Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 03:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 1.) Not aimed at you specifically, but at all the Pitts suggestions. WHY? We really don't rely on TE too much.

2.) Plus, when we grabbed Sample in the 2nd round, most complained. 

1.) I mean, maybe we should reply on them more?  Just look at the successful teams in this league. 

The Superbowl featured Travis Kelce on one side, and Gronk on the other.  Hell, the Bucs were so stacked they had a gluttony of tight ends.  Their #2 and #3, Howard and Brate, are aguably better than anyone we currently have.

2.) I don't think anyone ripped the Sample pick because he was a tight end, they ripped it because he was a huge reach.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Sled21 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I mean, maybe we should reply on them more?  Just look at the successful teams in this league. 

The Superbowl featured Travis Kelce on one side, and Gronk on the other.  Hell, the Bucs were so stacked they had a gluttony of tight ends.  Their #2 and #3, Howard and Brate, are aguably better than anyone we currently have.

2.) I don't think anyone ripped the Sample pick because he was a tight end, they ripped it because he was a huge reach.

I think the Superbowl teams had more to do with Brady/Mahommes than it did Kelce/Gronk. I'm all for upgrading TE, but it's not the be all end all

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. That's what I popped in this thread to say.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-19-2021, 04:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I mean, maybe we should reply on them more?  Just look at the successful teams in this league. 

That's fair. He was drafted mainly for his blocking capabilities IIRC. And you are correct that TE's are important but both those SB teams utilized the TE more in their gameplan than we do. Could that change? Yeah, sure it could.  However, let's not forget Kelsey was drafted in the 3rd rd and Gronk in the 2nd.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Honestly that's how I've felt all through free agency on here. ?

It's been fun for a change.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - mikey6866 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 03:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not aimed at you specifically, but at all the Pitts suggestions. WHY? We really don't rely on TE too much. Plus, when we grabbed Sample in the 2nd round, most complained. 

I hated the Sample pick but it wasnt because it was he was a TE.  It was because hes not a good TE and we took him in the 2nd round.  That said at #5 I would much rather have Sewell or one of the Wr's depending on Golladay situation.  If we nab Golladay I wouldent mind Pitts but would much prefer Oline in round 1.

(03-19-2021, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly that's how I've felt all through free agency on here. ?

Yes it has. Although, when hours go by without news, it feels like days as we look for something to hang our hopes on for the upcoming year. More this year than ever because we know what's at stake if they don't fix that line.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I mean, maybe we should reply on them more?  Just look at the successful teams in this league. 

Tyler Eifert and the Bengals proved me wrong about Cordarelle Patterson.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 03:24 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe was just a 53 percent passer in the red zone.  Pitts would help in that regard. 

Having enough time to let a route develop would help even more.  Just sayin'.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly that's how I've felt all through free agency on here. ?

Last free agency, too.

I’m starting to believe the worm has turned with free agency. Probably shouldn’t even say it so I don’t jinx it.

(03-19-2021, 05:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Last free agency, too.

I’m starting to believe the worm has turned with free agency. Probably shouldn’t even say it so I don’t jinx it.

[Image: what-you-talkin-5b5f98.jpg]

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 03-19-2021

There's still several quality players at all positions still available for reasonable prices. If the Bengals don't land Galloday, I still see them bringing in another WR, OL, and CB. I'd even like to see them bring in Conner at RB. I would like the tough running duo of Mixon and Conner, smash mouth running! He's close friends with Boyd, so you can always dream! Unfortunately, he'll probably end up re-signing with those Stealers!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - shanebo - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 05:10 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: There's still several quality players at all positions still available for reasonable prices. If the Bengals don't land Galloday, I still see them bringing in another WR, OL, and CB. I'd even like to see them bring in Conner at RB. I would like the tough running duo of Mixon and Conner, smash mouth running! He's close friends with Boyd, so you can always dream! Unfortunately, he'll probably end up re-signing with those Stealers!

I would like to see another CB too -- buy low on someone young like Adoree Jackson (coming off injury) or Kevin King (high pick who has flashed brilliance).

At RB, I'd love to see them kick the tires on Tevin Coleman.  He's a stud when healthy. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Benton - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:03 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Per Field Yates on twitter.

"The Bengals deal with Riley Reiff is for one year and is worth $7.5M, with  $5.5M guaranteed, per source. "

I still think OL is the way to go in the first.

Even if it was a longer deal, line would still be the best way to go. Harts gone, so somebody is going to have to play lt. Who knows how many snaps jonah takes?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - impactplaya - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the Superbowl teams had more to do with Brady/Mahommes than it did Kelce/Gronk. I'm all for upgrading TE, but it's not the be all end all

Pitts is light years better than any other TE in this draft
In fact he might be the best offensive skill position
Player in this draft. 
Guys like Surtain who is a projected 1st RD pick couldnt 
Even cover him on Saturdays.
He is  a headache for DC's. 
When you are being compared to Calvin Johnson.
You don't pass on talents like that

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BurrowTheGoat - 03-19-2021

Even with the addition of Reiff id be allin on oline in early part of draft. Imagine Sewell at 5 and Wyatt Davis at 37.
This line:
Williams - Davis - Hopkins - Sewell - Reiff

Burrow will make WRs good like Brady. While it would be nice to have elite weapons I think the IMMEDIATE thing to do is solidify his health and protection. Plus a good oline is how we get the most out of Mixons prime.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 05:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Last free agency, too.

Each of the last two years their biggest needs were OL, OL, and OL.

They signed XSF in a lateral move from John Miller and said "well that's a job well done" last year. 
So far they have signed Reiff to a 1 year deal this year. Better than XSF, but hopefully they don't think that's enough again.

I'm not willing to believe until they actually address the real issue they need to fix. The Chiefs were in the Super Bowl last season, came into FA with -$2m in cap space, and yet they've added more OL than the Bengals so far.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Mobster - 03-19-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha I love Chad

(03-19-2021, 03:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not aimed at you specifically, but at all the Pitts suggestions. WHY? We really don't rely on TE too much. Plus, when we grabbed Sample in the 2nd round, most complained. 

Silliness.

Why sign a pass rusher? We don't even really rush the passer very much... ?

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 05:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Pitts is light years better than any other TE in this draft
In fact he might be the best offensive skill position
Player in this draft. 
Guys like Surtain who is a projected 1st RD pick couldnt 
Even cover him on Saturdays.
He is  a headache for DC's. 
When you are being compared to Calvin Johnson.
You don't pass on talents like that

Unless you don't have the ability to get the ball to said talent because your line is trash....

Remind me again, how many playoff wins did Calvin Johnson have with the Lions???

Stop worrying about the flashy extras and start focusing on giving Burrow time to make the 4th round talents (like Brevin Jordan the TE from Miami) look like All-Pros.

(03-19-2021, 05:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Each of the last two years their biggest needs were OL, OL, and OL.

They signed XSF in a lateral move from John Miller and said "well that's a job well done" last year. 
So far they have signed Reiff to a 1 year deal this year. Better than XSF, but hopefully they don't think that's enough again.

I'm not willing to believe until they actually address the real issue they need to fix. The Chiefs were in the Super Bowl last season, came into FA with -$2m in cap space, and yet they've added more OL than the Bengals so far.

True. But, to paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld it’s not the free agency I wanted, but it’s the free agency I got. It’s been better than usual so an incremental step in the right direction.