Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? (/Thread-Opinion-DeSantis-2024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 03:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: As AG William Barr, stated which one of Trumps enemies did he go after??? Crickets!!!! In fact none of the Trumps AG's went after his enemies. So why you lie about  "weaponizing government" 

So are you also saying an Independent must give equal amount of speeches to Democrats???? You sound like a Fascist Nazi, "its my way or the highway". 

So what was the entire Durham investigation?  The one were Barr elevated him to Special Counsel so he couldn't be removed?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/politics/durham-trump-russia-barr.html

Or the special investigation into Hunter Biden?  The one that Biden didn't interfere with and is still on going?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/hunter-biden-probe-shows-difference-trumps-bidens-doj-rcna22483

Quote:However, during the Trump era, not only did the president frequently publicly pronounce his views on prosecutions that involved political cronies, but the Justice Department itself was also riven by overtly politically motivated actions that destroyed morale. It led to unprecedented letters signed by former department officials calling for the resignation of former Attorney General William Barr. I signed one of those letters.

Them some loud crickets.   Mellow

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 04:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: So what was the entire Durham investigation?  The one were Barr elevated him to Special Counsel so he couldn't be removed?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/politics/durham-trump-russia-barr.html

Or the special investigation into Hunter Biden?  The one that Biden didn't interfere with and is still on going?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/hunter-biden-probe-shows-difference-trumps-bidens-doj-rcna22483

Them some loud crickets.   Mellow

In your mind do you really think that Hunter Biden should get a free pass? If anyone else other than a person with the last name Biden did 1/10th of all he did that person including you or me would be jail a long time ago. 

(04-05-2023, 04:21 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: In your mind do you really think that Hunter Biden should get a free pass? If anyone else other than a person with the last name Biden did 1/10th of all he did that person including you or me would be jail a long time ago. 

I never said that.  I responded to you quoting Barr and then saying "In fact none of the Trumps AG's went after his enemies."

When, in fact, he did.

But again, if Hunter committed a crime he should be prosecuted.  Unfortunately Trump, as he said in the call with Ukraine, wants it tied to Joe Biden too.  And he wants it to be a big crime because...Biden is a "political enemy".  So he had Barr begin an investigation.

Would you like to respond to the Durham investigation?  Or, because it fizzled out due to a lack of crimes, does it not count?

Either way Barr lied and you were wrong.

(04-05-2023, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I never said that.  I responded to you quoting Barr and then saying "In fact none of the Trumps AG's went after his enemies."

When, in fact, he did.

But again, if Hunter committed a crime he should be prosecuted.  Unfortunately Trump, as he said in the call with Ukraine, wants it tied to Joe Biden too.  And he wants it to be a big crime because...Biden is a "political enemy".  So he had Barr begin an investigation.

Would you like to respond to the Durham investigation?  Or, because it fizzled out due to a lack of crimes, does it not count?

Either way Barr lied and you were wrong.

No one with half a brain believes that Hunter Biden is Trumps enemy.

Keep trying. 

Or as Caktus AI would say.

Is Hunter Biden Donald Trump's enemy?

There is no clear evidence to suggest that Hunter Biden is Donald Trump's enemy. While it is true that Hunter Biden's business dealings in Ukraine were at the center of the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, this does not necessarily mean that the two are enemies. In fact, it is common for political opponents to have disagreements and conflicts without necessarily being enemies. Additionally, it is important to note that Hunter Biden is not a political figure and therefore does not have a direct relationship with President Trump. Therefore, it is not accurate to say that Hunter Biden is Donald Trump's enemy.

[Image: R.589f15c0c0d8e664dc9cbf6993552d8f?rik=m...ImgRaw&r=0]

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Arturo Bandini - 04-05-2023

Everyone who doesn't worship Trump is his enemy. Everyone. Not only in the democrats but in the republicans too. He can't make a sentence without calling names on someone and playing the victim.

I would have someone to explain me how being a 'true' christian and supporting Trump is compatible.

He's the closest to the definition of the Beast in the Books of Revelation.

