Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? (/Thread-Opinion-DeSantis-2024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 07:00 PM)pally Wrote: Yeah lets tell the story of Rosa Parks without actually saying why her story was significant

Do conservatives remember what it was like to be a kid/teen and be told not to look at/see/read/watch something "for your own good?"  The only way to make history sound interesting to 90% of students is to act like it's a big secret to learn about stuff like this.

Actually, if conservatives can't remember being defiant teens they should remember the government telling them to get vaccinated and wear masks and how much that inspired them to do the opposite.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Dill - 03-20-2023

(03-18-2023, 07:00 PM)pally Wrote: Yeah lets tell the story of Rosa Parks without actually saying why her story was significant

Racism will go away if we just stop talking about race.

The Great War of Northern Aggression was fought to deny Southern Americans their state sovereignty on behalf of 
"freedom-challenged persons" in the South--who were not even citizens at the time! Thus began the era of spending 
tax payers' money on anyone who wants a handout.

After the war, "Freedom-challenging persons" passed laws to keep the freedom-challenged from sitting by them in schools,
restaurants or busses. And then the freedom-challenged started making everything about r***e, getting in the faces of 
freedom-challengers and sitting wherever they wanted, no matter what other people thought. Some were Communists,
seeking to destroy our freedom. 

The federal government stepped in then and began the era of restricting our freedoms incrementally, using every possible
pretext, including vaccinations and bank regulations.  It also uses r***e to compile data on income inequality and access to
housing, employment, and health care, and to redistribute tax money from hard-working freedom challengers to the freedom-challenged.

Really, we don't even need to teach history, do we? Most people don't use it on the job. 
We can pick up whatever we need to know from news organizations on the internet and cable tv.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 03-21-2023

It would be a smart move for the GOP to move on to DeSantis and distance themselves from Trump. Trump has cost the GOP the last 3-elections and will continue to cost them elections.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 04:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: It would be a smart move for the GOP to move on to DeSantis and distance themselves from Trump.  Trump has cost the GOP the last 3-elections and will continue to cost them elections.

Easier said than done when a significant portion of your voter base was allowed to believe that Trump has never lost an election fairly.  DeSantis was asked about Trump's legal troubles and he spent most of the time talking about how the charges against him were being made by biased and crooked members of the justice system.

How is the GOP supposed to move on from Trump when his biggest republican opponent is defending and validating his rhetoric?  The issue DeSantis and Haley have is that Trump is the GOP now, and by saying they should be the nominee in 2024 they would be saying that Trump should NOT or that they can do a better job than Trump and a lot of the GOP's base isn't going to want to hear that or believe it.

Whether you like his policies or not, Trump is a narcissist and when you enter into a relationship with a narcissist, when you make excuses for a narcissist, and lie for a narcissist that relationship isn't over until the narcissist decides it is.  Conservatives may want to walk out the door and head over to Ron's house, but Trump is standing by the door in a tank top saying "Where do you think YOU'RE going?!"

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - samhain - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Easier said than done when a significant portion of your voter base was allowed to believe that Trump has never lost an election fairly.  DeSantis was asked about Trump's legal troubles and he spent most of the time talking about how the charges against him were being made by biased and crooked members of the justice system.

How is the GOP supposed to move on from Trump when his biggest republican opponent is defending and validating his rhetoric?  The issue DeSantis and Haley have is that Trump is the GOP now, and by saying they should be the nominee in 2024 they would be saying that Trump should NOT or that they can do a better job than Trump and a lot of the GOP's base isn't going to want to hear that or believe it.

Whether you like his policies or not, Trump is a narcissist and when you enter into a relationship with a narcissist, when you make excuses for a narcissist, and lie for a narcissist that relationship isn't over until the narcissist decides it is.  Conservatives may want to walk out the door and head over to Ron's house, but Trump is standing by the door in a tank top saying "Where do you think YOU'RE going?!"

Yep.  Ronnie is a spineless stooge.  He's up there walking a tightrope while Trump calls him a possibly gay groomer of underaged girls.  A real tough guy.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 06:13 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  Ronnie is a spineless stooge.  He's up there walking a tightrope while Trump calls him a possibly gay groomer of underaged girls.  A real tough guy.

DeSantis is just another schlub who is stuck having to kiss Trump's ass and let him walk all over him because the GOP made the political version of ignoring the wisdom to "never stick your dick into crazy."  

It's 2016 all over again, with DeSantis playing the role of Ted Cruz.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - samhain - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 06:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: DeSantis is just another schlub who is stuck having to kiss Trump's ass and let him walk all over him because the GOP made the political version of ignoring the wisdom to "never stick your dick into crazy."  

It's 2016 all over again, with DeSantis playing the role of Ted Cruz.

Eh.  Ted Cruz was always an unelectable douche at the national level.  The party knew Trump was the path to victory in 2016.  Even an unlikable opponent like Hillary would have likely beaten him.  Speculation, I know.  

DeSantis has a legit shot at the White House.  He has a lot more to lose than Ted did, and so does the party in general if Trump becomes the candidate. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-21-2023

I prefer Vivek Ramaswamy. He’s smart and he’s from right here in Cincinnati.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 03-22-2023

(03-21-2023, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Easier said than done when a significant portion of your voter base was allowed to believe that Trump has never lost an election fairly.  DeSantis was asked about Trump's legal troubles and he spent most of the time talking about how the charges against him were being made by biased and crooked members of the justice system.

Exactly, I know it's easier said than done with Trump being a malignant narcissist and that's why the GOP will continue to promote Trump's grievances, it's b/c they're cowards.  Trump is a malignant tumor within the GOP and until they decide to cut the cancer out and move on, he will continue to cost them elections.  I said they'd be smart to move on with DeSantis, but I don't think they'll do it.

