Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 09:48 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Last night's episode was so boring compared to last week. Like cool, it's good to see the King finally. But ugh, what a waste.

if the walking dead was all action all the time it would have been over 4 seasons ago.

STORY is important to any STORY.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the walking dead was all action all the time it would have been over 4 seasons ago.

I was trying to explain that to my wife last night.

They need to explain the Kingdom and start setting it all up.

Plus she now hates Carol and wants her to die.   Smirk

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 11:20 AM)Benton Wrote: I liked it. Not much in action, but Carol's one of the few interesting characters left, and Ezekiel was pretty entertaining. Honestly, was 100 times better than what I was expecting (I thought this week was going to be 45 minutes of mopey Rick).

Sunday night when TWD is one is usually the only time I will definitely be sitting on the couch watching television.

Last night I was sitting at my computer (around the corner from the television) just listening to the episode.  My daughter walked in and wated to know why I wasn't watching.  My wife came in later and asked why I wasn't watching.

My answer was the same:  I'm not expecting much action this week...I can listen and get caught up on some personal work on the computer. (Just had to install a new desktop and I'm about two weeks behind on projects.)

I got up occasionally to see what was going on though.

Overall it was a good "break" from last week and a nice setup for what (should) be coming this season.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BigPapaKain - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the walking dead was all action all the time it would have been over 4 seasons ago.

Yeah but when you're recovering from a massive hangover, an episode where nothing really happens doesn't stop you from thinking about the horror happening to your body.

Don't get me wrong, any other week I'd of been fine with it - excited even. I love King Ezekiel. I really just wanted something to get my mind off of my idiocy.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 11-02-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: So is Maggie...and that doesn't bother me one iota!

And Morgan.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-13-2016

I'm starting to lose interest in The Walking Dead. I hope we start seeing plans to kill Negan and the takeover of his operation soon or the show will lose its appeal for me.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 11-14-2016

(11-13-2016, 11:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm starting to lose interest in The Walking Dead. I hope we start seeing plans to kill Negan and the takeover of his operation soon or the show will lose its appeal for me.

dude of course  its not gonna be 4 seasons of rick and company farming for negan lol.

But they gotta set it all up... Negan wont be wrapped up by the end of the season either.  probly not till end of next season if I had to guess.   Rick still kinda has that look in his eye but he is trying to keep everyone alive.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 11-14-2016

Snot faced Rick is here for the foreseeable future.

Whatever

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Trademark - 11-14-2016

Negan is already getting old....

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 11-14-2016

So if people don't like having villains, and the story lines to build them up, what is it they actually want? Just running through the woods killing zombies? If it wasn't for other humans the show would have ended a few seasons ago. They have already established they can live very well in the current world of zombies. The zombies simply aren't "dangerous" anymore it is the lack of rules and the threat of other factions that is their greatest danger. You can't have them just blow through a new "villain" every couple episodes, you have to build the story around these villains and what it does to the characters in order to have a viable narrative.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 11-14-2016

We have had one episode where this group deals with life under the villain and people are upset?

Give Rick time to figure out what he is going to do. It'll be worth it. We also have these four communities that we need to go back and forth between. It's a much larger world and will remain that way. Give them time to coordinate.

(11-14-2016, 01:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: So if people don't like having villains, and the story lines to build them up, what is it they actually want? Just running through the woods killing zombies? If it wasn't for other humans the show would have ended a few seasons ago. They have already established they can live very well in the current world of zombies. The zombies simply aren't "dangerous" anymore it is the lack of rules and the threat of other factions that is their greatest danger. You can't have them just blow through a new "villain" every couple episodes, you have to build the story around these villains and what it does to the characters in order to have a viable narrative.

(11-14-2016, 04:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have had one episode where this group deals with life under the villain and people are upset?

Give Rick time to figure out what he is going to do. It'll be worth it. We also have these four communities that we need to go back and forth between. It's a much larger world and will remain that way. Give them time to coordinate.

I like the villain aspect. And I hope Negan is around for a while as he's interesting. The Saviors are interesting. So's the community dynamic.

My issue is what I've complained about before with Rick for a couple seasons. His character has become flat in that it's just about building him up, setting him off, breaking him down. Rinse, repeat. We know Rick will get back to Crazy Rick — which most people seem to like — once something happens to make Snot Faced Rick realize he can't just ignore things. It was the lead up to Shane, the lead up to the confrontation with the Governor, the lead up to the second confrontation with the Governor.