You better read it.

Even in the ancient testament it's written in plain sight. 

[Image: aa1627ce-5dac-4dbb-be58-2501a1d79503.jpe...width=1280]

(04-05-2023, 05:36 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Everyone who doesn't worship Trump is his enemy. Everyone. Not only in the democrats but in the republicans too. He can't make a sentence without calling names on someone and playing the victim.

I would have someone to explain me how being a 'true' christian and supporting Trump is compatible.

He's the closest to the definition of the Beast in the Books of Revelation.

You better read it.

Even in the ancient testament it's written in plain sight. 

[Image: aa1627ce-5dac-4dbb-be58-2501a1d79503.jpe...width=1280]

I guess I am Trump's enemy as well according to your dopey logic.

I can't think of a President in my lifetime who was a "True Christian"?  Mellow 

The selection of President is better stated "The Lesser of Two Evil's Policies".

Which President's Policies brings us closer to the inevitable Armagedón?  Mellow

(04-05-2023, 05:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No one with half a brain believes that Hunter Biden is Trumps enemy.

Keep trying. 

Or as Caktus AI would say.

Is Hunter Biden Donald Trump's enemy?

There is no clear evidence to suggest that Hunter Biden is Donald Trump's enemy. While it is true that Hunter Biden's business dealings in Ukraine were at the center of the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, this does not necessarily mean that the two are enemies. In fact, it is common for political opponents to have disagreements and conflicts without necessarily being enemies. Additionally, it is important to note that Hunter Biden is not a political figure and therefore does not have a direct relationship with President Trump. Therefore, it is not accurate to say that Hunter Biden is Donald Trump's enemy.

[Image: R.589f15c0c0d8e664dc9cbf6993552d8f?rik=m...ImgRaw&r=0]

Nope.  But tying him to Joe Biden is the end goal.  "The Biden Crime Family" as the right labels it.

Anything on Durham or are we just gonna assume you're still wrong?

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 04-06-2023

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 04-06-2023

(04-05-2023, 06:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I guess I am Trump's enemy as well according to your dopey logic.

I can't think of a President in my lifetime who was a "True Christian"?  Mellow 

The selection of President is better stated "The Lesser of Two Evil's Policies".

Which President's Policies brings us closer to the inevitable Armagedón?  Mellow

It's not his dopey logic - it's Trump's; as evidenced by pretty much everytime he's opened his mouth about someone not licking his boot.

Biden is a pretty devout Catholic. Not sure it's more "True Christian" than that.

Agreed.

Well, only one in recent memory has tried to blow up America's relations with it's closest allies and enabled a sociopathic dictator to act with impunity.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 03:11 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's not his dopey logic - it's Trump's; as evidenced by pretty much everytime he's opened his mouth about someone not licking his boot.

Biden is a pretty devout Catholic. Not sure it's more "True Christian" than that.

Agreed.

Well, only one in recent memory has tried to blow up America's relations with it's closest allies and enabled a sociopathic dictator to act with impunity.

Biden, a pretty devout Catholic??  Hilarious

That's the biggest crap I have read on this website of all time. 

If you think that Biden is a pretty devout Catholic, I feel sorry for you.  Mellow

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 03:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Biden, a pretty devout Catholic??  Hilarious

That's the biggest crap I have read on this website of all time. 

If you think that Biden is a pretty devout Catholic, I feel sorry for you.  Mellow

Amen. Thank you. There is no moral teaching of the Catholic Church from which Joe Biden does not publicly dissent. On abortion, contraception, male/female marriage, and gender dysphoria you’ll find Joe Biden on the opposite side from the Church.

I’ll pray harder for his conversion.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - pally - 04-06-2023

Joe Biden, unlike conservative evangelicals, that in a country based on civil laws he does not have the right to force his personal religious beliefs onto anyone else

therefore contraception and abortion are choices

treatment decisions for gender dysmorphia belong with the patient, their family, and their medical team

and same sex marriage is governed by civil laws not religious beliefs

(04-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen.  Thank you.  There is no moral teaching of the Catholic Church from which Joe Biden does not publicly dissent.  On abortion, contraception, male/female marriage, and gender dysphoria you’ll find Joe Biden on the opposite side from the Church.

