Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I find that most of the characters bore me and have run their course, and some like Carol and Morgan have gotten downright annoying.  Daryl is the only one I care about, and he's had a pretty limited role this season.

So the cliffhanger doesn't bother me because, quite honestly, I couldn't care less who died.  But I hope it's Glenn - always thought Maggie could do better Hilarious

Negan and Jesus are interesting dudes, and as a viewer I want to see more of them.

The show doesnt focus on anyone other than Rick anymore, honestly.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Every season is the same. Find shelter, run into bad guy, shelter is threatened, defeat bad guy.

That's just it.  That's all there is in that world.  We get it, give us something new.

And why are there still so many zombies, and strong zombies?  Like 95% of the population or whatever was wiped out pretty quickly in the outbreak.  There's no more food source for them - most of them by now should be in a catatonic/dormant state.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's just it.  That's all there is in that world.  We get it, give us something new.

I was hopeful for the bullet operation. Turn Mullet into the missing Mythbuster and have that be part of it, the whole trying to get the recipe right, manufacture, etc. But it looks like that's just going to be background stuff.

(04-04-2016, 03:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I was hopeful for the bullet operation. Turn Mullet into the missing Mythbuster and have that be part of it, the whole trying to get the recipe right, manufacture, etc. But it looks like that's just going to be background stuff.

They need to break out some of the heavy artillery.  We've seen one tank (I guess two, techically), and one rocket launcher, a helicopter and maybe a chain gun.  There has to be a bunch of that stuff lying around military bases scattered all over the US.

I get it's hard to take that because most of the bases have zombified infantry in full riot gear.  But shouldn't be that hard of a problem to solve.  They all should be roaming around in armor-plated Hum-vees complete with gunner.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They need to break out some of the heavy artillery.  We've seen one tank (I guess two, techically), and one rocket launcher, a helicopter and maybe a chain gun.  There has to be a bunch of that stuff lying around military bases scattered all over the US.

I get it's hard to take that because most of the bases have zombified infantry in full riot gear.  But shouldn't be that hard of a problem to solve.  They all should be roaming around in armor-plated Hum-vees complete with gunner.

And why no flamethrowers? To me, that is the perfect time for a flamethrower. Roll up to a military base (or any of the other places they've been but couldn't get into), ignite the herd and then sit back in a Humvee and wait until they flame out.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 05:37 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's really never been good.  I've actually thought this season was much better, and the best since Season 1.  But that stunt they pulled at the end here was inexcusable.

"Maggie" said on Talking Dead something about the cast doesn't know what happened.  So maybe possible the writers decided to hedge their bets and who got Lucille'd may still be, shall we say, flexible?

It allowed them to shoot the scene without there being a character on the receiving end. They dont even need to shoot the receiving end of the scene until the end of filming for next season's premier, which would make it impossible for an early leak, since everyone will be on set.

Well, it wouldn't allow for a leak until shooting is wrapped, a couple months before the premier. But for that to happen, it would have to be someone on the inside, especially if they shoot scenes with multiple characters. Then, the editors and writers are the only ones that would know.

(04-04-2016, 04:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It allowed them to shoot the scene without there being a character on the receiving end. They dont even need to shoot the receiving end of the scene until the end of filming for next season's premier, which would make it impossible for an early leak, since everyone will be on set. 

True, but the cliffhanger wasn't really necessary - most people assume it was Glenn, or from what I'm seeing most don't seem to really care and aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

My suspicion is it gave them time to decide if it will be Glenn or Daryl.  Norman Reedus has other projects and appears to be making the leap to the big screen.  His days on the show are definitely numbered, and if not now then they'll have to create a similarly impactful death for a character not in the comics.

On the other hand, since Daryl isn't in the comics it's a chance for a truly surprising and shocking death.  But they ruined that dramatic moment if they open next season and it's "look, there's Daryl laying on the ground".

Just saying, it seems most people's reaction is it was more "gotchya!" than dramatic.  The writers claim they will do it justice, but my expectation is the reveal will be totally anti-climactic, ESPECIALLY if it is Glenn.  Seems like the hard-core fans are comic readers, and if they try to re-ignite the drama only to reveal Glenn, I think it will piss-off a lot of diehard fans.  

Hmmmm, I think I just made a strong case that it's not Glenn.  Except I've been wrong before giving the writers too much credit, and no reason to think that will change now.

(04-04-2016, 03:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They need to break out some of the heavy artillery.  We've seen one tank (I guess two, techically), and one rocket launcher, a helicopter and maybe a chain gun.  There has to be a bunch of that stuff lying around military bases scattered all over the US.