It'll always be b/c Trump will say he was cheated just like he said when Cruz and Kasich beat him in the 2015 primaries. In over 60 court cases, zero evidence was ever presented there was any widespread election fraud.  Fox executives and top anchors testified it was all a lie to try and retain viewership and they admit they're not a credible source of factual news, only opinion for entertainment purposes only.  Fox tabloid news.  The GOP has created its own monster and now they'll have to live with it. 

Mitch McConnell gets it, but still, when he had the chance in the second impeachment for the failed coup attack on our Capitol and Constitution he turned into a spineless worm.  McCarthy did the same.   

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 03-22-2023

Ron with the quiet part out loud:  Total control, get rid of anyone who is smarter than you on the subject, make points....don't worry about the problem as long as YOU look good.

(03-21-2023, 09:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I prefer Vivek Ramaswamy.  He’s smart and he’s from right here in Cincinnati.

I’ve also listened to this guy and he has some really good ideas, BUT do I think he has a snowballs chance in hell of making any inroads with the national GOP….  No, I do not.  He’s Hindu and of Indian heritage so there’s no way the white Christian nationalist or Christian evangelicals of the GOP would ever support him in a national campaign.  

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 12:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I’ve also listened to this guy and he has some really good ideas, BUT do I think he has a snowballs chance in hell of making any inroads with the national GOP….  No, I do not.  He’s Hindu and of Indian heritage so there’s no way the white Christian nationalist or Christian evangelicals of the GOP would ever support him in a national campaign.  

That and being "the smart guy" in a debate probably isn't helpful at best, and detrimental at worst these days.  We have a bunch of politicians with ivy league educations and country club credentials that have to talk like triggered rednecks and film themselves shooting stuff in order to win over voters.

And yes, the left has centrist corporate shills who pander to soy-eating, I wish I weren't white, liberals, too.

To get back to the Nikki Haley thing, politics is performance and that's why stage names and playing roles and characters are accepted, if not required.

(03-22-2023, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That and being "the smart guy" in a debate probably isn't helpful at best, and detrimental at worst these days.  We have a bunch of politicians with ivy league educations and country club credentials that have to talk like triggered rednecks and film themselves shooting stuff in order to win over voters.

And yes, the left has centrist corporate shills who pander to soy-eating, I wish I weren't white, liberals, too.

To get back to the Nikki Haley thing, politics is performance and that's why stage names and playing roles and characters are accepted, if not required.

Correct, most of the GOP voters would rather have Lauren Boebert who’s a high school dropout, and her work experience before congress was a manager at McDonalds, then a brown guy who is a Indian Hindu with a Harvard education.  Boebert did get her GED, but in no way do I think she’s qualified to be a law maker.

Vivek would do better running as a Centrist Democrat b/c his race and religion would be accepted with open arms. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 01:10 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Correct, most of the GOP voters would rather have Lauren Boebert who’s a high school dropout, and her work experience before congress was a manager at McDonalds, then a brown guy who is a Indian Hindu with a Harvard education.  Boebert did get her GED, but in no way do I think she’s qualified to be a law maker.

Vivek would do better running as a Centrist Democrat b/c his race and religion would be accepted with open arms. 

The last Centrist Democrat Hindu was not accepted with open arms. 

[Image: ahmed96-a96.gif]

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 02:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The last Centrist Democrat Hindu was not accepted with open arms. 

Regardless, I just don't see a non-Christian, or at least someone who can pretend to be a Christian, getting the nod on the national stage at the presidential level any time soon.  I don't even think a candidate who says "I don't really define myself by being religious" getting a shot, much less someone who specifically identifies as not Christian. 

And for all the diversity and openness people want to assign to democrats, after JFK the party elected three southern white dudes in LBJ, Carter, and Clinton along with white bread candidates like McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry.  So other than JFK and Obama they've been pretty status quo and not terribly diverse on the national stage.  There just isn't a demand for it...yet?  Props to them for throwing Hillary Clinton into the grinder, I guess.

(03-22-2023, 02:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The last Centrist Democrat Hindu was not accepted with open arms. 

[Image: ahmed96-a96.gif]

Who's that Kamala Harris?

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:09 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Who's that Kamala Harris?

1. Kamala was not booted. She is the VP.
2. Kamala is not Hindu, she calls herself a Christian.
3. Kamala is Definitely not a Centrist. 

(03-22-2023, 03:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Kamala was not booted. She is the VP.
2. Kamala is not Hindu, she calls herself a Christian.
3. Kamala is Definitely not a Centrist. 

Then who Tulsi Gabbard?  She’s more of an isolationist which is in line with the far-right. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Belsnickel - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 06:42 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Then who Tulsi Gabbard?  She’s more of an isolationist which is in line with the far-right. 

She isn't really an isolationist. For many of her positions she is more progressive than mainstream Democratic politicians. Where she ran into her troubles was with her LGBTQ positions, which she has flip-flopped on several times. She ran afoul of the Democratic base with her position on trans issues which has since caused her positions on "wokeness" to revert back to ones more akin to her positions pre-Congress. She has also shown to be a little anti-science on some other things.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - SunsetBengal - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regardless, I just don't see a non-Christian, or at least someone who can pretend to be a Christian, getting the nod on the national stage at the presidential level any time soon.  I don't even think a candidate who says "I don't really define myself by being religious" getting a shot, much less someone who specifically identifies as not Christian. 

And for all the diversity and openness people want to assign to democrats, after JFK the party elected three southern white dudes in LBJ, Carter, and Clinton along with white bread candidates like McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry.  So other than JFK and Obama they've been pretty status quo and not terribly diverse on the national stage.  There just isn't a demand for it...yet?  Props to them for throwing Hillary Clinton into the grinder, I guess.

Catholicism is a Christian religion.