct.  To me there is zero doubt there would have been significant left wing violence on election night if Trump had won.  I've said before, I dig you and I enjoy your perspective on things, but I think you're too far removed from this to have an accurate picture of it.

That is totally fair, and I usually do not get involved in any Portland etc. debates for that very reason. (And the one time I did, I largely agreed with this leeway aspect.)
My singular point was that those rioters imho can not so easily be identified with people ready for violence in case of a Trump win. If anything, according to your portrayal they seem ready for violence in any case. As you said, it continued anyway. Which seems to indicate it is not so much about party or the election in the first place.

(01-22-2021, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do agree with you on Antifa though, they aren't just protesting Trump.  They're a bunch of shithead middle class kids larping as Bolsheviks, their issue is also with the US and capitalism in general.  But that doesn't change my opinion on what would have happened if Trump had won.

Yeah, I wasn't aiming for changing your opinion. I just stated why your case does not fully convince me.

(01-22-2021, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't fully disagree, but here's the issue.  Riots involving left wing protestors and causes were given insane amounts of leeway during the past nine or so months. 

Maybe that's the vibe in CA, but around here the whole BLM riot stuff has pretty much put democrats on the same level as ISIS. The fact that we can't talk about the capitol riot without "but left-wing riots" being brought up makes me doubt how much leeway it got.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-25-2021

(01-22-2021, 10:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe that's the vibe in CA, but around here the whole BLM riot stuff has pretty much put democrats on the same level as ISIS.  The fact that we can't talk about the capitol riot without "but left-wing riots" being brought up makes me doubt how much leeway it got.

It's absolutely the vibe in CA, but it's also the vibe on the vast majority of news outlets.  To be sure, all of our perceptions are colored by where we reside, but the news outlets are international.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - GMDino - 01-30-2021

I won't share the video as it is NSFW and you can see a naughty word in the image.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1355283942165852160

This is one of the stop the steal organizers calling for the "Execution" of Trump foes.

Which, if I'm reading this correctly, is slightly worse than some people rioting and looting during an otherwise peaceful protest.  But hey..."both sides".  Mellow

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BigPapaKain - 01-30-2021

(01-30-2021, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: I won't share the video as it is NSFW and you can see a naughty word in the image.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1355283942165852160

This is one of the stop the steal organizers calling for the "Execution" of Trump foes.

Which, if I'm reading this correctly, is slightly worse than some people rioting and looting during an otherwise peaceful protest.  But hey..."both sides".  Mellow

The Party of Life sure is violent.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Au165 - 02-01-2021

After the coup last night in Myanmar I am sure Trump is watching going "See this is how it was supposed to go!". Seriously, this stuff is eye-opening because the claims they are using to justify it are scarily similar to the same claims we saw here.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BigPapaKain - 02-02-2021

(02-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: After the coup last night in Myanmar I am sure Trump is watching going "See this is how it was supposed to go!". Seriously, this stuff is eye-opening because the claims they are using to justify it are scarily similar to the same claims we saw here.

That's because fascism has time tested methods of taking root. Anyone with a head for history could see the writing on the walls here in America over the last few years.

It was never about the man, it was about what he was doing clear as day. But they still called it TDS.