Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 03-24-2016

I wonder if killing Daryl will hurt ratings.

He is the most popular of the three. But it does seem most logical that they would kill him off over Maggie or Glen.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 03-25-2016

(03-24-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if killing Daryl will hurt ratings.

He is the most popular of the three. But it does seem most logical that they would kill him off over Maggie or Glen.

while killing him might hurt rating for a little bit people will be back.

Not ever killing off the main characters would eventually kill off ratings too.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 03-25-2016

(03-24-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if killing Daryl will hurt ratings.

And not just ratings, there's the merchandise. Go to most web sites that sell TWD stuff, sort by frequently sold, and about half of the top 10 best sellers are Daryl figures, Daryl shirts, Daryl motorcycle jackets, Daryl crossbows, etc. Rick is the only one who comes close for individual merchandise stuff.

That's why I'm leaning towards Carol getting killed and using that to have Daryl leave on his own. It leaves the door open for a return and doesn't anger the fans (or leave them bored). If they need an out for Daryl, Carol is the most logical choice. She's popular, but not too popular, and she's not core to anything (like Rick or Carl), but she has a relationship with Daryl that would be enough to make him go off the deep end.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 03-25-2016

(03-24-2016, 12:55 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Hearing that we won't know who gets Luciled until next season. Death scene supposed to be pov of the victim.

That is incredibly stupid

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 03-27-2016

I'm not getting the scenes with a random slaughter like that other than to fill time. Like there's no real danger for Carol

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 03-27-2016

(03-25-2016, 12:10 PM)Benton Wrote: And not just ratings, there's the merchandise. Go to most web sites that sell TWD stuff, sort by frequently sold, and about half of the top 10 best sellers are Daryl figures, Daryl shirts, Daryl motorcycle jackets, Daryl crossbows, etc. Rick is the only one who comes close for individual merchandise stuff.

That's why I'm leaning towards Carol getting killed and using that to have Daryl leave on his own. It leaves the door open for a return and doesn't anger the fans (or leave them bored). If they need an out for Daryl, Carol is the most logical choice. She's popular, but not too popular, and she's not core to anything (like Rick or Carl), but she has a relationship with Daryl that would be enough to make him go off the deep end.

I smell a SPINOFF!!!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 03-27-2016

Still loving Carol.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 03-28-2016

(03-27-2016, 10:38 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I smell a SPINOFF!!!

Isn't that what they tried to do with FearTWD? And it sucks. Please no spinoffs. The writers are having a hard time with just one show.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 12:29 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Isn't that what they tried to do with FearTWD? And it sucks. Please no spinoffs. The writers are having a hard time with just one show.

fear the walking dead is more so we get to see the initial outbreak as rick freaking slept thru it.

but i dont see it running past this next season

(03-25-2016, 07:19 PM)eoxyod Wrote: That is incredibly stupid

Nah its brilliant what better way to have people talking about your show for the 8 months its off the air.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: fear the walking dead is more so we get to see the initial outbreak as rick freaking slept thru it.

but i dont see it running past this next season

I think FTWD works (for me) because "we" know what is going on and what is coming and the characters do not.

I didn't start watching TWD until they cleared the barn on Herschel's farm.  I've watched FTWD from episode one...I thin it might be alright over time.

(03-27-2016, 11:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Still loving Carol.

Gotta do what she gotta do!

She at least gives them an option.

As a side note: this is why I think we'd fall apart as a society in case of a true national crisis.  No one really wants to work together...they want to establish dominance and have control.

(03-28-2016, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think FTWD works (for me) because "we" know what is going on and what is coming and the characters do not.

I didn't start watching TWD until they cleared the barn on Herschel's farm.  I've watched FTWD from episode one...I thin it might be alright over time.

my real issue with it is the characters.. they arent very good. especially the mom lol im sure it will get better first season was a short one so if this is a full season they might have time to flesh it out a bit more.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: my real issue with it is the characters.. they arent very good. especially the mom lol  im sure it will get better first season was a short one so if this is a full season they might have time to flesh it out a bit more.

They tried to force them. There wasn't a lot going on in the first couple episodes, but they were trying to build tension and give some character development, with a little bit of zombies thrown in. TWD was the opposite, a lot of zombies and the occasional character development.

There wasn't a Merle/T-Dog conflict that made things interesting or a Rick/Shane where it made you like one guy, but that will happen eventually.

(03-28-2016, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: my real issue with it is the characters.. they arent very good. especially the mom lol  im sure it will get better first season was a short one so if this is a full season they might have time to flesh it out a bit more.

(03-28-2016, 11:07 AM)Benton Wrote: They tried to force them. There wasn't a lot going on in the first couple episodes, but they were trying to build tension and give some character development, with a little bit of zombies thrown in. TWD was the opposite, a lot of zombies and the occasional character development.

There wasn't a Merle/T-Dog conflict that made things interesting or a Rick/Shane where it made you like one guy, but that will happen eventually.

What Benton said.  Plus any sequel/spin-off is going to be more closely scrutinized.  l'll give it time...but then I rarely watch television series at all.  So giving up one hour a weekend isn't too bad for me.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 03-28-2016

I'll continue to watch FTWD, but outside of the barber, I didn't like one character. And maybe the guy the dope fiend met in lockup. I think I liked him.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalHawk62 - 03-28-2016

Random question.
What if Maggie has a miscarriage, does the baby turn into a zombie and start killing her from the inside?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 03:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Random question.
What if Maggie has a miscarriage, does the baby turn into a zombie and start killing her from the inside?

Well... that's a damn good question.

(03-28-2016, 03:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Random question.

i thought about that... but the baby should not have any teeth yet not sure about finger/toenails..

But someone mentioned her and glenn leaving for hill top and their doctor. So maybe its just a setup for that.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GodFather - 03-28-2016

Jesus will take his place, the two characters are very similar.