Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 04-04-2016

omg. Stop all the ***** whining already.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - wolfkaosaun - 04-04-2016

Weak ending, but think they gave a clue to who it was if you listen carefully at the end.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 04-04-2016

There's a difference between a good cliffhanger and insulting your audience. This finale was clearly the latter. Either the writers/producers are too dumb to know the difference or they're too drunk on the popularity of the show to even care. Either way I've lost a huge amount of interest in the show. The writing has been getting worse and that ending was the icing on the cake. I'll be in my first year of grad school come October, so I will be making zero effort to watch the new season. I can wait till it comes out on Netflix. Another year isn't going to matter since clearly 6 months won't. Absolute insult to all the fans.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - wolfkaosaun - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 01:03 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There's a difference between a good cliffhanger and insulting your audience. This finale was clearly the latter. Either the writers/producers are too dumb to know the difference or they're too drunk on the popularity of the show to even care. Either way I've lost a huge amount of interest in the show. The writing has been getting worse and that ending was the icing on the cake. I'll be in my first year of grad school come October, so I will be making zero effort to watch the new season. I can wait till it comes out on Netflix. Another year isn't going to matter since clearly 6 months won't. Absolute insult to all the fans.

The sad part is, the beginning of this season started off REALLY good. They actually shot some good stuff.

Then, as some things went on, they dragged stuff out. Like today, episode felt really dragged out. Some tense moments but nothing an hour long episode couldn't put in. And the ending was just weak. EVERYONE knew the death was coming, just show it. People are going to watch the show anyway.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 01:03 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There's a difference between a good cliffhanger and insulting your audience. This finale was clearly the latter. Either the writers/producers are too dumb to know the difference or they're too drunk on the popularity of the show to even care. Either way I've lost a huge amount of interest in the show. The writing has been getting worse and that ending was the icing on the cake. I'll be in my first year of grad school come October, so I will be making zero effort to watch the new season. I can wait till it comes out on Netflix. Another year isn't going to matter since clearly 6 months won't. Absolute insult to all the fans.

Yep.

Compare this to the season finale of Game of Thrones. They end the episode with the image of a main character bleeding to death after being stabbed multiple times. It's clear this person is dead and now we must wait 10 months to find out what happens next.

I may actually be LESS likely to watch this show after that. It's a complete insult. It was built up for weeks and it would have been a powerful ending to show us who died and to show the reactions. We'd be left with anger for Negan, a loss sense of hope, and confusion over how they will recover from this. Since we don't know who it is, it's not as powerful. It could be one of the minor characters, it could be a major character. I don't have any emotions running through me since I don't know who it is other than anger for the writers.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 04-04-2016

Fantastic finale except for that whole last 15 seconds. Hell in the next 6 months there are going to be people who will find it out just by knowing who is on set, and overly detailed fan theories that knock it out in a second. Then when they come back it will just be stupid

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 04-04-2016

So, I came in on just the last few minutes of the show.

Why was Freddie Mercury beating people to death again? Ninja

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 12:53 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Weak ending, but think they gave a clue to who it was if you listen carefully at the end.

After re-watching it a few times, I'll agree (despite a lack of confidence the writers are ever that good).

But at least as far as what was shown, Negan CLEARLY goes to Rick's right before picking the next person.  I think it was Sasha immediately to his right (and the most likely, although not for a woman - could be why they showed it the way they did), then the gay guy, and then I think Carl.

Assuming they wouldn't knock off such a minor character, that leaves Sasha (because it's obviously not Carl).  Although Sasha is pretty irrelevant herself.

[Image: 11x5cl.jpg]

(04-04-2016, 01:03 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The writing has been getting worse and that ending was the icing on the cake.

It's really never been good.  I've actually thought this season was much better, and the best since Season 1.  But that stunt they pulled at the end here was inexcusable.

"Maggie" said on Talking Dead something about the cast doesn't know what happened.  So maybe possible the writers decided to hedge their bets and who got Lucille'd may still be, shall we say, flexible?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 04-04-2016

I think that getting people to analyze the order the people were in and where Negam was facing etc. is what the writers wanted from the ending.

It should really be between Daryl and Glenn. Maggie or Abraham if they go for a curveball. Anything else is (another) proverbial middle finger to the audience after months of build up.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Rubekahn29 - 04-04-2016

Everyone saying they won't watch it, will pick it back up again when it comes on. Don't kid yourselves. This episode was awesome. Just like they talked about on the Talking Dead. This episode was never about who died at the end. It was about the psychological aspect where Rick and his crew went from thinking they were the top dogs to slowly realizing they were just ants in a very big world. You can just see it on Rick's face. If you are going to stop watching because you didn't get to see who died, you were never really a fan of the show. Jeesh.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 05:25 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: After re-watching it a few times, I'll agree (despite a lack of confidence the writers are ever that good).

But at least as far as what was shown, Negan CLEARLY goes to Rick's right before picking the next person.  I think it was Sasha immediately to his right (and the most likely, although not for a woman - could be why they showed it the way they did), then the gay guy, and then I think Carl.

