Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 10-23-2016

(10-22-2016, 12:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The casting schedule already spoiled who dies. (spoiler down below) Which confirms my opinion that the spoiler was an insanely stupid idea and a cheap ploy to try and boost ratings for the premier. I predict after the first episode you're going to see a huge drop off in viewers. Their marketing campaign is proving that they're kinda worried about it too. I've never seen commercials for TWD outside of AMC and now there's always a few on during football on Sundays.

(spoiler):

Steven Yeun (glenn) and Michael Cudlitz (abraham) have only filmed 1 episode this season. They die.  Whatever

HAHAHAHAHAHA F this show. 

Didn't watch it, but saw all over facebook who died. What a surprise  Ninja It's a shame such a good show has turned into this steaming pile of crap. I highly suggest watching Westworld on HBO at 9 pm on Sunday nights instead. Superb acting and writing, and I'm pretty sure the producers don't see their audience as mindless sheep. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 10-23-2016

They had my hope up with the Carl scene.

Disappointed

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GodFather - 10-23-2016

I think the funniest thing is at the end with the Talking Dead, and Chris Hardwick's serious face... "We're going to get through this. Its hard but we will get through this"

Get through what? Its a Fookin' television show. Chris Hardwick isn't a tool, he's the whole tool shed.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 10-24-2016

(10-23-2016, 11:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think the funniest thing is at the end with the Talking Dead, and Chris Hardwick's serious face... "We're going to get through this. Its hard but we will get through this"

Get through what? Its a Fookin' television show. Chris Hardwick isn't a tool, he's the whole tool shed.

Literally only watching Talking Dead for Lauren Cohen right now.

Hot damn. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 12:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Literally only watching Talking Dead for Lauren Cohen right now.

Hot damn. 

She played Bella on Supernatural and her character on that show was ripped apart by hellhounds and dragged to hell since she sold her soul 10 years earlier.

As for TWD, I just hope the show didn't "Jump The Shark" with how last season ended and this season began. All throughout last season, Rick was a badass, no hesitation, kicked butt and then all of a sudden he's cautious at the end of last season and during this season opener he has multiple chances to kill Negan and he's all jelly?

Negan pulls Rick back into the camper after emptying his clip into zombie heads and turns his back to Rick? I don't think so and before anyone says "Well, he was traumatized by what just took place", I'm sorry but I don't buy it. This group has been through so much, Glenn and Abraham being beaten to death wouldn't have cause that much trauma.

No, when Negan turned his back, Rick should have planted that axe in his skull, cut off his head, drove back to where his people were and thrown the head out and said, "Now you work for me". That would have been much better and fit the character better.

Just my opinion.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Trademark - 10-24-2016

Terrible episode too predictable

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Atomic Orange - 10-24-2016

They got what they deserved after they became cold blooded murderers which instantly made our beloved Alexandrians bad guys.

Nobody seems to realize this.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Housh - 10-24-2016

This thread is horrible

Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the show. Definitely will never open this thread again. And that's only after reading 2 pages

Y'all ain't gotta micro analyze everything.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-24-2016

Everyone is a ***** critic. You literally cannot please anyone when it comes to this show. All I see are complaints about it, yet somehow, it's still the highest rated show on television. I don't get it.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:21 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone is a ***** critic.  You literally cannot please anyone when it comes to this show.  All I see are complaints about it, yet somehow, it's still the highest rated show on television.  I don't get it.

This always cracks me up. It is based around a well known comic, so of course it is predictable. Then you get the comic snob who says the comic is better, of course it is because you can get away with more in a comic then basic cable TV. Then the claims of people not going to watch it, Well someone is because it remains the highest rated show. No, their marketing department isn't worried because the ratings prove they have nothing to worry about. I see the same shit with GOT and it seems to just be a trend of hippsters who want to act like they were the first ones off the "Ship" so they can say they knew it was "uncool" before everyone else.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: This always cracks me up. It is based around a well known comic, so of course it is predictable. Then you get the comic snob who says the comic is better, of course it is because you can get away with more in a comic then basic cable TV. Then the claims of people not going to watch it, Well someone is because it remains the highest rated show. No, their marketing department isn't worried because the ratings prove they have nothing to worry about. I see the same shit with GOT and it seems to just be a trend of hippsters who want to act like they were the first ones off the "Ship" so they can say they knew it was "uncool" before everyone else.

I'm pissed because it used to be a great show. Such wasted potential. It's not even entertaining anymore. That's why I stopped watching. That middle finger of a cliffhanger last year was the final straw for me. I'll watch it when it comes to netflix. Another 12 months is no big deal. 

