Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They like their QB, and wanted the absolute best available to protect him. It’s a great signing. When they’re hoisting their second Lombardi next season nobody is going to regret overpaying a G to protect Mahomes.

Most likely why they cut both their starting OTs

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Great point! They saw the Bucs
"D" chase Mahomes as he was running for his life in the Superbowl. KC management said, "enough of that!" and had taken steps to correct it.
Meanwhile in Cincinnati, Dalton and now Burrow run for their lives and we sign 2nd and 3rd tier guys trying to plug holes and pray our drafted lineman will come in and get the job done. Truely is a ' Tale of Two Cities'.

They cut their 2 best OT's...

Then they signed a Guard for 16 mil a year....

We will see how this works out. I saw those backup OT's in the Super Bowl...

Did you?

RE: Thuney wanted to join the Bengals; Bengals lowballed him - TecmoBengals - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't care if we still were able to pay more players. If we were only able to pay one, I would NOT be excited.

Thuney wouldn't of filled all of the team's holes.

I feel you, but that implies the team would be signing multiple players that as a collective whole improves the squad more than a Thuney caliber player. I guess we'll have to see how the next few days unfold. Maybe they'll sign a few players that improve the team.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 06:50 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: You going to be laughing if Burrow is scraped up off the field again like I TOLD YOU would happen to him last season! Enjoy Toast!

The **** is wrong with you?

Why would anyone want this to happen?

RE: Hendrickson - jj22 - 03-15-2021

It could be both. No big guard signing allows for a couple more pieces we didn't think was likely.

RE: Thuney wanted to join the Bengals; Bengals lowballed him - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I feel you, but that implies the team would be signing multiple players that as a collective whole improves the squad more than a Thuney caliber player. I guess we'll have to see how the next few days unfold. Maybe they'll sign a few players that improve the team.

Free Agency is still 2 days away. 

It gets a little out of hand around here right before FA. Did last year too and we saw how much they spent on D.

I hope they do the same this FA to protect Burrow and get pass rushers.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - spazz70 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:20 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I hear people say..."Bengals are going to have to overpay"....or......"That guy was NEVER going to come here anyway!" I say..."How many years are we going to hear this tripe?" Who dug the franchise into this hole to begin with? Are we ever going to get out of this rut? Bengals money not as good as KC's? We spent some money last year, but didn't get any of the top Oline FA last year either. Bummer.

I guess were just a third rate ran franchise that should expect lower expectations?

[Image: DuBDNUXU4AUuUJG.jpg]

Bengals money not as good as KC's? 

No, it is not...they have been to 2 consecutive SBs and probably a few more in the near future....The Bengals are probably several years away.....If Thuney got 16 mil per then the Bengals needed to offer 18 per year and he would just want to come here for the money

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely why they cut both their starting OTs

Both of whom are on the wrong side of 30, and coming off injuries. In Schwartz’s case it’s back issues, which are extremely hard to overcome for anyone, let alone athletes.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-15-2021

Good lord just had a thought. Hope their not saving $$$ to resign AJ.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t just one player. Had they at least signed Zeitler you’d only see half the amount of complaints.

What if Zeitler wasn't all that interested in coming back? 

I'm as guilty as anyone saying we should sign this guy or that guy...but the player has to actually want to come here as well.

Last year, they were able to find some guys that seemed genuinely enthusiastic about coming to Cincy, but not every player the fans want is going to feel that way.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:00 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Bengals money not as good as KC's? 

No, it is not...they have been to 2 consecutive SBs and probably a few more in the near future....The Bengals are probably several years away.....If Thuney got 16 mil per then the Bengals needed to offer 18 per year and he would just want to come here for the money

Yeah and we would be screwed as we could only afford that one guy and maybe one more FA...

We need at least 4 top tier Free Agents, not just one. I think the Chiefs were dumb on this one, we will see in the future.

I sure wouldn't like those back up OT's that lost the Super Bowl protecting me if I was Mahomes.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 08:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Both of whom are on the wrong side of 30, and coming off injuries. In Schwartz’s case it’s back issues, which are extremely hard to overcome for anyone, let alone athletes.

Ok, so they protected Mahomes by cutting Schwartz and Fischer. Boy they spare no expense 

(03-15-2021, 07:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The **** is wrong with you?

Why would anyone want this to happen?

Well, I can think of at least one poster here...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m tired of maybes. Just sign some good players. And I’d much rather overpay the guys that protect our franchise than a NT or CB.

That is the point.  Maybe those good players don't want to be in Cinci.  Maybe they would rather be on teams that have a better reputation of winning even if it means not taking top dollar.  At some point when someone makes enough to support themselves for life, and their kids, an their grandchildren and they have spent the majority of their life training to get where they are top dollar does not always matter.  Some players at that point want to be on teams with a likelihood of more success.

I'm kind of repeating this but the Bengals are probably not on the top of the list for free agents.  This team has been bad and currently has a head coach that a lot think is over his head.  The Bengals are just not a destination team.  It sucks as a fan to think no top player really wants to play for the Bengals unless they get over paid.  But I guess that is what it is.

(03-15-2021, 08:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What if Zeitler wasn't all that interested in coming back? 

I'm as guilty as anyone saying we should sign this guy or that guy...but the player has to actually want to come here as well.

Last year, they were able to find some guys that seemed genuinely enthusiastic about coming to Cincy, but not every player the fans want is going to feel that way.

True, I know Thuney wanted to come here but we need to fill a lot of holes and paying him 16-18 mil a year would mean we 
couldn't get the other holes filled. Both sides of the Line need filled with top tier players. We can still do this, we wouldn't of 
been able to if we signed Thuney for that much.

(03-15-2021, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ok, so they protected Mahomes by cutting Schwartz and Fischer. Boy they spare no expense 

You betting they’re done addressing their OL?

(03-15-2021, 08:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You betting they’re done addressing their OL?

Nicomo, calm down. FA hasn't even started yet.

You betting we are not going to address our OL?

RE: Hendrickson - pulses - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would pay Hendrickson myself, hope this happens. 

Really like Lawson as everyone knows but his injury history is still concerning.

Yeah I think Hendrickson is just hitting his stride honestly. Check your DMThumbsUp

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BigPapaKain - 03-15-2021

Is it crickets again?

It's always ***** crickets.

RE: Hendrickson - kalibengal - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 07:41 PM)samhain Wrote: Honestly, I'd rather them grab 2 upper-mid level pass rushers that they can use in rotations.  Double up on guys like Okwara and Ingram.  I'd rather get 2 very good guys and add depth than one huge signing with nothing behind them when they get hurt.  Hubbard plus Lawson didn't exactly give them a monster pass rush last year.  They need more guys that just Lawson or Hendrickson.

I think Okwara is off the table