Assuming they wouldn't knock off such a minor character, that leaves Sasha (because it's obviously not Carl).  Although Sasha is pretty irrelevant herself.
I haven't watched it again but I thought he went from the right of Rick back to the left.

My money is on Abraham.  The way that Negan said "You're taking it like a champ!" 

Leads me to believe it was someone who was strong enough to not crumple under the first blow.

With that thought I doubt it would be a woman unless it's Michonne.

Glenn and Daryl would be next down the list IMO.

But both him and Daryl look pretty weak at this point.

The set up would be Abraham telling Sasha he's finally wanting to make some flapjacks with the "Bisquick".

I suppose that could fall under your Sasha theory as well though.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 09:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I haven't watched it again but I thought he went from the right of Rick back to the left.

My money is on Abraham.  The way that Negan said "You're taking it like a champ!" 

Leads me to believe it was someone who was strong enough to not crumple under the first blow.

The set up would be Abraham telling Sasha he's finally wanting to make some flapjacks with the "Bisquick".

thought i heard him mocking someone for calling out to daddy... then saying dads taking it like a champ

Im gonna say no one died but rick had the holy hell beaten out of him.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Donnyho - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 07:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Everyone saying they won't watch it, will pick it back up again when it comes on. Don't kid yourselves. This episode was awesome. Just like they talked about on the Talking Dead. This episode was never about who died at the end. It was about the psychological aspect where Rick and his crew went from thinking they were the top dogs to slowly realizing they were just ants in a very big world. You can just see it on Rick's face. If you are going to stop watching because you didn't get to see who died, you were never really a fan of the show. Jeesh.

But.....it was about who dies at the end. The entire show is built around who dies and who doesn't.  That's literally the entire point of the show. It's not an allegory.  It's not satire. It's a show about zombies killing people, people killing zombies and people killing people.

And why can't you have the psychological aspect, but also show who dies at the end?  Those two things aren't exclusive.

(04-04-2016, 01:55 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Fantastic finale except for that whole last 15 seconds. Hell in the next 6 months there are going to be people who will find it out just by knowing who is on set, and overly detailed fan theories that knock it out in a second. Then when they come back it will just be stupid

That and they will see who has signed contracts for new projects.

One thing I haven't thought of yet is how stupid it is going to be to open up the episode on the death. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That and they will see who has signed contracts for new projects.

One thing I haven't thought of yet is how stupid it is going to be to open up the episode on the death. 

Probably a morning after. The death will be a few minutes into the season opener, immediately before a commercial break.

Speaking of commercials, that was my only real complaint about last night. 90 minutes, 50 minutes of commercials. I'm guessing the season opener is going to be 120 minutes for the regular 40 minute show.

(04-04-2016, 07:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Everyone saying they won't watch it, will pick it back up again when it comes on. Don't kid yourselves. This episode was awesome. Just like they talked about on the Talking Dead. This episode was never about who died at the end. It was about the psychological aspect where Rick and his crew went from thinking they were the top dogs to slowly realizing they were just ants in a very big world. You can just see it on Rick's face. If you are going to stop watching because you didn't get to see who died, you were never really a fan of the show. Jeesh.

I'm not really a fan of the show, I am a fan of the comics. The show just provides me some fun visualizations of a few major scenes from the comics. 

Knowing the source material, ending the issue (or in this case, the show) with them defeated, crying, afraid, and sitting next the the dead, mutilated body of one of their closest friends was powerful. It was issue 100 and it was the best way they could have ended such an important issue. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 01:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep.

Compare this to the season finale of Game of Thrones. They end the episode with the image of a main character bleeding to death after being stabbed multiple times. It's clear this person is dead and now we must wait 10 months to find out what happens next.

I may actually be LESS likely to watch this show after that. It's a complete insult. It was built up for weeks and it would have been a powerful ending to show us who died and to show the reactions. We'd be left with anger for Negan, a loss sense of hope, and confusion over how they will recover from this. Since we don't know who it is, it's not as powerful. It could be one of the minor characters, it could be a major character. I don't have any emotions running through me since I don't know who it is other than anger for the writers.

It's a show about zombies. At the end of the day, I don't think they care about cinema or storytelling.

Ending it this isn't good storytelling, but it's hellacious marketing. For a couple weeks, people are going to talk about it. For a few months, your Facebook feed is going to be filled with frame after frame breakdowns and filtered audio where you can hear a cast member at the food truck saying "Damn, ********** really won't be back?" And then in the summer, when new contracts for shows and movie production starts. All leading up to mid fall, when they'll start running promos of every character looking forlorn.

And while that keep the water churned, it keeps people buying their merch and visiting their web sites for info.

(04-04-2016, 09:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I haven't watched it again but I thought he went from the right of Rick back to the left.

(04-04-2016, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: thought i heard him mocking someone for calling out to daddy...  then saying dads taking it like a champ

Im gonna say no one died  but rick had the holy hell beaten out of him.

Agree with Abraham, Glenn, and Daryl being the only real candidates.

As far as "Taking it like a champ", that's just directly pulled from the comics, but they removed the "He's". I didn't hear dad and given how hard the bat was swung and the fact that it's a head, they definitely killed whoever it was.