I’ll pray harder for his conversion.

Yes, I didn't want to waste my time on him pinpointing the number of issues on the insane comments of Biden being a pretty devout Catholic.

I grew up a Catholic and left that religion later on and went to a more conservative religion. So I know all about the Catholic religion as many members of my family are still Catholic and I join them in Mass and other Catholic activities. 

Sometimes you have to laugh or cry when some people think they know what a Catholic/Christian is and wipe your feet and walk away.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Arturo Bandini - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 04:20 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Biden, unlike conservative evangelicals, that in a country based on civil laws he does not have the right to force his personal religious beliefs onto anyone else

treatment decisions for gender dysmorphia belong with the patient, their family, and their medical team

This is the only belief they share because when it's time to share, forgive and tolerate, there is absolutely noone. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Dill - 04-06-2023

(04-05-2023, 03:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: As AG William Barr, stated which one of Trumps enemies did he go after??? Crickets!!!! In fact none of the Trumps AG's went after his enemies. So why you lie about  "weaponizing government" 

So are you also saying an Independent must give equal amount of speeches to Democrats???? You sound like a Fascist Nazi, "its my way or the highway". 

The question I asked you to answer was--if T.G. still supports all those liberal policies you listed, then why is she endorsing Republicans who oppose them?  Do you, or does anyone you know, endorse the people whose policies are opposite yours? You can't really answer what, and so you offer two wonderful red herrings.

I choose to follow them because they speak more to the root of division in this country, namely the disinformation and lack of information in the RW media bubble and the inability of so many of our RW friends to compare apples with apples, which follows from years of false equivalence. 

First, "weaponization" is not simply sending the DOJ after regime enemies, as Barr did with the Durham investigation, among other things. 

In a regime party, it is also about protecting the leader from investigations, as Barr did when put out a letter implying Mueller had cleared Trump of obstruction charges when in fact he had not. AND when he shut down the NY investigation of Trump's finances and campaign violations. 

It is also about the party leader using the powers of office to protect and keep his power. That's what Trump was doing when he tried to get Zelensky to open an investigation on Biden, to hurt the guy who would eventually knock him out of office. Hunter Biden may not be Trump's "enemy," but his father was the greatest threat to Trump power, so investigating the son was another attempt to also bring the father under investigation (Millions from China!). Trump was protecting himself when he fired people from independent offices, like AG and head of the FBI, when they did not go after people he ordered them to go after, or would not quash an investigation into Trump himself. Nothing behind the scenes here--Trump constantly said the quiet part out loud. 

It is also about using the powers of office negate the judicial independence, as when Trump pardoned Flynn, Manafort and Stone, and Jared Kushner's father, along with Joe Arpaio. Leaning on individual secretaries of state to "find votes" is also an abuse of power. 

It is also about packing departments of government with people who will place the leader's will above law, as Trump did with the Post Office, DOJ and Department of Defense. The so-called DEEP STATE* opposed him to some degree as, for example, a number of people at the DOJ were set to resign if Trump replaced Jeffery Rosen with someone who would agree to investigate Hunter Biden, as Trump demanded, even though the required evidence was not there. Never mind that the DOJ is supposed to operate independently from presidential directives. 

Using the RNC to get 7 swing states to produce a false slate of electors is also weaponizing government, and Pence would have been doing that as well, had he used his office to illegally recognize the false electors. Fortunately, enough people--especially Republicans in government--kept to rule of law.

One of the big questions about the current dysfunction in government concerns how it is that after attempting to blatantly, often publicly, weaponize government, right down to the coup attempt, millions of MAGA base can sincerely believe that "weaponization" is a threat posed by Biden--the guy who keeps his hands off the DOJ and does not publicly demand that political opponents be locked up. This dysfunction is not possible without news sources that constantly misinform and obfuscate, as Fox does now with Trump's indictment. 

