Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Storming Of The Capitol Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Storming Of The Capitol Building (/Thread-Storming-Of-The-Capitol-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Belsnickel - 02-04-2021

Something a little lighter related to the storming:

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BFritz21 - 02-04-2021

Here's AOC, one of the faces of the Democratic party, claiming that she was in fear for her life and thought that this was the end for her!

Quote:Ocasio-Cortez said that rioters actually entered her office, forcing her to take refuge inside her bathroom after her legislative director Geraldo Bonilla-Chavez told her to “hide, hide, run and hide.”

“And so I run back into my office,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I slam my door. There’s another kind of like back area to my office, and I open it, and there’s a closet and a bathroom. And I jump into my bathroom.”

Ocasio-Cortez said [she] was hiding behind the door “and then I just start to hear these yells of, ‘Where is she?'”

As members of the mob banged against the door, Ocasio-Cortez believed “this was the moment where I thought everything was over.”

“And the weird thing about moments like these is that you lose all sense of time,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “In retrospect, maybe it was 4 seconds. Maybe it was 5 seconds, maybe it was 10 seconds. Maybe it was one second, I don’t know. It felt like my brain was able to have so many thoughts.”

“In between the screams and the yells,” Ocasio-Cortez added, “I mean, I thought I was going to die.”

She wasn't even in the Capitol building when it was breached. She was in the complex, which is connected by tunnels, but nowhere near the riots.

Quote:AOC wasn’t even in the Capitol building where all the action was going down. If she was in her office, she was in the Cannon Building which is nearby, but a different building. But of course, many didn’t get the logistics and just assumed that she was in the Capitol building.

According to Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC), who has an office in the same hall as AOC, two doors away, there were never any rioters in their hall so there was never any physical danger from rioters coming in at any point.

Typical Democrat drama queen playing the victim, and Dems won't call her out on this because she's so "important to the party" and the party is all about never downplaying what someone has gone through. You can't question "the victim," even though she was never anywhere close to being in danger.

There's more in the article, but you get the gist.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Au165 - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's AOC, one of the faces of the Democratic party, claiming that she was in fear for her life and thought that this was the end for her!

She wasn't even in the Capitol building when it was breached.  She was in the complex, which is connected by tunnels, but nowhere near the riots.

Typical Democrat drama queen playing the victim, and Dems won't call her out on this because she's so "important to the party" and the party is all about never downplaying what someone has gone through.  You can't question "the victim," even though she was never anywhere close to being in danger.

Here is Nancy Mace the person claiming AOC was never in danger...claiming she was in danger two doors down from her.

[Image: EtZIGMlWgAEIv42?format=jpg&name=small]

(02-04-2021, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is Nancy Mace the person claiming AOC was never in danger...claiming she was in danger two doors down from her.

[Image: EtZIGMlWgAEIv42?format=jpg&name=small]

You mean a Republican is now lying to make a Democrat look bad, and someone blindly chose to accept their lie? That would never happen.

(02-04-2021, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean a Republican is now lying to make a Democrat look bad, and someone blindly chose to accept their lie? That would never happen.

It's worth noting that this is being framed as if AOC claimed the mob was banging on her door and Mace trying to act as if that's a lie. AOC never claimed the person banging on her door screaming was rioters, she claimed she didn't know who it was but as it was occurring she feared for her life hiding in her office. It turned out to be a Capitol Police Officer who didn't identify themselves, but it doesn't change the fact someone WAS banging on her door while she was hiding (like Mace).

Here is the actual statement in the article of what she said.

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-hid-bathroom-during-capitol-riot-thought-she-was-going-die-1565977

(02-04-2021, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's worth noting that this is being framed as if AOC claimed the mob was banging on her door and Mace trying to act as if that's a lie. AOC never claimed the person banging on her door screaming was rioters, she claimed she didn't know who it was but as it was occurring she feared for her life. It turned out to be a Capitol Police Officer who didn't identify themselves, but it doesn't change the fact someone WAS banging on her door while she was hiding (like Mace) asking "where is she". 

Here is the actual statement in the article of what she said.

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-hid-bathroom-during-capitol-riot-thought-she-was-going-die-1565977

Yeah, I saw that. It's almost as if one side is acting in bad faith with their accusations.

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Nately120 - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's AOC, one of the faces of the Democratic party, claiming that she was in fear for her life and thought that this was the end for her!

