Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? (/Thread-Opinion-DeSantis-2024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 03:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why would Republicans lock immigrant kids up and separate babies from mothers?

They see them as subhuman. There's a great doc called 9500 Liberty (circa 2007) that follows a DC suburb's local fight over immigration. They read comments from the local right-wing blog and the language they use for the kids is horrendous: saying they can be used as dog food, calling them parasites, "the usual suspects", "brown faces".

I'd say the right wing's inability to see "other people" as equal combined with their zeal for "America First" politics puts them in league with some unsavory groups, but I'd be accused of being lazy and losing an argument to a conservative to draw such a conclusion. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-19-2022

Saw where Biden's approval rating is at 45% now, and Trump has a 36% positive view right now.

The 2 party system, folks. Giving us the just the best choices for 2024. Lol

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-20-2022

Ruh-Roh. Bexar County Sherriff in San Antonio is opening an investigation for human trafficking.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 09-20-2022

(09-20-2022, 02:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ruh-Roh. Bexar County Sherriff in San Antonio is opening an investigation for human trafficking.

I mean if you or I even bought a ticket for an illegal immigrant we'd be in prison faster than we could say 'it's back to their home country'.

Good to see someone is willing to do their jobs when it comes to politicians. Not that anything will come of it and this is clearly as much political theater as sending immigrants across state lines on thr taxpayer's dollar.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-20-2022

(09-20-2022, 02:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean if you or I even bought a ticket for an illegal immigrant we'd be in prison faster than we could say 'it's back to their home country'.

Good to see someone is willing to do their jobs when it comes to politicians. Not that anything will come of it and this is clearly as much political theater as sending immigrants across state lines on thr taxpayer's dollar.

I'd normally assume DeSantis would skate with anything, but if Trump wants the guy out of the 2024 race, you never know.  

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 09-20-2022

What's amazing is how BAD he is at trying to lie/spin and yet so many people just go with whatever he said last.

(09-20-2022, 05:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: What's amazing is how BAD he is at trying to lie/spin and yet so many people just go with whatever he said last.

Isn't Florida only behind California and Texas in regards to accommodating the most illegals?  DeSantis acting like his state isn't a haven for illegals despite his badass presence and tough GOP policies is rich. 

He's all stunt over substance.  No wonder he's so popular.  At least he's mostly picking the pockets of people who are eager to give him a 2nd term.  

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Belsnickel - 09-20-2022

(09-20-2022, 02:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean if you or I even bought a ticket for an illegal immigrant we'd be in prison faster than we could say 'it's back to their home country'.

Technically speaking, the immigrants DeSantis did this to aren't even illegal/undocumented immigrants. They are here legally while their asylum claims are processed.

(09-20-2022, 05:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Technically speaking, the immigrants DeSantis did this to aren't even illegal/undocumented immigrants. They are here legally while their asylum claims are processed.

Gee, this should really steam up all the conservatives who say they "Just want immigrants to go through the legal process and cone here the right way."

(09-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gee, this should really steam up all the conservatives who say they "Just want immigrants to go through the legal process and cone here the right way."

If only they actually acknowledged this whole program. They consistently lump asylum seekers in with illegal border crossers. We see it with the discussion around the end of Title 42.

[Image: t5IjlPdE55uROkRP5-Z5P8HbmSvpJHJAdaRsg--i...3adc537e37]

(09-20-2022, 07:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If only they actually acknowledged this whole program. They consistently lump asylum seekers in with illegal border crossers. We see it with the discussion around the end of Title 42.

It's just extra bitterly amusing that FL under the secure gaze of Ron DeSantis has over 750,000 illegals living within it and he decides to use taxpayer money to take those in the legal process, you know doing it the right way, who are in Texas and transport them under false pretense to a place where they would hopefully cause some sort of havoc to a bunch of democrats and some republicans, but mostly democrats.

His goal to gain support by hurting democrats was sad enough before it turned out it was a farce on various levels.  Ah well...I'm sure conservatives are convinced a bunch of liberal elites are getting robbed and raped by the illegals they wanted in this country so badly.  That'll learn 'em!

Side note, do you think Biden can gain some approval by saying "Hey, inflation hurts us all but look how much it's pissing off the conservatives!  Doesn't that make it worth it?"

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-20-2022

His use of them as a political prop just made them eligible for a special victims of human trafficking visa which now fast tracks their applications for citizenship.

- Yakov Smirnoff - "What a country!"

(09-20-2022, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: His use of them as a political prop just made them eligible for a special victims of human trafficking visa which now fast tracks their applications for citizenship.

- Yakov Smirnoff - "What a country!"

DeSantis/Gaetz 2024
* everyone is trafficking people except us*

Ok, they're both from Florida so they can't be on the same ticket...drat. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 09-22-2022

This one is behind a paywall.  Looking for another version.

But at least they admit this all just to "punk" people w/o actually caring about the human beings they are abusing.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-22-2022

Hmmm, apparently the Texas sheriff who expressed intent to investigate DeSantis is getting death threats. Maybe DeSantis is going to be more popular with the essential "domestic terrorist" wing of the GOP that is so essential for election these days after all. The "law and order" party is breaking the law to protect a politician who may have broken the law by shipping migrants who tried to legally enter this country and they are doing so by threatening the life of a sheriff who is only expressing a desire to do his job and enforce the law. Gah, this is deliciously insane.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/sheriff-texs-desantis-death-threats-b2172265.html

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - treee - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmmm, apparently the Texas sheriff who expressed intent to investigate DeSantis is getting death threats.  Maybe DeSantis is going to be more popular with the essential "domestic terrorist" wing of the GOP that is so essential for election these days after all.  The "law and order" party is breaking the law to protect a politician who may have broken the law by shipping migrants who tried to legally enter this country and they are doing so by threatening the life of a sheriff who is only expressing a desire to do his job and enforce the law.  Gah, this is deliciously insane.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/sheriff-texs-desantis-death-threats-b2172265.html

Carl Sagan saw the writing on the wall with the yet-to-be MAGA crowd in 1996

Quote:I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 09-23-2022

Nervous

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-23-2022

(09-23-2022, 01:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nervous

He's gone woke.