No previous president EVER weaponized government so openly, consistently, and successfully as Trump, not even Jackson and Johnson.

*Deep State=officials whose first duty was to the Constitution, not to the Dear Leader.

(04-05-2023, 03:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So are you also saying an Independent must give equal amount of speeches to Democrats???? You sound like a Fascist Nazi, "its my way or the highway". 

This was the second red herring.

My claims are that 1) Gabbard has traveled the country endorsing the farthest right candidates at all levels of state and federal government. 

And 2) those endorsements are very hard to square with all the liberal policy positions you attribute to her. If those people get hold of government, those positions will never become or remain policy. So how sincere can she really be about holding them? 

No rules in there about what "independents" have to do--only the question of why an "independent" helps those who negate the policy positions you insist she still holds. 

The only thing that can be plausibly inferred from my claims is that Gabbard is very confused or no longer holds most of the liberal policy positions you listed.
Or perhaps that your "independent" is not really independent. If she claims to be independent, then she is like someone who supports the doctrine of transubstantiation and Papal infallibility, but claims to favor no particular religion.

Nothing in my claims asserts that she must give equal time to Democrats. Rather, the implication is that she wouldn't because she no longer supports Dem polices, if she ever really did. 

Finally a note on political history--"Nazi fascists" do not argue against weaponization of government, nor do they oppose use of news media for party propaganda. They want a public confused, disoriented, paralyzed, and unable to recognize false equivalence. This is in part effected by separating rhetorical claims from evidence--only then can they be successful at accusing the opponents of fascism of doing what fascists actually do. They DO however place their leader's word above law. Trump himself has an understanding of this, as when he notes with pride that he would not lose a vote if he shot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight.  No Dem leader can expect that kind of fanatical and anti-democratic support. Trump can. 

PS this does not turn the fascism charge back on you or even Trump. As I've argued in the past, he is an authoritarian for sure, but falls rather short of the discipline and sacrifice and scorn of luxury and money we find in actual fascists. I would only say that you misrecognize authoritarian governance, seeing it where it is not and not seeing it where it is.

(04-06-2023, 04:20 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Biden, unlike conservative evangelicals, that in a country based on civil laws he does not have the right to force his personal religious beliefs onto anyone else

Yes. And the first great exponents of modern social contract theory--Hobbes and Locke--devoted hundreds of pages to explaining how and where civil order had to be separated from religious order for liberal democracy to function.  

This hardly surprising, as Hobbes and Locke both lived through a religious civil war in England at the same time one was also going on in Europe. 

The U.S. founders were still close to this history and its lessons, which was why they chose not to establish the U.S. government on a religion, as
many states still did at the time of the founding. That's why we have government officials upholding laws that go against their religious beliefs. And that's why fundamentalists unfamiliar with this history constantly complain that "God" has been excluded from government and schools (sometimes that's their explanation for school shootings!). 

This necessary secularization has never been complete though ("In God we trust," "one nation, under God"). 

(04-06-2023, 04:33 PM)Dill Wrote: The question I asked you to answer was--if T.G. still supports all those liberal policies you listed, then why is she endorsing Republicans who oppose them?  Do you, or does anyone you know, endorse the people whose policies are opposite yours? You can't really answer what, and so you offer two wonderful red herrings.

I choose to follow them because they speak more to the root of division in this country, namely the disinformation and lack of information in the RW media bubble and the inability of so many of our RW friends to compare apples with apples, which follows from years of false equivalence. 

First, "weaponization" is not simply sending the DOJ after regime enemies, as Barr did with the Durham investigation, among other things. 

In a regime party, it is also about protecting the leader from investigations, as Barr did when put out a letter implying Mueller had cleared Trump of obstruction charges when in fact he had not. AND when he shut down the NY investigation of Trump's finances and campaign violations. 