It was ok a couple times, but now it's not really developing the character, it's just rehashing it.

Leave Snot Faced Rick beside the road. Keep Crazy Rick.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 06:14 PM)Benton Wrote: I like the villain aspect. And I hope Negan is around for a while as he's interesting. The Saviors are interesting. So's the community dynamic.

My issue is what I've complained about before with Rick for a couple seasons. His character has become flat in that it's just about building him up, setting him off, breaking him down. Rinse, repeat. We know Rick will get back to Crazy Rick — which most people seem to like — once something happens to make Snot Faced Rick realize he can't just ignore things. It was the lead up to Shane, the lead up to the confrontation with the Governor, the lead up to the second confrontation with the Governor.

It was ok a couple times, but now it's not really developing the character, it's just rehashing it.

I know most people want Carl dead(he was an annoying as a child)but I'd like to see him come unhinged and take the reigns from Rick.

He is not afraid anymore and it shows.  He even offered to give up his arm to save people.

(11-14-2016, 09:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know most people want Carl dead(he was an annoying as a child)but I'd like to see him come unhinged and take the reigns from Rick.

He is not afraid anymore and it shows.  He even offered to give up his arm to save people.

I like Carl. There was a season or two where he was kind of hard to watch, but what teenager doesn't make you want to push them into a hoard of zombies?

I hope his role grows in the next few seasons and, like you said, maybe see some of that crazy of his dad.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 06:14 PM)Benton Wrote: And I hope Negan is around for a while as he's interesting.

I find Negan exceptionally creepy, but for a personal reason. The actor looks just like a good college buddy of mine. Smile, gestures and everything. But Mark was never evil.

(11-14-2016, 09:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know most people want Carl dead(he was an annoying as a child)but I'd like to see him come unhinged and take the reigns from Rick.

(11-14-2016, 09:39 PM)Benton Wrote: I like Carl. There was a season or two where he was kind of hard to watch, but what teenager doesn't make you want to push them into a hoard of zombies?

I hope his role grows in the next few seasons and, like you said, maybe see some of that crazy of his dad.

I can't tell the difference when Rick says "Carol" or "Carl". They both sort of come out as "Car-uhl". Ninja

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 11-15-2016

(11-14-2016, 06:14 PM)Benton Wrote: I like the villain aspect. And I hope Negan is around for a while as he's interesting. The Saviors are interesting. So's the community dynamic.

Semi spoiler (character development not plot)

>
>
>
>
>

>>
>
>

>
>>
>
>

>

>>

>

Negan will remain a character for a long time. He causes Rick to realize there's a better way and his fate is reflected in this. Kirkman does  a great job at blurring the lines between good and evil with Negan. He's not the Governor. He's not crazy and evil. He believes his actions have a purpose and seeks stability/security. You want to like him as a character and it leads to questions of if people deserve second chances

>>

>
>>
>
>

>>
>
>
>
>

>>
>
>
>
>

>
>>
>

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 11-16-2016

(11-14-2016, 04:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have had one episode where this group deals with life under the villain and people are upset?

That's what i was going to say. There's so much more diverse story to tell that it's going to take a couple seasons to coordinate it all for the big bang. 

I will say, a full episode of Negan...if it's done more/too much...is rough. The guy is so hateable that it's hard to get through an entire episode without jumping off the couch and yelling "JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE ALREADY!!!!" a few times. I'm sure TPTB know this, so they'll spread him out a bit going forward. You really did need the 90 minutes of 'bastard ass mofo in your face' to get the hate percolating though. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-21-2016

It's not Negen or the storyline.

The problem is that Rick went from badass to a mix of Frank Burns and the Coach played by Henry Winkler in The Waterboy.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 12:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It's not Negen or the storyline.

The problem is that Rick went from badass to a mix of Frank Burns and the Coach played by Henry Winkler in The Waterboy.

This has been my problem, and they started to do it with Jesus too in last night's episode. Fortunately, they returned him (and Carl) to their comic storylines at the end, so I am hoping things pick up in terms of confidence of the survivors moving forward. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 11-22-2016

(11-21-2016, 05:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This has been my problem, and they started to do it with Jesus too in last night's episode. Fortunately, they returned him (and Carl) to their comic storylines at the end, so I am hoping things pick up in terms of confidence of the survivors moving forward. 

you figure they will be shaken for a little bit.  and while its been 4 weeks for us with the show bouncing around its only been 1 week in the show since the vampire bat.