Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, I think Rick's character in the show is really good. Andrew Lincoln has a done an AMAZING acting job over this series and has really done a good job portraying Rick. 

My only complaint...he is British and it bothers me for some reason.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 10-24-2016

That episode was absolutely brutal. The writers and producers of this show have never taken in there before. When Glenn's skull got bashed and he was trying to talk to Maggie was just too much.

Man, I dont know if I can continue to watch this show if its going to be that brutal all season. Just stomach turning.

(10-24-2016, 04:05 AM)Housh Wrote: This thread is horrible

Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the show. Definitely will never open this thread again. And that's only after reading 2 pages

Y'all ain't gotta micro analyze everything.

This. Im pretty sure half the people that ***** in this thread dont even watch the show anymore. 

(10-24-2016, 10:39 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm pissed because it used to be a great show. Such wasted potential. It's not even entertaining anymore. That's why I stopped watching. That middle finger of a cliffhanger last year was the final straw for me. I'll watch it when it comes to netflix. Another 12 months is no big deal. 

P.s. "high ratings" doesn't mean a show is good  ThumbsUp

Then why are you hanging around in this thread? Just to comment on how much you hate it? 

If you dont watch the show and dont want to offer and insightful discussion on it, then just leave. We dont need your hate. 

(10-24-2016, 11:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, I really hate what they did to Rick. He's suppose to be angry and defeated, but he still has fight left in him. This Rick is just crying and has snot pouring out of his nose.

Im sure you would be a real tough guy if just saw two of your best friends get brutally murdered and you are obligated to cut your sons arm off or the rest of your crew dies. 

Again, the show is different than the comic. Accept it and move on with your life. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 12:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That episode was absolutely brutal. The writers and producers of this show have never taken in there before. When Glenn's skull got bashed and he was trying to talk to Maggie was just too much.

Man, I dont know if I can continue to watch this show if its going to be that brutal all season. Just stomach turning.

it had to be brutal... to help convey what they were going thru we had to go thru it too...

We knew it was coming..  We probly didn't expect to get as up close a shot to the gore but it is the walking dead and they don't shy away from it.

Was it just too much cause it was glenns skull?  they had done worse to walkers.

Ill tell you though I like Negan now....  That vampire bat joke cracked me up... 

Thought they would have used this as a point to remove ricks arm/hand...   although the comic writer said he regretted that as it made things harder.

(10-24-2016, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: My only complaint...he is British and it bothers me for some reason.

quiet a few of them are...  not an issue.  it would be an issue if they all had british accents on the show. that wouldn't make sense.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 12:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: quiet a few of them are...  not an issue.  it would be an issue if they all had british accents on the show. that wouldn't make sense.

It's a problem when I hear him talk out of character and then I watch the character and I just cant shake it haha.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You do realize that not everyone reads or has read the comics, right? I would say that only a minute fraction of the people that watch the show have read the comics or even know they exist, so its kind of impossible for them to know the outcome, ya know? 

Also, I think Rick's character in the show is really good. Andrew Lincoln has a done an AMAZING acting job over this series and has really done a good job portraying Rick. 

I'm not faulting people... just pointing out that, in the end, the writers stayed true to the comics. I was happy they killed off Glenn. It was necessary. I was worried when just Abraham died that they wouldn't kill Glenn or Darryl. 

Also, I think Andrew Lincoln does a great job with the script, I just don't like how the writers write this version of Rick.

(10-24-2016, 12:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im sure you would be a real tough guy if just saw two of your best friends get brutally murdered and you are obligated to cut your sons arm off or the rest of your crew dies. 

Again, the show is different than the comic. Accept it and move on with your life. 

I wouldn't, but Rick would be. That's his character. Hopefully this is just a front he us putting up, because the Rick we know is planning his counter attack immediately 

I'll try to "move on with [my] life" though...?

(10-24-2016, 12:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's a problem when I hear him talk out of character and then I watch the character and I just cant shake it haha.

I wanna see some bloopers where the British accent just takes over.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-24-2016

The writers should have had Negan come out like Sgt. Donny Donowitz or "The Bear Jew" from Inglorius Bastards fame and talk in a New York accent with a slight lisp just going off about how the head came apart.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 10-24-2016

Today I learned that AMC permits one f-word per season on their shows. I wonder If Negan will get the first one of The Walking Dead.

Although I gotta admit, it's a little ridiculous. We can have heads getting split, eyes bulging out, but have to draw the line at the f-word?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 04:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Today I learned that AMC permits one f-word per season on their shows. I wonder If Negan will get the first one of The Walking Dead.

Although I gotta admit, it's a little ridiculous. We can have heads getting split, eyes bulging out, but have to draw the line at the f-word?

[Image: southpark-blame-canada.jpg?itok=hHtZe9bM]

Quote:Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! That's what this war is all about!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Griever - 10-25-2016

i would have preferred (to show how brutal negan was) for after he killed abraham, someone mention that maggie was pregnant, so he takes maggie and cuts the baby right out..that would have been the "this guy is one brutal mother *****" moment

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 04:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Today I learned that AMC permits one f-word per season on their shows. I wonder If Negan will get the first one of The Walking Dead.

Welcome to America!

You can curse a lot, decapitate people, shoot them, blow them up. But show a boob? They will end your network.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:09 AM)Griever Wrote: i would have preferred (to show how brutal negan was) for after he killed abraham, someone mention that maggie was pregnant, so he takes maggie and cuts the baby right out..that would have been the "this guy is one brutal mother *****" moment

Negan is weird and brutal, but he's not sadistic like the Governor. The Governor would rape and torture. Negan is actually pretty reasonable when you consider he only killed one of Rick's people despite having a whole host of his group killed. He believes in order. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Griever - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Negan is weird and brutal, but he's not sadistic like the Governor. The Governor would rape and torture. Negan is actually pretty reasonable when you consider he only killed one of Rick's people despite having a whole host of his group killed. He believes in order. 

2 people*

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Negan is weird and brutal, but he's not sadistic like the Governor. The Governor would rape and torture. Negan is actually pretty reasonable when you consider he only killed one of Rick's people despite having a whole host of his group killed. He believes in order. 

It's what makes Megan such a great "villain." He's not inherently evil or anything. If the series followed Megan from day 1 instead of Rick, there's just as much a chance that the audience would see Rick and his gang as the villains instead. I look forward to JDM's interpretation of the character even if his language is a little less....colorful.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 03:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's what makes Megan such a great "villain." He's not inherently evil or anything. If the series followed Megan from day 1 instead of Rick, there's just as much a chance that the audience would see Rick and his gang as the villains instead. I look forward to JDM's interpretation of the character even if his language is a little less....colorful.

I didn't get a chance to read each post, but I totally agreed with this.

As to who got it, before the show I said:

Abraham should have been dead by now.
Glenn was the obvious choice.

I also had guessed Daryl since no one knows where his storyline might/could go.  And since he's property of Nagan now I'm good with that.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: My only complaint...he is British and it bothers me for some reason.

So is Maggie...and that doesn't bother me one iota!