Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 02-16-2016

My tweets in the first 5 minutes of the show:

[Image: 021416.jpg]
[Image: 021416a.jpg]

Sam: Yeah, when you start making lists of people who need to die and the little kid is on it he deserves it.

Jesse: Sorry to see her go because Rick needs some love in his life.  Michonne?

Ron: Porchdick Jr.

Abraham gets all the good lines: "Can you get the gate? Appreciate it pal!"

Glenn survives...again: It looks more and more like Negan finally gets him.

Speaking of Negan:  His guys are road kill...how does he get to Alexandria?  Or is that the other group Rick and crew run into the next week or so?

Gabriel mans up:  I said at the time that was the first time Rick had trusted him...so he's probably going to die!   Smirk

Carol is always badass.

After the slaughter at the end I said the sometimes the best plan is no plan.

I just don't know if they can keep up that kind of action / suspension for the rest of this half of the season.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 02:01 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So are you guys coming to grips with Daryl's upcoming death?

LOL

I don't think they're going to kill him. I think they'll have him disappear out recruiting or something, but leave the door open for him to return.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: My tweets in the first 5 minutes of the show:

[Image: 021416.jpg]
[Image: 021416a.jpg]

Sam: Yeah, when you start making lists of people who need to die and the little kid is on it he deserves it.

Jesse: Sorry to see her go because Rick needs some love in his life.  Michonne?

Ron: Porchdick Jr.

Abraham gets all the good lines: "Can you get the gate? Appreciate it pal!"

Glenn survives...again: It looks more and more like Negan finally gets him.

Speaking of Negan:  His guys are road kill...how does he get to Alexandria?  Or is that the other group Rick and crew run into the next week or so?

Gabriel mans up:  I said at the time that was the first time Rick had trusted him...so he's probably going to die!   Smirk

Carol is always badass.

After the slaughter at the end I said the sometimes the best plan is no plan.

I just don't know if they can keep up that kind of action / suspension for the rest of this half of the season.

yeah it looks like glenns death is coming soon a lot of close encounters lately. but i agree the rest of this season probly wont compare to that episode. i dont see them topping it till maybe the finale but i dont know where the story is going.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 04:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah it looks like glenns death is coming soon a lot of close encounters lately.   but i agree the rest of this season probly wont compare to that episode.  i dont see them topping it till maybe the finale but i dont know where the story is going.

I didn't read all the comics but I have a rough idea of the storylines so far...so I know where it *should* be headed.

But they deviate a lot and seem to be getting rid of the threats faster than in the graphic novels.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 02-17-2016

(02-16-2016, 04:12 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

I don't think they're going to kill him. I think they'll have him disappear out recruiting or something, but leave the door open for him to return.

If they kill Daryl off that will be one of the biggest mistakes that they could make. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 02-18-2016

Daryl is toast. I'd almost bet money.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Penn - 02-18-2016

Multiple people on the net seem to think Daryl's time for death is coming soon. Why?

If it is a matter of you have spoiler info go ahead and PM me if you want.

If it is a matter of you think you know due to predictable writing of the show or hints given during the show, explain.

Small background on why I ask - (I may have put some of this in the FTWD thread)

My first few moments watching were the end of the episode that ended with Rick's group outside the gates of ASZ. I only watched the following episode (this was during the "catch up" episodes before the second to last episode last season) because of experiences living in the Atlanta metro. I know and/or a few people who were extras (both walkers and Woodbury residents).

I was in Senoia for work when some Woodbury scene was being filmed, maybe multiple. I just know I had to take a detour to get where I was going.

On a Sunday some point in time last year when leaving a friends house last year in a different town some road blocks were placed on the side of the road to later block off the street. I found out they were filming a scene (which apparently got axed) down the street. Another almost identical thing happened when I left my parents house but the initial report was wrong in that it was either Sleepy Hollow or one of those vampire shows was filmed

I also saw on the local news how the little town of Senoia has become a bit of a tourist attraction since Woodbury and the Alexandria Safe Zone were both filmed there (at the time I just knew a past portion of the show and a present portion were filmed there but after watching the whole series I found out details).

So these things combined I decide, why not see what this show is really all about.