It is also about the party leader using the powers of office to protect and keep his power. That's what Trump was doing when he tried to get Zelensky to open an investigation on Biden, to hurt the guy who would eventually knock him out of office. Hunter Biden may not be Trump's "enemy," but his father was the greatest threat to Trump power, so investigating the son was another attempt to also bring the father under investigation (Millions from China!). Trump was protecting himself when he fired people from independent offices, like AG and head of the FBI, when they did not go after people he ordered them to go after, or would not quash an investigation into Trump himself. Nothing behind the scenes here--Trump constantly said the quiet part out loud. 

It is also about using the powers of office negate the judicial independence, as when Trump pardoned Flynn, Manafort and Stone, and Jared Kushner's father, along with Joe Arpaio. Leaning on individual secretaries of state to "find votes" is also an abuse of power. 

It is also about packing departments of government with people who will place the leader's will above law, as Trump did with the Post Office, DOJ and Department of Defense. The so-called DEEP STATE* opposed him to some degree as, for example, a number of people at the DOJ were set to resign if Trump replaced Jeffery Rosen with someone who would agree to investigate Hunter Biden, as Trump demanded, even though the required evidence was not there. Never mind that the DOJ is supposed to operate independently from presidential directives. 

Using the RNC to get 7 swing states to produce a false slate of electors is also weaponizing government, and Pence would have been doing that as well, had he used his office to illegally recognize the false electors. Fortunately, enough people--especially Republicans in government--kept to rule of law.

One of the big questions about the current dysfunction in government concerns how it is that after attempting to blatantly, often publicly, weaponize government, right down to the coup attempt, millions of MAGA base can sincerely believe that "weaponization" is a threat posed by Biden--the guy who keeps his hands off the DOJ and does not publicly demand that political opponents be locked up. This dysfunction is not possible without news sources that constantly misinform and obfuscate, as Fox does now with Trump's indictment. 

No previous president EVER weaponized government so openly, consistently, and successfully as Trump, not even Jackson and Johnson.

*Deep State=officials whose first duty was to the Constitution, not to the Dear Leader.

I am not going to fall in the trap and speak highly of Trump. Nor am I going to speak lowly of him.
If you don't think the media, academia and celebrities were against him you are blind and we need not no longer communicate.

My issue is your cowardice in finding issues where Tulsi did a 180 degree turn.
You talk about who Tulsi endorsed while she was an Independent.

You sneakily fail to talk about Liz Cheny who is a Republican, but endorsed Democrats during the mid-term.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/11/liz-cheney-just-endorsed-another-democrat/

I guess you or one of your hypocrite friends will spin this as usual. 

P.S. Here are the Democrats the Cheny the "Republican" endorsed.

Let the spin begin...

Liz Cheney endorsed the following candidates during the 2022 elections:
  • Tim Ryan (D) for U.S. Senate in Ohio
  • Abigail Spanberger (D) for U.S. House in Virginia's 7th congressional district
  • Elissa Slotkin (D) for U.S. House in Michigan's 8th congressional district
  • Chrissy Houlahan (D) for U.S. House in Pennsylvania's 6th congressional district
  • Conor Lamb (D) for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania
  • Josh Shapiro (D) for Governor of Pennsylvania

(04-05-2023, 04:21 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: In your mind do you really think that Hunter Biden should get a free pass? If anyone else other than a person with the last name Biden did 1/10th of all he did that person including you or me would be jail a long time ago. 

No one is giving H.B. a "free pass."  So far it looks the bar for convicting him is much higher in the courts than it is on
Fox News. That's all. That's why Hillary "got away" with so many murders and selling 20% of our Uranium to the Russians.

If any other person than Trump had done all he did, that person including you or me would be jailed a long time ago--

unless he too had office and party protecting him. 

(04-06-2023, 05:22 PM)Dill Wrote: No one is giving H.B. a "free pass."  So far it looks the bar for convicting him is much higher in the courts than it is on
Fox News. That's all. That's why Hillary "got away" with so many murders and selling 20% of our Uranium to the Russians.

If any other person than Trump had done all he did, that person including you or me would be jailed a long time ago--

unless he too had office and party protecting him. 

Yes of course, Hunter is completely Innocent.

[Image: giphy.gif]