Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 04-11-2016

(04-09-2016, 01:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: No he didn't. He just said "damn, taking it like a champ"

All the analysis is pointless. The directors said as much. They want people to analyze the hair factor, shadows, slowed down sound, and whatever just so people are talking about it for the next six months. All to (probably) reveal that it was the very person we expected it to be all along in Glenn.

Correct.  If they didn't leave any clues, then you can analyze all you want, and it makes no difference.  

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GodFather - 04-11-2016

Wouldn't it have to be Glenn who died especially with how the Maggie storyline progresses in the comic books as a result? If not they would have to really change some major storylines around with her character if it was Daryl and not Glenn.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 03:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: Wouldn't it have to be Glenn who died especially with how the Maggie storyline progresses in the comic books as a result? If not they would have to really change some major storylines around with her character if it was Daryl and not Glenn.

I'm not sure Glenn living necessarily prevents her evolving, but I haven't read the comics.

Also, having her miscarry could be used to the same effect.  They could always kill Glenn at a later date.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 03:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: Wouldn't it have to be Glenn who died especially with how the Maggie storyline progresses in the comic books as a result? If not they would have to really change some major storylines around with her character if it was Daryl and not Glenn.

It could always turn out to be Carol that assumes the Maggie role.

Dun dun daaaaaa!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 05:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not sure Glenn living necessarily prevents her evolving, but I haven't read the comics.

Also, having her miscarry could be used to the same effect.  They could always kill Glenn at a later date.

True. Baby dies, she's still got Glenn to raise.

Mellow

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 05:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It could always turn out to be Carol that assumes the Maggie role.

Dun dun daaaaaa!

Wow.  I'll give you credit for a plausible and huge twist.  Killing Maggie would be the most shocking thing they could.

Sure, don't give the writers too much credit - but might they have cut the "HE'S taking it like a champ" because a woman met Lucille?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 09:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wow.  I'll give you credit for a plausible and huge twist.  Killing Maggie would be the most shocking thing they could.

Sure, don't give the writers too much credit - but might they have cut the "HE'S taking it like a champ" because a woman met Lucille?

Or killing Daryl could set Carol off in a good way. 

She got shot so probably not.  Depends on the time of the arc I suppose.

They really did leave it wide open.

I still think Abraham gets snuffed next season. it may be later than sooner.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - bfine32 - 04-12-2016

Didn't read any of the thread, but I will say I just started on this series last night (Netflix). Maybe I'm provide relevant posts in 6 episodes and 5 seasons.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GodFather - 04-12-2016

(04-11-2016, 05:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not sure Glenn living necessarily prevents her evolving, but I haven't read the comics.

*spoiler*

I read that in the comics Maggie hung herself after Glenn was murdered. If Glenn lives on the series then that would drastically alter the plot of the characters. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't read any of the thread, but I will say I just started on this series last night (Netflix). Maybe I'm provide relevant posts in 6 episodes and 5 seasons.

You're brave!  LOL!

I can't binge watch like that.  In fact I never went back and watched the first couple season...just got bits and pieces and then filled in with websites.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 04-13-2016

(04-11-2016, 09:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Or killing Daryl could set Carol off in a good way. 

She got shot so probably not.  Depends on the time of the arc I suppose.

They really did leave it wide open.

I still think Abraham gets snuffed next season. it may be later than sooner.

Think a Carol / Morgan power crazy couple is coming?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Beaker - 04-15-2016

(04-11-2016, 09:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wow.  I'll give you credit for a plausible and huge twist.  Killing Maggie would be the most shocking thing they could.

He actually said "look at you...taking it like a champ". There was no gender reference.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 05:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: He actually said "look at you...taking it like a champ". There was no gender reference.

That was my point.  In the comic, it's "He's taking it like a champ".  So it's a curious, if not deliberate, decision to remove the gender reference...unless it's an intentionally lame misdirection (which is entirely possible).

Again, I try to refrain from giving the writers too much credit, but it was unnecessary to delete "he" since it's still theoretically indeterminate. To me the only reason to remove "he" is a continuity error because it was actually a woman.

So much of that dialogue was otherwise verbatim, even the muffled words of Glenn heard only enhanced audio (which is also curious). So why do all that but delete "he"?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 04-18-2016

(04-15-2016, 07:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That was my point.  In the comic, it's "He's taking it like a champ".  So it's a curious, if not deliberate, decision to remove the gender reference...unless it's an intentionally lame misdirection (which is entirely possible).

Again, I try to refrain from giving the writers too much credit, but it was unnecessary to delete "he" since it's still theoretically indeterminate. To me the only reason to remove "he" is a continuity error because it was actually a woman.

So much of that dialogue was otherwise verbatim, even the muffled words of Glenn heard only enhanced audio (which is also curious). So why do all that but delete "he"?

given the fact the entire episode was set up to make it seem any one of them could get the bat. we def wont know for sure till next season or someone spills the beans.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Beaker - 04-22-2016

Just leaked out that Steven Yeun has signed on to shoot a movie that will be filming at the same time the next season of TWD is being filmed. Maybe they did stick to the comics on this one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/walking-dead-star-steven-yeun-857669

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-29-2016

(04-22-2016, 11:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: Just leaked out that Steven Yeun has signed on to shoot a movie that will be filming at the same time the next season of TWD is being filmed. Maybe they did stick to the comics on this one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/walking-dead-star-steven-yeun-857669

Maybe.  They'd only need him for a day to shoot the final/opening scene.

Still going with bait-n-switch of they killed someone else, but the big shocker is Lucille is playing a double-header.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 05-02-2016

(04-29-2016, 06:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Maybe.  They'd only need him for a day to shoot the final/opening scene.

Still going with bait-n-switch of they killed someone else, but the big shocker is Lucille is playing a double-header.

What I'm wondering is: Wouldn't they have already filmed the scene? For continuity of filming, to make everything look like they left off, seems like they would have already shot the scene.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 10:46 PM)Benton Wrote: What I'm wondering is: Wouldn't they have already filmed the scene? For continuity of filming, to make everything look like they left off, seems like they would have already shot the scene.

they probly have.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 05-03-2016

They could have shot the scene with close ups of everyone and murdered everyone just to keep it from leaking.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 08-29-2016

Why hasn't anyone thought about using those Hesco Defense Barriers?

I know people are using what they can find around the area to build walls and you really don't have to use what the military uses to build them, you could used the idea like the trailers from big rigs flipped on their sides and filled with dirt.

I'm sorry but after the fence from the jail and the tin walls at Alexandria, I would want to build something much heavier and permanent that will not only hold the walkers at bay but keep the non-infected out better as well. While the non-infected have brains and use them, it will keep them out long enough to mount a defense and we all know it's easier to defend than it is to assault especially when you have cover and the high ground with a good sorce of water.

Just think, 100 trailers flipped on their sides filled with dirt from outside the perimeter which creates a trench that's connected to a river or creek that is 10 feet deep and 20 feet wide. On top are these 4x2x2 Hesco Defense Barriers for cover to repel any invaders and only one way in or out.

That would be pretty cool...to hell with Negan and his little bat.