She wasn't even in the Capitol building when it was breached.  She was in the complex, which is connected by tunnels, but nowhere near the riots.

Typical Democrat drama queen playing the victim, and Dems won't call her out on this because she's so "important to the party" and the party is all about never downplaying what someone has gone through.  You can't question "the victim," even though she was never anywhere close to being in danger.

Agreed.  People being killed near you doesn't give you the right to be worried.   

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 02-04-2021

Wow. It's almost as if Bfritz believes anything he reads from the right because it re-enforces his beliefs and displays it as truth without any fact checking.

The Daily Wire . . . LOL

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - masonbengals fan - 02-04-2021

The sooner people realize that all of these politicians are liars & hypocrites the better. I truly don't believe a principled & honest man/woman could survive in Washington. Sad state of affairs all around.

(02-04-2021, 03:54 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The sooner people realize that all of these politicians are liars & hypocrites the better. I truly don't believe a principled & honest man/woman could survive in Washington. Sad state of affairs all around.

So they're all lying about how awful the other side is...so both sides are ok?  I'm confused. 

(02-04-2021, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So they're all lying about how awful the other side is...so both sides are ok?  I'm confused. 

Neither side is ok is about where I'm at. 

(02-04-2021, 04:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Neither side is ok is about where I'm at. 

Ooh I love riddles.  Ok, are you in a gay bath house in Israel?

(02-04-2021, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ooh I love riddles.  Ok, are you in a gay bath house in Israel?

No here at home in the good ole (depending on your view point I guess)  USA listening to an old Aerosmith tune in your honor. 

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - BFritz21 - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  People being killed near you doesn't give you the right to be worried.   

.3 miles away.  And not even in the same building.  The lady's office she went to that was next door wasn't worried, so why was AOC?  Did that woman just not care about dying?  AOC was completely freaking out, but this woman was just too stupid to know what was going on?

How did she know people had died?  And they mostly died from things like a heart attack or being trampled.  Only one person was shot and it was by Capitol police. 

Tell me again why she was worried?  
(02-04-2021, 03:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Wow. It's almost as if Bfritz believes anything he reads from the right because it re-enforces his beliefs and displays it as truth without any fact checking.

The Daily Wire . . . LOL

What didn't I fact check?

Again, typical Democrat relies on emotion and insults rather than the facts.  Why was AOC thinking it was the end when the woman next door wasn't even worried?

(02-04-2021, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: .3 miles away.  And not even in the same building.  The lady's office she went to that was next door wasn't worried, so why was AOC?  Did that woman just not care about dying?  AOC was completely freaking out, but this woman was just too stupid to know what was going on?

How did she know people had died?  And they mostly died from things like a heart attack or being trampled.  Only one person was shot and it was by Capitol police. 

Again, typical Democrat relies on emotion and insults rather than the facts.  Why was AOC thinking it was the end when the woman next door wasn't even worried?

You keep saying the woman next door wasn't worried, she absolutely was per her own admission (which I posted above). Just because she changed her story now doesn't make it true. The issue is she is lying now and you are simply believing it without any interest in fact-checking it. 

(02-04-2021, 04:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No here at home in the good ole (depending on your view point I guess)  USA listening to an old Aerosmith tune in your honor. 

Ouch, you had me until Aerosmith. 

(02-04-2021, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: .3 miles away.  And not even in the same building.  The lady's office she went to that was next door wasn't worried, so why was AOC?  Did that woman just not care about dying?  AOC was completely freaking out, but this woman was just too stupid to know what was going on?

Ida know.  Why are people in Kansas worried about Muslim terrorists?  Everyone but me is just a coward. 

(02-04-2021, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ouch, you had me until Aerosmith. 

I'm the youth of the 70's  Rock On

RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - jason - 02-04-2021

I think you're a good dude in general, but your downplaying of those **** heads that tried to overturn an election (I get it, you don't believe the results) is a bad look. You dont know the first thing about AOC or what she's been through... Just as I don't know the first thing about your experiences.... And very few things in life are "typical". You're a Trump guy, but that doesn't mean that I get to say that "Brad's a typical Trump terrorist who should be sitting in Guantanamo with the rest of 'em... Indefinitely.". I have a hard time believing that you even know a Democrat... How would you know what's typical?