Long boring story to lead up to this - Daryl, Deanna and Michone are the reasons I decided to watch a bit more then when the season ended I thought, lets see what I Don't know about Daryl and Michone. I almost didn't make it to Michonne since the first few episodes bored me (Daryl wasn't interesting yet). Then I saw the CDC episodes. I thought Dr Jenner and the whole experience of the group there were good enough to try season 2.

Daryl's transformation from the guy I first saw and how the series started in season 2 and a few episodes here and there kept me watching during a few binge sessions until I got caught up.

Even now, Daryl and Michone are what keeps me watching. If Daryl is gone I don't know if Michone can keep me watching unless the true nature of Carol is exposed (even then maybe not). By exposed I mean, her role in twisting the minds of Micah, Lizzie, Pete and Sam leading to their deaths (Okay, Pete was a jerk anyway but she pushed his final button). At the very least they will need to give me more for willing suspension of disbelief so anther episode with some CDC type approach of explanation.

So it isn't like I am emotionally invested or anything but I just want to know, why do so many people believe Daryl is not long for the show's world. I know there are other's like me who might not watch without him. I heard there was a poll about who fans would least like to see go and another asking whose death would cause them not to watch and Daryl was in the top 3 or 4 of both if I remember correct. Why do you think AMC would kill him off. (I'm not going to look for the poll but if I remember Glenn and Carol were at the bottom so killing them off is less risky for ratings)

Unless someone can give good reason I'll just continue to assume comic book fans hate Daryl because he is a "real" character.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 06:29 PM)Penn Wrote: Multiple people on the net seem to think Daryl's time for death is coming soon. Why?

If it is a matter of you have spoiler info go ahead and PM me if you want.

If it is a matter of you think you know due to predictable writing of the show or hints given during the show, explain.

Small background on why I ask - (I may have put some of this in the FTWD thread)

My first few moments watching were the end of the episode that ended with Rick's group outside the gates of ASZ. I only watched the following episode (this was during the "catch up" episodes before the second to last episode last season) because of experiences living in the Atlanta metro. I know and/or a few people who were extras (both walkers and Woodbury residents).

I was in Senoia for work when some Woodbury scene was being filmed, maybe multiple. I just know I had to take a detour to get where I was going.

On a Sunday some point in time last year when leaving a friends house last year in a different town some road blocks were placed on the side of the road to later block off the street. I found out they were filming a scene (which apparently got axed) down the street. Another almost identical thing happened when I left my parents house but the initial report was wrong in that it was either Sleepy Hollow or one of those vampire shows was filmed

I also saw on the local news how the little town of Senoia has become a bit of a tourist attraction since Woodbury and the Alexandria Safe Zone were both filmed there (at the time I just knew a past portion of the show and a present portion were filmed there but after watching the whole series I found out details).

So these things combined I decide, why not see what this show is really all about.

Long boring story to lead up to this - Daryl, Deanna and Michone are the reasons I decided to watch a bit more then when the season ended I thought, lets see what I Don't know about Daryl and Michone. I almost didn't make it to Michonne since the first few episodes bored me (Daryl wasn't interesting yet). Then I saw the CDC episodes. I thought Dr Jenner and the whole experience of the group there were good enough to try season 2.

Daryl's transformation from the guy I first saw and how the series started in season 2 and a few episodes here and there kept me watching during a few binge sessions until I got caught up.

Even now, Daryl and Michone are what keeps me watching. If Daryl is gone I don't know if Michone can keep me watching unless the true nature of Carol is exposed (even then maybe not). By exposed I mean, her role in twisting the minds of Micah, Lizzie, Pete and Sam leading to their deaths (Okay, Pete was a jerk anyway but she pushed his final button). At the very least they will need to give me more for willing suspension of disbelief so anther episode with some CDC type approach of explanation.

So it isn't like I am emotionally invested or anything but I just want to know, why do so many people believe Daryl is not long for the show's world. I know there are other's like me who might not watch without him. I heard there was a poll about who fans would least like to see go and another asking whose death would cause them not to watch and Daryl was in the top 3 or 4 of both if I remember correct. Why do you think AMC would kill him off. (I'm not going to look for the poll but if I remember Glenn and Carol were at the bottom so killing them off is less risky for ratings)

Unless someone can give good reason I'll just continue to assume comic book fans hate Daryl because he is a "real" character.

well daryl or a character hes playing wasnt part of the comics apparently.