I also think the show is being held back by the environment its shot in. The whole wilderness surrounding is becoming extremely stale. I wish they would migrate to a city or something. 

Just give me something other than them wondering around in the wilderness all the time. You would think after running into countless bad people in the same proximity of where they are at the group would smarten up and leave town. My God. 

(04-04-2016, 04:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: True, but the cliffhanger wasn't really necessary - most people assume it was Glenn, or from what I'm seeing most don't seem to really care and aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

My suspicion is it gave them time to decide if it will be Glenn or Daryl.  Norman Reedus has other projects and appears to be making the leap to the big screen.  His days on the show are definitely numbered, and if not now then they'll have to create a similarly impactful death for a character not in the comics.

On the other hand, since Daryl isn't in the comics it's a chance for a truly surprising and shocking death.  But they ruined that dramatic moment if they open next season and it's "look, there's Daryl laying on the ground".

Just saying, it seems most people's reaction is it was more "gotchya!" than dramatic.  The writers claim they will do it justice, but my expectation is the reveal will be totally anti-climactic, ESPECIALLY if it is Glenn.  Seems like the hard-core fans are comic readers, and if they try to re-ignite the drama only to reveal Glenn, I think it will piss-off a lot of diehard fans.  

Hmmmm, I think I just made a strong case that it's not Glenn.  Except I've been wrong before giving the writers too much credit, and no reason to think that will change now.

Absolutely no way in hell the writers of this show kill off Daryl. They arent nearly that stupid. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That and they will see who has signed contracts for new projects.

One thing I haven't thought of yet is how stupid it is going to be to open up the episode on the death. 

Yeah that will be awful. Not to be comic nostalgic, but they needed to end it on the death, and have Negan do his "ta ta", then have the episode end. Have it end on the note of hopelessness and pain. Have it end with Rick realizing all the stuff that ends well for him won't end well anymore

(04-04-2016, 04:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Absolutely no way in hell the writers of this show kill off Daryl. They arent nearly that stupid. 

I'm saying they may not have a choice.  Norman Reedus is moving on to bigger and better things.  Daryl is not going to go out on a motorcycle ride never to come back - at some point he has to die.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That and they will see who has signed contracts for new projects.

One thing I haven't thought of yet is how stupid it is going to be to open up the episode on the death. 

while its stupid and everyone hates cliff hangers... That episode S7E1 will generate the highest viewer ratings yet.

Maybe they havent choose who dies yet.... and whoever messes up their contract negotiations gets the bat

(04-04-2016, 04:46 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm saying they may not have a choice.  Norman Reedus is moving on to bigger and better things.  Daryl is not going to go out on a motorcycle ride never to come back - at some point he has to die.

If I were him I would do that. Just live off the land by himself. All Rick seems to do is get him and the group in trouble. Dude is the worst leader ever.

(04-04-2016, 04:45 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Yeah that will be awful. Not to be comic nostalgic, but they needed to end it on the death, and have Negan do his "ta ta", then have the episode end. Have it end on the note of hopelessness and pain. Have it end with Rick realizing all the stuff that ends well for him won't end well anymore

It kind of felt like a poorly executed rip-off of the Sorpranos finale.   

(04-04-2016, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe they havent choose who dies yet....  and whoever messes up their contract negotiations gets the bat

Should have messed up, but not killed, Carl.

A blind, concussed Carl wandering the forest thinking a walker is his mommy would make me laugh.  Or zombie Carl with no eyes roaming the forest running into trees and tripping over logs.

(04-04-2016, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If I were him I would do that. Just live off the land by himself. All Rick seems to do is get him and the group in trouble. Dude is the worst leader ever.

He did realize that and gave up leadership and they made him be leader again.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 04-04-2016

Rather than "Jump The Shark" and the younger generation knowing what it means but not where it comes from, the new phrase will be "Got Lucilled".

(04-04-2016, 05:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Rather than "Jump The Shark" and the younger generation knowing what it means but not where it comes from, the new phrase will be "Got Lucilled".

Still sticking with "Nuke the Fridge"....

Well, confirming what we already knew [from the producer]

----------------

On whether fans can find legit clues as to who Negan whacked by studying the final sequence |
 “I believe there’s no way. There are a couple of things in there that might help people possibly limit the amount of people who are vulnerable, [but] I truly don’t think there’s a way to puzzle it out definitively.”

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 04-04-2016

5 minutes of Neagan and I'm already bored with his look at me I'm a charismatic psychopath that you all will think is awesome because I'm only the thousandth incarnation of the same character.

And Rick, you should have attacked the first ambush. You had that one. At worst you retreat, scout, then ambush.