P.s. "high ratings" doesn't mean a show is good  ThumbsUp

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GodFather - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 12:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Literally only watching Talking Dead for Lauren Cohen right now.

Hot damn. 

Too bad Chris Hardwick was there to be your "Salt Peter" everytime he opened his mouth to speak!

(10-24-2016, 10:39 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm pissed because it used to be a great show. Such wasted potential. It's not even entertaining anymore. That's why I stopped watching. That middle finger of a cliffhanger last year was the final straw for me. I'll watch it when it comes to netflix. Another 12 months is no big deal. 

You basically proved my point. You said you quit watching and it's not entertaining....and in the same paragraph said you'll eventually watch.

"High ratings" mean people are watching. The job of a show is to make people watch. Good or bad is subjective, the reason people watch is of no concern to the producers. Apparently something is keeping people coming back.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: Then you get the comic snob who says the comic is better, of course it is because you can get away with more in a comic then basic cable TV. 

Me

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-24-2016

Also, I really hate what they did to Rick. He's suppose to be angry and defeated, but he still has fight left in him. This Rick is just crying and has snot pouring out of his nose.

(10-24-2016, 11:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, I really hate what they did to Rick. He's suppose to be angry and defeated, but he still has fight left in him. This Rick is just crying and has snot pouring out of his nose.

The comic snob is tough (Joking title by the way), I actually get your gripe to an extent. The thing is these are real people who have to show real emotion in a cinematic environment versus simply scenes on paper. I think they are trying to show a broken man to elicit a certain emotion from viewers, that they will show the rebuilding process over time. Obviously they have diverted from the comics long ago, but it is an adaptation to a much larger viewership than the hardcore comic reader.

It is similar to any Show/Movie based on a written story, you come in with a perception of how it should be and it will never live up to what you have in your head. Of all the things I listed I actually can see your view point more than the others.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 01:02 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote:  

Negan pulls Rick back into the camper after emptying his clip into zombie heads and turns his back to Rick? I don't think so and before anyone says "Well, he was traumatized by what just took place", I'm sorry but I don't buy it. This group has been through so much, Glenn and Abraham being beaten to death wouldn't have cause that much trauma.

No, when Negan turned his back, Rick should have planted that axe in his skull, cut off his head, drove back to where his people were and thrown the head out and said, "Now you work for me". That would have been much better and fit the character better.

Just my opinion.

That was my thinking. At least severe a limb or two and take Negan's trunk back, kick it out of the RV and ask who wants to go for a ride next.

(10-24-2016, 10:39 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm pissed because it used to be a great show. Such wasted potential. It's not even entertaining anymore. That's why I stopped watching. That middle finger of a cliffhanger last year was the final straw for me. I'll watch it when it comes to netflix. Another 12 months is no big deal. 

I'm just about to that point. The show was great when it was about surviving, zombies, characters. Now it's about long stares off into the distance and season-long arcs building up to a death scene that can be played with some lonely music. If this season follows the last few, the first couple episodes will be decent, then you'll have several that are just a lot of staring and talking as things "return to normal" then some cataclysm around mid-season that will lead up to a cliffhanger finale... before next season that starts with a couple decent episodes leading to several where there's staring and talking...

(10-24-2016, 11:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, I really hate what they did to Rick. He's suppose to be angry and defeated, but he still has fight left in him. This Rick is just crying and has snot pouring out of his nose.

Agreed, and kind of with my comments above. I like angry Rick. Everyone likes angry Rick. Angry Rick makes the show. But every season (almost) we get into tearing down angry Rick, turning him into sad sobbing Rick. All so that we can get back to angry Rick.

I'd stopped reading the comics by this point, but I don't remember Rick having some kind of mood disorder.

Didn't one of the producers say a couple years ago the point was that after a while Zombies really aren't the real monsters you have to worry about? Only so many ways to kill zombies and run away, in reality man is the most dangerous thing in a post apocalyptic world and that is what you're seeing them explore.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 10-24-2016

I want to see Carol kill more zombies and psychopathic kids... while baking more cookies. Ninja

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 10-24-2016

(10-23-2016, 11:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So they killed two guys who are already dead at this point.

Show Rick is still only a fraction of the character that Comics Rick is.

People are like "oh my god, this is so crazy, I can't believe it." Yea, this happened basically exactly as it did in the comics 4.5 years ago. The only difference is Abraham's death was given to a rando character and then he shared Glenn's death.

You do realize that not everyone reads or has read the comics, right? I would say that only a minute fraction of the people that watch the show have read the comics or even know they exist, so its kind of impossible for them to know the outcome, ya know? 

Also, I think Rick's character in the show is really good. Andrew Lincoln has a done an AMAZING acting job over this series and has really done a good job portraying Rick.