But i believe Norman Reedus has a big project coming up thats not the walking dead

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/walking-deads-norman-reedus-star-681394

No reason he couldnt do both depending on when filming is set but looks like hes heavily invested in the new project.

Some times when actors get busy or want out of a show they got to write them off.

TWD has been great for norman who i cant really remember him in anything besides blade 2 and the boondock saints movies .beforehand

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 02-21-2016

(02-18-2016, 06:29 PM)Penn Wrote: Multiple people on the net seem to think Daryl's time for death is coming soon.  Why?

Daryl is the clear cut fan favorite.

The clear cut fan favorite is not an enviable thing to be in TWD universe.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 02-22-2016

Mashone will be dead either by the end of this season or the middle of next.

Everyone Rick gets with dies, and whelp, Rick just got with Mashone so she's toast.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 02-22-2016

Welcome, Jesus.

I'm surprised they paired Rick and Michonne up. In the comics, it's Andrea, but obviously she is dead. I assumed Sasha was the Andrea replacement.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 02-22-2016

Very hot and cold epsidoe.

The adventures of Rick, Daryl, and Jesus were really awesome. Easily the best part of the episode.

Pretty much everything else felt incredibly forced. Maybe it was the way the episode started that threw it off for me. Idk.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 04:34 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Very hot and cold epsidoe.

The adventures of Rick, Daryl, and Jesus were really awesome. Easily the best part of the episode.

Pretty much everything else felt incredibly forced. Maybe it was the way the episode started that threw it off for me. Idk.

Agreed. Rick, Daryl, Jesus parts were great. I hope they have more time going forward.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 04:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. Rick, Daryl, Jesus parts were great. I hope they have more time going forward.

next episode looks to be full of jesus... lol

This guy is weird but i like him. not exactly sure what his angle is.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: next episode looks to be full of jesus... lol

This guy is weird but i like him.      not exactly sure what his angle is.

In the comics he is a lot more serious. A very reliable guy to have by your side. Smart, resourceful, and a quick to respect an intelligent and fair leader.

I say that without spoilers because the actor playing him said they're going for a lighter version of him in the show, so that's where the weird factor comes in a bit with him it seems. It looks like they're going to make their own version of the character, so it should be pretty good. I did like the little exchange they had. In the comics, it's a lot different. He kicks Abraham and Michonne's ass (taking her sword and holding Abraham hostage with it) before demanding to speak to their leader. Once Rick gets there, Rick knocks him out when Jesus drops his guard. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 06:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the comics he is a lot more serious. A very reliable guy to have by your side. Smart, resourceful, and a quick to respect an intelligent and fair leader.

So, he's Glenn with a beard? Man, his days are looking more numbered.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 02-23-2016

(02-22-2016, 01:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Welcome, Jesus.

I'm surprised they paired Rick and Michonne up. In the comics, it's Andrea, but obviously she is dead. I assumed Sasha was the Andrea replacement.

Yeah I almost don't like the idea of those 2 together, because I always liked the idea of Michonne being the right hand of Rick but very individualistic. I would have liked Sasha there if they didn't make her character basically ancillary now

Also not feeling the Dr and Tara relationship but oh well. I wanted a hotter girl as the love interest for Tara but this would be quite a bit more realistic lol

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 02-23-2016

(02-22-2016, 06:49 PM)Benton Wrote: So, he's Glenn with a beard? Man, his days are looking more numbered.

Very accurate thing to say... Jesus is a lot like Glenn and if they follow the comics, Heath becomes one of the best runners for supplies

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 02-23-2016

(02-21-2016, 11:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Daryl is the clear cut fan favorite.

The clear cut fan favorite is not an enviable thing to be in TWD universe.

But since he is not in the comic they can do whatever they want with him.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 02-23-2016

That was like watching The Keystone Cops. Darryl and Rick didn't seem all that upset that they sunk a truck prepackaged with food and supplies.