Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 02:54 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Problematic on so many multiple levels.  First, Negan showed up early after only a few days (not a week like he had said).

Then, Rick doesn't actually KNOW that Negan is THE Negan....he could be a Vice Negan, or maybe only a Secretary Negan.

You're still outnumbered, and hoping that another strong leader isn't ready to fill the void left by Negan.  You're also assuming they don't have advance scouts watching you.  You don't even know if Negan himself will show up, or how many he comes with, or for that matter just how big his army is.

And they still have Darryl.

Bottom line is Rick decided he would try to do what Negan was doing - offer protection for trade.  And he went off recklessly not considering there could be much larger groups with better training.  Rick is just some dumb hick Sheriff playing General, badly.

Also the fact Sasha couldn't shoot for shit when she was out in the wild trying to hit that zombie while Negan was there.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 02:19 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Haven't watched the show since the season opener. Has anything happened?

Nope. Not really.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 02:54 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Then, Rick doesn't actually KNOW that Negan is THE Negan....he could be a Vice Negan, or maybe only a Secretary Negan.

Or... he could be the Grand Negan

[Image: Star-Trek-DS9-1x11-The-Nagus_Zek.png]

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: Also the fact Sasha couldn't shoot for shit when she was out in the wild trying to hit that zombie while Negan was there.

Michonne.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Michonne.

Crap, I knew something seemed off. Sasha is actually a really good shot.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 11-30-2016

(11-28-2016, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: When Negan first comes to Alexandria, why didn't they simply have Sasha set up somewhere and sniper him in the head? At that point they still had all their guns and could have easily taken on the small force Negan brought. They could have rescued Darryl too. They had almost a week to plan for his arrival, and after taking him out, who's to say they Saviors wouldn't have imploded? Judging by Dwight, there are alot of Saviors who are not happy with their lot in life. Without Negan, who's to say their structure doesn't crumble?

It wasn't in the script. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 12-05-2016

Well executed episode for the most part that stayed true to some important storyline elements of the comics. They really started to peel apart Negan and show how likable he is.

My criticism is that I do not believe the writers are as good as the Game of Thrones writers in weaving through multiple storylines in multiple locations. I think they're stronger with they stick with one or two stories. The Rick and Aaron adventure seems relevant to them getting supplies, but there was so little of it, it's just forgettable. Cut that out and add it to the finish of the story in the next episode. Same with Michonne. Negan/Carl/Daryl and Rosita/Spencer/Eugene in this episode. Then add the 5 minutes total spent on Rick and Michonne into the next episode with the conclusion of what they're doing.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 03:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well executed episode for the most part that stayed true to some important storyline elements of the comics. They really started to peel apart Negan and show how likable he is.

My criticism is that I do not believe the writers are as good as the Game of Thrones writers in weaving through multiple storylines in multiple locations. I think they're stronger with they stick with one or two stories. The Rick and Aaron adventure seems relevant to them getting supplies, but there was so little of it, it's just forgettable. Cut that out and add it to the finish of the story in the next episode. Same with Michonne. Negan/Carl/Daryl  and Rosita/Spencer/Eugene in this episode. Then add the 5 minutes total spent on Rick and Michonne into the next episode with the conclusion of what they're doing.

Agreed.

I was hoping Rick and Aaron would make for a decent arc for a few episodes, but it looks like it was just filling minutes. Rosita and Eugene was the same, didn't really add anything to either character and could have been trimmed down to Rosita insulting him and Eugene handing her a bullet he found while doing somebody's laundry.

It's gotten more noticeable over the last couple years as they have more people and more going on, but that's been a weak part of the writing. Their stronger episodes are when they stick with 1 or 2 folks.

But outside of Rosita/Eugene and wasting time with Rick's backpack excursion, I thought it was a good episode. Carl and Negan both showed they've got some depth. We saw more of the Savior set up. I'm guessing Negan is taking the other half of their stuff since he rolled up with trucks? Punishment for Carl?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 03:57 PM)Benton Wrote: But outside of Rosita/Eugene and wasting time with Rick's backpack excursion, I thought it was a good episode. Carl and Negan both showed they've got some depth. We saw more of the Savior set up. I'm guessing Negan is taking the other half of their stuff since he rolled up with trucks? Punishment for Carl?

The important thing with Eugene is that he has a place to make bullets. This will play a role in the story further down the road. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 03:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They really started to peel apart Negan and show how likable he is.

In a sociopathic way.

(12-05-2016, 04:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The important thing with Eugene is that he has a place to make bullets. This will play a role in the story further down the road. 

I figured it would. My parents used to have a neighbor that was a prepper. He would always try to get dad to install a water tank or starting raising chickens, that sort of stuff. Dad's answer was always "Why do I need water? I can make my own bullets."

But I figured that ability could/would be important, a lot more so than just making one bullet so Rosita can miss Negan (or shoot someone else, however it's going to not work out for her).

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Beaker - 12-05-2016

Once again, another person has an opportunity to kill Negan and doesn't. Carl standing in the back of the truck with the assault rifle pointed right at Negan and doesn't pull the trigger. Really puts a dent in the plausibility factor for me.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 12-05-2016

Negan had some great lines tonight that just had me rolling

"now I'm 50% more into you"

(12-05-2016, 07:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: Once again, another person has an opportunity to kill Negan and doesn't. Carl standing in the back of the truck with the assault rifle pointed right at Negan and doesn't pull the trigger. Really puts a dent in the plausibility factor for me.

Or inside the furnace room when he handed Carl Lucille.

Side note, what is it with making Grimes guys hold his wood?

(12-05-2016, 07:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Negan had some great lines tonight that  just had me rolling  

"now I'm 50% more into you"

True. "come by later, we'll grill out" and "of course not, bat's don't have *****ies" were my favorites.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 03:57 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm guessing Negan is taking the other half of their stuff since he rolled up with trucks? Punishment for Carl?

Oh, there's some punishment coming up next week alright...

Did you see the previews for next week? 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 12-06-2016

(12-05-2016, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, there's some punishment coming up next week alright...

Did you see the previews for next week? 

DVR it, it always cuts off right about the time previews start. Or if it runs over a minute or two, then I miss the last minute or two.

But at least i don't have to watch commercials.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 12-06-2016

(12-05-2016, 05:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: In a sociopathic way.

my favorite on the show this season.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - basballguy - 12-12-2016

Negan sure does put up with a lot of shit. His level of tolerance for people trying to kill him is unreal.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Beaker - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: Negan sure does put up with a lot of shit.  His level of tolerance for people trying to kill him is unreal.

Like a wooden baseball bat is going to stop a large caliber bullet from short range. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: Negan sure does put up with a lot of shit.  His level of tolerance for people trying to kill him is unreal.

I think part of it is to show everyone what a pyschopath he is....key to maintaining power - no ever wants to mess with a pyschopath.